Copyright (c) 2014 by Benjamin T Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Benjamin T -- Blogmeister

-

by Benjamin T teacher: Melanie Transue
Dear Freshy 05/16/12
Baseball 04/19/12
March Madness 03/26/12
Marxism 02/20/12
Friends 02/15/12
The Hunger Games 01/31/12
Part III 01/04/12
CHRISTMAS!! 12/15/11
Ooh, ooh pick me, AGAIN 12/08/11
Flying high 11/29/11

Dear Freshy,

Throughout your lives you have probably heard that being a Freshman is the worst thing in the whole entire world. However, there are specific rules that if you follow will help you enjoy your Freshman year a little bit more.

First, thing is turning your work in on time. Not turning your work in on time is where you lose most of your points. Even though you may not want to do the work you have to.

Second you have to stay organized. Yes it is very difficult but it will help you greatly. By staying organized you will always know what homework

you have as well as tests coming up so you can study.

These are some of the many tools you can use to help enjoy your freshman year.

Sincerely, Ben Townsend

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 02:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

April free write. What 's you're favorate sport? Do you play a spring sport? Do you play baseball? Basketball is over, which means that it's baseball season.

I have played in the outfield for the past three years. However, now I play third base. I enjoy playing third, but their are some drawbacks. For instance they don't hit the ball to you a lot so sometimes it's boring, however when they do you better be paying close attention because they hit the ball very fast & usually right at your head. Our team played Mountain View high school at their field. Some kid hit one right at me, I was expecting it to be a grounder at me, but it hit a lip and almost took my head off.

Right now we aren't doing so good, we are one and five. We would’ve beaten Lackawanna Trail. We where ahead five to one, then it started to rain. Lackawanna Trail then came back with a six to one lead when they called the game. Our only win is over Susquehanna a week ago. My hitting isn't so good. At our Western Wayne game I hit a grounder to the first baseman, but the first baseman thought the second baseman had it. In the confusion I got to first base. Also, at our Mountain View game their first baseman was standing over the plate ready to catch the ball I hit to the shortstop. Since he was standing on the plate I tripped over him, he missed the ball, so he got a player interference, and I got to second. We have a game this friday May 4th against Montrose. I hope we finally win.

I hope somebody hits one to me at third base. This has been our baseball season so far this year.

March freewrite.

You may think of March as the beginning of spring and the snow is almost gone, well March has a different meaning to me. MARCH MADNESS!!!

March madness is what I think of when someone talks about the March season. This is when the three collage basketball divisions play amongst themselves to see who the best team in each division is. The TV program I watch only focuses on division one. These are the largest schools spread throughout the US. What really surprised me was that Syracuse lost to Ohio State. I was hoping this would happen but didn’t really think that it would. I was tired of Syracuse always winning & wanted to see someone else beat them.

Now it is down the the last four, one from each region of the US. It is The Ohio State University from the east, University of Kentucky representing the south, University of Louisville for the wast, & last but not least University of Kansas for the Midwest. UK is playing LOUIS at six o nine P.M. On Mar. thirty first while OHIOST will play KANSAS at eight fourty nine P.M. On Mar. thirty first. Then the winners from those two games will go on to play on Apr. second at nine o clock P.M.

This is what the March season means to me. I can't wait to see who wins the semi-finals & the finals.

Marxists would criticize the movie Hugo. They would criticize Hugo because money is unequal and because the main character Hugo struggles to survive because he has no money.

One of the many reasons that marxists would criticize Hugo because money is unequal and causes conflict in the story. Hugo was a clock maker’s son. Then, Hugo's father dies and he looses everything. After that, Hugo goes to live with his poor uncle who keeps the clocks running at a train station just to survive.

Also, marxists would criticize Hugo because Hugo struggles to survive when his uncle runs off and nobody notices. Hugo starts to steal food and drinks from vendors & people from the station. Hugo gets no money to live on. Also, Hugo lives in the walls of the train station.

In conclusion marxists would criticize Hugo because money is unequal & the main character struggles to survive because he has no money. This is why Marxists would criticize the movie Hugo.

Is your friend explosive? Is he or she one of a kind? Are they bright & colorfull? If so then you can probably compare your friends to elements.

• Ryan is like Potassium, he is very helpful but can be very reactive

• Mark is like Neon, he doesn't react with anything and shines brightly in a crowd

• Curtis is like Krypton because he is one of a kind & colorfull

• Jacob is like neodymium because he is bright & has a one of a kind personality

In conclusion, most friends are like elements, all unique in their own way.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 02:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

Voice Recorder >>

In part III of the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, Who is Jed?

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

How was your christmas? What did you ask for? What did you get? I've gotten good playing time on the JV basketball team, and gotten lots of things for christmas. The JV basketball team is 2-0. We just played NE Bradford. We won 54-10!! Yea pretty bad eh. We also play Tunkhannock tommorow, I hope we win, it'll be a tough game. And we lose, our first loss of the season, lets hope it is our only.

This christmas I got a new Kindle Fire. I is like a small ipad. When I got it it already had angrybirds on it, and ever since my parents have been addicted to it. Just recently they added Scrabble, Words With Friends, Fruit Ninja, and Chess. There are more but I would be here all night listing them.

Also I got a new ipod nano from my brother. It's really awsome, it's touch screne with just over 7.5GB of memory on it. I only have Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album, B.B. King's How Blue Can You Get live album, and Eric Clapton's From the Cradel album. I hope to get a lot more songs on it but thats all i've got for now.

Last, I got a telescope for christmas. I haven't yet figured out how it works, but hopefully i will be able to and be able to look at the moon. Well that was my christmas in a egg shell, there were more gifts, but none that big.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:40 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 54

In chapter 29 why did Jim take down the lightning rod?

In chapter 12 what do you think think the kite stands for?

(November Freewrite)This November I was in a play that our schools drama club put on.

Also, basketball season has started and I was super sore after the first practice.

Then a new game came out called Battlefield 3. It is a first person shooter game where you can drive vehicles and blow up buildings. This game sounds amazing!

I went hunting for the first time this year. Me and my dad went out at five in the morning and didn't see anything all day. We finally headed back in at noon for lunch then came back out and still didn't see anything.

We scrimmaged a school called Riverside in basketball. They are out past Scranton, two hours away!! The scrimmage went ok for JV but the game was quiter than church, immagin that at a basketball game.

Also, our basketball team went to BBC (Baptist Bible Collage) in scranton to watch thier basketball practice. It was a lot of fun. I learned a few things while I was there. Afterwards we went out to eat at a chinese buffet in Scranton, and the food was awsome! These are just some of the amazing things I did over my November!

.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 12:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

(October Freewrite)Since when did it snow in October? Why is this year's weather so crazy? How did I get stuck with a solo? This is my October.

I just gotten a new dog a few months ago.

When I took him out for a walk he would run to the end of the leash ,then run the other way. Halfway through he would stop and start sliding.

When he got to the other end of the leash he would pull me down and I would fall every time. Also this year my aunt and uncle threw a Halloween party.

They had lots of food.

Their was hot dogs, baked beans, cookies, candy, and lots more.

They had a parade to see who had the best costume, my aunt Jane won, she was dressed up as a witch.

After that I went to see the movie The Big Year staring Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson.

The movie was very funny.

It was about three men who try to see the most amount of birds in America.

They travel all over the country and find some of the most exotic birds.

I wont tell you more because I don't want to spoil it, but this is a movie you should definitely go see.

Last, I am in drama and we put on a preview of the play we would be doing for the people in our school.

I had a solo in the preview, and we did the same song five times.

By the end of the day I was so tired I just wanted to pass out.

These are some of the things I have done over this October.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 07:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

There are many good pets.  Cats require less attention.   Rats can learn to use a litter tray.  Dogs help fend off intruders.  So are dogs, cats, or rats better pets?  Dogs are because they help keep intruders out, they also are very obedient, last they are loyal and won't run away as easly as cats or rats.                                                                                                                        

You just get done reading a really good book and go to watch tv, then you see a comercial that the book you just got done reading is going to be a movie.  You are so excited.  You wait a month then finally go to the movie, then the movie starts and to your suprise it is terrible.  The book is always better than the movie, in movies they cut some of the best scenes, also they change the characters, last in a book you can imagin the setting.

Theme: sometimes lies aren't always bad

Story: Al-Faq lied to the man to make him feel better. He also lied to the villigers and told them that the man was holy.

Life: Parents tell their kids that Santa is real, but he isn't. They tell their kids this to make their childhoods more enjoyable. Also, my parents tell me they got me something really crappy for my birthday, but when I unrap it it is always really cool.

Article posted October 11, 2011 at 01:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

September Freewrite

Over the summer I went to Camp St. Andrews.  It's a basketball camp near where I live.  At the end of the week they give out awards to some camers.  One of them is the Hustler award, it's a person who tried hard and didn't quit.  I had wanted this award for three years and finally I got the award.  When the camp director announced the award I had asked my friend a question, when I heard my name get called and I had no idea what was happening. 

Also, over the summer I got an Xbox three sixty.  My brother who has an Xbox has wanted me to get one.  My brother is twenty-six and doesn't live with me.  When I told him I finally got it his jaw hit the ground he was so surprised.

I also went to scout camp Tuscarora.  I usually go with my troop but that week I was at basketball camp, so I went with another troop.  I had never even heard of them so I felt pretty alone.  Then when I started to hang out with them they were really cool.  We played this game,  you  find two trees about thirty feet apart get a person at each tree they are the throwers.  Everyone eltse gets in th middle.  The one thrower throws a ball to the other thrower.  All the people in the middle run for a tree.  If you get hit you are out.  You have to keep running between trees, you can stay at the tree for up to three throws or you are out. 

This is some of the amazing stuff I have done over the summer.

Hello. My name is Ben and I had to decorate my English binder for my English class. I play baseball for my school that’s why I have a picture of a baseball on my binder. On my binder I put a picture of Linkin Park because they are one of my favorite bands. Also, I have picture of a guy named Louis Diaz on my binder. He’s on my binder because I read a book about him called Dancing with the Devil by Neal Hirschfeld.  I also put the quote "It doesn't matter how you start its how you finnish" by George S. Pattonon on my  binder also.  I chose this quote because I play sports and sometimes we don't start good so we think we will lose and we do.  Last I put a picture of a book on my binder because I like to read.  This is what I put on my English binder.