Copyright (c) 2014 by Kyrston S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kyrston S -- Blogmeister

Chickenn.(:-

by Kyrston S teacher: Melanie Transue

Deconstruction Blog.

A deconstructionist would celebrate the song “Where You Are” by Rascal Flatts because the speaker refers to himself and his girl as inanimate objects, which demonstrates deeper meanings.

One reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because when the speaker says, “You’re a waterfall, washing over me / I’m a thirsty man let me drink you in” he is saying that he wants to be with the girl and he wants her to let him love her. A deconstructionist would be in favor for this because he isn’t literally a waterfall, he has deeper meaning.

Another example that illustrates why a deconstructionist would approve of this song is because the speaker uses symbolism. He says, “I’m the frozen ground, you’re the warm sunlight.”  He is using a “frozen ground” and “warm sunlight” to symbolize how she makes him feel warm inside.

In conclusion a deconstructionist would celebrate the song, “Where You Are” by Rascal Flatts because he shows deeper meaning and uses symbolism.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM • comment • Reads 205 • see all articles