Copyright (c) 2014 by Kelly S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kelly S -- Blogmeister

-

by Kelly S teacher: Melanie Transue

Feminists would not like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I am not a feminist.

Construction Theory

Feminists would frown upon the song “She Looks To Me” by Red Hot Chili Peppers because it implies that women aren’t as strong as men and the mentioned woman in the song supposedly needs a man to look up to.

In the song, the opinion that men are more enduring is projected; one verse of the lyrics says “who’s going to take you home when things aren’t so bright? She looks to me.” This verse, and almost all others in the song, implies that every woman needs a man to protect her when things get hard to handle.

Also in the song is the implied surmise that women need a man to idolize. The lyrics of the song say, “She’s searching for another light, she looks to me.” Feminists would most definitely criticize this, for it suggests that women are inferior to men; that women should look up to men.

Although it is, in my opinion, a wonderful piece of music by a magnificent band that has been making music for nigh on thirty years, feminists would not appreciate it so much because it generally implies that men are superior to women.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 03:15 PM • comment (4) • Reads 201 • see all articles