Copyright (c) 2014 by Kelly S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kelly S -- Blogmeister

-

by Kelly S teacher: Melanie Transue

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

A Visual Representation of Me

My name is Kelly, and I had to decorate my binder for English. For this visual representation, I had to have four pictures and a quote. My first picture was of an acoustic guitar in a jar, with the caption “Sound captured,” to represent my personality. I chose this picture because I play guitar; music is the most important thing to me. My second picture, representing something I like, was of an album cover from the band Jack’s Mannequin. I like this band and listen to them often. For my third picture, I used one of Sam I Am holding a plate of green eggs and ham, from the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. This was a positive memory of my life as a reader, because my mother read this book to me many times, among others by Dr. Seuss. For the fourth picture, which could be anything and represent anything, was a close-up of a green leaf. I chose it because there is much beauty in nature which must be preserved, and trees are very important. For the last thing, my quote, I chose song lyrics from the song "Dashboard" by the band Modest Mouse; "The dashboard melted but we still have the radio." I chose this quote because, first off, I love that song and the band. Also because I think it's a good sentence to live by, for it states that despite any misfortune that may befall you, there will still be something to live for and be happy about. In a more literal sense, it also states that when all else fails, music will always be there, for there is a song for almost every feeling you could ever feel if you can find the right song. That is my binder, thank you for reading this.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 01:09 PM • comment (3) • Reads 59 • see all articles