Copyright (c) 2014 by Kelly S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kelly S -- Blogmeister

-

by Kelly S teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear Freshy,

You made it! Congratulations for passing 8th grade! Being a Freshman is completely different than all of your previous years in school. You have a lot more free time, but also a lot more responsibilities. Every year the teachers warn you and tell you that the next year is going to be much harder. They do that to make sure you’re prepared for the next year and ready to take on whatever comes at you. For some students it works, and for some it doesn’t.

This year everything changes. If you’re not organized and you get behind, it’s extremely hard to catch up. From now on you have to take your work seriously. There is fun stuff that you get to do though. Like this year you get to go to homecoming and pep rallies. You also get to see the high school talent show. As long as you keep up with your work and as long as you don’t slack, this should be a completely amazing year for you. Welcome to your first year of high school! Good luck!!

Love,

Kayla

Courtney C.

Dear Freshy,

I hope you get through the year like a fly. If you do not do your work they will say, “Is your work done?”  This year will be easy if you do you work. Here is a chance for you to meet the teachers.

Mr. Hein teaches Civics.  All you need is a notebook and a pencil to take notes.  You take a really lot of notes.  If you do not study for tests, you will fail.  This class is easy.  He does not give much homework at all, but when he does, you need to do it.

Mr. Woolcock teaches science.  He does a lot of labs.  You have to take notes, but not overly like Mr. Hein.  Mr. Woolcock lets you use your notes for the test.  If you do not copy the review sheet in your notebook, you will not be able to use it.

Mrs. Farr teaches Health.  You do projects.  She gives you a date that the project is due.  One time I actually did set the project aside, then the date was really soon.  I suggest getting the projects done and over with before the due date.  You take a lot of notes.  You learn a lot.  Sometimes the tests are hard. 

Ms. Transue teaches English and Reading.  Every Wednesday you go to the computer lab and do blogging.  You have to do the blogging or you will fail.  You have to do a free-write every month.  There are also new assignments that you have to do.  You read in her class.  Some examples are short stories, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Romeo and Juliet, the Odyssey.  Every marking period you have to read a book and complete a book packet.  You take few notes.  The tests are hard.  Usually there are two essays on a book. 

All the teachers are nice, but when Ms. Transue has to tell you to stop talking she will get mad.  Just pay attention, and I hope you will like this year!

Good Luck and Have a Great Year!

Courtney C.

Dear Freshy Letter

Dear Freshy,

Hey there freshman, only three more years of school left huh? I bet you're really excited about that. I'm writing this letter to you to try to give you some advice about being in the ninth grade. You're going to have to work hard, have a positive attitude and just have fun.

In the ninth grade, unfortunately, you're going to have to work hard. You have to work hard because you definitely want to end the year with good grades right? You also want to have good friendships with your teachers, ask them for help, and tell them that you don't understand something. Don't worry, none of them bite.

Another thing about the ninth grade is that you have to think positive. Of course this applies to all the grade levels, but in the ninth grade it counts a lot more.

Love,

Kali 

Dear future freshman

Eighth grade is over and your ninth grade year is about to begin. The most important thing to know about ninth grade is make sure you meet your deadlines. For example Miss Transue makes you turn in an initial free write for you blogs. Make sure you turn it in because it’s basically free points for your grade.

Also before your ninth grade year you may not have had to study for all your tests but as of now you better start studying. The tests are harder and the teachers don’t just hand you a study guide with all the questions for the test you have to actually have to study your notes that you take.

Last make sure you do your homework when you get it, because the teachers try not to give you large amounts of homework, so when you have it get it done. I hope you have learned a little bit about what is to come in the next year. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Montana Cole

Dear Kiddos,

Congratulations ladies and gentleman you have made it through the easiest years of your life, and it’s all downhill from here. Classes get harder and teachers get stricter. Say goodbye to being able to turn in late work for full credit, getting told when things are due, and having your teacher show you how to do everything. This is the big time people; your grades count from here on out for college so I suggest don’t mess it up. Flat out these teachers are going to get under your skin, annoy you, and make you want to freak out, but they are trying to help you in the end believe it or not.

The advice I’d give to you is get over yourself, and do you work, because if you don’t you’re just going to have to go through it all again. Also, the teachers are nice and fun if you’re on their good side so I suggest you stay there. Another thing, if you looking for an easy nice way to get through this year I’d give up. You have to do work, and you have to sometimes take it home. I know what a horrid life you’ll be living. Though one thing that’s nice is not taking PSSA’s so that makes up for all the crap. In conclusion, have fun and good luck!

Sincerely, Alicia Hunter

Dear Freshman of 2012-1213:

Congratulations!!! You made it through Jr. High alive.

Welcome to ninth grade!!!

As a former Freshman I will be totally honest with you… it’s a tough year. Not only for grades and schoolwork but with friends as well.

My advice to you is to be yourself. How can other people accept you if you don’t accept yourself first? Its not about how many friends you have, how may people you know, or even who you hang out with. Its about surrounding yourself in the people who make you happy, and like you for who you really are.

Don’t pay attention to rumors. They are just evidence that you are awesome. The people who take the time out of there day to talk about you. They are simply jealous. Its just pointless drama.

Personally most of my friends are guys. They are low key and easy to get along with. Girls on the other hand can be nasty. You will really find out who your true friends are. Everyone is changing… whether it be for the good or bad. Just go with the flow. Making some new friends is to be expected.

The ninth grade teachers are awesome. Stay on there good side and do your homework. In all honesty homework is not that big of a deal so do it, and get it over with. Study for tests. Take advantage of class time and study halls.

Organization is important. From your locker to your notebooks and binders. You will be talking a tremendous amount of notes… keep them organized and neat. I recommend having a certain color for each class. Ex) Science: green notebook, book cover, and folder/binder. Its make it easy when you have to stop at your locker in between classes. Always be on time.

This year can only be as great as you make it. Stay positive, and make some forever long memories! Don’t stress… there is nothing to worry about. I hope I have provided you with some useful advice.

Good Luck!

Love Olivia <3

Freshy:

Dear Freshman,

To start all of this off, I’d like to say freshman year isn’t as bad as everyone says it is. You’re able to choose how you want your freshman year. The one adjustment you need to make as a new freshman student is learning to multitask. Your teachers love to plan everything together. Once you accomplish this skill you’ll have no trouble flying through your freshman year; just like most of us soon to be sophomores, flew through ours.

Freshman year is the year you’re trusted more, but most people take it for granted. Your classes don’t get any easier and the teachers assign more homework. You can get through it, we did. Stay on top of things and you’ll be fine. Don’t contemplate on if you’re going to do the work or not. It’s best if you just do it to begin with that way your grades are good and you don’t have to worry about failing. If you plan on getting everything done and have a little fun, your freshman year will be a good transition and you’ll know what the future is going to hold for you.

Good luck and have fun new freshman! (:

Sincerely,

Julie.

Dear scared and confused Freshy ,

You don’t know it yet, but when you walk out of the 9th grade you will be a whole different person than you were when you walked in. This is the year of change for you. Life will seem hard and sometimes quite boring, but most of it will rush by in a blur that you can’t control and you will at one point scream at the top of your lungs, I swear. It’s going to be complicated. It’s supposed to be that way though. It’s part of growing up. You are going to make mistakes and you are going to wish you could take a lot of the things you ever said or did back at one point. Although you feel like you can take it back, there will be times that you can’t, but you have to get up and be strong and move along anyway. Keep your head up high and don’t let life get in the way of your pride. Trust me, I have been there.

Things that will make it better are getting good grades. The last thing you need to add to your plate is bad grades to worry about too. Deadlines pass in no time, so do it when you have free time. Yes, yes I know that your x-box or hanging out with your friends sounds so much better than doing book packets, but hint: if you don’t do it you will fail for that marking period. I have been there and it isn’t fun. Do it when you have the time because truth is, you have no time to waste. Every moment passes before you know it and if you think lying in bed asking “why you” is going to fix it, you are in for a rude awakening when you realize you have less time than you think.

Dear freshy, life is tough but you have to face it head on and not back down. Don’t let the ninth grade stop you, let it change you though. Let it make you into a better person because that’s what it’s meant to do. Things change. Adapt. You made it this far, you can make it further. Good luck. 

Sincerely, been-there –done-that 10th grader   

Dear Freshmen,

Congrats you’re in high school! You all might think that you are the big bad kids now but you’re really not. You’re the youngest kids in high school. This is a big time in your life. You get to pick out what your career is going to be. Freshmen year is kind of fun.

Make sure you do all your work on time. That’s the hardest part of freshmen year. The teachers say this is due in two weeks. It’s better to get the work done early so you don’t forget about it. Some people say that freshmen year is hard but i thought it was pretty easy.

Have fun and enjoy it. It only comes once and someday you’re going to miss it. Remember get your work done early it helps.

Sincerely Emily

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 04:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 155

Dear Freshy,

I’d refer to you as your real name if I was there, but hey I’m not. This year you’ll be given and told to do things you’ve yet to learn. Some of it is difficult and some of it is just plain funny. You’ll do AIDS packets and watch someone get flour blown up in their face. Some of you will learn something from Civics, some. Trust me half the kids in there are asleep or just plain not paying attention. It’s a simple class, really it is. You’re going to have the fun of this here blog site. I mean this is just fantastic. Plus, you’ll get to read some barely comprehendible story about these two kids falling in love. Spoiler alert – they both die.  Also, whoever you are lucky to have for math, pay some attention. That math stuff it’s really just not my thing. Pay attention and you won’t be taking Algebra twice.

Now we move on to discussing the actual teachers. Mr. Hein is just silly and awesome. If you actually show some sort of effort in his class, he’ll like you. If you don’t, well you’ll fail. Mr. Woolcock is the classic scientist. He likes to have experiments and make sweet stuff. The notes are helpful. Take them. Miss Transue is quite the character. You will have the joy of English and writing. Get to her class on time and make use of the point “English has more than one answer”. Also, Mrs. Farr is our lovely health teacher. She is a really awesome lady if you actually do something in her class. Mainly the best advice for all the teachers is to do their work. You will pass then. If you don’t, you’ll enjoy them in the year coming.

Love and Happiness,

Natalie Nicole

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 211

Dear freshy letter

Dear freshy,

I’m sure you’ve been told how boring Freshmen year is, but it’s not. Ninth grade is all new. You have lunch later, more exciting field day, pep rallies and homecoming. This year for you guys is your year for a FRESH start. You also get a break between you hour period. There should only be two goals for you this year, keep your grades up and have as much fun as possible.

There are only a couple downfalls of being a Freshmen but not too many. One thing is that you are the youngest and the newest in high school. Another problem is that you are nailed with homework so keep up to date on it. The final problem is that the teachers expect a little more from you than your past years.  Don’t let those few things bum out your ninth grade year.

Sincerely,

Merrick

Dear new freshmen,

Hi my name is Cory most of you might know me but I’m here to give u some advice on what to expect in ninth grade and how to be successful so you don’t fail.

Well one way to be successful is to be organized and know what work you have to do and when it’s due.

Another way is to do all your work through the entire year and you won’t have to work your butt off the last two quarters.

In ninth grade you’re going to do a lot of essays and projects so don’t pull a Cory and wait till the last minute to do them

Your friend Cory,

Dear freshy:

Dear future freshmen,

You are now entering your first year of high school. Some advice I would give to you is to stay organized, and enjoy your year.

The key to success your freshmen year, and possibly the rest of high school, is organization. A clean locker is a good place to start. You need to keep your books and pencils neat in your locker so you can make quick stops inbetween classes so your not late. Be sure to not procrastinate and get all of your work handed in as soon as possible.

Ninth grade is a lot of fun. All the teachers are really cool. It's nice to attend pep rallies, talent shows, and other activities. Field day is a lot more fun when you enter high school also. Good luck next year and enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Dalton Sherman

Dear Freshy,

If you are reading this right now then you are obviously a ninth grader and have made it through eighth grade, congrats (: All your teachers always say the next year is going to be harder than the last and it usually isn’t that different but ninth grade is harder than eighth. If you don’t try your hardest and do all your work you’re going to notice how much harder it is.

In English this year you'll have to do blogs and they’re not the best things to do. If you don’t do all of these blogs you will fail English this year. MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR BLOGS.

This year you have a lot more freedom than you did last year and you get to do so much more and have more fun. You get to go to all the pep rallys this year and have a bigger and better field day.

Judging by my ninth grade experience and my friend’s experience I’m going to take a guess and say that your favorite teacher this year is going to be either Mr. Hein or Mr. Woolcock. Even though you take a lot of notes in those classes they always make class fun. I hope you have as much fun as I did this year!

loveee, Jennifer(:

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 48

Dear Future Freshmen,

Hey you with the American Eagle shirt and the backwards hat I heard from a little birdy that you are going to being a freshman this year. If that is the case there are some things that you are going to need to know.

The first thing you need to know is that Mr. Hein loves his food. Absolutely gobbles up almost anything you throw at him. Giving him some food from time to time will help keep his temperament down and allow you to talk a little bit more.

The second thing you will need to know is that every single one of your teachers have an upside to them that you can use to make your class time more enjoyable. An example is Mr. Hein and his jokes. In civics you will have fun with jokes whereas in science Mr. Woolcock will appreciate if you kept things scientific.

The final thing that you will need to know is that you should NEVER EVER wait until deadlines. This is just a bad habit that will never be good for you (it's also the reason I am writing this at 10 P.M.)

Remember that this was just a crash course and by no means should you only follow these three guidelines. Have a great year freshmen and have fun!

Sincerely,

Gianni Ferrari

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 01:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

Dear Freshy: Initial and Final.

helllo there kidd!

Welcome to your freshmen year. It's a fun one, and a hard one. I have to say that some classes like most remain fairly easy but others get harder and you have to push yoursel in order to succeed. I know that I struggled myself this year. Remember to always put school first, keep your priorities straight. Don't let sports bring your grades down because when grade check comes you'll be sitting on the bench and have a bad grade. Remember to do Miss Transue's blogs because they have a big effect on your grade, and don't slack off. Keep up on homework otherwise you are just making it harder on yourself. But don't let this blog worry you. If you do your homeowork and keep up with class assignments you should do fine! Don't be afraid to go get extra help because you can only benefit from it.

Also, don't let drama or any little things like that get to you. Drama is for people that have no life of there own to be happy about. If you get bullied or anything like that don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Being a freshmen it is going to be hard. Whenever something goes wrong the upper classmen tend to blame is on the freshmen. Don't let it bother you. Remember that you'll be picking on other freshmen someday. d: Most of the teachers this year are pretty cool, and understanding. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't let other drama queen, two-faced people run your Freshmen year. It's a fun one so don't waste it. Enjoy it!

Stay focused on your grades! Don't allow yourself to be pushed around. I also encourage you to take part in some kind of extracurricular activity. Enjoy your freshmen year while it lasts because you only want it to happen once!(;

Laterrrrr dawg!, Kyrston.

Dear Freshy

Welcome to ninth grade. Ninth grade is easy to pass, if you do your work. In each subjects there are certain things you need to do.

In health you need to do you projects. In civics you need to study for your tests. In English you need to do your blogs and do your homework. In math you need to do your homework. In science you need to take notes.

Ninth grade isn’t as bad as it seems; your going to have a lot of fun. I hope you have a great year. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Adam Curry

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 06:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 76

Dear Freshy,

The 9th grade is not all that hard or complicated you just really can’t let yourself get behind on any work. If you are someone who likes to skip school all the time you won’t pass 9th grade. The reason why you won’t pass the 9th grade is because when you miss days of school the teacher’s don’t just hand you the work you miss. The next day you have to know what work you missed and when you are going to get it done and handed in.

The teachers in 9th grade don’t really push you all that hard. They just want to see you get good grades and pass. Sometimes it may feel like your being rushed, but they are only trying to help you.  You also need to realize that you have to push yourself in order to make your school year easy.

In conclusion, it is not all that hard.  It may seem hard at first, but as long as your push yourself, your will pass.  Your school year will be easy if you don’t get behind.

Sincerely,

Richard

Article posted May 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

Dear Freshy,

When you are a Freshman everything changes. You have more previlages and better field trips. In 9th grade the homework and class work can be a little harder then you're used to but after you find out what you're doing it's pretty easy.

My favorite thing about being a freshman is that the field trips are bigger and a lot more fun. We have more privlages like field day. We also have more activits and choices to choose from. All you need to keep in mind is that life can be hard but it will get better and most important try to always have fun.

Sicerely, Contessa Thomas

Dear Freshy,

If your reading this your a freshmen! First off ninth grade is a lot different from junior high. You dont have a teacher there reminding you what needs to be done you have to remember. If you need help with something you have to go to that teacher and not expect them to know you need help. Do your homework don't get on anyone's bad side.

You will love pep rallys, just remember freshmen always lose! No matter what. Tenth grade and up will cheat. Always remember that. Go to homecoming it's so much fun if you don't you might regret it. Lastly, watch out for rumors, never believe one and dont spread one its high school someone will eventually found out who it was. Other than that ninth grade will go by fast. One more thing go on class trips they are always a blast!

Sincerely, Makenna.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 169

Dear Freshmen,

Your freshmen year will probably not be what you are expecting it to be. It is very different from 7th and 8th grade. It is more challenging, you have to keep up with you school work because now everything is going on you permit record. You also get a lot of homework, but if you keep up you will do fine.

This is also an exciting year! You get many new privileges, for example you get to go to homecoming, play varsity sports, and you get more freedom in field day. Even though you get to go to dances in the younger grades, homecoming is much different. You don’t have to casually dress, you get to dress up. Also playing on varsity sports is a huge opportunity, more people come to watch you play. Your freshmen year is a very exciting part of your high school career.

Have fun! Enjoy your freshmen year(:

Sincerely,

Alexis

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 179

Dear Freshy,

Now that you have passed eighth grade, know you move up the scale of education. New teachers, more freedom to do what your talent and skill can be used for; also a time where your grades start counting for college, where they look from ninth to twelfth.

It’s really not that hard. All you have to do it pay attention, try your hardest not to get into any trouble. Not all the teachers will help you, and also can’t always teach the right way, but majority of the teachers are really good educators. Be organized; keep on top of your school work. Pay attention matter what; take notes. Don’t slack off, or you'll pay when you see your grades.

There is really no ninth grade difference from eighth grade to ninth grade, same drama, and same people; just a different grade, one closer to the end.

Sincerely,

Brandon Rogers

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:13 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 173

Dear, soon to be freshmen

I don't give advice very often, but here goes nothing.

First off Stay organized. If you let your locker get messy or backpack you will lose papers and work and next thing you know your grades are slipping before your eyes. Also pay attention. No matter how much you hate that teacher just swallow your pride and pay attention and do your work and things will go a lot smoother.

Secondly, don't let the term freshmen make you think everything is that much different now though. It's the same old petty teenage gossip, and drama. Just maybe a little more than eighth. Luckily though if you hate ninth it goes by really fast, so don't sweat it.

Basically just do your best, ignore the drama, be you, and by god keep up on your blogs. They will eat you alive if you get behind.

Sincerely, Mike McVeen

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 158

Dear Freshmen,

I bet it sounds nice to finally be called a Freshmen! This year you are in for some new experiences. Now that your officially in high school you should be prepared for things that didnt happen in eight grade. For example if you are the type of person who waits till the last miniute to do your work or projects you should break that habit now. If you dont get your work in on time your grade will drop. Excepcially blogs, when Miss Transue assigns you a blog to do if you have free time just get it out of the way. You might not think that it will affect your grade much but it does.

Ninth grade isnt all bad even though there is a lot of work involved you still get to do some cool stuff. For example pep rallys, pep rallies are a lot of fun you get to see all your friends and watch people play games. Another thing is field day. The field day that youll be participating in this year is a lot different then last years. Its not as structuerd so you get to kinda do whatever you want. If your in student council youll probly be helping out a lot so if you sign up be prepared to work. Talent shows are a lot of fun as well. You get to see people from all the higer grades and their talents. All in all youll end up enjoying the year and all that being a freshmen brings. :)

Sincerely, Samantha

Dear Freshy,

Throughout your lives you have probably heard that being a Freshman is the worst thing in the whole entire world. However, there are specific rules that if you follow will help you enjoy your Freshman year a little bit more.

First, thing is turning your work in on time. Not turning your work in on time is where you lose most of your points. Even though you may not want to do the work you have to.

Second you have to stay organized. Yes it is very difficult but it will help you greatly. By staying organized you will always know what homework

you have as well as tests coming up so you can study.

These are some of the many tools you can use to help enjoy your freshman year.

Sincerely, Ben Townsend

Dear freshmen,

I'll bet you think it's weird to think of yourself as freshmen now huh? There are a few things that come along with being a freshmen though, some are good and some aren't. I figured you'd want a head's up so here it is.

The first good thing about being a freshmen is that you're one step closer to getting out of here. Once you hit 9th grade time's going to fly by and before you know it you'll be graduating. The second good thing about being a freshmen is that youre going to be able to go to a lot more events such as homecomming, pep rally's and senior high field day. The third good thing about being a freshmen is that you get a lot more freedom than you do in Jr high. The last good thing about being a freshemen is that you can go on a really cool field trip.

The first bad thing about being in 9th grade is that your grades go on your transcript, and for some of you that may be bad. Another bad thing is that when you don't do your homework just because you didn't want to you don't get a second chance to do it, and if you miss a day of school, the day after you miss school you need to have it the next day. The last bad thing about being in 9th grade is that you have a bunch of tests and sometimes they are on the same day.

There are many things about being in 9th grade that is different from being in Jr high. The good things are you're one step closer to graduating, you can participate in a lot more events, you have more freedom, and you go on a cool field trip. The bad things are your grades go on your record, you have more home work, and you have a lot of tests.

Good Luck!

Sincerly,

Makala Mack

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 05:16 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 74

Dear fresh freshman;

Congradulations, you're in ninth grade. High school is generally portrayed in two very different ways. The first makes high school seem like one of the worst experiences you have endured so far, and that you will be constantly counting down the days of the years you have left. The second makes high school seem like a wonderful and dandy place where all you will have the best days of your life. On average, it’s a bit of both, but mostly you’re just living through it. If you never do your school work and basically act like a jerk, you will not have a good time at all. If you do your work and are nice enough to most everyone, you will not have so bad a time.

Classes aren’t as bad as they sound. This advice applies to all of them; do the work, pay sufficient attention, and refrain from being annoying and irrelevant. If you’re respectable to the teachers, they’ll be nice to you. In Civics, and probably any class, don’t attempt to listen to your ipod or other music device while the teacher is talking. Not only is that extremely obnoxious, but you will be called out on it. One of the biggest fabrications they will ever tell you in high school is that you will have enough time to get to all your classes punctually. You don’t. This is a horrible lie. So you will be required to haul it down the hallway; especially for English and Health. Don’t be late for English.

The best thing about being a freshman is that you are no longer in junior high. Nothing else surpasses this fact. However, don’t get a swollen head about it. You’re still at the bottom of the totem poll, so to speak. Don’t be offended, everyone starts there. Seniority and respect can only be gained through experience and time. Be a commendable person.

Sincerely,

Kelly

Dear Freshy…

9th grade is your first big step into high school it’s your first year for lots of stuff like pep rallies and Sr. High Field Day. There are a few things that you need to get past though I will give you a guide line.

1. Don’t skip class

2. Do your work all of it!

3. People despise you because you’re a freshman

4. Participate in after school activities

5. DO ALL OF YOUR BLOGS!

6. Do all of your worksheets at the beginning of the marking period for English

These are some key things you need to get through 9th grade.Good Luck!

Sincerely, Brody

Dear Freshy,

Welcome to the worst place on earth, I mean ninth grade. I’m just kidding, it’s not that bad. Just do your homework and keep your mouth shut and you’ll do just fine. In ninth grade you have several classes just like eighth grade, some easy, so hard and everything in between.

Some of your classes include Civics, Physical and Chemical Science, English, Health, and of course math. In Civics you learn about how the government is run and other government stuff. In science, you learn about anything from chemical compounds to elements. English is the same old boring grammar and blogs which I am doing right now. Health is about a lot of different things but in the end it all comes down to Health and safety. Last but, not least, is Math which is pretty obvious.

Sincerely, Jeremy Crane

P.S Have fun

This Year's Freshman!

You are all Freshman this year which means you have passed 8th grade. Freshman year is a hard year. There is no point in lying. Some things are easier than others though depending on what you like or are interested in.

The most important thing is that you have to do your work. I slacked off a little from time to time and I still have good grades, but I could be doing better if I stayed doing all my homework. I am not telling you to do your homework once in a while because it might cost you some grade points and that could be the difference from passing and failing.

Those are some of the bad things along with a few others because if you don't stay on top of your work, you will get behind, there is no doubt. Freshman year is not like Jr. High; the teachers don't help you to get your work. You have to go to that teacher and ask them yourself.

There are some good things in your Freshman year, but in my opinion there is more bad things. I have already told you about the bad things, but some good things are is a bigger talent show. If you choose some minor classes instead of all major classes you will have a lot more fun. Plus, it is not as much work as a major class and it is also a lot more fun. Intro to Tech is a good example. Making things in woodshop, its a good skill to have and its not as serious as regular, boring, major classes.

Your first year in High School is tough, but if you do the things you like and have fun in school, then it shouldn't be much of a problem, but in order to do well you have to apply yourself and your skills to get through the year.

Sincerely, Tyler

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 59

Dear Freshy,

Hello fellow eighth graders! You are now in ninth grade and I thought it would be nice to give you some advice. First thing, meet your deadlines. If something is due and you choose not to do it points will be deducted. In Miss Transue’s class she gives you an initial due date and that means you have to turn in partial work for points. It’s worth it! Second, your class will have changed a lot over the summer. The people you thought you knew might not be the same. The drama is unbelievable. It will be really different and take some time to get you to but you will be fine. Third, you will have electives this year, which means you may not have any study halls. I was one of these people. I had a full schedule but not having study halls wasn’t a bad thing. My day actually went a little bit faster. Fourth, don’t be afraid to ask questions! In previous years you might have felt stupid or weird asking the teachers questions on your work but trust me, it’s a blessing to have them. Take advantage!

In conclusion, let your freshman year be a blast and don’t let memories slip away from you. Have fun!

Sincerely,

Emily Forba

Dear Fabulous Freshman,

The time has come for your Freshman year of High School to take off but, before you start your Freshman year I have some tips and advice for you. First is the teachers. We have Miss Transue, Mr. Hein, Mr. Woolcock, Mrs. Farr, and I had Mr. Bartkowski for Geometry. You should have no problem getting along with any of these fabulous teachers. All you really need to do is listen, take notes, and actually DO your work. 

Miss Transue’s blogging is actually very fun once you realize that you can do your freewrites on whatever you want. Once I realized that I could blog about Glee I was so ecstatic about blogging. Mr. Hein’s class is just so hilarious and fun to be in. His class had to have been my favorite. Mr. Woolcock is funny and really easy to get along with and his class is so interesting. Mrs. Farr is just the sweetest lady I have ever met. She is so kind and her class is a very vital part of life because if it wasn’t for her class I wouldn’t know anything about all of these health risks that I know now. Last but not least is Mr. Bartkowski. He is a strange man but he is very humorous and he helps you as long as you actually try and pay attention in class. 

That being said the only other vital advice I can think of for you future Freshman is to keep your locker organized and have a different notebook for each class so you don’t get mixed up like I did. I actually color coded my folders and notebooks. Each subject was a different color.

Sincerely, Brynn Denice DeLong

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

Dear Freshy,

A little advice for you about your Freshman year, is not to give any of the teachers attitude. You will pay for it trust me. Make sure you do your work, don’t wait till the end of the school year to finally decide to try because it won’t work. Just do your work when your supposed to and you won’t have to stress over it at the end of the year. Another piece of advice have fun, your Freshman year is the beginning of you high school years. Don’t make it so when you’re a senior that you regret your Freshman year. Have fun in your Freshman year so when you’re a senior you can be happy about your high school years.(:

Good luck to every 8th grader coming up into your Freshman year, it’s a great experience being a Freshman instead of just a 8th grader.

Sincerely,

Mykaela.

Dear freshy

The most important thing you will need to know when coming into 9th grade is to stay on top of things such as you have to blog once a month for English. If you stay on top of things such as homework and study for test you should turn out find. Science with Mr.Wolcock is fun you do a lot of experiments and other things that are fun. With Mr.Hein you learn a lot about how today’s world is going on and who is going to be elected and all your civil rights. With Mrs. Farr you will learn about the body and what not to do as in drugs and she shows how they affect the body. Also you would learn how you can stay away from alcohol, like if you are driving and you have a case of beer in the back before you take off think about what are you going to do with it. Also in English you will find out that you do lots of blogging and how it can be fun.

Now with the fun things you get to go on a class strip to Dorney Park. You can go to prep rails and they are the most fun you get to go and just have fun and see what people are in with sports.

Sincerely,

Ryan

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:35 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

Dear new Freshys!

Summer's gone and you’re 9th grade year is just beginning. Two words Good Luck! Freshmen year can be one of the most exciting years in High School you have so many new things to look forward to like Homecoming, Varsity sports, Pep rallies, and senior high field day. It could also be very stressful with different classes that you choose at the end of 8th grade.

In this crazy new experience, in order to be successful my number one advice is, do your homework! If you do your home work you shockingly are prepared for any tests or quizzes that you might have. The tests you have in 9th grade are more of a challenge than any test you took in 8th. The Second piece of advice I have is take good notes they help too!

In conclusion make this year fun and successful. It’s a lot more fun when you don’t have to worry about grades and tests so be prepared! Good luck this year new Freshys!

~Kenzie Jones

Dear. Fresh Freshman

Are you a little scared because you are a Freshman? Do you not know what to do? Do you want to know how to get through it? Then stop scrolling through all of these because I have the thing for you. I call it the “How to Survive Being A Freshman Handbook/Blog”

• Do your work. It makes everything a lot easier.

• Be prepared because sometimes you wont be able to go back to your locker.

• Don’t believe anything older kids say to you about the teachers. Ninth grade teachers are just like the teachers in any other grade (Except Miss Transue she is awesome;)”

• Be nice to the kids in your grade. Ninth grade is the year to prove yourself. If you feel like you don’t have many friends ninth grade is your chance to change that.

• Time passes faster than you think it does. DON’T PROCRASTINATE.

• I recommend having a binder to put all of your stuff in. You never know when you may need something and not be able to go out in the hall.

• Don’t take your study halls for granted you will really need them.

• Make friends with the teachers. The happier the teacher is the more enjoyable the class will be.

Well kiddies, I hope my survival handbook has helped you

Sincerely

The kid who will forever be your upperclassman

Justine

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 77

Dear Freshy

Dear next year’s Freshmen:

Next year you will have to do your work to become successful, like every grade but your Freshmen year really counts. You should take good notes it will make your life A LOT better and easier also. There is not too much home work but just do it and get it over with, then you won’t have to do summer school or even repeat the grade because it is bad enough the first time.  

Your 9th grade year will also fly by because you get a way better talent show, you have the opportunity to go to pep rallies and most of your classes are mostly fun, which makes it a lot easier to go back to that class. Even though you will have some classes that you absolutely despise of you still have to go to them.     

Sincerely,

Zach  

Dear Freshmen,

Ninth grade is terrible. You will not like it at all...

Ninth is really actually not that bad if you worked hard in junior high but if you just did enough to get by then you will have some problems getting work done. All of the ninth grade teacher's expect you to hand your work in on time in juior high. If you did it you got full credit that's not the case in ninth grade.

Some fun things you get to do as a Freshmen is you get to go to pep rallys. They kind of fun but not really but you get out of class for them. You get to go to the homecoming dance which is probaly the best thing you get to do as a freshmen. Homecoming is fun BECAUSE you get hang out with your friends .

YOLO

Curtis

Dear Freshy,

You will have so much fun in 9th grade this year! There are so many things to do especially in English. You will read about Romeo and Juliet, you get to go to the Library every Wednesday, and when you're reading Romeo and Juliet you get to go to the Auditorium and act every Friday…..It’s so much fun!

Miss Transue is like the best teacher. Just don’t make her angry. You will have so much fun this year in 9th grade.

Love,

Anthony

Rush Rush Rushh! When you 8th graders come up to the big ol 9th grade, you’re going to want to be very organized. It’s one of the most important things I would have to say. Something that you want to realize that the teachers in 9th grade are not going to treat you like little kids, they are going to treat you like young adults. One thing you want to consider is to do your blogs in Ms. Transues class. You will end up not doing them you will not pass a marking period or even the year they are very important to your grade

Although you have a lot of homework there is sometimes where you’ll love being a freshmen. One example is when you get to go to pep rallies, they are a good part of the year and you will have about two of them. In consideration enjoy your year as being freshmen

Sincerely Emily

Dear Freshy

Hey freshmen. (: I bet your existed to be in 9th grade finally. I have some advice for you, so you can make it through your freshman year.

1) DO NOT SLEEP IN CLASS. It gets you absolutely no where. Trust me.

2) Make sure you get along with everyone and have a lot of friends; it will make the year go by faster.

3) Don’t mess with Mr. Bart, you’re not going to win and you’ll just have him on your bad side forever!

4) Do all your blogs! And projects.

5) At least act like you care somewhat even if you could care less, you’ll get farther.

6) Take chances, be original. But don’t go overboard.

7) Make memories! You’re a somebody now, not just a 7th or 8th grader(;

8) Keep all drama to a minimum, for real, don’t be the drama queen everyone hates.

9) One of the best things you can do is get ahead in your work, if you do that you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

10) And one more thing, enjoy all the thing you get to do now and never got to before, like homecoming, prep rally’s, and a bigger and better field day. :D

I hope you make the best of you freshman year. Have fun, make mistakes. (: I know I did. And I don’t regret any of it. Have fun guys!

Love,

Jordan.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 140

Dear Freshy

Freshmen of 2012 if you are dreading ninth grade then I am here to tell you that you have nothing to fear because ninth grade is pretty easy. As long as you do some of the things I am going to tell you in this blog.

If you want to pass all of your classes here is what you have to do. In order to pass Miss Transue's class you have to get all of your blogs done on time. If you turn them in late you don’t get the full credit that you need and that will hurt you in the long run. The book packets that she assigns you have to be in on time because they are worth the most points.

If you want to pass Mrs. Farr's class all you have to do is pay attention in class and take the notes. She gives you everything you need to pass the tests and do the worksheets. If you want to pass Mr. Bart's class you have to study hard for all of his tests because his class is hard to pass.

In Mr. Hein's class you have to take the notes and pay attention but his class is one of the more fun and easier classes to pass. If you are trying to pass Mr. Woolcock's class, you need to take all of the notes and pay attention in class and do good on all of the tests. He doesn't have to many homework assignments so the only way to really get points is to do good on the tests.

If you do all of the things that I have said in this blog you should pass ninth grade and have a fun year doing so. All of the teachers are good and easy to get along with. G

ood luck to all of you new Freshmen and I hope you have a fun and good year and pass with these tips that I have given you.

Mark S.

Dear class of 2016,

I’m here to give you some advice for your upcoming year. The first thing to take note of is that there is a lot of homework. I know you’ve probably heard this all before, but for most classes, you probably won’t pass if you don’t do most of the homework.

Second, you won’t be picked on just for being a Freshman. I saw a bunch of letters from the freshman class before mine that said that was a common thing, but it’s just not true. The older grades are actually pretty nice for the most part (but I won’t deny that there aren’t some bad seeds… which may be more prevalent in my class than in others…). I think that’s it for now.

Hope you all have fun next year.

Sincerely,

Emily

Dear Freshy

Ashley Steele

If you're reading this then it means you made it to ninth grade. I'm very proud of you. I hope you all enjoy your year. I'm going to give you a few tips about what you should do to make sure you pass.

When trying to pass the ninth grade it's good to have you work done, make sure to study for tests because studying is very important. Always always pay attention. These are just a few tips I'm going to give you.

You should always have your work done. If you don't have your work done you get behind in class. When you get behind in class you start to get low grades. You never want low grades because then that makes you look bad and your parents are not happy. Plus you don't want to seem like a failure you want to show the teachers and your parents that you can do it. Please take my advice and make sure to have your homework done.

When it comes to studying you always should study for test. Not only does it help a lot because you get better grades but you learn more. Studying can be fun if you make it fun. This may sound shocking yes but studying can be fun if you make it fun. Plus it's very easy and it really does not take that much time out of your young life. Take these tips because believe me they will help a lot.

Why should you pay attention because if you don't pay attention you get lost. When you get lost then you don't know what is going on and that's never fun trust me. Plus paying attention is not bad it does not make you a nerd it just shows you actually care. It Is not bad to care about school you should always care. Its good if you care about school and work so always pay attention and you should be fine.

Freshmen I hope you enjoy this and I hope you enjoy your year. These tips will help you a lot so I hope you liked them. I hope you freshmen have a nice year and enjoy every second of it.

Sincerely, Ashley Steele

Dear New Ninth Grader,

Hey! Welcome to Ninth Grader! My name is Mari H here is some advice for you. For English, I would recommend that you do all of your work because if you don’t, you’ll fail. When you take notes take them because it will help you. When you go to the library to do your blogs you can get all of it done. You will finish if you sit there and don’t talk to anyone. Just sit there and do your work. It’s not hard to do the blogs, but one thing that you might not like is that you have to speak for one of your blogs. When you get to do the free write, write about whatever you want to. If you don’t get your blogs done in class if you have a study hall go to the library and do your blogs.

For health, I would recommend that you do your work like taking the notes and study for the test and quizzes. If you don’t you will fail all the test and quizzes. Mrs. Farr is a nice teacher until you get on her bad side. If one of your family members has been in her class she will recommend that your sister or brother help you with your homework when she gives it out.

For civics, I would recommend that you do your work like taking notes and study for his test because they are very hard. When he gives out homework do it because it’s not hard. He doesn’t give it out every night.

For science, I would recommend that you do your work in class like taking notes. You can use your notes on the test, but I would still study for the test. When he gives you a worksheet do it because it will help you a lot.

For math, it’s hard for me to recommend things for this class because kids have different teachers. If you are in learning support the math is not hard. I would still recommend that you do your work no matter what teacher you have.

This is what I would recommend the classes are not hard but do your work in all your classes.

Love

Mari H

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 06:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 139

Dear Freshman,

You’ve made it through to finally becoming part of the senior high, but don’t think everything gets easier from here. You still have four years to go. You no longer have to participate in junior high sports, academics and social events. Now you get to participate in senior high field day, talent show and varsity sports. There is two key things you need to do to be a successful student in the 9th grade. You must keep up on your English blogs, and also stay on track with your health projects.

In order maintain a good grade for English in the 9th grade which is one of the easiest classes to pass, you MUST keep up on your English blogs. Blogs are probably the easiest things to do, but also one of the easiest things to get behind on. These blogs might seem completely pointless at the time, but it’s actually free points if you do everything correctly and on time. Blogs are about 50% of your English grade for the year, so make sure you do them correctly and on time and you’ll be set.

Another thing that you can do to pass the 9th grade is keep up on your health projects. Health class is even easier than English. Most students say from previous years that Mrs. Farr is mean, but honestly she’s one of the nicest, most organized teachers I have ever had. All projects she has you do help you so make sure you do all of them. Most of the time you are allowed to use your projects on your tests, but when you can’t it will affect your grade tremendously if you haven’t done it.

Freshmen, have you learned anything from my advice? Make sure you take it into consideration because it will really help you in the long run! Have tons of fun in 9th grade!

Sincerely,

Linseyyyyy.(:

Dear Freshy,

My first advice would be to get along with a lot of people.

1.  Do your work

2.  Don’t ever sleep in class

3.     Never argue with the teachers

4.     Don’t act like your perfect it doesn’t get you anywhere

5.     Some teachers are fun to joke with and some are actually serious

6.     Be active outside of school

7.     DO YOUR BLOGS ALL THE TIME

9.     Your going to get made fun of for being a 9th grader

10. Don’t ever stress over work

11. Don’t be the lame 8th grader anymore make your self a better person. (:

I hope you have a wonderful year in 9th grade and hope you enjoy it. (:

Courtney Burdick

Timothy C

Dear: Fellow ninth grade students this year you will go through a series of obstacles and challenges in the ninth grade. The way to be successful in ninth grade is don’t mess around, do your work, and try not to miss any school days making the work up is harder. The teachers you will like more than you did in your eighth grade teachers. Here are some of the teachers that I like the most and how cool they are.

Miss. Transue- She is cool but not that cool.

Mr. Hein- He is the coolest teacher in the ninth grade teacher.

Mr. Woolcock- Is the best science teacher in the school.

Mrs. Farr- Is cool and the subject that best suits here is Health.

In Conclusion to the following ninth grade students thanks for giving me this opportunity to write to you guy’s.

Sincerely, Timothy C

Dear Freshmen,

Hi my name is Bobbi & I'm a ninth grader. The ninth grade year has to be one of the easiest year you'll ever have, but its one of the easist years to fail also. My advice for you is to DO YOUR WORK. You don't have a lot of homework but when you do its a good idea to do it. If you dont your grade will drop dramatically.

Also you need to listen to tachers & take your notes. The teachers may seem like they ramble on and on, but they say pretty inportant stuff that will most likely be on the test and/ or quizes. Mr. Wookcock lets you use your notbook for test, & you need all the notes you can get for the final. The teachers may seem like they ramble on and on, but they say pretty inportant stuff that will most likey be on the test and/ or quizzes. If you follow my advice the ninth grade year will be very easy. Have a great year, & the best of luck to ya!!!

Sincerely,Bobbi Kelder

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 05:10 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 81

Dear Freshy,

There's not too much to really tell you that you don't already know. One of the main things that is absolutely necessary is to keep your grades up. Never let any of your grades drop too far because it can be very difficult to get them back up. Another big one is to always do your blogs and do them on time. I know they won't seem like much at first but they can actually bring your grade down a lot. I guess what I'm really trying to get at is stay on top of things, and do NOT procrastinate.

Now that I'm done ranting about grades I'll get onto other things. I know that people say ninth grade isn't that bad but to be honest, they're lying. Ninth grade is definitely not a good year. First off, all of the older kids hate your guts no matter who you are. Second, teachers aren't always reminding you to do things that you didn't hand in. If you didn't hand something in on time then I guess that's just too bad. This is the grade where you finally have to take charge and get your act together. I do apologize that this probably isn't what you wanted to hear but oh well.

Sincerely, Shania

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 203

Dear Freshy,

Hello there if you don’t already know who I am it’s me Jenny, the soon to be Sophomore! Anyways this year is going to be your Freshmen year which I am completing right now. Freshmen year like every other year you’ve been through in school is a new experience with new teachers, new classes, more work, but it’s also a great time to shine!

Some advice that I would give to you for your Freshmen year is to have fun with it. It’s a great year to get involved. Student council, varsity sports, key club, national junior honor society are some of the few activities you can be involved in but getting into new things will be good for your Freshmen year. Also there are new things you go to like the famous Freshmen year homecoming, spirit week, pep rallies, and other activities! So get involved and have fun with your Freshmen year!

Another piece of advice I give about your Freshmen year is do your work and try your best to care about your grade. If you are happy with your grades then your self confidence will boost and you’ll feel good about yourself. The teachers this year are very helpful and care a lot about your grades and are very persistent about getting your work done because they know it will be for the better. Don’t get down if your grades aren’t what you expect because the teachers will help you get your grade to what you want it to be. Always remember to try your best!

In conclusion do your best in whatever it is this year! Have fun with your friends but keep a steady focus on your grades. You have no need to stress about it so just relax and have a fantastic Freshmen year!

Good Luck,

Jenny :)

Dear Freshy,

Ha so I’m guessing you think that 9th grade is going to be the best grade ever huh? You’re finally not “the little kids”. Think again it is pure torture, ha just kidding it’s actually not too bad of a grade. It’ll be a great year, on one condition, you do your work!

The teachers are okay, as long as you do things their way of course. Algebra/geometry, don’t get any easier, along with the other classes work. If you’re a procrastinator you might want to get help with that problem because it won’t be too good to have in 9th grade.

This year of high school will most definitely bring some amazing and funny memories. You finally get to have prep rallies and all that cool stuff. As of 9th grade you actually officially the year you really get to consider your future and what you want to do. Everything counts. Do your best and I wish you good luck with this grade; I know I needed it.  

Sincerely, Briana

Dear Freshman,

Oh my! Freshman year is hard but fun! Some tips to make you be succesful in your freshman. You see ths blog you're reading you have to do these to pass English,  pay attention to your teachers for upcoming assignments, and be organized because you never know you can loose something important to you.

The key for paying attention to your elders is you must get rest because sometimes they get kind of boring and you can easily doze off. You must be alert of any upcoming test or pop quizzes.

The key of being organized when you get a locker you want to have your stuff all in the right place just in case you are late for class. If you're not organized that can cost you your grade and not coming prepared for class. Not being organized can cost you having a referal. If you're late to class you get only one warning and three after that you get after school detention.

To conclude, the tips for being succesful in your freshman year is doing blogs for English class, paying attention to your teachers, and being organized. Hope you have a wonderful year I know I did!

Sincerely,

Hailey Bomboy

Dear Freshy

You're young starting out into the big world now you may be intimitaded but dont worry. There's nothing to be worried about. This grade is easy but hard. It is also fun. You got great teachers and there always willing to help so you won't have to worry about them.

You may think this girl is crazy for thinking it's going to be easy but trust me it is as long as you put forth effort and listing and dont talk to much. Ninth grade isn't as hard as you think it gets harder but so does every other grade.Keep your headup and try you will do great. Hope you have a good year!!

Sincerely Breanna

Dear Freshy Letter

Dear Freshman,

First I would like to say do not let freshman year intimidate you. I am sure you have heard people say that this was their worst year of high school, but it is only your worst year if you let it be. Let the drama roll around you, and be sure not to create any of your own. If your friends stop talking to you do not go around spreading awful rumors about them. You will regret it! Also if your “friend” goes around and starts spreading rumors about you do not feel bad when you decide they are not worth keeping around. Drama is not worth your time.

I would also like to say do not get behind in your school work. When you get your first few assignments it may seem overwhelming, but just get them done to the best of your ability. If you fall behind catch up quickly because the assignments will just keep coming. Another thing, make sure that you complete your assignments well. Do not just do them to get them done. In the long run it will pay off. Grades are important. Not only to pass the year, but to help you in the future. Getting into college will be easier, and even if you do not go to college you need a high school diploma for every other job out there.  

If you are an athlete school needs to come first. Regardless of how much you love, and are dedicated to your sport. Your sport will not mean anything if you cannot play it. Also if you play sports you may get out of classes occasionally for games and/or meets. Make sure to get the work you are going to miss before you head out. You must stay up to speed with the rest of your peers. Plus if you know you are going to be missing classes ask one of your friends that are not in a sport, to let you know about the work. This is your year to find out who you are and where you stand in this school! Make this the BEST year of your high school career. Stay away from all the drama; get your school work done on time and to the best of your ability, and good luck with your future!!

Sincerely,

Megyn

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 92

Julia D.

Dear Freshy

Welcome to ninth grade! I hope you all enjoy your year. If you want to make sure you pass and do good just take a few tips I’m going to give you. You need to study, follow instructions, and get your work done on time.

It's always best to study it will help you a lot and make you go far and get good grades. Getting good grades is always a plus it not only makes your parents happy but it will make you happy it will show that you can do it. I know when I study and do good on a test I always get good grades and it makes me feel good and my teachers are proud of me it’s a nice feeling. I hope you take this advice I give you because studying is always a plus it can never go wrong getting good grades is good.

Follow instructions why should you follow them because if you don’t you will upset your teacher and trust me you never want to do that. Another reason why is because then you will know what is going on and you wont be lost. I’m sure you have probably had that happen to you and you didn’t really enjoy it and like all kids well young adult I know the feeling because it happens to the best of us. But if you follow instructions you won’t have to worry about it happing again.

Getting your work done on time is a big must. Its always good to have your work done on time so then you get full credit.Trust me full credit is always better then only getting a few points. If you get your work done on time or even early you wont have to worry about missing it or losing it and rushing to get it done. Plus it takes a lot of weight of your shoulders and makes your life a little bit more easy which is nice.

I hope you enjoy ninth grade and if you follow these tips you will pass. Passing is very important just follow these tips. Study a lot always follow instructions and make sure to get your work done on time. I hope you all enjoy the ninth grade.

Sincerely, Julia Doyle

lISTEN UP NEWBIES!

OK most of you have heard either freshman year is easy. Or most of you have heard it's hard. WEll whether you are a smart kid or it takes you a while to process up there. You NEED..MUST.. try as hard as you can to get through this. Trust me it's my second year in Miss Transue's class and even the second time I'm having a little trouble. I can't really help you with civics, health, science or math. I do know for Miss. Transue's class you absolutley need to do all work and you will be fine.

Some things that may help you get threw this year are.

1. Listen to what your being told.

2. Ask plenty of questions. No matter how dumb you feel.

3. Make sure to participate in CLASS conversations.

5. STAY AWAY FROM ALL DRAMA!!!

Good luck to you guys!!!(:

Abbey

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

Dear Freshmen,

I bet that sounds good. Freshman. You're finally officially in high school. Are you stoked for the pep rallies, and homecoming, better field days and talent shows? You certainly should be. Events like these are much better in high school! Anyway, I'm not writing to you to tell you all the fun you'll have, because I'm sure you know, high school will come with fun things and very not fun things.

Be successful. That's all I can say. This is where it REALLY starts to count. I mean, it counted all before, but this is where it really matters. Colleges look at grades starting in 9th grade. Start getting serious.

Befriend your teachers. Everything is better when you get along with them. Participate in Mr. Woolcock's labs. Have fun, but don't be dumb. He's a nice guy, but don't push him. Mrs. Farr is a very serious and hard working woman, but she is NOT mean in any sense of the word. She is one of the nicest people I know, so don't go into her classrom with any falsehoods in your head that she is anything but that. Her class is not hard to excel in. Just do your work. Don't eat Mr. Hein's food. Don't question or abuse his doll, his dead guy's head, rasta banana, or any of his other toys. DO ALL BLOGS for Miss Transue. When she asks a question open for the whole class to answer, and nobody answers, answer it. If you've already answered several, get the person next to you to answer it. If not, you'll most likely end up with an extra quiz or homework or something. You may or may not have the following teachers, but I will throw in a word of advice for them too, because I had them. Mrs. Host is one of the kindest, sweetest women ever. Do NOT take advantage of her. It took awhile for me to get used to Mr. Delano's methods of teaching. They differ from Mr. Rez's. You'll get used to it. He will make fun of you at some point in the year, I assure you this. He is joking and means well. Don't call him by his first name or any nick name other than Del. He doesn't take well to that kind of thing. If you're in band, you'll have Coop. Mr. Cooper is a very fun guy. He may seem a little strict, but he isn't. Just don't be dumb. Make sure you at least know how to play a scale. Put forth effort and GO TO SECTIONALS. Apply this to all of your teachers: if you don't like them, don't associate with them any more than necessary, and certainly do not aggravate them.

Start getting serious, pay mind to your grades, and get to know your teachers. I also suggest you get involved with a sport, club or activity of some sort. They just make it a little more fun. Participate in spirit week and stuff. High school comes with a lot of junk that REALLY sucks, so I suggest you have a good time with the "fun" parts of it. Have a great year, and I wish the best to you,

Freshy!

P.S. Freshman are HIGHLY discriminated against by all upper classmen. Just get used to it. It isn't changing. In a year, you'll be doing the same thing to the Class of 2017!

Have a good year, make it worth it!

-Haley

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 01:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 84

Dear Freshy

Dear Freshy,

You’re official apart of the high school now. 9th grade is not what you expect it to be. 7th grade, and 8th grade piece of cake, but now that you’re in 9th everything changes.

First off your school work is easy at the beginning of the year, but then it gets harder, and harder. You have to actually put forth the effort if you want to do well. They won’t give you the answers they make you think about it. You will think they are “mean” but in all honesty they’re just doing their job. It’s okay to joke around and laugh sometimes, but not all the time. Teachers will let you fool around, and listen to music, but if you expect to get a good grade I suggest that you don’t. 9th grade is a lot of fun, and it flies by so fast.

Here’s my advice to you, try hard and do the best that you can. If you try then you’ll have no problem. I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Jessica

Dear New Freshmen,

Hi my Name is Jay, and I’m going to give you some advice on helping yourself and somewhat the teachers to have a good, well okay year.

First off don't make the teachers mad at you its very hard to get them to like you again. XD

Next (something I didn't do), do most of your work don't pull a jay. Don’t work all 1st and 2nd quarter it won’t get you anywhere I promise you.

The last thing is just have fun with school the best thing I think about school. Is that you get to see the friends you can’t see outside of school so if you don't like school just do it for that reason. XD

Most important thing though guys just keep your grades up. So you don't have to stay in the same grade over and over that get kind of gets boring just saying.

Your friend,

Jay

Dear freshmen,

I have some advice for you all. If you follow what I say, I can guarantee that you’ll pass. First off, do all the work. Don’t just not do it, or “forget” to do it. Especially in English, blogs hurt your grade, more than you’ll realize; so just do them. They’re not even that hard. This isn’t eighth grade anymore kiddos’. The teachers aren’t going to be spoon feeding you. You pass or fail on your own merits, and you can’t blame anyone but yourself if you have to take summer school, or stay in ninth grade.

Second off, this might not affect your grades as much, but it’s still important. Try to make it to all your classes. Being late once or twice is understandable, but when it comes to your being late once or twice every day. That’s just unacceptable and annoying to your teachers. I was late just about every day to Algebra, and right now I’m failing that class, and getting Asd every Tuesday or Thursday is pretty annoying, especially when you already have something planned.

My third and final piece of advice is, try not to miss so much school. If you miss school, you miss that lesson is class that day. Then you won’t understand what you’re doing, especially in Algebra or Pre- Algebra. I missed a bunch of days, and I was failing most of the year; so just do your work, be on time, and don’t miss school. It’s not that hard, trust me. You don’t want to fail and watch all of your friends go on to tenth grade while you’re stuck with the next year's freshmen.

Sincerely,

Shane Kelder

Dear Freshy,

How was eighth grade? Did you like it? Are you ready for a new grade? Don't Worry, ninth grade is easy. You have to remember to get your homework in on time, and get your projects done fast. Sometimes you get extra credit if you're early on certain things, so don't hold things off.

Next, don't forget to study for tests. The tests get extremely hard. Depending on what math your taking, it's a lot different from last year. If you are taking geometry, remember to go to peer tutoring if you need help. A lot of the things you do in math gets confusing, so stay alert.

Finally, as you progress throughout the year, there are a lot of things due at once. At one point in the year you will have three projects due at once! Also, Homeworks aren't usual, but when they are, you need to hand them in for the credit.

That is what you should try to do to help you in ninth grade.

Have a good one,

Chris Warfle

To:               My Dear Freshy:

From:                   Leah Joy

Congratulations for passing eighth grade! Was it fun? Well, Welcome to ninth grade! The most exiting grade on Earth!(not) Your going to need some major skills to make it through this grade. I’ll give you some tips.

One thing is your locker. Your not going to get the most ninth grade with who-knows-what stuffed in the bottom of your locker. My locker was a mess all year and now I regret not cleaning it because I could've been more organized and gotten better grades.

Another thing is, you have to deal with the teachers. Some teachers don't teach effectively, some are grouchy, some have bad spots: but everyone knows that. You don't have to go around hating on all them. It will only make your year miserable and make them hate you even more.

If you are in band and chorus, like me, it's hard. Expecially when you have to miss classes like geometry and stuff. I don't have much advise on this, because I haven't quite mastered it yet. All I can say is good luck.

Take the classes you are good at and want to pursure. If you take classes you like and want to learn, you'll find yourself acually learning. If not, then it might be kind of  hard.

Stay away from the drama. Drama is bad. It makes you sad.

Most people write about how you have to do your homework to pass. I disagree. If you have Mr. Delano for geometry, it's not required to do your homework. I never did homework in that class and passes fine! Blogging in a pain in the butt, but if you don' t do it, you won't have such a good grade.

Don't be surprised when people leave. It's just the way it goes. You really find out who the real friend are in your life. You know who they are because they stick by  you, when the not-so-pure friend leave when one little thing happens.

Now you know how to get through ninth grade. Oh, one more thing. HAVE FUN!!!:D

From , Leah Joy

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 102

Dear Freshy,

I bet you think that ninth grade will be a blast don’t you? Well actually its torture!! You will not survive!! Just kidding, it’s not that bad as long as you are able to keep up with the work that is assigned to you. Most of the assignments are a little challenging but there is a good majority of them that are fairly easy.

The teachers are nice; a good majority of them do give homework. The work is really easy if you understand it. If you do get stuck on something don’t be afraid to ask for help from the teacher.

The assignments that are given to you are not impossible but they will challenge your smarts sometimes. Other assignments are so easy that you will be able to complete them within maybe ten minutes after it was assigned. Make sure to hit the deadlines of the assignments as best you can, whether it’s exactly on time or if it’s at least one day late, you will still be able to get credit for it in most classes.

The last thing that would really be a good thing to remember would be to stay on time.. If you are unable to get to your class on time then make sure that you are able to get a late pass so that you will not get into trouble for being late to your class. That’s about it; hope you all have a great time in ninth grade.

Sincerely,

Colin LaRue

To the new beginners of the High school world,

This year is the year that you get to start preparing for your future. A couple of the classes that you will be taking are CP Science, CP Civics, health and English. The science teacher is Mr.Woolcock. He is one of those teachers where as long as you do his work and give him some respect than he really doesn’t care what you do. Mr. Hein is going to be your civics teacher. Mr. Hein I think is like the best teacher because he really doesn’t care about what you do or anything but you have to take his notes and do all of his work sheets to pass. To me, and I don’t know about anyone else but, Mr. Hein seems to always have the munchies. The health teacher is Mrs. Farr. All I can say for that class is that you better pay attention and do as she tells you because she is one of those teachers you don’t want to tick off. Well if you are reading this than you already know Miss. Transue. Transue is very outgoing; there is one thing that you need to know about this class. If you fall behind, than you are going to have a hard time recovering from it.

Good luck in ninth grade and with all of the other things with this year. I recommend doing all of your work and handing it in on time and trying to get the best grades possible.

GOOD LUCK FRESHY!!!!!!!!!

Your former freshman

Katie Burke

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 03:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

Dear Freshmen,

This year is going to be tough but if you do your work you will be fine. The teachers are really easy to get along with. As long as you do your work they will be your best friends. They always try to be funny especially Miss. Transue. Sometimes there jokes are funny but most of the times there lame Cough, Cough, Transue Cough.

Freshmen year is actually really fun if you make it fun. The events that the freshmen classes do are fun. For example Pep rally, school dances, etc… For my freshmen year my favorite class was either English or science. Only because you do awesome stuff in those classes. That is just my opinion though. Good luck next year, you’re going to need it.

Sincerely,

Kyler DeGrote

Dear Freshman,

Can you beleive it it's already your freshman year? It's both hard and exitcing at the same time, you need to keep on top of your grades, keep your self organized. As a Freshman you have a lot of things to look forward to like Homecoming, a great field day, pep rallys and other cool stuff. There is some downfalls of being a freshman like being called last for assemblies, and your back in the bottom of the pyramid for this year.

In order for you to be sucessful this year you need to keep your grades up. Do your blogs! In english its a key thing, you may not like it but you need to do them, it could be the breaking point between passing and failing.

To be sucessful this year you will also need to be organized. Like keeping your locker clean, keeping all your papers for one class in one place. If you don't stay organized then you will be in big trouble.

Well I hope you have a great freshman year. Good luck!

Sincerely

Celia!

Dear Freshmen,

Your freshmen year is going to be a year you will never forget. Also it your freshman year will be easy if you pay attention and mined your teachers and you will be able to understand your work with ease. I would recommend that you do your best and ask for help it you don't understand your work instead of giving up.

There are other fantastic things about your freshmen year you will have awsome teachers, and classes oh and we can't for get the talent show where you get to show your special talents.

That's all I got for you remember pay attention and do your work.

Sincerely,

Austin.

Dear Freshy

When you get into 9th grade you are a freshman. This is your first year of high school. Next year you will be overwhelmed with blogs. They are such an inconvenience but you have to do them. If you don’t do your blogs or turn them in on time then your grade will drop bad. Even though you’re officially a high schooler when you are a freshman this year will be just a transitioning year. Being a freshman it is your first year for many school activities. For an example you get to go to your first pep rallys, first high school field day, first senior high talent show, and the first year you get to pick your electives and classes.

Pep rallys are fun. When you’re a freshman Miss Transue gives you Walmart stickers if you participate in spirit week before the pep rally. Don’t ask her where she got her huge roll of Walmart stickers because she has yet to tell us where she got them. When you get to your first pep rally Miss Transue is going to tell you to root for the freshman but the seniors automatically win no matter what.

Another fun senior high activity that is fun is field day. Field day for senior high is way different than junior high field day. We get a bouncy house and you get many fun yet messy games to play. Junior high you only had a couple of games to choose from but you get a lot more game choices for this field day. You don’t have to do any of the games if you don’t want to you can just watch that is just as fun.

When you get to watch the senior high talent show you will see that there are many great acts and that it is way different from the talent show you use to watch in junior high.

If you are going to complain about your classes next year just remember that you chose them.

Just remember that 9th grade is a transitioning year for high school. The most important thing to remember about being a freshman is that it’s your only year of being a high school freshman (unless you fail) so enjoy it!   

Sincerely,

Rebecca

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 06:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 58

Dear Freshman Newbies,

Hey there. It's Haley. You guys might be wondering what's to come of this year. I'm pleased to tell you that there isn't that much more homework than there was last year, and the teachers, are awesome. Sometimes you'll get angry with a certain Algebra/Pre-Algebra/Geometry teacher but don't worry, he likes it when you talk back. He says it's a sign that shows you are strong and not afraid to stand up for yourself(: He's a weird one(:

Mr. Woolcock, he is probably one of the most craziest, funniest, most original person you will ever meet.!:D

Ms. Transue is a feisty one! She may seem nice, but if you get her mad, then you better start contemplating on some good comebacks :P or else you'll get burnt big time(:

Mr. Hein, ..................... There are no words to describe this man.................. except the BEST FREAKING TEACHER IN THE WHOLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!:D He is the funniest guy you will EVER meet.!!

That's pretty much what you need to expect, but with Mr. Hein, you'll never know. EWWW just watch out for the doll they call "Matilda" it's the ugliest thing you will ever see in your whole life. Be careful. One time, sometime in October, he put it in my locker, so when I came into school and opened my locker... You probably would've thought someone was stabbing me because of the scream(:  Hahaha! Have Fun.! Love Always, Now sophomore, Haley Lynn Teed <3

dear kids,

The advice that I am giving to you is meant to be installed into your brains FOREVER!

• BE A GREAT PERSON IN GENERAL

• WORK HARD

• DON’T PROCRASTINATE

• PLAN AHEAD OF THE TIME

• DON’T GET INTO TROUBLE

• BE RESPECTFUL

Hey guys as you already may know I'm not from out here. I moved here from Texas and I have to say the transition was HORRIBLE. I felt so alone that is until I met my three best friends in the world Kyler, Natalie, and Briana, they made my days here at Elk Lake a lot better.

I highly advise you to stay true to yourself just do what you have to do and get it over with. Don’t worry about who’s dating who, or who got into a fight... Nobody cares. Come on now all that stuff doesn’t matter. What matters is you and your education. Take this from me it's worth it. You’ll love yourself after all of the head aches and tons of work just be patient and willing to do what you have to do NEVER PROCRASTINATE.

I hope you guys liked my advice. Thanks for reading.

LOVE, Karly Booker <3

Dear Freshy,

The time is finally here, you are officialy in Senior High. The first step is getting through your freshman year. There's no more PSSA'S though so that should make you happy, but there is alot of other advice I should give you.

My first piece of advice for you is that you shouldn't procrastignate on your homework. That is what I always did and it puts so much stress on you the day that you have to get it done.

Some things that you should look forward to are that you get to go to homecoming, you get to go to prep rally's, you get to have a big and better field day, and that you get to have more options. You shouldn't take advantage of those things though because they can be taken away in a snap.

Being a freshman is exciting, but has it's downfalls. You are considered the underdogs of Senior High. That stinks really bad because when people need help they don't usually come to you since you're "younger." Also since you're going into Senior High you should start trying to mature a little more. The teachers expect you to behave more than you did in Junior High.

There is all of the advice I have for you, and it is all you should need. Your Freshman year is not that hard and you should be able to get through it easily. Now it's time to put on a smile and make it through your first year of Senior High!

Sincerely, Lauren V :D

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 147

Dear Freshies...

My first bit of advice would be that you need to get along with everyone.

2-Do your work.

3-Don't sleep in class.

4-Don't stress over work.

5-Your'e going to get made fun of for being a 9th grader.

6-NEVER argue with teachers. You won't win!

7-Be active outside of school.

8-Don't be a drama queen. It makes you look terrible.

9-DO YOUR BLOGS!

10-You need to figure out which teachers are the ones that you can joke around with, and that are actually serious.

11-If your in the S.C.C.T.C, you'll have like four classes. That means what little work your to do in the class, actually matters.

12-Don't be that lame 8th grader anymore, make yourself stand out and be good at what you do:)

Sincerely-Bonnie

Dear Freshman,

To start off, I just want to say welcome to 9th grade. There are many fun events that you can do, and enjoy. Pep rallies and dances are just a few of these fun things.

My first bit of advice for you is to do your work on time. Also you should respect the teachers because when you do they are really fun and classes become easier.

My final piece of advice to you is to enjoy your freshman year, and make the most of it because it goes by fast.

Love,

Chris C

Yo, Fresh-Meat!,

If you’re reading this, you’ve probably heard or thought ‘and so starts ‘the best four years’ of my life’. I am here, forcefully being told to give you advice, and my first piece of advice: expel that very thought from your mind right this moment (wait for college man). That is not me being cynical, or giving you a bad image of the start of your high school career, I’m just a firm believer in not overestimating things or else reality will be dull in comparison you your expectations.  I am going to be straight forward and blunt so pay attention!  I don’t want you to be reading this twice, even for those who need to.

To start off I will give you the generic advice that you have heard time and time again, but I cannot stress enough how important it is you follow it. You MUST stay ahead of your work. Even if it is just an assignment that isn’t do that day, if you leave the paper of the assignment to rot in your backpack forgotten until the day before it’s due, nine out of ten times that night you’re going to be swamped with work because trust me, it accumulates fast.

So I suppose now

So, I suppose now I shall give you personal advice for each teacher.

Mr. Hein- Okay, despite what you MAY hear, don’t try bribing the man with food. The best way to get on his good side, shockingly, is to do well on tests and to PAY ATTENTION in his class. Also, try not to say you respect Hitler, women deserve to be abused, or the Australia is a part of the United States…it was painful this year.

Miss Transue- Get ahead of your blogs, or stay ahead of them. I’m currently writing this the day before its due, and I’m kind of regretting it.

Mr. Woolcock- This class has potential to be a lot of fun, just…pay attention guys, when you do great things happen. Also, you may get on the good side of an amazing student teacher.

Mrs. Farr- Mrs. Farr’s class is amazing, and she’s so straightforward. DO NOT be immature I beg of you in her class, she can handle a rowdy class, but just be nice for her, she’s a great lady.

Mrs. Host- SWEETEST lady ever. Seriously, my advice to you is to be nice to her or else I’ll come after you.

Mr. Delano- If you have him, may God help you.

So, here is my advice. Hope you survive freshmen year doing more than just that, surviving.

Lots-o-Love,

Keeley

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:07 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 214

Dear Freshmen,

First year in High School. Is this year going to be hard? Is it going to be scary. They may be a few things you think about the ninth grade This year was pretty exciting.

First off this year is the first time you can go to Homecoming. I would recommend going because if you don't you may regret it. It is also the first year you get to go to pep rallies. Just remember the seniors always win.

Finally the teachers there are some teachers that are cool and some that aren't but I can't tell you the ones who aren't. Some of the cool teachers are Mr. Woolcock, Mr. Hein, Miss Transue and Mrs. Farr. These are the teacher. You don't want to get on their bad side.

In conclusion watch out do all your work and have fun. Also, good luck next year it is not as scary as you think.

Sincerely Blaise Cleveland

Dear freshfish,

YOU DO NOT want to come into the 9th grade, why? Because being a freshman is like starting all over again! Everyone is older than you, and it feels like you’re in a more difficult kindergarten.

Being a freshman is being able to have more responsibilities and not being able to turn in late homework. Teachers are stricter on what to do, and your behavior. If you just do your homework and study for tests, you don’t have to stress yourself out over tests if you study on time, and you don’t procrastinate. The study guides they give you are just like the test.

Sincerely,

Eddie