Copyright (c) 2014 by Bobbie K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bobbie K -- Blogmeister

-

by Bobbie K teacher: Melanie Transue

March: SOCIETY

They ask you to be yourself; but then they judge you.

Point blank. That is exactly what society has become. Do you want to know why our generation is depressed? Because we've been told by society that we're not good enough. We've been told how to dress, act & what is considered attractive & if we don't do what society thinks is considered "cool" then we get judged to the point where we start to feel not good enough, and that what cause most of the depression in teenagers.

“It’s hard to find yourself in a world so centered around perfection, when in reality imperfection is what defines us. In our time if you're not drops dead gorgeous then you don’t matter as much.”

It is estimated that there are eight million people suffer from an eating disorder, that’s two in every hundred. Society has made us think that if we aren’t a size zero that we won’t matter. 95% of all eating disorder are teenagers between the ages of 12-25. At least 80% of all 13 years olds have tried to lose weight. (SCDMH). We’ve been telling people that in order to be beautiful you have to be skinny, and that’s wrong. Everybody is beautiful, no matter how much you weigh or how you look. Beauty is what matters inside, but not everybody knows that. Ever since we were born we’ve been judge by everybody.

What have we become? We are society; we're the monster that has told people for years what to do in order to "fit in". We have cause the percentage of eating disorders to go up. We’re making the world we live in a terrible place to live. Why is it so bad to be different? Why can’t we just be our self? In order for society to change, we must change.

"Eating Disorder Statistics." 2003 Retraining Grant Program. Web. 30 May 2012. <[LINK]>.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 05:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 50

May Free write

Where has this year gone? Doesn’t seem like this year has gone way too fast? Like it flashed before your eyes? Because it has for me. One second you’re walking in the school on the first day, & then you’re walking out because it’s over. Anyways this year has been crazy good. It would have to be one of my favorites. I think the best part of being a Freshman is the freedom. We’re finally being treated like an adult! It’s about time & the classes are very easy to pass. This makes this year even better.

Also, I can’t wait for summer. It’s the best time of the year. I love the warm sun, the fresh air, the cool breeze. I love everything! My very favorite thing about this summer it I can go to the beach! Now that my older sister Cheyann has her driver’s license she can take me to the beach. The beach would be my favorite place to go. I love the sand, the sun, the ocean breeze in my hair. Just being there gives you the best feeling in the world. I can't wait for summer to get here!

Dear Freshmen,

Hi my name is Bobbi & I'm a ninth grader. The ninth grade year has to be one of the easiest year you'll ever have, but its one of the easist years to fail also. My advice for you is to DO YOUR WORK. You don't have a lot of homework but when you do its a good idea to do it. If you dont your grade will drop dramatically.

Also you need to listen to tachers & take your notes. The teachers may seem like they ramble on and on, but they say pretty inportant stuff that will most likely be on the test and/ or quizes. Mr. Wookcock lets you use your notbook for test, & you need all the notes you can get for the final. The teachers may seem like they ramble on and on, but they say pretty inportant stuff that will most likey be on the test and/ or quizzes. If you follow my advice the ninth grade year will be very easy. Have a great year, & the best of luck to ya!!!

Sincerely,Bobbi Kelder

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 06:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

There is no end, no limit, measure, bound, In that word's death; no words can that woe sound."(William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, 3;2) In the drama Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare, both Romeo and Juliet are deeply in love with each other. With some minor miscommunications they both end up dead. In the song "A Change of Pace" by Prepare the Masses explains as accurate allusion about the love story between Romeo & Juliet.

Throughout the song the love between Romeo & Juliet is portrayed. In the line "Let's not forget about this tale of love replay the story as it's told to us, life is precious but worth giving away for ideals of beauty and better days" Romeo & Juliet both thought that giving up their life to have better days with each other was better than a precious life without one another. They're so deeply in love with one another that they'll kill them self if they can't be together. This song depicts Romeo & Juliet’s love.

Also accurate allusion of the song in portrayed. In the line “Two star-crossed lovers married looking for regrets by daybreak I’ll be gone and searching for your kiss". It means that Romeo & Juliet families hate each other, but when they first meet the fall deeply in love with one another, even though their families hate each other. With knowing that they still get married and then keep their love a secret. Also from the song “I’m killing cousins, revenge I seek In fair Verona I will lay him down, down to sleep. In desperation, poison becomes this story's ending in a tomb of lover's trust, trust" After Romeo & Juliet married, Romeo went to Verona only to fine that Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) and Mercutio were sword fighting. While trying to stop the fight, Romeo gets in the way and Tybalt stabs Mercutio. Mercutio dies and Tybalt runs away, filled with anger Romeo runs after Tybalt and kills him. As punishment Romeo is danned from Verona. One thing leads to another and Juliet takes poison and falls asleep, but Romeo thinks she’s dead so he kills himself. Then Juliet wakes up to find Romeo dead so she kills herself. Overall the song “A Change of Pace” is a very accurate song.

Even though this play is very old, it still has some meaning to the real world. It’s played in songs, stories ect. This song is accurate and sums up the tragic love of Romeo & Juliet.

Miss Transue

9 CP English I-9

6 January 2012

The Key to Change....... is to Let go of Fear.

Some people think change is a bad thing, but in some cases change can be a good thing. Even the worst of people can change. No matter how old/young you are you can change to be a better people. In the novel Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury Mr. Halloway, Will, and Jim has have changed by the carnival and the freaks.

In the beginning of the story Mr. Halloway is a kind, caring father that does not relate to his son because of him age. Throught out the story Mr. Halloway has relized that age doesn't matter to the people that you love. In the chapter ______ Mr.Dark comes to get the boys while also crushing his hand, and left for the dust witch to be killed. While the Dust witch tries to kill Mr. Halloway he starts to relized that he isnt as old as he thinks, and with the cofiendient that he has with his age he drives the dust witch away. Also Mr. Halloway has changed from the beginning of the story because he is more protective of his Will and Jim. When Mr. Dark was looking for the boys Mr. Halloway said " Hide"(40 Bradbury) to Will and Jim to protect them so Mr. Dark wouldn't get them. Not only is Mr.Halloway more confindent, and protective he is also persistent as well. Mr.Halloway went throught pain with Mr. Dark in crushing his left hand(____ Bradbury). Then when he volinterred himself to do the trick with the bullet he whisped with his lips" The crescent moon I have marked on the bullet is not a crescent moon. Its my own smile. I have put my smile on the bullet on the rifle."(47 Bradbury), he knew that happiness kills evil so when he did the trick insteaded of the dust witch living she died. Mr. Halloway went through all this pain and still manage to bring the boys home. Thats persistent ,but many people dont think that this is true they say that he went through all this pain to feel young again. but Mr.Halloway went throught all this pain because he was protecting the boys from the carnivel. That is how Mr.Halloway has changed throught the novel.

As well as Mr.Halloway Will has changed too. Will used to be the caisous, timid boy, but then through out the novel he has changed to be this action thrilled, sensitive grown up boy. Then when Will was running after the newphew Jim was running towards the free rides. Then when Will seen Jim trying to get on the merry-go-round Will cried "Jim" ( 23 Bradbury) Then knocked Jim out of the way and thats when Mr.Cooger turned really old. thats one of the ways Will is action thrilled.Then in the same chapter when they seen how old Mr.Cooger got Will "was sick over the side of the carousel"(23 Bradbury) because he never seen someone that close to death before.Thats how Will is a sensitive boy. Then again everybody gets a little freaked out when they see someone close to death, but then again Will hated Mr.Cooger and when you hate someone that loves his father a lot. He said " Oh, Dad, Dad, I dont care how old you are, ever! I care what, i dont care anything! oh Dad, I love you!"(49 Bradbury) That is how changed from being a timid boy to being a action thrilled, sesitive, grown up boy.

At last we have Jim. In the beginning of the novel Jim was a kinda good, heartless, boy, but then he has changed to be a leadership ,evil, not bright boy. In the beginning of the novel a lighting rods sales man came up to sell lighting rods he was talking to the boys and started to describe Jim as" His hair was a wild, thick, and the glossy color os waxed chestnuts. His eyes, fixed to some distant point within himself, were mint rock-crystal green."(1 Bradbury) the colors black and green are colors of evil and then in chapter 18 when Mr. Dark handed them a card say that "our specialty: to examine, oil, polish, and repair Death-Watch Beetles" Then Will was like "you must be the Tattood Man" Then Jim was like "No! Hes the Illustated man, theres a difference" then with that comment Mr. Dark was pleased and then considerd Jim to be his evil partner. Next In chapter 12 Jim sneaks out to go see the carnivel without tell Will, so when Will sees him he yells"Jim! Wait for me" (12 brudbury) thats saying that Jim takes charge of the sitiuaton and that hes a leader not a follower. Also when Will and Mr. Halloway went to go save Jim from Mr. Dark they found him Riding the merry-go-round. Will went to go save im saying "Jim, get off dont leave me here"(51 Bradbury) while reaching for his hand and Jim wouldnt reach for it, and desided to stay on the merry-go-round. Thats How Jim is not a bright boy. You can say that he was just trying new things, but Will and Mr.halloway has talked about how evil and dangerous the carnivel is so he knew the risk. That is how Jim changed.

Change can be good and bad in some cases. Though out the novel Mr. Halloway, Will and Jim have changed. Mr. Halloway has changed and hes old, and then Will and Jim have changed and there young.

HI(:

Hi is just a simple word right? Well you’re wrong. Hi is so much more than a form of greeting. There is this boy that I say hi to every day, and he always asked why I say hi to him. It’s a long story but I’m willing to share. One day I was reading this secret on the website 6 billion secrets. It was about this girl who was thinking about committing suicide because no one would say hi to her, then later that day I read a comment from a person saying that her sister committed suicide because of the same reason. Ever since then I manage to say hi to people whom seem lonely because I don’t want people to be sad because no one says hi to them.

Talking to someone can make them feel like they aren’t alone, that someone acknowledges them. The boy that I say hi to is a quite, shy boy and nobody talks to him. Within the comment, she said that it feels like nobody even nose that she’s there, and she feels like she’s alone, and unacknowledged. Then with a simple hi you can change the way people feel about them self’s.

Everybody should take time to say hi or start convocation with someone that seems to not have many friends. You may think that this is silly but it can really change a person, and how they feel. This kid may not know it yet, but someday we’re going to get married. I just know it.

How and why did the witch die?

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 06:17 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 43

Why did the Dust witch go after Jim and Will?

November Freewrite(:

"A smile is a curve the sets everything straight"

When you smile do you truly feel happy? Do you just put a smile on your face to get through the day? If so, how can you tell a happy person from a sad person? Is it those who smile who truly feel sad?

It is easier when your sad to put a smile on your face, its  better then explaining to a person why your sad. Right? The thing is the people who do this don’t know that when they let their feeling out it feels a lot better than to hold it all back.  Like the saying “I’m fine" but in all actuality the person is not fine and is really just trying to find a person who cares enough to listen to there problems. Yes there are some people who smile because they're happy, but there are people who smile because they feel like nobody care. Too tell a true happy person from a sad person is by their eyes. It’s something in their eyes that tells the truth, without saying anything. So smiling can mean a million different things. You smile when your sad, happy, excited, thrilled. Its by their eyes to tell how they really feel.

So is a smile a curve that sets everything straight? Or is a smile a sign saying to the feeling" I just want to be happy"?

Why does Charles Halloway hide that there's a carnival comeing to town?