Copyright (c) 2014 by Adam C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Adam C -- Blogmeister

About me-

by Adam C teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 116

May Freewrite

For the last blog of the year I decided to do something different. I have decided to write a blog about nothing.

This blog isn’t really about nothing because nothing is something. If nothing is something, then could something be nothing? For example, one definition of “nothing” is something that is nonexistent, but something that is nonexistent is still something.

The definition of “nothing” that we are probably most familiar with is the definition “something or someone of no importance or significance.” This means that you CAN actually be doing nothing.

Now I’m going to talk about random, unimportant things. The reason I’m going to talk about random thing is because I can’t really think of anything else to write about.

Do you like summer? I think the best part of summer is there is no school and that means no blogs. Blogs aren’t really that bad, but I just get so bored doing them. I don’t really mind school, but I can’t wait till summer. Once summer comes, I don’t know what I’ll do, but I’ll be happy to be out of school.

I don’t know why I didn’t write a blog like this earlier in the year because it’s really easy to write. I’m sorry if this blog is really bored to read but it’s the last blog of the year and I wanted to have the most different and unique blog I could think of.

This blog is almost over. Its hopefully the last one I ever do. I had a fun ninth grade year. Did you?

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 49

Sing it Out

Did you ever notice how many references are made to the story of Romeo and Juliet? Romeo and Juliet have been the influence of many songs and movies. One of these songs is “Love Story” by Taylor Swift.

This song relates to Romeo and Juliet in many ways. The song says “see the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say Hello.” This relates to the story because this is how Romeo and Juliet met. The line “So I sneak out to the garden to see you.” In the book Romeo snuck into the Capulet’s orchard to see Juliet. The line “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” In Romeo and Juliet; Juliet was being forced into marrying someone.

This story creates the allusion of Romeo and Juliet. This story creates an accurate allusion of Romeo and Juliet by saying these three lines. “See the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say Hello.” “So I sneak out to the garden to see you.” “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” These lines are all references that can be directly referred to Romeo and Juliet.

This is just one song that makes a reference to the story Romeo and Juliet. This is a great song and it makes a lot of accurate references to Romeo and Juliet.

Dear Freshy

Welcome to ninth grade. Ninth grade is easy to pass, if you do your work. In each subjects there are certain things you need to do.

In health you need to do you projects. In civics you need to study for your tests. In English you need to do your blogs and do your homework. In math you need to do your homework. In science you need to take notes.

Ninth grade isn’t as bad as it seems; your going to have a lot of fun. I hope you have a great year. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Adam Curry

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

April Freewrite

The ocean is a big place. The ocean is home to the world’s largest creatures. The Whale. There are many whales in the sea but I’m going to tell you a story about the unluckiest whale ever.

There once was a blue whale that seemed like an ordinary whale. He was always an average whale but he never had good luck until one day when he couldn’t of been unluckier.

One day this blue whale was swimming and all of a sudden he got ran over by a pirate ship. Now this didn’t kill the whale but the pirates had a bunch of bees on the ship. One of the bees escaped and stung the whale. The only problem with this is that this is the only whale that is allergic to bees. After he got stung; the whale thought “Could this get any worse?” He knew it was going to. Then all of a sudden a man-eating shark came out from the abyss and jumped over the ship trying to get a tasty pirate. Instead he ended up jumping over the whole boat and biting the whale. Luckily the shark hated the taste of whale and went back to trying to eat the pirates. The pirates didn’t want to be eaten so they started shooting at the shark and one of the shots hit the whale. The whale washed up on a beach dead an hour later. The news papers made a huge story about how unlucky this whale was. This story was read by millions of people and nobody was happy about the whale’s death.

Now you know the story of the unluckiest whale ever, and how he died.

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

March Freewrite

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? While you were there; what would you do? Why would you go there? If I could go anywhere I would go to Australia.

I would go to Australia for a lot of reasons. The first thing I would do when I got there is flush a toilet. I know this sounds bizarre but the reason I would do this is because the water would go down the opposite way. This is due to how the earth rotates. If I went to Australia I would go and see the animals. The animals in Australia are different and unique to the rest of the world. The animals are different because Australia has been separated away from the rest of the world and this caused them to evolve differently. The next thing that I would do is go swimming in the ocean. Australia is home to the Great Barrier Reef. This would be amazing to see because there are tons of different types of fish there. The last reason I would go to Australia is because of the accent the people have. While I was there I would try to pick up the accent because I have always wanted to learn an Australian accent.

Australia would be an amazing place to go. I would go to flush a toilet, see the animals and fish, and to hear the accent. These are the reasons why I would go to Australia.

Article posted March 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

Representin'

What do people remind you of? A person could represent a glitching computer. They could represent head phones. Could they remind you of colors, or of food?

My friend Curtis reminds me of a glitching computer because he’ll say random things at random times. You can be talking to him and all of a sudden he’ll say something random and then go back to the original conversation.

My friend Briana reminds me of head phones because she is always listening to music and she’s always singing.

The color blue always reminds me of marine biologist studying the big Blue Ocean or pilots flying through the blue sky.

My brothers remind me of food because they are always eating and they love food. People tell them that they’ve never seen them not hungry and I hardly see them full.

People can remind you of anything. Curtis reminds me of a glitching computer. Briana reminds me of head phones. Blue reminds me of big open spaces and the people who explore them. Finally my brothers remind me of food because they love to eat.

Construction Theory

The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response. Reader response focuses on the reader’s journey and the author’s purpose. The Percy Jackson books follow this theory because the reader can enjoy these books, the books are funny, and the setting is in modern day.

First, the reader can enjoy these books because it’s a good story. The story is well written and the reader will enjoy these books. Reader response also applies to this story because the reader can laugh while reading these books. The story’s setting is in modern day and this allows the reader to connect with the book. These three things focuses on the reader’s journey.

Second, the author’s purpose in this book is to give the reader a good story. The author’s purpose is also to give knowledge about Greek mythology. This happens because the story is about a kid who is the son of a god. The reader learns about Greek mythology because the author put a lot about Greek mythology in these books.

Finally, the Percy Jackson Books focus on the reader’s journey. These books also have a strong author’s purpose in them. The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response.

February Freewrite

Do you want to sound smarter? You will sound smarter because when you say random facts it makes it seem like you know a lot. Knowing random facts creates the illusion that you know a lot. It will also make you feel smarter. Random facts are important because when you tell them to people it makes you feel good. Random facts can also make you feel good by knowing them.

If you know somebody who is always spending money on the lottery and you inform them that: “the chance that you will die going to get a lottery ticket is greater than the chance that you will win the lottery.” Then they might not spend a lot of money on lottery tickets. If you are planning on going to Antarctica then it might be helpful to know that there is an ATM there. You would be surprised about how companies own other companies. The Pepsi Company owns KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut. If you like presidents then you might be surprised to know some things about them. One thing is that Grover Cleveland’s first name was Stephen; Grover was his middle name. Another thing is that Harry S. Truman’s middle name is S.

I really like random facts because I can learn a little about a lot of topics without learning a lot about the topics. Random facts can be anything from 111,111,111 times 111,111,111 equals 12345678987654321 to Dolly Parton once lost a Dolly Parton look-alike contest. These are some random facts; roadside billboards are prohibited in four US states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, and Vermont. As you age your eye color gets lighter. More people are killed each year by donkeys than plane crashes. The Mars Rover "Spirit" has a top speed of 0.1 mph.

In conclusion random facts are important.

Works Cited

Random facts app on an ipod.

December Freewrite

Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year. But what makes the holiday season so special? I think that it’s because everyone is so much happier at Christmas time. Everyone is coming home as happy as can be. All the kids get a vacation from school and can’t wait for Christmas morning.

The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. Everybody is just waiting for Christmas morning. Everyone likes getting presents but the y0ounger kids seem to like it more. The magic of Santa bringing them presents just amazes them. Just watching them open their presents puts a smile on my face.

I like it because everyone is so happy but one of my favorite things during the holiday season is my aunts Christmas party. I like it because I get to see all of my family. My aunt always has so much food and it’s always so good. She makes some of the best cookies I have ever had. The party is always so fun because everyone is telling stories and it’s just so much fun. The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year and I look forward to it every year.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 02:03 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

November Freewrite

Thanksgiving! The best meal of the year. What comes to mind when you think of Thanksgiving? When I think of thanksgiving turkey, a big feast, and pies comes to mind.

I love thanksgiving because I love food. We always get a big turkey and a lot of food. On Thanksgiving I always eat as much as I can because the food is always so delicious. My favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving is the cranberry sauce. I always eat turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, applesauce, cranberry sauce, with gravy poured over all of it. After we eat the meal then we get pie. I love eating pie and covering it with whip cream.

I always watch the football games that are on TV. I also play an annual turkey bowl game with everybody else that is there. We have a football that is dedicated to the turkey bowl. The thing that I like most about thanksgiving is the food.