Copyright (c) 2014 by Samantha L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Samantha L -- Blogmeister

(:-

by Samantha L teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 83

Dear Freshmen,

I bet it sounds nice to finally be called a Freshmen! This year you are in for some new experiences. Now that your officially in high school you should be prepared for things that didnt happen in eight grade. For example if you are the type of person who waits till the last miniute to do your work or projects you should break that habit now. If you dont get your work in on time your grade will drop. Excepcially blogs, when Miss Transue assigns you a blog to do if you have free time just get it out of the way. You might not think that it will affect your grade much but it does.

Ninth grade isnt all bad even though there is a lot of work involved you still get to do some cool stuff. For example pep rallys, pep rallies are a lot of fun you get to see all your friends and watch people play games. Another thing is field day. The field day that youll be participating in this year is a lot different then last years. Its not as structuerd so you get to kinda do whatever you want. If your in student council youll probly be helping out a lot so if you sign up be prepared to work. Talent shows are a lot of fun as well. You get to see people from all the higer grades and their talents. All in all youll end up enjoying the year and all that being a freshmen brings. :)

Sincerely, Samantha

Sing it out!

Have you ever heard of the play Romeo and Juliet? Have you ever heard something that referes back to their love? Has their reference been accurate? In the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift she sings about Romeo and Juliet.

In this song she compares her relationship to Romeo and Juliet’s. She sings about how she was young when they met. She also says about how they were at a party. And in the play they first met each other at the Capulet’s party.Towards the middle of the song Taylor says about how her dad said told her Romeo to stay away from her. She mentions how she was waiting for him and she was wondering if he would come for her. This can relate to the play because Lord Capulet wouldn’t want Juliet to see a Montague.

All of these references are corret. They are correct because the thing that she sings about happen in the play.

In conclusion almost all of these comparisons made with her and Juliet are correct. This song is a good representation of the play Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 49

April Free write

Text talk

In today’s society many people use texting as their main source of communication.  Texting can be confusing for beginners. For example it takes time to get use to typing on a small keyboard. Not only is that hard but many people come up with their own acronyms for words so that they type faster. I will be giving you a list of commonly used acronyms.

1.       LOL means laugh out loud.

2.       BRB means be right back.

3.       ROFL means roll on floor laughing.

4.       IDK means I don’t know.

5.       IDC means I don’t care

6.       JK means just kidding.

7.       BTW means oh by the way.

8.       TTYL means talk to you later.

9.       AKA means also known as.

10.   FYI means for your info.

11.   B4 means before.

12.   BTW means by the way.

13.   CUL means see you later.

14.   F2F means face to face.

15.   IYKWIM means if you know what I mean.

Now that you know some acronyms, you can text without being confused.

March Free Write

If I had 3 million dollars what would I do with it? Has that thought ever run through your mind? It has for me.  Emily made a blog about what she would do with 3 million dollars. Here’s what I would do with 3 million dollars.

First I would take about some of the money and put it into savings.

Second I would buy a car.

Third I would help my parents with any debt they have.

Fourth I would give some money to charity.

Fifth I would take my family on vacation to anywhere they would want to go.

Sixth I would go to some of the places where there are starving and homeless children and adults and help them.

Seventh I would also help out any of my other family members who are having money problems.

Eighth I would redo my whole house.

Ninth I would go and do all the adventurous things I’ve always wanted to do.

Lastly I would just simply go shopping.

I wish that I could win or get 3 million dollars. The chances of that are very slim.  I would make sure the money went to good use. After reading this I hope you decide what you would do with 3 million dollars. Thanks for reading!

Representing

Have you ever been reminded of a friend by something? Has something ever looked like one of your friends? I have, and I’m going to be comparing my friends to candy.

Hailey reminds me of the candy sour patch kids..She reminds me of sour patch kids because she comes off tough (the sour) but shes really cool (the sweet).

Jessica reminds me of a blow pop. Sheremindes me of a blow pop because she is always sweet.(: 

Breanna reminds me of the candy jolly ranchers. She remindes me of a jolly rancher because she is always happy (jolly).

Emily reminds me of the candy pop rocks. She remindes me of pop rocks because she is loud and exciting.(:

My friends remind me of a lot of different coandys. They all have really different personalities. What do you friends remind you of?

February free write

What’s your favorite season? Do you like winter? Do you like fall? My favorite time of year is summer. The reason I like summer so much is because it’s so warm. When it’s warm you can do a lot of things. For example you can go swimming. In the summer that’s one thing I love to do swim. You can go to water parks too which is really fun. Another thing you can do in the summer is go to the beach. The beach is a lot of fun becauseits so pretty.

Another reason I love the summer is because there is no school. You don’t have to worry about getting up early, which is the best part about the summer. You can stay home and do absolutely nothing. Whether it be chilling on the couch or going somewhere. The other great thing about summer is traveling. In the summer people usually go to really exciting places like amusement parks, and other places. Last summer I went to Niagara Falls and a bunch of other places too. I can’t wait till this summer so that way I can go to different places.

What are you going to do this summer?Are you going to travel?Are you going to relax? Hopefully whatever it is it will be fun.

Superpowers!

Voice Recorder >>

The TV show Cops is something a humanist would celebrate. They would celebrate it because the people who do bad things are caught and usually punished. First off the suspects are almost always caught. For example if a person is speeding and the cop tries to pull them over and they resist they have reinforcements come and block roads or corner them. If the cops do this the person has no choice but to give themselves up. In addition to being caught they are sometimes arrested. For instance when they catch a person doing drugs or something else illegal they take them to the police station. A humanist would celebrate this because it’s the bad guy getting punished. In conclusion a humanist would celebrate the television show Cops because the bad guy is caught and they are usually convicted for the crimes they have commited.

Why do you think when Will and Mr. Halloway sang, danced and laughed it brought Jim back to life?

Article posted December 19, 2011 at 02:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 40

December free write

This December many less fortunate families will not have enough food for a Christmas dinner. They may not have presents under the tree Christmas morning.

This year I went with some other key club members to a church in Montrose to help pass out bags of food and toys. While we were there we help deliver the bags to each family’s car. It was really cool to see how happy the parents were when they saw the bags of food and how the kids faces light up when they saw garbage bags full of toys. It felt really nice to be able to help out the less fortunate and have fun doing it. It was also nice to know that the people who came where going to have the nice Christmas they deserve.

After we had lunch at the church we went to McDonalds to get something sweet. We had a lot of fun there and I didn’t mind being out of school for a few hours. Since it was such a good experience I am planning on going back to help out next year.

I would definitely recommend joining the Key Club if you are interested in community service. This Christmas you should take a day out of your vacation and help someone in need. Though it may be just a small gesture it might change some ones Christmas. Hopefully you will take this into consideration. Merry Christmas!

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 02:20 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 58

ooh ooh pick me!(part 2)

In chapter 25 does Miss. Foley know Robert wasnt her nephew?

Ooh Ooh pick me!

In chapter 4 the boys are watching the "theater" why do you think they call it the theater?

November free write

In the month of November a very special holiday occurs Thanksgiving. In order to have a perfect Thanksgiving you not only need family but food. Here is a list of some of the most commonly eaten foods on Thanksgivng.

1. The most important food item is Turkey.

2. The second most commonly eaten food is stuffing.

3. The third is cranberry sauce.

4. The fourth is mashed potatoes.

5. The fifth is sweet potatoes.

6. Pumpkin pie is the sixth.

7. The seventh is some type of bean.

8. The eighth is corn.

9. The ninth is rolls.

10. The very last is apple pie.

Without these few items some people may say thanksgiving would be incomplete and I would have to agree. Happy Thanksgiving!

3rd Person omniscient

As the cool fall air blew Sally and her best friend Carl walked slowly to school. Sally was trying so hard to cover up how she was feeling. She didn’t want Carl to know that she was extremely upset about her dog running away. Little did she know Carl knew exactly what Sally was doing but he didn’t want Sally to know he knew.

3rd Person limited omniscient

As the cool fall air blew Sally and her best friend Carl walked slowly to school. Sally was trying so hard to cover up how she was feeling. She didn’t want Carl to know that she was extremely upset about her dog running away.  When Sally looked over at Carl she could tell he hadn’t caught on.

3rd Person Dramatic

One fall day a girl named Sally and her best friend Carl were walking to school. Sally seemed really upset, but Carl didn’t know what was wrong with her. It may have been because the night before sally’s dog ran away.

October Freewrite

My list of things I want to do before I die.

Have you ever wanted to accomplish something? Have you ever wanted to make a bucket list. I have a list of things I wanted to do or see before I die.

The first thing I want to do is go to Italy.

The second thing is Iwant to go skydiving.

The third thing I want to do befor I die is move to California.

The fourth thing I want to do is graduate college.

Another thing I want to do is become a Pediatrician.

The sixth thing I want to do is get married.

The seventh thing I want to do before I die is to adopt a child.

I want to go bunji-jumping.

The ninth thing I want to do is go deep sea diving

I want to fly a plane.

The eleventh thing I want to do is swim with sharks.

The twelth thing is to make a million dollars.

The last thing I want to do is to ride a COW!

Those are the 13 things I want to do before I die.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 51

Have you ever seen a cat assisting person cross a road? Have you ever seen a rat open a door for a person in a wheelchair? But have you seen a dog do both of those things? Dogs can do so many things for humans who need help. That’s why I think out of rats, cats and dogs, dogs make the best pet because they are obedient, loving, and loyal.   

Picture you were cooking dinner and as you read the ingredients off your recipe you are out of an ingredient that you need to cook with. Living in the country with everything being so far away you wouldn’t be able to drive to the store and back in time. That’s why raising a family in the city is the best choice there is other families around you, a hospital is close by , and stores near where you live.

Theme: Lying doesn’t always mean you’re a bad person.

In the story: Al-Faq lied to the people that the father was a holy man so that they would take care of him and he would survive.

In real life: People in real life sometimes tell the people they love lies to protect them from getting hurt.  

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 02:21 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 86

September Freewrite(:

This summer I went to a lot of different places. At the beggining of the summer I went to my sister’s house. While I was there I spent a lot of time with my family and friends. I also went to Dorney and Knobles with my sister.

In the middle of the summer my family came to my house for the fourth of July, and we had two big barbeques.The last part of summer I went to Hershey Park with my family, we rode all the rides and went to the water park.

Also at the end of summer my dad, stepmom and I went to see the American and Canadian falls. While we were on the Canadian side we ate at the Skylon a revolving tower. Even though I didnt like how high the tower was it still had a great view. When we were on the American side we rode on a boat called Maid of the Mist and the boat took us right next to the falls. It was my first time going to Canada.

After that trip we went New York City. When we were there we shopped for school clothes. For the last few weeks off summer I just hung out with friends and relaxed. That’s what I did over summer vacation.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 02:46 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

All about me (:

Hey my name is Samantha and this is my binder project.

The first item on my binder is a quote.

The quote says “It’s up to you to find the beauty in the ugliest days”.

I choose this quote because I really like the meaning to look on the bright side of any situation.

The second item on my binder is the picture of the TV show Pretty Little Liars. I choose to include a picture

of it because it’s my favorite TV show. I love this TV show because it is about a group of rich teenagers, but

one of them goes missing then is found dead. It has many twists and turns which I really like.

The next picture that I incorporated is a picture of Dr. Seuss. The reason I did this is because we needed a picture

of a reading memory, and when I was younger my best friend and I would read every Dr. Seuss book our teacher

had at reading time.

The next thing you would see on my binder would be a picture of two people laughing. I wanted to put this picture

on my binder because I wanted to show how I like to joke around and make people laugh.

The last picture I put in my binder is a picture of a music note. I put that picture in my binder because I don’t know

anything I like better then listening to music. I like a lot of different types of music except for country.