Copyright (c) 2014 by Gianni F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gianni F -- Blogmeister

Story of my life.

class 2015

by Gianni F

teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

Audio recording >>

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Dear Future Freshmen,

Hey you with the American Eagle shirt and the backwards hat I heard from a little birdy that you are going to being a freshman this year. If that is the case there are some things that you are going to need to know.

The first thing you need to know is that Mr. Hein loves his food. Absolutely gobbles up almost anything you throw at him. Giving him some food from time to time will help keep his temperament down and allow you to talk a little bit more.

The second thing you will need to know is that every single one of your teachers have an upside to them that you can use to make your class time more enjoyable. An example is Mr. Hein and his jokes. In civics you will have fun with jokes whereas in science Mr. Woolcock will appreciate if you kept things scientific.

The final thing that you will need to know is that you should NEVER EVER wait until deadlines. This is just a bad habit that will never be good for you (it's also the reason I am writing this at 10 P.M.)

Remember that this was just a crash course and by no means should you only follow these three guidelines. Have a great year freshmen and have fun!

Sincerely,

Gianni Ferrari

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 02:10 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Gianni F

Ms. Transue

English

19 April 2012

April Freewrite

The Battle

His sweat drop finally falls from his cheek in to dry cracked and dusty dirt below him. All he wants is for someone to give him an opening.

All he needs is one good hit and he can get home. All that stands between him is the rest of their team. DINK! And he's gone, moving as fast as he can around the bases. FOUL BALLLL! Now he's right back where he started.

Maybe if this pitcher throws a wild one he can get to second before they know what’s happening. But he’s not gonna get that chance. DINK! And he’s off again, this time its not a foul and its not caught. Like an angry chinese dragon he puts on the speed and doesn't take it off until his foot smacks that home plate.

He takes a peek at the score board. It's one-to-eight and he knows that soon he will have to repeat what he just did.

After what seems like a blink it's his turn again. From the pitchers hand rolls a ball like no other. Traveling a solid 83 miles an hour it hits him in the knee with an audible crack. The walk sets his team ahead nine-to-eight in the final inning. The pain was harsh but it was a good pain, the cost of a victory.

Gianni

Ms. Transue

English

7 March 2012

The Walking Dead

Have you ever wanted everything you see to be free? If you go to a store you could take anything you want. There may be a one problem though, zombies.

Rick Grimes was a sheriff in a small town outside of Atlanta, Georgia when he recieved a call for back up. The suspects were armed and dangerous and engaged in a high speed chase. When Rick arrived at the scene the car was hit by spike strips and flipped over. Three suspects jumped out and started firing at Rick and were promptly put down. But just when they thought it was over another suspect jumps out and shoots Rick in the chest.

About a month later Rick wakes up in a hospital powered by emergency lights and covered in blood. After locating his sheriff outfit he sets out to his house. On the way there he sits down and sees a man in a suit shambling towards him. Then he gets hit the face with a shovel and knocked unconcious. Rick wakes up in the house of Duane and his son (who hit him with the shovel, thinking he was a zombie) and they fill him in on what happened. A zombie outbreak with no known cause and no cure. If you are bit or scratched by a zombie you develop a fever and eventually die, only to come back as a zombie anywhere from three minutes to three hours later. Duane and Rick head to the sheriffs station and load up a bag of shotguns, rifles, pistols and ammo.

If you haven't figured it out yet this from the series The Walking Dead. This is only a small part of the first episode, if you think you may like it check out the series on AMC.

Gianni F Ms. Transue English February 2nd 2012 Reader Response A piece of text that a reader response theorist would celebrate is the book Monsters of Men.

This book would be celebrated because the story has clear plot points and they are all used perfectly. What I mean by this is that none of the parts of the story feel too long or too short. This is pretty amazing considering that this is the final book in a series so you would expect there to be almost no exposition since you already know all the characters but that isn't the case with this book. The book outlines all the major event in the past books in a nice enough way that it didn't bother me even though I knew all the information already.

Another reason that this text would be celebrated is because of the response that it invokes in it's readers. This book is filled to the brim with twists and turns. Also the characters feel fleshed out and you honestly care for them when they are hurt or killed. By doing this the writer allows the reader to become so engrossed in the story that they feel like one of the main characters or a bystander to the events in the text. The final reason that this text would be celebrated is because all the characters experience an emotional climax. In this story all the characters change for better or for worse.

In conclusion, these are some reasons that Monsters of Men would be celebrated.

Make your own slideshow at Animoto.

Voice Recorder >>

Gianni

Miss Transue

9-CP English

6 January 9, 2012

The Transformation

For better or for worse you have a relationship with everyone you know. Maybe you love them, maybe you despise them. But sometimes that relationship changes, in the case of Will and his father in the book Something Wicked This Way Comes their relationship is dynamic and changes from the beginning to the middle to the end.

First, in the beginning their relationship was non-communicative. Will has a perfect chance to but does not speak to his father; he ignores him and keeps walking (Bradbury 36). Will also had a chance to spend time with his father but did not (Bradbury 37).Late that night he wanted to go and speak with his father but decided to just go to sleep (Bradbury 38). Some say that this is normal teenager behavior but Will is taking it to an extreme. He is not telling his parents how he feels and neither are they. They are drifting farther and farther apart. This is a perfect example of a non-communicative relationship.

Second, in the middle of the story both Will and his father are opening up to each other. For example Charles does not punish Will for what he did (Bradbury 129). When Charles discovers the ladder leading down from the house, he is not angry but instead tells Will how he used to do the same thing (Bradbury 130). Then Will confesses to his father about Ms. Foley and what he thinks of her (Bradbury 131). It has been argued that they are simply talking, but if you look closely at how they speak you can tell that they are talking like they have never spoken this way before.

Finally, at the end of the book their relationship has done a complete 180ْ and it is the best it has ever been. They are speaking more they have in the past and with more emotion (Bradbury 284). They are also spending more time together then they ever have (Bradbury 286). Finally at the end Charles is “younger” meaning he feels like he is younger and he has a younger mentality (Bradbury 289). Although it could be said that they were forced to spend more time together the time they spent together was spent bonding and learning about each other.

With this evidence it is impossible to say that Will and his father’s relationship don’t change from the beginning to the middle to the end. Not only do they do things that they quite possibly have never done before, they are also doing them with emotion.

December Freewrite

Every year families all around the world travel to relatives. Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, nephews , nieces and cousins all come out of the wood work to visit. These visits usually are friendly and fun but not all the time. Some times you and your relatives dont get along. Take for example me and my cousin.

My cousins name is Dustin and he is eleven months younger than me. Dustin loves to build and create. He collects legos and Megablox(they are like legos but more customizable). He will spend hours building with these. Then he will modify them with an X-acto knife. Finally he will paint them.

I, on the other hand like being active. I prefer his trampoline and pool to his legos. While Dustin will go for a bike ride every so often he still prefers his legos. I believe these differences in interests are what make us argue sometimes.

However as each year passes we argue less and less. Maybe one day we won't argue at all.

Why do Will, Jim, and Mr. Halloway not ride the carousel at the end?

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 02:10 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 44

Why was Will crying when Mr.Dark was looking for him?

Gianni

9-CP English

Ms. Transue

24 October 2011

The Man Who Wronged the Wrong Woman

When someone dies the first suspect is almost always their significant other. Many people see this as a cliché and don’t believe it to be true. But when Brunton was found dead Rachel seemed to be a very good suspect. I also believe that Rachel killed Brunton intentionally because she was mentally unstable and she may have remembered Brunton wronging her. Many people believe that the killing was accidental, disbelieve this notion entirely. First Rachel had been wronged by Brunton and had most likely remembered this while helping him find the jewels. Rachel also had an excitable Welsh temperament meaning she would get very angry very fast. Also when the stone locked Brunton to his death Rachel could have ran and gotten help instead she left him to die. All of these reasons in my opinion completely wipe the idea of Rachel accidentally killing Brunton off the map.

One reason she killed him intentionally is because Rachel was a happy Welsh girl that was engaged to Brunton. Then, he dumped her. Needless to say Rachel did not handle this very well. In fact she became clinically depressed. When she became depressed she was described as a “black eyed shadow of her former self” (Doyle 5). Also when the day Brunton goes missing rolls by and Sherlock talks to her about Brunton she says “He is gone. No one has seen him. He is not in his room. Oh, yes, he is gone, he is gone!”(Doyle 8). She then falls back against the wall and begins shrieking with laughter. This is not the behavior that a mentally sane person would show. With this evidence I firmly believe that Rachel was mentally unstable.

The final reason I believe that Rachel killed Brunton is because she remembered how Brunton had wronged her. As stated previously Rachel has an excitable Welsh temperament so she very easily could have gotten very angry remembering what Brunton had done. She was also happily engaged to Brunton and he abruptly left her for another woman. This may have swayed her anger towards him even more. The worst way Brunton wronged Rachel is by cheating on her while engaged. The evidence for this is Sherlock saying that Brunton had “wronged her-wronged her, perhaps, far more than we suspected” (Doyle 16).

All of these things that Brunton did to wrong Rachel such as making her mentally unstable and able to remember the things that he did to her in my opinion prove that Rachel killed Brunton intentionally.

Have you ever wanted a mechanical scoop carry you up the side of a cliff? Ever wanted to feel snowflakes on your face as you rocket down the side of a mountain? Then snowboarding is for you. Here are some ups and downs of the snowboarding experience.

The thought of an automated ski lift can scare many people, especially if it’s your first time riding. But, the ski lifts are very safe as long as you use them correctly. This means paying attention when it's your time to get on and getting on correctly. You must also have your back foot unbound so that you can propel yourself around. If it is your first time boarding a ski lift you should watch the people ahead and position yourself like they do. When the lift is about to hit you don’t tense and rather let it do its job and "scoop" you into the seat. If you follow the directions and the rules of the lift it should be a no-brainer.

Now for the reason you are here, the ride down. Once you hop off your dandy lift the next thing you do is find yourself a safe spot to strap your other foot in. Once your feet are secure you should double check your boots, goggles, and helmet and they are very essential to having a safe run down the mountain. Now that you're moving you should pay attention to your surroundings. The more experienced boarders are most likely be doing tricks or flying down the mountain and they may not know it's your first time. While you’re moving try not to move erratically as the people around you may not know where you’re going to go and it causes them to take a wide detour around you.

Follow this guide and you should have an amazing time on the mountain.

Why do you guys think the lightning rod salesman was so entranced by the "Most Beautiful Woman" in the world?

Omniscient

The day started normal, Andrew woke up feeling hungry as always. He walked downstairs and eats his cereal thinking how he would have preferred eggs. He then gathered up all his stuff and stepped outside. Andrew began to walk to his favorite bookstore.

On the way there Andrew takes a small shortcut through an alley thinking about the countless amounts of time he's walked it before. As Andrew emerged on the other side things went horribly wrong. A driver was drinking her hot coffee and texting thinking about how boring today was going to be when she dropped her phone into her coffee. In an attempt to fish the phone out of the coffee she loses control of the car and swerves into Andrew.

Pain. Andrew could feel nothing but it. As the car hit him Andrew thought about his Mom and Dad and how much they would miss him. The driver was thinking about how much her insurance would cost now. Once everything stopped moving the driver got out. "Oh, my God! Are you okay?" Andrew was alive but had many broken bones and just wanted the pain to stop. The driver called an ambulance and Andrew was taken to the hospital.

Limited Omniscient

On the way there Andrew takes a small shortcut through an alley thinking about the countless amounts of time he's walked it before. As Andrew emerged on the other side things went horribly wrong. A driver was drinking her hot coffee and texting when she dropped her phone into her coffee. In an attempt to fish the phone out of the coffee she loses control of the car and swerves into Andrew.

Pain. Andrew could feel nothing but it. As the car hit him Andrew thought about his Mom and Dad and how much they would miss him.The driver called an ambulance and Andrew was taken to the hospital.

Dramatic

The day started normal, Andrew woke up feeling hungry as always. He walked downstairs and eats his cereal. He then gathered up all his stuff and stepped outside. Andrew began to walk to his favorite bookstore.

On the way there Andrew takes a small shortcut through an alley. As Andrew emerged on the other side things went horribly wrong. A driver was drinking her hot coffee and texting when she dropped her phone into her coffee. In an attempt to fish the phone out of the coffee she loses control of the car and swerves into Andrew.

Pain. Andrew could feel nothing but it. The driver called an ambulance and Andrew was taken to the hospital.

Gianni

Mr. Woolcock

Science – 9A

October 5, 2011

Behold the Mini Spini, a technological feat like no other. The Mini Spini uses top of the line mini CD’s to guide its 12”x 4” body around the difficult turns. We hope that Mini Spini will gracefully beat the others cars to the finish line. In this essay I will be addressing how we handle speed and velocity, friction, and the mass of the vehicle.

Because the Mini Spini has the potential to reach great speeds we needed an advanced mechanism to prepare for the stop at the end as to not bounce back and lose points. For this we decided to use tacks. The reason for this is that the tacks would stick into the wall preventing the racer from bouncing back.

Now let’s talk about friction. Because our racer will be bouncing along the walls we decided that reducing friction would be a good idea. So to connect the wheels to the axle we are using special connectors that will cut down on friction. We are also allowing the mini CD’s to spin freely to reduce friction.

Now for the icing on the cake, mass. Because Mini Spini will require quite a bit of power to coordinate the turn we decided that cutting down on the mass of the vehicle would be best. Our original idea was to have a massive pie plate that would rotate but we figured it would be too heavy so we opted for two mini CD’s that would rotate the car around. This design will have the same outcome but will reduce the mass increasing the speed and velocity of the vehicle as well as the acceleration.

With all of these modifications the racer will be able to complete the turn at a reasonable speed and be quite easy to build. Thank you for reading my essay on my mouse trap racer.

Gianni

9-CP English

Ms. Transue

24 October 2011

I am overloading with excitement at the mere thought of the next few months. There are so many awesome things coming up that I thought I would share it. Selling candy for my ski club, sleeping over at friend’s houses and Christmas top my list of things I want to do this winter.

I am part of my schools ski club and being part of this club costs a lot of money. However this isn't true if you take part in their fundraiser like I do. We receive catalogs full of delicious meats cheeses and chocolates and many people love them and buy from me. If I sell enough I am able to snowboard for free for almost the entire year.

During the winter one of the most common things to happen is snow. When there is enough our school is closed and we get the day off. Some of us take advantage of this by going over to friend’s houses and having fun. The best part is that sometimes it snows while we are over there and we get snowed in. This means we get to stay over even longer. While I’m over at a friend’s house we usually sled down the snow covered hills and play video games. Winter is definitely the best time to sleep over at a friend’s house.

Now for the best part of the year, Christmas. This is the best part of the year other than your birthday of course. Christmas is filled with presents, snow, and great food. All of these things make Christmas very enjoyable. One of the best things on Christmas is giving presents. Seeing the smile on your little brothers face when you give him the toy he wanted is priceless. Receiving presents is also great. This year I hope to get a snowboard. I hope that everyone has a happy and safe Christmas this year!

I believe that the theme of the “Djinn Who Lives between Night and Day” is that the less you know the happier you are. In the story the wife and the husband both believe that the other is living happily with the children. In real life if you were to know how bad the world is with all the disasters and crime you would most likely be very sad.

Gianni

Miss Melanie Transue

9 CP English P2

5 October 2011

This is summer was one of the Most fun I’ve ever had. My first trip was to Dale City, Virginia. Down in Virginia is where my cousin, aunt and uncle live with their dog, Amber. I stayed down in Virginia for three weeks during that time I went to a summer camp for a week, went tubing down a river and went to see a couple movies. My cousin is a big fan of Legos and building things. My aunt runs a small business that does neuro-feedback (complicated stuff). My uncle does construction and my cousin is younger than me so he won’t be working soon. My cousin and I get in arguments a lot but we never seem to stay mad at each other.

My other trip was to Atlantic City, New Jersey. The cool part about this trip is that I was allowed to bring my best friend, Steven. In Atlantic City there are many awesome things including the beach, Johnny Rockets (a restaurant) and a Go-Kart track. While I was in Atlantic City I got buried up to my neck and had fun beating and losing to my friend on the Go-Kart track. The beach at Atlantic City is almost always hot and crowded but it’s still fun to go to. The Go-Kart track was expensive and we had to find a good kart or we lost but that was still fun also. All in all I think this was one of the best summers ever!

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 02:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 35

A visual representation of me. 

Hello my name is Gianni and I decorated my binder for my English class. The quote I chose is by Yoda from the Star Wars series and the quote is “Do or do not, there is no try.” I chose this quote because I think if you’re going to do something you should just do it. I also chose four pictures from the internet. The first picture is a picture of a quad because I like to ride them. My second picture is a picture of tumbleweed because it signifies my personality because I go where I want to go. My third picture is the cover art of Monsters of Men which was a really good book that I read recently. My final picture was actually a dollar bill and I chose that because I like money. Thank you for reading my blog.