Copyright (c) 2014 by Gianni F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gianni F -- Blogmeister

Story of my life.

class 2015

by Gianni F

teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 66

Audio recording >>

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

Dear Future Freshmen,

Hey you with the American Eagle shirt and the backwards hat I heard from a little birdy that you are going to being a freshman this year. If that is the case there are some things that you are going to need to know.

The first thing you need to know is that Mr. Hein loves his food. Absolutely gobbles up almost anything you throw at him. Giving him some food from time to time will help keep his temperament down and allow you to talk a little bit more.

The second thing you will need to know is that every single one of your teachers have an upside to them that you can use to make your class time more enjoyable. An example is Mr. Hein and his jokes. In civics you will have fun with jokes whereas in science Mr. Woolcock will appreciate if you kept things scientific.

The final thing that you will need to know is that you should NEVER EVER wait until deadlines. This is just a bad habit that will never be good for you (it's also the reason I am writing this at 10 P.M.)

Remember that this was just a crash course and by no means should you only follow these three guidelines. Have a great year freshmen and have fun!

Sincerely,

Gianni Ferrari

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 02:10 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 44

Gianni F

Ms. Transue

English

19 April 2012

April Freewrite

The Battle

His sweat drop finally falls from his cheek in to dry cracked and dusty dirt below him. All he wants is for someone to give him an opening.

All he needs is one good hit and he can get home. All that stands between him is the rest of their team. DINK! And he's gone, moving as fast as he can around the bases. FOUL BALLLL! Now he's right back where he started.

Maybe if this pitcher throws a wild one he can get to second before they know what’s happening. But he’s not gonna get that chance. DINK! And he’s off again, this time its not a foul and its not caught. Like an angry chinese dragon he puts on the speed and doesn't take it off until his foot smacks that home plate.

He takes a peek at the score board. It's one-to-eight and he knows that soon he will have to repeat what he just did.

After what seems like a blink it's his turn again. From the pitchers hand rolls a ball like no other. Traveling a solid 83 miles an hour it hits him in the knee with an audible crack. The walk sets his team ahead nine-to-eight in the final inning. The pain was harsh but it was a good pain, the cost of a victory.

Gianni

Ms. Transue

English

7 March 2012

The Walking Dead

Have you ever wanted everything you see to be free? If you go to a store you could take anything you want. There may be a one problem though, zombies.

Rick Grimes was a sheriff in a small town outside of Atlanta, Georgia when he recieved a call for back up. The suspects were armed and dangerous and engaged in a high speed chase. When Rick arrived at the scene the car was hit by spike strips and flipped over. Three suspects jumped out and started firing at Rick and were promptly put down. But just when they thought it was over another suspect jumps out and shoots Rick in the chest.

About a month later Rick wakes up in a hospital powered by emergency lights and covered in blood. After locating his sheriff outfit he sets out to his house. On the way there he sits down and sees a man in a suit shambling towards him. Then he gets hit the face with a shovel and knocked unconcious. Rick wakes up in the house of Duane and his son (who hit him with the shovel, thinking he was a zombie) and they fill him in on what happened. A zombie outbreak with no known cause and no cure. If you are bit or scratched by a zombie you develop a fever and eventually die, only to come back as a zombie anywhere from three minutes to three hours later. Duane and Rick head to the sheriffs station and load up a bag of shotguns, rifles, pistols and ammo.

If you haven't figured it out yet this from the series The Walking Dead. This is only a small part of the first episode, if you think you may like it check out the series on AMC.

Gianni F Ms. Transue English February 2nd 2012 Reader Response A piece of text that a reader response theorist would celebrate is the book Monsters of Men.

This book would be celebrated because the story has clear plot points and they are all used perfectly. What I mean by this is that none of the parts of the story feel too long or too short. This is pretty amazing considering that this is the final book in a series so you would expect there to be almost no exposition since you already know all the characters but that isn't the case with this book. The book outlines all the major event in the past books in a nice enough way that it didn't bother me even though I knew all the information already.

Another reason that this text would be celebrated is because of the response that it invokes in it's readers. This book is filled to the brim with twists and turns. Also the characters feel fleshed out and you honestly care for them when they are hurt or killed. By doing this the writer allows the reader to become so engrossed in the story that they feel like one of the main characters or a bystander to the events in the text. The final reason that this text would be celebrated is because all the characters experience an emotional climax. In this story all the characters change for better or for worse.

In conclusion, these are some reasons that Monsters of Men would be celebrated.

Make your own slideshow at Animoto.

Voice Recorder >>

Gianni

Miss Transue

9-CP English

6 January 9, 2012

The Transformation

For better or for worse you have a relationship with everyone you know. Maybe you love them, maybe you despise them. But sometimes that relationship changes, in the case of Will and his father in the book Something Wicked This Way Comes their relationship is dynamic and changes from the beginning to the middle to the end.

First, in the beginning their relationship was non-communicative. Will has a perfect chance to but does not speak to his father; he ignores him and keeps walking (Bradbury 36). Will also had a chance to spend time with his father but did not (Bradbury 37).Late that night he wanted to go and speak with his father but decided to just go to sleep (Bradbury 38). Some say that this is normal teenager behavior but Will is taking it to an extreme. He is not telling his parents how he feels and neither are they. They are drifting farther and farther apart. This is a perfect example of a non-communicative relationship.

Second, in the middle of the story both Will and his father are opening up to each other. For example Charles does not punish Will for what he did (Bradbury 129). When Charles discovers the ladder leading down from the house, he is not angry but instead tells Will how he used to do the same thing (Bradbury 130). Then Will confesses to his father about Ms. Foley and what he thinks of her (Bradbury 131). It has been argued that they are simply talking, but if you look closely at how they speak you can tell that they are talking like they have never spoken this way before.

Finally, at the end of the book their relationship has done a complete 180ْ and it is the best it has ever been. They are speaking more they have in the past and with more emotion (Bradbury 284). They are also spending more time together then they ever have (Bradbury 286). Finally at the end Charles is “younger” meaning he feels like he is younger and he has a younger mentality (Bradbury 289). Although it could be said that they were forced to spend more time together the time they spent together was spent bonding and learning about each other.

With this evidence it is impossible to say that Will and his father’s relationship don’t change from the beginning to the middle to the end. Not only do they do things that they quite possibly have never done before, they are also doing them with emotion.

December Freewrite

Every year families all around the world travel to relatives. Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, nephews , nieces and cousins all come out of the wood work to visit. These visits usually are friendly and fun but not all the time. Some times you and your relatives dont get along. Take for example me and my cousin.

My cousins name is Dustin and he is eleven months younger than me. Dustin loves to build and create. He collects legos and Megablox(they are like legos but more customizable). He will spend hours building with these. Then he will modify them with an X-acto knife. Finally he will paint them.

I, on the other hand like being active. I prefer his trampoline and pool to his legos. While Dustin will go for a bike ride every so often he still prefers his legos. I believe these differences in interests are what make us argue sometimes.

However as each year passes we argue less and less. Maybe one day we won't argue at all.

Why do Will, Jim, and Mr. Halloway not ride the carousel at the end?