Copyright (c) 2014 by Jennifer V Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jennifer V -- Blogmeister

Jenn Rae's Fresh Blog(:-

by Jennifer V teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 04:33 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 141

What do you think was the most influential effect on the changing of Mr. Halloways and Wills  relationship?

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 58

Your walking down the school hallway; its the middle of the day; kids are rushing to get to lunch and then you notice a girl you don't see hanging out with people very often; a kid runs by and knocks her books out of her hands and everyone starts laughing at her. What would you do? Would you go out of your way to help her or would you let it be and go on your way.

Its not very often that I see this at Elk Lake but the few times I have I noticed the majority of people go along with the crowd even sometimes I have caught my self being a victim in this scenario. Its hard sometimes when you have the choice to stick up for someone and risk getting picked on yourself or laughing with everyone else. No one may even know the story behind this girl I wrote about in the the beginning. She may have woke up not been able to eat because there was no food in her house. She may be walking around with all her skin covering just so no one knows what goes on at home life. But who would know that. No one. Everyone has a story behind them. If its being the happiest person ever or someone who may want to take their own life from themselves. Everyone has their faults and everyone should keep that in mind when they see someone upset and having a bad day. It could be the difference from seeing them the next day at school or not seeing them there.

So next time you realize someone that doesn't have as many friends as you or just simply looks upset don't be afraid to say “hey” and invite them to sit with you at lunch. Its so crazy how this simple action could change a whole persons life. Always keep in mind the story of other people and put them in your shoes, think about how you would feel. Keep kindness and love always in your heart and if needed on the tip of your tounge.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 05:41 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 64

Once again...I'm OvEr HeRe!!!!

In chapter 28 Will and his father had a very in depth conversation about being a good and happy person are two different things.  What do you think the conversation ment to Mr. Halloway?  What do you think the significance of the conversation was to Will?

Article posted November 26, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 138

Helloooo! over here!

Will and Jim are best friends but when the carnival comes to town Jim is very excited about it and wants to know more about it but Will on the other hand is more nervous than excited about it.  Why do you think that Jim and Will have different emotions about the carnival?

Third Times a Charm!

Third Person Omniscient: 

Suzy and Sally took a trip to Hawaii.  Suzy thought that the trip took a very long time but was excited by the scenery of Hawaii.  Sally thought the trip didn't take long at all but wasn't at all fascinated by the tropical paradise.  Suzy was thinking that she wanted to go get an ice cold smoothie from the beach.  Sally was thinking about how much she was already board with the place and just wanted to go home.  Although Sally and Suzy disagreed a lot about Hawaii they both were glad to be there with each other.

Third Person Limited Omniscient:

Suzy and Sally took a trip to Hawaii.  Sally startedlooking out at the ocean blue.  Suzy thought about taking a dip in the water to cool off.  Sally went and got a noddle and hopped in the water.  Suzy looked at the other people in the ocean and thought about whether they had came there on vacation too. 

Third Person Dramatic:

Suzy and Sally took a trip to Hawaii.  Sally started looking out at the ocean blue.  Suzy looked around at the people.  She said, "What a perfect time to be here at Hawaii."

Sally said, "I agree with you its a perfect time to be here with you at Hawaii!"

November Freewrite:

Do you play a sport or have a hobby that you couldn't live without?  Do you ever feel like if you didn't have that sport/hobby then you wouldn't be you?  This is exactly how I feel about my sport; cross country.  I run cross country and I know for so many reasons that I wouldn't be me without it.

If I didn't run cross country then...

1.) I wouldn't actually know the definition of hard work.

2.) I wouldn't have the family that supports me in everyway.

3.) I wouldn't have the best coaches in the world who have taught me many vauable life lessons.

4.) I wouldn't know how to run for my team and not for myself.

5.) I wouldn't know that I was capable of such acheivement.

6.) I wouldn't know that dreams do come true with dedication and commitment.

7.) My best friends wouldn't be my teammates.

8.) I wouldn't know running is more mental than it is physical.

9.) I wouldn't know the desire to want something so bad and to work as hard as possible to reach my goals.

10.) I wouldn't know in order to win you can't let your fears cike you out.

11.) I wouldn't know I could be a part of something bigger than myself.

12.) I wouldn't be me.

If you didn't have your sport(hobby) then what would you be like?

Jenny V

Miss Transue

English 5/7

24 October 2011

Which Would You Choose?

An unforgettable fish. A gorgeous girl. Many times in life we have a hard time deciding “which one”. Sometimes we make the right decision and other times we feel we have made the wrong decision and regret our decisions. I recently read the story “The Bass, the River and Shelia Mant”. In the short story by W.D Wetherall the narrator makes a bad decision by choosing a girl he had a crush on over an unforgettable fish.

Shelia Mant is a self centered prep and the narrator deserved better than her. Shelia Mant is a self-centered prep because when they were in the row boat on their date there was an extra paddle but she didn’t bother to notice it. Shelia made the narrator do all of the paddling in the row boat and cared about herself only. Also the narrator deserves better than Shelia Mant because she left him in the end anyways. In the end of the story Shelia danced with the narrator for a couple of dances but then she told him she was leaving with Eric Caswell. Another reason that Shelia Mants stereotype could be a prep is because she talked about herself only. In the story it says “There was an extra paddle in the bow, but Shelia made no move to pick it up.” Shelia would rather do something for herself than anyone else’s.

Some people may think that the narrator made a good decision by choosing the girl over the fish. They may think this because at least she took the time out of her life to give the narrator a chance and go out on a date with him. Also while they were on the date she also dances with the narrator a couple of times. Although Shelia Mant did take the time to go on a date with him and took the time to dance with him on the date she didn’t do it for him. Shelia Mant went on the date for herself not for him. The whole time while they were on the date she talked about herself. Although there is reasons that the narrator made a good decision about choosing the girl over the fish there are more on why it was a bad decision.

In the end the narrator realized just like there are other fish in the sea there would be other Shelia Mants in his life but none like the one he almost had. The narrator also realized that although there would be many girls like Shelia Mant in his life he would never get the chance to catch a fish like the one that he had almost caught with Shelia. Also Shelia left the narrator in the end anyways and the narrator realized that he deserved better than her. In the short story it says “but the memory of that loss bass haunted me all summer and haunts me still.” The narrator made a bad decision because he knew there would never be a fish like the one he saw that day.

Now think of a time you’ve made a decision you regret making. Think of a time you’ve made a decision you don’t regret making. Shelia Mant was a prep and the narrator deserved better. The narrator also realized that in the end she left him in the end. The narrator made a bad decision by choosing the girl over the big bass.

Works Cited:

Wetherell, W. D. "The Bass, The River, and Sheila Mant" Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers. Logan, IO: Perfection Learning, 2008. 4-10. Print.

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 05:28 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

A dog named BOY!!!

Have you ever felt that feeling of satisfaction in your heart.  The feeling like you've done something special for someone and you couldn't ask for more.  That was the feeling I felt when I found Boy!  During the summer my sister and I just got a new four-wheeler and decied to take it for a ride around the block. 

On the ride we saw a adorable black dog wagging his tail and in need of a friend.  He looked lonley and helpless; so we decied to take him home knowing dad would not approve.  We fed its hungry stomach and brought it inside.  Then when my dad got home I had no clue what to do.  I told him exactly what happened and hoped for the best response which is what I got! We were allowed to keep him! 

Boy fit him so we called him Boy.  He's the funniest dog ever; one day he ran all the way up to the school while my dad was at work and went into the cafateria.  Although he gets himself into trouble he has a great sense of humor and is the friendliest and happiest dog in the whole wide world.  The day I found Boy was the best day ever and it all happened with the feeling of making a change in my heart.

Jenny

Science 2nd

Mr. Woolcock

13 October, 2011

Mousetrap Racer final write-up

To succeed at the task at hand takes failures to learn from; a lot of contemplating and thinking; and working to the best of your ability. The mouse trap racer that me and my partner designed for science class was made with all of those thing. Success is what our mousetrap racer has shown and with much experimenting has proved to be a good car because of the design, best but also worst parts and the overall satisfaction with the car. Our racers performance went really well and I am happy with how it turned out.

The final design of our project was similar and different from our original design. One thing similar was what we used to construct the car. We used four Cd's for the wheels, the wooden frame, the mousetrap, the lever arm and the fishing line. It was also the same because of the way we wanted it to run. Basically the main design of our original plan was the same as our final design. Although many things were the same there were also many changes we made from our first design such as, how we were planning on setting it off, and the Cd acting as the bumper. We were planning on setting off the Cd with putting a piece of tape around the fishing line when it was all winded up then lifting it up with a pence when we were ready; instead we just simple set the mousetrap off. Also instead of using the Cd to act as a bumper for the final project but to have it bump off the wall then react and keep going. One more change was we made was shortening the lever arm for more speed. Those are the similarities from our first plan to our final plan and some changes we made it make the car successful.

There were also some best and worst parts about our racer. The best part would be our finished project. With all of the changes we made our car could consistently complete the course; had good speed; good reaction time to the 90 degree turn and made it into the finish and could also complete the course with two 3in high ramps in the beginning of the course and the end of the course. We were very pleased with the way our car works. The worst parts about our car is that it is a little bit fragile and its not very eye appealing. It's fragile because sometimes our front wheels get locked because of the straws so we must always make sure they aren't locked before racing it. Also the car is bland and could use much creativity and color. I would change how fragile our car is and also would change the non eye appealing look. One more thing I would've done differently is make it more creative. Those are the best/worst parts of our car and what I would've changed.

If I could assign myself a grade for this project I would probably give myself somewhere around a 95%. I would give myself this grade because our car is very successful but its not perfect. Our car completed the course multiple times and also completed the course with both ramps in the course. It's also strong and wouldn't break while doing the course. Also it has a lot of speed to finish the course strong. Some weaknesses bout our car is that it’s not very creative and doesn't have any color to it yet. Although that variable is easily changeable. Also even though it has speed to get over the ramps I wish it had more so we wouldn't worry about it getting stuck and losing energy. That is why I would give myself some where around a 95% on this project.

This project was a fun project but also a great way to help me learn about energy, friction, simple machines, structural component, and design. This project also helped me learn about the science components we first wrote about. I think our car is very successful and I can wait to see how it will do for the finals!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 05:17 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 41

Pay attention to me!

Pets are a great thing to have and can always keep you good company no matter what.  They can always put a smile on your face when you’re in a bad mood and are"a man’s best friend."  Dogs are one of the greatest and friendliest pets to have.  Dogs would definitely make the best domestic animal because they are very friendly, always protective, and super cute! 

You're at home cooking a nice Christmas dinner for your whole family with the quiet of the snow and the fire burning makes the house a comfortable setting in the country.  You’re at home bustling around getting last minute groceries and lose the most important ingredient trying to cross the busy walk way in the city!  This is a perfect example of why raising a family in rural setting is a better choice than in the city.  The rural area is a better place to raise a family in because there is less chance of getting into trouble, it’s a great area to grow up in, and its more open and quiet than other places.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries