Copyright (c) 2014 by Megyn S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Megyn S -- Blogmeister

Megyn's Blog-

by Megyn S teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 06:13 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 116

Just For Fun 

The One for Me

By: Me

I’m sorry for what I said to you

I’m sorry for all the things I didn’t do

I want you to know that I love you

With more than my whole heart

And nothing can ever break us apart

I know I’ve said these words before

But I mean them now more than ever

I don’t want to lose you

For stupid things I chose not to do

I want to be with you forever

Until the lights burn out in this city

And the earth comes crashing down

I hear your voice in my dreams

And it keeps me going whenever I feel like giving up

You build me up so I’m higher than the clouds

But you keep me grounded like the dirt beneath our feet

When I look up into the night sky

I know those are the same stars that you see

And I know you will always be the one for me

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 04:37 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 43

May Freewrite

In the moment! Don’t we all love to live in the moment? Living in the moment is so thrilling, and it makes you forget the bad in the world. It’s little moments like this that we all live for.

Little Moments

By: Megyn

Time really flies by

When you’re having

The time of your life

When you’re so in love it’s crazy

And all you want to do

Is be with your baby

In his arms

Late at night

And in the early morning light

See the sun rise in the east

And watch it set in the west

It’s moments like these

You’ll never forget

Time is merely a figment of ones imagination

For if you forget about it

It doesn’t really exist

Love is a made up game of the heart

But if you’re smart

You can win

And live happily ever after again

Dear Freshy Letter

Dear Freshman,

First I would like to say do not let freshman year intimidate you. I am sure you have heard people say that this was their worst year of high school, but it is only your worst year if you let it be. Let the drama roll around you, and be sure not to create any of your own. If your friends stop talking to you do not go around spreading awful rumors about them. You will regret it! Also if your “friend” goes around and starts spreading rumors about you do not feel bad when you decide they are not worth keeping around. Drama is not worth your time.

I would also like to say do not get behind in your school work. When you get your first few assignments it may seem overwhelming, but just get them done to the best of your ability. If you fall behind catch up quickly because the assignments will just keep coming. Another thing, make sure that you complete your assignments well. Do not just do them to get them done. In the long run it will pay off. Grades are important. Not only to pass the year, but to help you in the future. Getting into college will be easier, and even if you do not go to college you need a high school diploma for every other job out there.  

If you are an athlete school needs to come first. Regardless of how much you love, and are dedicated to your sport. Your sport will not mean anything if you cannot play it. Also if you play sports you may get out of classes occasionally for games and/or meets. Make sure to get the work you are going to miss before you head out. You must stay up to speed with the rest of your peers. Plus if you know you are going to be missing classes ask one of your friends that are not in a sport, to let you know about the work. This is your year to find out who you are and where you stand in this school! Make this the BEST year of your high school career. Stay away from all the drama; get your school work done on time and to the best of your ability, and good luck with your future!!

Sincerely,

Megyn

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:39 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 72

Sing it Out!

“O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?” There are the Romeo and Juliet we all know from the play by Shakespeare. Then there are the Romeos and Juliets of the world that are referred to in songs of love. Most music artists use the names Romeo and Juliet when speaking of a boy and girl who are in love. However the relationship between the Shakespearean Romeo and Juliet and the music world Romeo and Juliet are slightly different. The song “My Kind of Party” by Jason Aldean uses the names Romeo and Juliet, and it is crucial to determine whether the allusion is correctly representing the two characters.

The song I chose makes a reference to Romeo and Juliet. Romeo, in the Shakespearean play, is depicted as a young man of about sixteen who is lovesick over a girl he does not know. The Romeo in this song is displayed as “your Redneck Romeo.” The Juliet in Shakespeare is a kind, young lady of about fourteen who falls for a boy she has barely met. The Juliet from this splendid song is said to be “my tan-legged Juliet.”

The question is how accurate are these depictions? This “redneck Romeo” is not the proper type whereas the boy from Shakespeare happens to be. The depiction is also true because like the Shakespeare Romeo this music world Romeo sneaks away to see his Juliet.  This depiction of Juliet is false because regardless of her skin tone the song says nothing about Juliet’s age or personality as the Shakespearean play does.

Like other famous works of literature the names of the characters Romeo and Juliet are used as names of lovers in many songs. In the song “My Kind of Party” by Jason Aldean there is a reference to Romeo and Juliet. The question proposed was whether the reference was accurate or not. This song had several false references but also a few correct references. That is the interpretation of this song that I had.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 05:03 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 48

There is always someone in our life that we look up to. For some of us, like me, it's a secret. 

That One Girl

You're so inspiring

the way you write

the way you read

you're everything I want to be

each day you walk into school

with an I don't care attitude

I know underneath that beautiful smile

and your not so perfect skin

is a battle scarred heart

with guards barring the entrance

so you don't let anyone in

you're so different from the status quo

underneath that's my goal

people say I have the looks

the body

the brains

but inside I'm dieing to get away

life isn't easy

you've told me that before

it wasn't easy

the day he walked out that door

we haven't found someone to replace him yet

but we're still trying to mend our hearts

every once in a while

I can't help but fall apart

I've seen you fall apart some days

but everyone has those days

you get up

brush yourself off

and move on the next day

or so it seems

I know on the inside you're dieing too

that's the thing about you

you're so guarded

but you're so brave

I don't know how you put on

that beautiful smile every day

me

I'm always dieing inside

and on the outside

I cry

you're so inspiring

one day I hope you find someone

someone who makes you soar so high

that there will never be another low

in your life

March Freewrite

Do you have a friend that you know you absolutely could not live without? I know I do. I have this friend, and her name is Breanna. However, I call her Breeseff! Bre is an amazing person. She is really funny, and even though she does not act it sometimes she is really smart too.

If you are ever having a bad day, go to Bre and she will make it all better. She knows how to make you laugh and smile and have a better day. Having the worst day of your life? Breeseff will make you not have a care in the world. You will forget why you were having such a terrible day.

Next year she plans on playing field hockey with me. I know that will make me enjoy the fall sports season all that much more. I know she is going to be a great field hockey player. If she ever needs help with her skills I plan on being there with a helping hand.

If I ever wanted to be someone else for a day I would want to be her. She makes so many people happy every day. Not only that, she is such an upbeat person. She rarely ever has a bad day. Even if she does she does not ever take her frustration out on anyone. I love when I make people smile, and Bre does it every day. Breeseff is the best friend anyone could ever have. I am so thankful for having a friend like Bre.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Today's news cast is brought to you by bell peppers inc. It is to inform you of how my friends are linked to different kinds of peppers.

Breanna: My friend Bre is the orange pepper. Orange is her favorite color, and she is bright and exciting just like the orange pepper.

Merrick: Merrick is best like a yellow pepper because he is fun and exotic. His personality is bright just like the color of the yellow pepper.

Bobbi: Bobbi is like the red pepper. She spicy on the outside, but fun and juicy on the inside.

Kayla: My friend Kayla is like the green pepper because she is spunky and upbeat. She's always laughing and having fun.

My friends are like different kinds of peppers. Bre is orange, Merrick is yellow, Bobbi is red and Kayla is green. What kind of pepper is your friends like? 

True love is something not everyone in the world finds. Sure when you’re young you think you’re in love, and maybe you are. However for some people it’s not their true love. It is just someone they have found to keep them occupied as they get closer and closer to their true love. Some people refer to their true love as their soul mate.  According to Greek Mythology: The first humans were created with four arms, legs, and eyes, and two noses and mouths. Afraid of their power, Zeus split them in half, leaving them to find the other half of themselves… these people are called our soul mates. When you find your soul mate you will truly be complete.

Have you ever been in love? The first time you find someone who likes you for who you are you feel like nothing else in the world matters. You think it must be the best thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe you’re the type of person to try your very hardest to make it work. Maybe you’re the type of person who just acts like themselves and says if you don’t like what you see then I guess you aren’t worth being with, or maybe you play it off all cool like you don’t care what others think when really each time you look in the mirror you find something to change about yourself because you just want everything to be perfect.

A Thousand Years

By: Christina Perri

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

(Chorus)

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still

Beauty I know she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything

Take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath, every hour has come to this

One step closer

(Chorus)

I have died everyday

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer One step closer

(Chorus)

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Sometimes love does not work out the way you want it to the first time. You find someone who you accept flaws and all, but they aren’t as accepting as you are so it just doesn’t work out. For some people, you admire someone for so long, and you truly, deeply like them, but they don’t notice you for so long that once they fall for you too you cannot even believe it. True love is hard to find, and for some people it takes longer than others to find it. Don’t worry about finding “the one” if you’re only in high school. You have your whole life ahead of you. Just think of all the people you haven’t met yet.

A reader response theorist would celebrate the movie Johnny.

One reason they would celebrate this text is because this movie is emotional. It makes you feel something when you watch it. The main character has cancer, and he gets adopted several months before his predicted death. While he is living in his new home he has a sister and they go to the beach, and they have a good time. While those characters are smiling you are too because you feel for the boy. He does not have much time left and he is enjoying his life.

Another reason a reader response theorist would like this text is because they love stories you can connect to. This movie is a perfect example of that. Perhaps you know someone, or are related to someone who has cancer. There are times in the movie when the young boy is crying when he finds out just how short the rest of his life is said to be. You find yourself crying right along with him because you have grown attached to the character, and you do not want him to die.

Therefore, Johnny, is a text that a reader response theorist would celebrate.

Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.