Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily P -- Blogmeister

emily's blog-

by Emily P teacher: Melanie Transue

You are dating someone who nobody likes. Everyone tells you your boyfriend/girlfriend isn't going to be worth your time. They try and change your mind. This is what I think of when I hear the song "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings.

They use a reference to Romeo and Juliet by saying Juliet in the song. The lyrics do express the play Romeo and Juliet. “Check yes Juliet Are you with me Rain is falling down on the sidewalk
I won't go until you come outside” this is saying that Romeo is waiting for Juliet. That’s what it says in the book. Another example of how “check yes Juliet” relates to the book is that the song says “I'll be waiting wishing wanting yours for the taking just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye”. Juliet really wants to run away to Romeo in the play.

Does this song really interpret Romeo and Juliet the play? I would say it does. The play is about a guy Romeo and a girl Juliet. They fall in love very fast. Everyone tells Juliet that she deserves better and Romeo is a bad guy. Juliet doesn’t listen to them she listens to her heart. The same went for Romeo. “Run baby run, don't ever look back They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be Run baby run, forever will be You and me” In the song it basically said the same thing. That people will always want them not to be together. Don’t throw away what we have because it only comes once in awhile.

Are the references that accurate? The song does have a very good reference of how the play and the song are the same. It also has things that are not in the play that happen to “Juliet”. This is how I interpreted the song “check yes Juliet” by We the Kings.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM • comment (2) • Reads 73 • see all articles