Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily P -- Blogmeister

emily's blog-

by Emily P teacher: Melanie Transue

Bam! The phone rings. It’s my best friend Bre. She wants to know if I can hangout with her today. I said yeah I will be at your house in like ten minutes. I was very hyper that day. We went and danced in the street. Then it started to rain and we went and played in the rain. It was quite an exciting day.

The next day I went over we went tanning all day. Bre and I love to go tanning. Then at night we sit on her porch and look at stars and talk. We name the weird people in meshoppen that walk by next day we hung out with Rodger and EJ. We had a water balloon fight. It was so much fun.

After that we played manhunt. I was running to home base and I got close-lined in the stomache by Bre’s dog’s chain. It hurt so badly. Everyone laughed at me. We had a very interesting weekend. This is the adventures of Breanna and Emily.

Dear Freshmen,

Congrats you’re in high school! You all might think that you are the big bad kids now but you’re really not. You’re the youngest kids in high school. This is a big time in your life. You get to pick out what your career is going to be. Freshmen year is kind of fun.

Make sure you do all your work on time. That’s the hardest part of freshmen year. The teachers say this is due in two weeks. It’s better to get the work done early so you don’t forget about it. Some people say that freshmen year is hard but i thought it was pretty easy.

Have fun and enjoy it. It only comes once and someday you’re going to miss it. Remember get your work done early it helps.

Sincerely Emily

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 66

You are dating someone who nobody likes. Everyone tells you your boyfriend/girlfriend isn't going to be worth your time. They try and change your mind. This is what I think of when I hear the song "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings.

They use a reference to Romeo and Juliet by saying Juliet in the song. The lyrics do express the play Romeo and Juliet. “Check yes Juliet Are you with me Rain is falling down on the sidewalk

I won't go until you come outside” this is saying that Romeo is waiting for Juliet. That’s what it says in the book. Another example of how “check yes Juliet” relates to the book is that the song says “I'll be waiting wishing wanting yours for the taking just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye”. Juliet really wants to run away to Romeo in the play.

Does this song really interpret Romeo and Juliet the play? I would say it does. The play is about a guy Romeo and a girl Juliet. They fall in love very fast. Everyone tells Juliet that she deserves better and Romeo is a bad guy. Juliet doesn’t listen to them she listens to her heart. The same went for Romeo. “Run baby run, don't ever look back They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be Run baby run, forever will be You and me” In the song it basically said the same thing. That people will always want them not to be together. Don’t throw away what we have because it only comes once in awhile.

Are the references that accurate? The song does have a very good reference of how the play and the song are the same. It also has things that are not in the play that happen to “Juliet”. This is how I interpreted the song “check yes Juliet” by We the Kings.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

April FreeWrite

Have you ever thought about people in different city's/countries? I never did until I went on vacation. I went to a lot of different islands and met a lot of nice people. If you haven't been out of the United States I would recommend it. The oceans are clear blue and so pretty. You can see your shadow right in the water it is amazing.

Another thing is that people are a lot nicer then they are in the United States. They were all so outgoing and kind. It was extremely warm and nice. The only thing I didn't like is that some of the people were really poor. When you see people that are like that you start to think how lucky you are. How you have a house and food. How you can go to school. How you can have anything you want. You start wondering how you have it so good. Why those nice loving people have it so bad.

I think everyone should realize what they have. They should be proud of what they have. People should realize that what they have is better than some people ever have. This is just something to think about before you say your life is bad. It could be a lot worse.

Have you ever wanted to describe you friends or peers in a funny but serious way? That is what I will be doing for my blog.

Breanna reminds me of Sweetish Fish because she is nice and cares about people and no matter what she is there for you. Sweetish Fish are good and they stay around a long time because there so gummy.

Sommar reminds me of Sour Patch Kids because sommar is crazy and she does the weirdest things and doesn’t care. Sour Patch Kids are crazy because they are sour and sweet at the same time and are weird just like Sommar.

Jessica reminds me of Chocolate because Chocolate is nice and everyone likes it. Jessica is nice and everyone seems to like her.

Sam reminds me of Nerds because she everyone loves nerds and they are small. Everyone likes Sam and Sam is short.

Hailey reminds me of Whoppers because she plays basketball and Whoppers look like basketballs.

This is why/how my friends remind me of candy.

This is how I would explain Feminism. First, Feminism can have a million examples. The example of feminism I chose is the song “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.” A feminist would celebrate.

First, this is an example of feminism because it’s saying how girls need to have their own lives and live it right. For example in the song it says “some boys take a beautiful girl, and hide her away from the rest of the world." This is saying that some guys take the most beautiful girls and don’t let them do anything. The girls want to just have fun like the boys. This is my example of feminism.

Second, example a feminist would celebrate is “Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge.” ~Andrea Dworkin People don’t think women are brave/strong enough to provide for themselves. They don’t think that women can do big things because they think the big adventures should be left to the men.

Last, this is how a feminist would celebrate..

February free write

One summer night Breanna, Sommar, and I took a walk. We walked around the camp and it was pitch black and scary. We saw something move in the bushes! Sommar yelled, “Oh my God a bear."

We ran as fast as we could to the bathroom. We called Sommar's dad (the security guard of the camp) to come see what was in the bushes. It happened to be some camper’s dog! We were looking for all day!

We decided to go night swimming! The water was warmer than it was during the day. We met some new campers. We hung out with them all night.

When the next day came we ended up sleeping at Sommar’s house. We made pancakes and bacon. We ate and ate! We realized that are friends were leaving the campground that night so we had to go say good bye. It was a very sad day but we got their phone numbers and were going to hang out with them again sometime soon.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 47

This is my January blog

Emily

Miss Melanie Transue

9CP English E-5

6January2012

Dark?

Have you ever met a kid with a dark personality? That always wants to do bad things? That you can’t believe drags his friend down with him? That’s how I would describe Jim. Jim is a character in the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. He is always doing things that are wicked, Gets into trouble, and makes his best friend do inadequate things with him.

First, I would say Jim is doing wicked things because in the book it says “you going to nail up the rod or aren’t you? No smiled Jim why spoil all the fun?”(Bradbury 10). That is just an inconsiderate thing to say. Another thing “with the lightning rod nailed to the roof will proud and Jim ashamed of what he considered mutual cowardness” (Bradbury 10). Its even worse that Jim feels that way. His friend was just trying to help Jim make the right decision. Another example I have of Jim doing something wicked is when will ( Jims best friend) says “Jim look you don’t give a darn about Miss. Foley or what’s in her house”(Bradbury 83) Will said this to Jim to put him in his put Jim in his place. I can understand why some people think Jim is nice he helped will throughout the book but look at all the things he didn’t do for everyone else.

Second, Jim gets into trouble all the time. He gets in trouble for many things throughout the book. I only picked three examples out of the book. The first example is when Jim and will were walking home. “Jim breaks two windows in the haunted house” (Bradbury 18). Second, Jim gets caught sneaking out of his house by wills dad Mr. Holloway (Bradbury 129). The third example I have is when Jim “Sneaking out to the lake” (Bradbury 130). I could understand how some people could say that all kids get into trouble. Not that many kids walk by and throw rocks at old haunted houses and break the windows and all the stuff like that that Jim does. It’s not something “normal” fourteen year old kids do. I mean think about it Jim really is a wicked kid.

Last, Jim makes his friend will do inadequate things with him. My first example is when “Jim breaks two windows in the haunted house because Wills along, will breaking one window instead of none because Jim is watching” (Bradbury 18). Also in chapter 51 Jim gets on the carrousel and will tries to pull Jim off and Jim pulls will on instead of letting will help him. Throughout the book the kids are getting chased by a carnival because of Jim. I could understand why some people would say that will had a chose not to go or do those things with Jim but there only fourteen. When your fourteen and you have a best friend you do practically everything together.

That is why I think Jim is always doing wicked things, gets into trouble, and makes his best friend do inadequate things with him.

How does Charles Halloway handle Jed when he runs up to him?