Copyright (c) 2014 by Mackenzie J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mackenzie J -- Blogmeister

Kenzies Blog-

by Mackenzie J teacher: Melanie Transue

The timeless tale of Romeo and Juliet is used in many stories, poems, and even songs to show and express love between two people, accurately or not. I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

First, the song “Love Story” depicts the girl and the boy in the story as young people in love. The first line in the song says “We were both young when I first saw you.” Also another line from the song says “That you were Romeo you were throwing pebbles”, which means he was her true love and he was trying to get her attention.

The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift describes the people in the song being in love at their first sight at a party at the girl’s house. When Romeo and Juliet first met Juliet’s parents were throwing a party that Romeo attended and when Romeo first saw Juliet he instantly fell in love.  Also it says they meet each other in the girl’s garden after the party also like Romeo and Juliet did.

In conclusion that is why I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM • comment (4) • Reads 73 • see all articles