Copyright (c) 2014 by Mackenzie J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mackenzie J -- Blogmeister

Kenzies Blog-

by Mackenzie J teacher: Melanie Transue

May Free Write

Dear new Freshys!

Summer's gone and you’re 9th grade year is just beginning. Two words Good Luck! Freshmen year can be one of the most exciting years in High School you have so many new things to look forward to like Homecoming, Varsity sports, Pep rallies, and senior high field day. It could also be very stressful with different classes that you choose at the end of 8th grade.

In this crazy new experience, in order to be successful my number one advice is, do your homework! If you do your home work you shockingly are prepared for any tests or quizzes that you might have. The tests you have in 9th grade are more of a challenge than any test you took in 8th. The Second piece of advice I have is take good notes they help too!

In conclusion make this year fun and successful. It’s a lot more fun when you don’t have to worry about grades and tests so be prepared! Good luck this year new Freshys!

~Kenzie Jones

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:35 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:38 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 79

The timeless tale of Romeo and Juliet is used in many stories, poems, and even songs to show and express love between two people, accurately or not. I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

First, the song “Love Story” depicts the girl and the boy in the story as young people in love. The first line in the song says “We were both young when I first saw you.” Also another line from the song says “That you were Romeo you were throwing pebbles”, which means he was her true love and he was trying to get her attention.

The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift describes the people in the song being in love at their first sight at a party at the girl’s house. When Romeo and Juliet first met Juliet’s parents were throwing a party that Romeo attended and when Romeo first saw Juliet he instantly fell in love.  Also it says they meet each other in the girl’s garden after the party also like Romeo and Juliet did.

In conclusion that is why I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 66

Voice Recorder >>

Reader Response: Constructed Response

A person who is a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree and because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story.

First a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree because the main character Harry Potter has trouble making friends at first. When Harry first met Hermione he thought she was a brainy kid until they started finding things they had in common.  Also a reader response theorist would celebrate Draco Malfoy, Harry’s social enemy throughout Harry’s time at Hogwarts.  Harry and Draco always were butting heads throughout school, but Draco helped shaped Harry’s strenuous journey.

Also a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story like Harry’s conflict with Voldmort. Voldmort was the whole reason Harry became famous thus giving Harry a conflict and a journey.  

In conclusion that is why a reader response theroist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree and because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story.

February

Nature is one of the many unbalanced forces on the Earth. mostly because it is depleating do to people that live on the Earth, there are oil spils in the ocean causeing animals sicknesses and other problems around the world. We have only one Earth I think we should appreciate it.

Nature

Nature is pure and spreads when it grows

But is it still growing, is it the same we know

From the pure ocean spray on the face of the land

To the rain drops falling from the sky into the palm of my hand

Tumble weeds race across the desert plain

The crisp taste of spring air each year the same

Winter, the time of year snowflakes fall so crystal clear

To new wild flowers that bloom in the spring each year  

Birds that soar in the wind, so free, so high

Aren’t much different than trees on the ground reaching for the sky

There are wolves that howl toward the moon

And caterpillars sleeping in their snug cocoons

Wild flowers that grow in the spring

Accompany the beautiful birds that sing

Nature can be beautiful in all these way

In others though they did not stay

The ocean is contaminated with oil puddles

As the tumble weeds caught in the trash befuddled

The trees reaching the sky are brought to their knees

As the song birds get sick and wheeze

We can help save the land

But the choice is in our hands.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

How did Mr. Halloway kill the Dust Witch when doing the bullet trick?

December Freewrite

It's time for a snowball fight!!  Finally December is here which means winter is almost here and Christmas is in a few weeks! You know its winter when the leaves have all dropped from their trees. The days are getting shorter, and its getting colder. When winter officially comes there will be snow on the ground, ice on the lakes and a cool breeze in the air. Winter is a little kid’s favorite time of the year there is all sorts of fun things to do like sleigh riding down steep hills. When I was younger my brothers and sisters made huge snowballs the size of round bales. To make the giant snow balls we would roll smaller snowballs in our yard and then push them down the big hill in front of our house. If they didn’t break apart they would be the size of hay bale.

In December everyone around is getting ready for their winter holiday like Christmas. Getting the tree around, hanging the lights, and knowing the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas is a time of giving to others and helping those who need help the most. Every year around Christmas time we make cookies and decorate our Christmas tree. We also would go Christmas caroling to different people’s houses. When we go Christmas caroling we go to elderly people homes with our church, sing and give them baskets of food. I think that is one of my favorite things about winter the Christmas spirit!

[LINK]

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 05:19 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 77

In Chapter 35 Mr. Dark asked Mr. Halloway to identify the boys. When Mr. Halloway lied to Mr. Dark about there identity Mr. Dark said he already knew their names. How did he already know their names?

Why do the carnival people want to capture Will and Jim so badly?