Copyright (c) 2014 by Briana D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Briana D -- Blogmeister

Have Faith In Me<3(:-

by Briana D teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear Freshy,

Ha so I’m guessing you think that 9th grade is going to be the best grade ever huh? You’re finally not “the little kids”. Think again it is pure torture, ha just kidding it’s actually not too bad of a grade. It’ll be a great year, on one condition, you do your work!

The teachers are okay, as long as you do things their way of course. Algebra/geometry, don’t get any easier, along with the other classes work. If you’re a procrastinator you might want to get help with that problem because it won’t be too good to have in 9th grade.

This year of high school will most definitely bring some amazing and funny memories. You finally get to have prep rallies and all that cool stuff. As of 9th grade you actually officially the year you really get to consider your future and what you want to do. Everything counts. Do your best and I wish you good luck with this grade; I know I needed it.  

Sincerely, Briana

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 58

My Best Friend :D

Have you ever had a TERRIBLE day and thought to yourself, man who could I go talk to about this? Have you ever had someone you think you can’t go a day without? Have you ever thought you fell in love with your BESTFRIEND? I’ve been in love with one of my best guy friends since I was in the 6th grade, I can go to him with EVERYTHING. No matter if its problems about boys, problems at home or anything. I can’t go one day without talking to him. This person means A LOT to me, he’s been there for me through thick and thin. This boy is absolutely one of my favorite people in this world. 

The day I met him, I disliked him a lot because he wanted to try to get to know me and at the time I didn’t want anyone to know me. Sad and weird but very true.  I’ve grown to absolutely love this boy. When he and I are around each other it’s nothing but laughs and a fun time. He’s so funny, and has an amazing voice; he’s a very talented person. He listens and understands me, when no one else does. He knows me better than I know myself. He can tell if I’m sad even if I was trying to be happy. He knows me inside and out. If I need him, no matter what time at night or in the morning it is, he will be there.

Not only is this boy my best friend he’s also me boyfriend. Hopefully everyone has someone in their life like him, even if it’s not their boyfriend/girlfriend; it’s great to have someone there and to care for you.

Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.

Curiosity Kills the Cat

Everyone has different personalities. Some people could be nice. Others could be smart. In the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, one of the main characters Jim has many personality traits such as; daring, curious, and has an evil appearance.

Jim is a curious child. The first time Jim demonstrated curiosity was in chapter 12 when he decided to “snoop” around the carnival at night and was peeking in on the night time carnival set up. Also in chapter 12 when Jim and Will first got the idea to watch the men set up Jim said “you think they mind us watching” (Bradbury 52). As they were watching they were more intrigued in watching the men set it up, that they did not even think to get caught or not. In chapter 16 Jim got the nerve to go into the Mirror Maze. The Mirror Maze, is magical for instance depending on the mirror you see yourself in it could make you look either younger or older. Also, him trying to find out more about this "out of order carousel" by sneaking past the sign, definitely showed Jim to be a wondering person. Some people may think that the magical carousel does not make him curious but ignoring an out of order sign proves he is curious. Jim must not know the famous saying curiosity kills the cat.

Jim has a daring side to him. Right in the beginning of the book Jim takes down the lightning rod. When Will asks Jim to put the rod up Jim said “why spoil all the fun?”(Bradbury 10). That's quite devious because, if a storm comes it could electrocute his whole house and damage it badly. Also, knowing that Robert, Miss Foley the teacher's nephew is "evil" Jim still went to go find him in Miss Foley's house. Lastly, when Jim officially went on the carousel and got older after seeing that it killed Robert, shows that Jim didn't care the result of him going on, and shows that he is impulsive on his actions. Others could argue that, going on the carousel doesn’t make Jim daring, it just simply makes him want to go on a carousel, but he knew that it was magical and yet he still went on it.

Jim was born on Halloween, which I think makes him evil, which means he has an evil appearance. Symbolically the wild and darkness of his hair in this story was "bad" which I think is evil. His attitude shows him to be sort of evil too; the book said "he put a dry blade of grass causally in his mouth" Jim’s body language in this quote shows he thinks he's better than everyone else. Lastly, his eyes. In the book it said that they were "mint-rock crystal green" (Bradbury 6). Just because he was born that way does not mean he is evil, but then again he was born on Halloween.

Jim is a very multi-personality person, just like a lot of people. Jim unlike other people though he is a curious, devious, and evil person. He is a "dark" person; he does things in an evil way.

How did Mr. Dark die, and when?

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 05:26 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 89

Question about the book Something Wicked This Way Comes:

After reading the chapter about Miss Foley getting turned into a little girl, would you have believed her that she was really Miss Foley?

Why do you think Jim is so fascinated by the carnival, but Will is not?

November Free Write.

Lil Wayne♥

Lil Wayne's childhood, like many rap and hip hop singers, was far from perfect. Born as Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. on September 27, 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana to Dwayne Michael Turner and Jacinda Carter. Now Dwayne is known as Lil Wayne and Weezy F. Baby. As a child Wayne grew up without a father due to his father abandoning him and his mother in a crime fulfilled town of Hollygrove, New Orleans. A while after his father left Wayne’s mom met Reginald "Rabbit" McDonald, who became his step father. Years after “Rabbit” moved the family out of Hollygrove to East New Orleans.

By that time, Lil Wayne began to find interest in hip hop and rap music. Just as he turned the age of eleven, Lil Wayne got the opportunity to sign up with Cash Money, being the Records' youngest rapper. After a year of signing the contract, Wayne almost took his life in an incident that not only shocked me but many others. He accidentally shot himself in the chest with his step father’s gun after doing that he was put on life support for two weeks. The bullet was two inches from his heart.

After recovering from his accident Wayne and Lil Doggie Formed a group called The B.G.z, with this group Lil Wayne only recorded and released one album, True Story (1995), which didn’t sell as they expected it to. It was about the time when Wayne had to drop out of the tenth grade due to his girlfriend getting pregnant. Wayne has four children his first child is Reginae Carter, second child is Dwayne Michael Cater III, his third child Cameron Carter, and his fourth child is Neal Cater.

Now-a-days Wayne is the main part of Young Money. “They” say he is the “president” of rap. The reason I decided to do my November free write on Lil Wayne is because he is my FAVORITE singer/ rapper, I’ve seen him in concert twice. He may not have had the best life or may not be the best person in the world, but his lyrics speak nothing but the truth and that’s the main thing I love with him.

I got all this information from http://www.aceshowbiz.com/celebrity/lil_wayne/biography.html.

November extra credit

“Finding Nemo Part 2 Briana’s Version”

The story I liked the most was "The Bass, The River, and Shelia Mant" by W.D Wetherell. In this story there is this boy and he really likes this girl and he was on a date with her but forgot to take his fishing stuff out of the boat. He ended up catching a bass but he let it go because the girl he was with, Shelia Mant, didn’t like fishing and he wanted her to think that he wasn’t all that into fishing. The narrator is desperate some may think that Shelia Mant is not snobby but she really is. The narrator and Shelia Mant both had different stereo types.

The narrator could be stereo typed as desperate. It seems to me that he is desperate because in the story it said that he swam laps around Shelia Mant to get her to notice him (Wetherell). Also, on page 4 when they were on the boat the narrator said "What I should have done, of course, was push the canoe in closer to shore and carefully slid the rod into some branches.." in another words he was going to ditch his fishing equipment. Lastly he chose Shelia over something he loved to do and that was fishing. He had caught a bass on their boat ride on accident because he didn’t realize it was all set up for him to catch something, but he cut the line because he wanted Shelia to like him. Even if that meant cutting the line and letting go of the bass he later wished he never let go of.

Aside from my opinion others may think that Shelia wasn’t snobby nor self-centered. They may think maybe Shelia wanted the narrator to talk and that’s why she talked so much.  Also its plausible that the narrator wasn’t desperate he was just showing off like any other guy or girl would do now-a-days in front of someone they like. Shelia did give the narrator a chance and went on a date with him, plus she danced with him too. I understand how other's might stereo type Shelia Mant and the narrator, however when she kept talking she never asked him a question or even tried to involve him into the conversation. She also pretty much abandoned him at the end of the story for another boy.

Would you want to go on a date with some who is snobby and self-centered like Shelia Mant? In this story Shelia Mant can be classified a snobby and self-centered. She was very snotty about taking the boat because she’d rather take her dads car (pg 3). Shelia also didn’t give the narrator a chance to talk and when he did talk she merely ignored him. she was all wrapped up in herself when she was talking she was always saying I this or I that for example, on page 5 she was talking and she said, " I thought I should get an education first. I mean, it might be a while before I get started and all" as you can see Shelia Mant doesn’t seem like she had the best personality.

I liked this story the most because I could actually understand it and it relates to real life now and how most teens are now-a-days.  Though some may argue Shelia Mant showed to be both snotty and self-centered while the narrator mostly showed desperation in the story. As you can see the narrator and Shelia Mant both had completely different stereo types.