Copyright (c) 2014 by Augustine B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Augustine B -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Augustine B

teacher: Melanie Transue

A Marxist would celebrate the movie Little Orphan Annie.

A reason they would celebrate this movie is because in it says no mater how poor or rich you are you should always make the good choice. The movie shows this by showing the orphanage and how the lady that owns it is really mean but when Annie meets the rich man he greets her with open arms into his house. The rich man welcoming Annie and adopting her would be non-selfish with his money and is Marxism.

Another reason this movie is celebrated by Marxism is because the rich man is very non-selfish and gets Annie just about anything. Which shows that even though he did not know this girl the rich man was compassionate.

In conclusion, a Marxist would celebrate the movie Little Orphan Annie.

Do you know anything Kyler? Do you know his favorite activities? Kyler is one of my best friends and he gave me permission to write this. One of his best friends is Leonard Cordell. Kyler enjoys playing guitar and other instruments. Kyler tries to be good at skateboarding he can ride but that’s about it. Kyler had learned this summer his friend Cordell is coming this summer and he was in near tears because he could finally see him for the first time.

Enough about Cordell though this is Kyler. Kyler can be a good friend when he wants to be, but when we play black ops you never want to meet him lol. When we play black ops kyler is like a whole other person and he rages very badly at people. He use to have an afro but for some odd reason he shaved it. People said with his curly hair that he looked like R.J Burger only with smaller glasses and I thought so to.

Kyler can be very funny, he also laughs very easily. If you can say a good enough joke he can go on for hours and it’s hilarious. Kyler is very into scream music. Two of his favorite bands are I Set my Friends on Fire and Amyst. He also likes to practice screaming. He is very good at inward screeching and growling but he still needs practice with outward.

When he isn’t practicing his scream music, or listening to it he’s listening to Atmosphere or Mac Miller. Kyler loves watching all sports especially football. Kyler’s favorite football team is the Packer’s. He likes to watch the super bowl sometimes but he likes to party even more. Sometimes I invite people for party’s but it’s not a party without Kyler.

That is the sort of exciting story on Kyler DeGrote and I hope you to can meet a friend like him.

AJ

Miss Melanie Transue

9th Grade CP English B-2

6 January 2012

The Greatest theme in the World

Have you ever been to a carnival? Have you ever looked in the mirror and seen your future and past? Would you go on an age changing carousel? The theme that best fits the book something wicked this way comes would be a quote from a wise man that goes “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that’s why its called the present.”

For the beginning of the quote yesterday is history means to forget the past and live for today. Mr. Cooger was at a descent age but he wanted to be young and so he went onto the carousel but instead got older. It could be said that Mr. Cooger is not a good example for the past quote. To prove that the quote works is on page 101 where it says “In the pulse, the din … swirl of midnight dust”. That he goes onto the carousel. Also what deals with the past is when Miss Foley looks in the mirror and sees her past. Finally she gets on the carousel and gets younger.

For future of the quote means it should be unknown no one can tell the future and no one should be able to. Jim was looking in the mirror and saw himself as an older man. After seeing himself big he liked seeing it so he tried to get on the carousel but Will stopped him. Though once he started getting older he realized he didn’t really want it which is shown on page 266-267 last paragraph and beginning of next page “Jim’s palm slapped one brass pole… This time, Jim’s palm glued itself tight.” Though people think this to be true in the story Mr. Halloway see the ladder Jim and Will have and he doesn’t get mad which shows he loves his son. Finally it also says how Mr. Cooger as the nephew age rides on the carousel and becomes Mr. Electro.

Last but not least the end of the quote for present time. The quote says you should always cherish who you are no matter what age. Mr. Halloway is a great example for this because he lived his life the way he wanted to live it and he wouldn’t go back or want to get older. Some say that Mr. Halloway might not have liked his life the way it is and wanted to change it by becoming younger. Although this may be wrong I strongly suggested that Mr. Halloway loved his family and wouldn’t want to change it. On chapter 27 Mr. Halloway shows he loves his family because when Will and Jim showed him the ladder leading to will’s room Mr. Hallow just laughed and told them he did the same thing when he was their age. Wills mom was also happy because she loved her husband and her son and she didn’t know much about the carousel.

That is what I believe would be the best theme for Something wicked this way comes. The theme of time past present and future. The theme we should all go by to remember that it’s not always good to want to rush to the future or live in better times from the past. It’s about staying to the here and now and not worrying about what will happen or what was already done.

Works Cited

Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY: William Morrow, 1962.

Print.

part 3

Why did Will and Charles kill the witch?

part 2

Why was the witch chasing them?

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 03:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

Have you every had someone close to you die? How did it feel? Did you write a poem about it? This poem about a boy's mother who dies. He is very young and misses her. So here it is.

Hey mama I just wrote this causs I wanna let you know

that your little boy is succesful, his life is clear and its not full of snow

Don't think that I dont love ya

causs it hurts me when you dont know

It hurts me that you couldn't be here to watch me grow

and I know I didn't say that I loved you

on the day you had to go

There are so many things that I wish that I could show

But I know you are in heaven

smilin down on me to an throw

God! I wish you could come back

So I could hug you one last time

I hate having to pretend I feel just like a mime

always having to hug the air I think of you everytime

there also are so many things that I wish that we could do

And I know you love me to

But most of all I just want to say

just to say that I love you.

What in the story shows that Jim is the bad one?

3rd person Limited Omniscient - There once was a boy and girl named Jack and Jill. Jack being the oldest decided to go on an adventure. Jack and Jill went into the woods to go exploring but they found a trail of bread crumbs. They were curious and followed the crumbs to a house of candy. Jack made Jill go inside first and when they went inside their eyes sparkled from the sweets. Everything was candy and it was amazing. Jack went to sit down and when he looked at the chair it was a peppermint candy cane.

Then the mean witch that lived there came home and found them and told them if they didn’t leave she would eat them. Jack did not like this so he decided to persuade the witch. Jack’s amazing persuasive abilities helped him and Jill survive and they lived happily ever after eating witch flavored pie for the rest of their days.

3rd person omniscient - There once were a boy and girl named Jack and Jill. Jack being the oldest decided to go on an adventure and Jill thought it would be fun. Jack and Jill went into the woods to go exploring but they found a trail of bread crumbs. Jack was curious and followed the crumbs Jill wasn’t so sure about it even though she was young she was very wise but she went anyway and soon they found a cabin made of candy. Jill was scared to enter the house but Jack being the oldest made Jill go inside first and when they went inside their eyes sparkled from the sweets. Everything was candy and it was amazing. Jack went to sit down and when he looked at the chair it was a peppermint candy cane. Jill though this was a bad idea but Jack didn’t listen.

Then the mean witch that lived in the cabin came home and found them and told them if they didn’t leave she would eat them. Jill was very scared but Jack did not care he wanted to stay in the amazing house. So he decided to persuade the witch. Wish his amazing persuasive abilities he helped him and Jill survive and they lived happily ever after eating witch flavored pie for the rest of their days.

3rd person Dramatic - There once was a boy and girl named Jack and Jill who went into the woods to go exploring but they found a trail of bread crumbs. They followed the trail to a house. Jack and Jill went inside. Everything was candy and it was amazing. Jack went to sit down and when he looked at the chair it was a peppermint candy cane.

Then the mean witch that lived there came home. The witch wanted them out. Jack persuaded the witch. With Jack’s amazing persuasive abilities he and Jill stayed at the cabin and they lived happily ever after eating witch flavored pie for the rest of their days.

The them to "The Djin Who Lives Bewtween Night and Day" is sometimes it's ok to lie to people. In the story the genies lie to the humans about bringing back the children but they couldnt see them and it made the humans happy. In life it's sometimes ok to lie because it can get you out of any trouble you may be in.

AJ

6 October 2011

Cp-Science 9

Mr. Woolcock

Mouse Trap Racer

We designed our car to where it is quite complicated. Instead of four wheels we are using three because we believe it will lessen the friction. We also added a steering system and with the three wheels it allows us to easily turn the front wheel. In order to steer it we are using a protractor to position the angel and an eye screw connected to the axel to turn the wheel. The power source that makes it go is going to be the mouse trap.

We are extending the arm slightly so that it doesn’t peel out but it still goes fast enough to turn harder. If it does peel out we already thought before that we are going to put balloons on the wheels to help it even more from peeling out. For the activation mechanism we are going to keep the mouse trap how it is and add an extension bar. This involves the Law Of Motion because it’s using one force to push it into the opposite direction.

Our three wheeled mouse trap racer will be using acceleration as well. When we activate the mouse trap it would usually build up speed quickly. But we are going to be adding more grip to the wheels so they’ll stick slightly to the ground to build speed slower and therefore acceleration. Instead of our racer going fast in a second its building up speed up until it hits the turn. That is how acceleration is involved.

Finally we will be using friction which also involves the balloons. We believe that if we add the balloons it will reduce friction and therefore have more control over itself. The turning mechanism we are installing to it will have more effect because of the lack of friction the racer has from the balloons. Once the friction is reduced to a good enough level making that turn should be no problem.