Copyright (c) 2014 by Christopher W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Christopher W -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Christopher W

teacher: Melanie Transue

Good Luck 05/09/12
Rise against 05/04/12
Marxism 02/07/12
Marxism 02/07/12
Gotta Love It 02/01/12
Football Freewrite 01/20/12
pml 12/19/11
Another question to deal with 12/14/11
December 12/02/11
Question 11/21/11
Thanksgiving 11/15/11
Three short stories 11/15/11
science paper 10/25/11
October 10/17/11
Attention. 10/05/11
Theme. 10/05/11
My summer. 09/15/11
About Me. 09/15/11

Do you like food? How about food in excess? With Thanskgiving you get a lot of food! I like November because of many things. The first thing is because of Veterans Day. I get to sit back and think of all the things that the veterans have done for me and I get to thank some veterans. The next thing I like about November is Thanksgiving. I like Thanksgiving because of all the food and i get to see a lot of the relatives I don't often see.

Another reason I like November is because is November it’s the transition between fall and winter weather. It goes from 50-60s to 30-40 degrees. Also in November usually snow falls and people start anticipating Christmas a lot more. Next people are hustling and bustling for Christmas shopping. You get to see people a lot more around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Finally People get laid off or have to work in the cold weather and that’s a bad thing. I like November for many reasons.

.

Third Time’s a Charm

Third person omniscient.

"I think I'm going to the store," thought the little boy. Across the room, the little boy's best friend knows the little boy was banned from the store. The friend across the room thought “I know he's thinking about going to the store, if he tries I'll have to remind him of his ban." Then the little boy got up and told his friend he's going to the store, but the friend said no.

Third person semi-omniscient.

"I think I’m going to the store," thought the little boy. Across the room his friend sat watching the little boy. When the little boy got up and told his friend he’s going to the store the friend said no.

Third person dramatic.

The two little boys were sitting in their living room. The one friend sat there watching the other. When the little boy got up and said he's going to the store the other little boy said no he can't.

Chris W

Mr. Woolcock

CP Science 9

18 October 2011

Mousetrap Racer

The mousetrap racer making was fun. Our mousetrap racer did ok. Our final design changed a lot compared to how it was in the beginning. The best and worst of our mousetrap racer was a lot different. I would do a lot of our mousetrap racer over again. I would give myself an ok grade. My racer did well.

Our final design changed a lot. Instead of a string to turn the front wheel we decided to have a gradual turn based on the wheels angle. Also we had to change how the front wheel was set because it rubbed the wood. We had to cut a hole in the wood to fit the wheel. Also we had to extend the lever arm out farther for greater speed. Also when we tried to get it to ggo it wouldn’t so we had to put a hole in the back axle to hold to string. Next we added two smaller hoojks in the front so wthe wheel doesn’t jiggle. Finally when we got it to go we had to adjust the front wheel for a better turn.

Also the friction was reduced in the front for faster along the ground, and we gave more friction on the back wheels so it didn’t slip. We also had a less amount of friction on the back axle so the string didn’t snap.

Our first ideas of the car changed a lot compared to what it was. Now it works and we changed the design idea to work better, and the friction was reduced a lot and the potential aand kinetic energy our stored and realeased with a better lever arm.

The snap of the mousetrap becomes kinetic energy after its let loose. It starts as potential energy. Then it goes to kinetic energy half way through the cycle then at the end it is fully kinetic energy. Also with the longer lever arm it changes slower so it has more speed.

Article posted October 17, 2011 at 02:10 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 40

RAAAR! CRASH! BANG! October is the Halloween month. October usually is a good month, for the last few years I went trick or treating. This year I'm helping people with handing out candy. October also is the time were it converts from nice to cold outside.

Then we head into winter. A lot of what october is about is waiting to get scary movies out then taking someone to see them. October is more than just scary and Halloween.

It's also about the leaves changing, and the anticipation of waiting for the fast along winter. Also, the raking leaves and helping others. and last but not least Thanksgiving and Christmas. People wait for the coming thanksgiving and christmas. October is about more than just Halloween.

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 36

Country? City? Which one would you chose? Raising a family in the country is the best place to raise a family because in the country you can have wide open places for your kids to play and do things, they don't have to worry about gangs, and the people around the country are usually nicer.

I try not to listen to the horrible screaming coming from the next room over where the principal called me to. The horror inside that room is scary. I scream "help" but no one will help me. The thought of the whipping circles around y mind scaring me. Schools shouldn't re-institue corporal punishment because it's up to the parents to punish their children, the kids don't deserve to be hit by the teacher if they didn't do anything bad, and the kid could get back at the teacher for hitting him.

what?Theme?There are many themes in The story The Djinn Who Lives Between Night and Day. One Theme is that sometimes doing something wrong can help others. In the story the djinn lied to the man and the people. The djinn lied to the man to go to the sea, and the djinn lied to the people to help the man and feed him. Sometimes if you lie to somebody you can help another or yourself.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 03:26 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 46

September Freewrite. 

I did a lot over the summer.  One thing I did over the summer was went to peoples houses.  I went to a bunch of friends and families houses.  Another thing I did was ride quads.  I got a quad over the summer and I rode it a lot.  Next,  I  worked over the summer.  I work on a farm  and I did a lot of work on the farm.  Also,  I went to New Jersey.  The ocean and boardwalk in New Jersey are cool. 

I spent a lot of time over summer doing things with friends and family.  I was hardly home.  I did a lot of things over the summer.  The summer was good. I liked summer.  That was my first freewrite.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 03:17 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 53

This is my Visual representation of me project.

Hi my name is Chris, and I work on a farm.  I have a picture of a bible on my binder to show I am religous.  I also have the book Green Eggs and Ham as a good book that I liked.  An author I like is Brian Jacques he is the author to the Redwall books.  I have a picture of eagle's.  The eagle's show that I like them.  My quote I chose is "A house divided against itself cannot stand" by Abraham lincoln.  I chose that quote because it show's that what you do against people will not help you.  Those are what's on my binder.  Thank you for reading my speech.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries