Copyright (c) 2014 by Zachery V Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Zachery V -- Blogmeister

About Me -

by Zachery V teacher: Melanie Transue

Zach

Miss Melanie Transue

9 CP English 

6 January 2012

Mr. Halloway’s Personalities

Mean, nice, cranky, miserable are all great ways to describe a person. In the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradburythere are many characters that have many different kinds of personality traits. Mr. Charles Halloway, one of the main characters, has many great personality traits. For example some of the best personality traits that describe Charles are he is very responsible, he is caring, and finally he is a very dull man. 

The first personality trait that suits Mr. Halloway would be that he is very responsible. The first reason why this is a suitable trait for Mr. Halloway is because he goes to work every day. For example in chapter twenty he goes to his job every day which is being a janitor at the library “and he knew it would be just a matter of time before that light went on in the library across town” (Bradbury 91). The second reason why this is a quality trait for Mr. Halloway is because he is around for his son. For example in chapter twenty-eight Will asked his dad if he was a good person and Mr. Halloway actually sat down and talked to Will. The third and foremost reason why this is a good trait for Mr. Halloway is because he is responsible for his son’s actions. For example in chapter twenty-seven he told Jim and Will to go back and apologize to Miss. Foley. Even though Mr. Halloway did leave his son a couple of times to go to the library, he is still very responsible. They are all examples of why Mr. Halloway is responsible.

The second personality trait that is suitable for Mr. Halloway is he is very caring. The first reason why this is a trait that describes Mr. Halloway is because he cares where his son is at and what he was doing. For example in chapter thirty-three Will called his dad and told him that he would not be home that night and Charles went out to look for Will “And he put on his coat and hat and went out into the strange bright rainy sunshine that filled the cold air” ( Bradbury 163). The second reason why this is a suitable trait for Mr. Halloway is because he is very protective of his son. For example in chapter thirty-five when Jim and Will were hiding in the grille Mr. Halloway looked up at the court house clock, so that no one would know that they were down there. The third and final reason why this trait describes Mr. Halloway is because he cares about the safety of Will. For example in chapter forty Jim, Will, and Mr. Halloway were at the library Mr. Halloway heard a strange noise and told Jim and Will to hide so that they would be safe. Even though Mr. Halloway is caring he never really cared where his son was, but he did care that he was safe. They are all reasons why caring describes Mr. Halloway.

The third personality trait that describes Mr. Halloway is dull. Mr. Halloway is a dull guy because he never does anything new. For example in chapter three it said “he turned into the corner saloon for his nightly one and only drink” (Bradbury 18). The second reason why this is a good trait that describes Mr. Halloway is because all he does is read when he goes to the library. For example in chapter thirty-seven when the boys went to see Mr. Halloway at the library he was explaining all the books that he has read to Jim and Will. The third reason why this is a good trait for Mr. Halloway is because he just hangs out at the library. For example in chapter eight he went to the library late at night because he is an extremely dull man. Al though Mr. Halloway is a dull guy he likes to read books and reading is exciting, but still he is very dull man. These are all reasons why Mr. Halloway is dull.

Sad, happy, confused, and spunky are fantastic ways to describe someone. Mr. Halloway has many different kinds of personality traits. In the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury Mr. Halloway is responsible, caring, and dull, and these are all great ways to describe him.

Works Cited

Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY: William Marrow, 1962.

Print.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 08:58 AM • comment • Reads 71 • see all articles