Copyright (c) 2014 by Haley S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Haley S -- Blogmeister

H-Dawg's Blog :D-

by Haley S teacher: Melanie Transue

3 Strikes, You're Out!
3 Strikes, You're Out!

3rd Person Omniscient
The timid child sat on his father’s shoulders with his arms outstretched. He nervously opened his palm, revealing the carrots the zookeeper had given him. Joe slowly bent over and licked the carrots out of the child’s hand. The boy’s hand quickly retreated as he shouted “Dad! Look at his tongue! It’s so gross!” The boy dropped the carrots on the ground as his dad let out a deep, frustrated sigh and removed the boy from his shoulders. The child led his father to the bathroom where he would then cleanse his hands. Joe had heard this a thousand times. Joe turned away and sighed.
“Kids just don’t appreciate us like they used to,” George said from over the wooden fence that separated the two.
Joe made his way to the fence and extended his long giraffe neck over the wall to see his large, grey best friend. “That’s the thing,” Joe said, “I can’t stand it anymore. They all just end up running away!”
George, being a several thousand pound elephant, understood entirely the frustration of having humans find you gross. “I know,” he said. “They’re jerks. We should give them something to be afraid of!”
The two sat for a few minutes and tried to think of a solution. An idea crossed Joes mind. “I've got it! Let’s do it! Next kid that angers me will face the wrath of my stomach!”
George stared in disbelief. “Joe! What? How could you - Wait. You know, that isn’t a bad idea!"
"Then it is settled. Next time a kid is rude to me in the slightest, I shall eat the beast!"

Limited Omniscient
The child sat on his father’s shoulders with his arms outstretched. He opened his palm, revealing some carrots. Joe slowly bent over and licked the carrots out of the child’s hand. The boy’s hand quickly retreated as he shouted “Dad! Look at his tongue! It’s so gross!” The boy dropped the carrots on the ground as his dad let out a deep, sigh and removed the boy from his shoulders. Joe had heard this a thousand times. Joe turned away and sighed.
It appeared that due to George being a several thousand pound elephant, he would understand entirely the frustration of having humans find you gross. “I know,” he says. “They’re jerks. We should give them something to be afraid of!”
The two sat for a few minutes and tried to think of a solution. An idea crossed Joe's mind. “I got it! Let’s do it! Next kid that angers me will face the wrath of my stomach!”

Dramatic
The child sat on the shoulders of a middle aged man with his arms outstretched. His palm slowly opened and the boy bared several slices of carrot. Joe slowly bent over and licked the carrots out of the child’s hand. The boy’s hand quickly retreated as he shouted “Dad! Look at his tongue! It’s so gross!” The boy dropped the carrots on the ground. The man took him off his shoulders and led him away. Joe turnsed away and sighed.
“Kids just don’t appreciate like they used to,” George said from over the wooden fence that separated the two.
Joe made his way to the fence and stretched his long giraffe neck over the wall. “That’s the thing,” Joe said, “I can’t stand it anymore. They all just end up running away!”
“I know,” he agreed. “They’re jerks. We should give them something to be afraid of!”
A moment of silence passed. Joe abruptly shouted “I've got it! Let’s do it! Next kid that angers me will face the wrath of my stomach!”
George stared at Joe, his mouth agape. “Joe! What? How could you - Wait. You know, that isn’t a bad idea!"

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 09:29 AM • comment (5) • Reads 54 • see all articles