Copyright (c) 2014 by Makenna E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Makenna E -- Blogmeister

About me.-

by Makenna E teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 06:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 122

O Romeo. Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Im prett sure you have heard those lines one or twice in your life. Those are one of the famous quotes from Romeo and Juliet. The song I pick the depicts Romeo and Juliet is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. The lyrics in the song are, "We were both young when I first saw you." At the time both Romeo and Juliet were about 14 or 15 years old. The song is for the most part accurate because in the song they have lyrics like, "see the party, the ball gowns." They both meet at the Capulets party. "And my daddy said stay away from Juliet" The Montagues and Capulets hate each other. "I got tired of waiting wondering if you were ever coming around." Therefore I think the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift represents Romeo and Juliet because there are a lot of similar comparisons through out the song.

Dear Freshy,

If your reading this your a freshmen! First off ninth grade is a lot different from junior high. You dont have a teacher there reminding you what needs to be done you have to remember. If you need help with something you have to go to that teacher and not expect them to know you need help. Do your homework don't get on anyone's bad side.

You will love pep rallys, just remember freshmen always lose! No matter what. Tenth grade and up will cheat. Always remember that. Go to homecoming it's so much fun if you don't you might regret it. Lastly, watch out for rumors, never believe one and dont spread one its high school someone will eventually found out who it was. Other than that ninth grade will go by fast. One more thing go on class trips they are always a blast!

Sincerely, Makenna.

March Freewrite.

It's March! Its also almost Summer! Your sunburned and the temperatures all the way up to 90 degress. When I think of the month March I think of Summer because its already Spring time! I can not wait till the Summer because first of this year were getting out of school really early. Last year we didnt get out till later in the year. Its been warm but it really hasnt been that hot. In the summer it is really hot which I like. On days when its really hot I could go jump in the lake, or go in the pool. Also, I have a summer job in the summer. Over the summer I have a summer job mowing a cemetary. I like it because it gives you something to do and a good workout because some parts of it you mow with a push mower.

Do you like the beach? I love the beach! Hopefully this summer I get to go to the beach again like I did last summer. I absoultly love the beach. Last year I learned how to boogy board and I also love that. The only bad thing about the beach is getting sunburn, really bad!

I'm glad that its almost summer because then in the summer I wont have to get up everyday to go to school. Also, we only have like 26 days of school left!

All throughout the year the weather changes. As does the colors in each season. Have you ever wondered if any of the colors represent each season?

-Red represents the fall. When I think of the fall red comes to my mind, because the leaves on the trees turn different colors. The leaves mainly change to red.

-Blue represents the winter. When its winter its cold and calm and the color blue makes me think of that.

-Yellow represents the spring. I think yellow represnts the spring because its starting to get warmer and it gets brighter like the color yellow.

-Orange represents the summer. Orange represents the summer because I believe orange can be hot, and when its the summer it can be very hot!

In conclusion, red would represent the fall because of the leaves. Blue would represent the winter because its cold. Yellow represents the spring because its getting brighter. lastly, orange represents the summer because the color can represent the hottness of summer.

February Freewrite!

Imagine going outside to make a snowman in the freezing cold. Then you would come back inside and make some hot chocolate. I would love to do that, but I can't. The reason why I can't do that is because we have NO snow! Since winter started we had it snow about three or four times. Then the snow would only stick to the ground for about a day or two. Then it would rain and the snow would melt. Or it was just warm and melted on its own.

The only bad thing about this years winter is that I didnt get to go ice-skating or go sled riding. Those are two of my favorite things to do in the winter.

I really shouldn't complain about this years winter because its been nice and warm. Compared to last years winter its a lot nicer! Some days you could go outside in a sweatshirt. Then sometimes it only gets a little bit colder and then you have to put on a light jacket. I also like this weather for skiing because if its warm enough you wont be freezing when you go skiing. All in all I love this years winter. For next Winter I hope its cold but a little bit warm too.

Have you liked this years Winter at all?

A Marxist would critize the song, "Runaway Love" by Ludacris.

One reason why Marxism would want to criticize the song is because of the lyrics, "plus she lives poor, so no money for abortion." You can tell that she is poor and has no money. She is lower-class. This affects them because they have trouble with the money that they have.

Another reason why Marxism would criticize this song because in the song it says, "alcoholic step-dad always wanna strike her." Her step-dad is blowing all their money on alcohol and they hardly have any money left over. With not a whole lot of money left they live in a lower-class society and not a higher-class society. This affects them in the story because they struggle with their money.

Therfore, a Marxism would criticize the song, "Runaway Run" because they are stuggling with the money that they have.

Makenna E.

Miss Melanie Transue

9 CP English, C3

6 January 2012

Different between Personalities.

Imagine you go to the carnival and everything is abnormal, would you act differently? In this book Something Wicked This Way Comes the two main character Jim and Will have two different personalities it shows throughout the book. In the beginning of the book Jim was getting himself into trouble, while Will was trying to prevent him from getting in trouble. Towards the middle of the book Jim and Will were getting curious of the carnival. At the end of the book Jim turned “evil” and Will had to save him.

In the beginning of the book the two boys, Jim and Will were running through their neighborhood and Jim wanted to stop and see the “theater” Jim believes that seeing people inside their homes are a play. Will knows that he does this a lot. So Jim tries to convince Will that this will be his last time doing this. “Just one last time, Will.” (Bradbury 29). Will knows that this won’t be his last time but this time Will couldn’t stop Jim from seeing the “theater”. When the carnival came to town Jim sneaked out of the house to go see the carnival. Will caught him and tried to stop him from going to the carnival late at night. Once again Will tried to stop Jim when he went to go on the broken merry-go-round. Some might disagree because they would think that Jim isn’t getting himself into trouble.

Towards the middle of the book when the carnival rolled into town both the boys Jim and Will were getting curious. Both of the boys would sit in the field and watched the train come into town. The boys would sneak out of their houses late at night to go down to the carnival. Then the boys got even more curious when they were at the carnival late at night and they just happened to see Mr. Cooger and Mr. Dark go on the broken merry-go. They both knew that they should go home but they didn’t. They watched as Mr. Cooger went backwards on the merry-go-round and turned into a little boy. “Mr Cooger’s face was melting like pink wax.”(Bradbury 79). After the Jim and Will saw that they knew they saw just enough. Some people might disagree because Jim was more curious. He would see sneak out of the house more than Will would.

Furthermore, towards the end of the book Jim was not himself. Jim got on the merry-go-round and Jim was ageing up. Will was yelling at Jim to get of the merry-go-round, “Jim!” (Bradbury 267) but Jim was not listening. Will then, had to resort to save Jim. After Will got Jim off the merry-go-round Jim was trapping him. Some might disagree and say that the carnival actually turned Jim evil since he was considered “bad”, because of this dark hair.

In conclusion, Will and Jim’s personality were different throughout the book. In the beginning Will was trying to stop Jim from getting into trouble. Towards the end of the book they were both curious. At the end of the book Jim turned “evil” and Will had to save him.

At the end of the book, was Jim really good or evil?

Decmeber Freewrite.

Do you help others out around Christmas time? On one Saturday in December I did. I went down with my cousin and other people to a homeless shelter and packed boxes for the homeless, along with others. They would pass a shoe box down and each person at the table would put their item in the box and then pass it down. Some of the items we put in the box would be scarf, wash cloth, shaving cream, deodarant, socks, razors, soap, toothbrush, etc.

After the shoe box was full their would be people at the end of the line to wrap all of the boxs. We packed and wrapped about one hundred and thirty boxes. Its really sad if you think about it, that was only one homeless shelter in scranton with that many people. On christmas day, they will open the boxes. A lot more people should do this around Christmas time, because after you've helped someone out you will feel good about yourself, knowing you've done a good thing.

Why does Will's dad believe everything Jim and Will said about the carnival?