Copyright (c) 2014 by Christopher C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Christopher C -- Blogmeister

Chris-

by Christopher C teacher: Melanie Transue
Tommy the Turtle 05/24/12
Taylor Swift 05/23/12
SuperBlaise 05/23/12
Dear Freshy! 05/04/12
THE STORY! 03/07/12
Nemo Characters 02/22/12
Deconstruction- Chris c & Bethany 02/08/12
Nemo 01/20/12
Charles 01/20/12
Mr.dark's death 01/04/12
Snowboarding 12/19/11
Charles' clock 12/12/11
Jim 11/29/11
Hunting 11/21/11
Alex the Lion 11/07/11
Mouse Trap Racer 10/26/11
Men Will Join the Fight: October Freewrite 10/19/11
Attention 10/14/11
Theme 10/05/11
Time! 09/28/11
Soccer 09/23/11
ME! 09/21/11

April Freewrite

In a world where there is one big ocean and no land lives a sea turtle. This turtle goes by the name of Tommy the Turtle.

Tommy the Turtle is a very bad turtle, and only comes out at night. He goes to parties, and clubs just to say he was there. He's so bad that sometimes he even drinks Kelp Juice.

Although he’s constantly running from the Sea Clam Cops he always has time to visit the local turtle orphanage. The cops however knew this, and they decided this is where they would finally catch this criminal.

Tommy the Turtle was holding his favorite orphan turtle when the police swam up. They had the orphanage surrounded. They had Water speakers and told Tommy that if he didn't surrender immediately they would throw rocks at the orphanage endangering the life’s of all the orphan turtles.

Tommy had no choice. He swam out of the front door with his hands in the air. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison though. So he pulled out a sea shell he had in his pocket. The cops saw this, and got nervous so they all threw there rocks at Tommy the Turtle. The rocks just bounced off his shell though! Tommy swam away as fast as he could to his hideout. Tommy the Turtle would live to see another day of being bad.

The Sea Clam Cops would chase after Tommy for the rest of his life. They would never catch him however, because he is Tommy the Turtle.

Kelp drinking problems? Call the DrukenKelp hotline at 1-800-GetOffKelp.

Sing Out assignment "That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet, and I was crying on the staircase begging you please don't go!" This part of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift is just one example of how Romeo and Juliet is correctly portrayed. Even though the usage of this historic story isn't perfect in this song it is pretty accurate. Taylor Swift does a good job of portraying the famous story of Romeo and Juliet. It depicts Romeo and Juliet as love that shouldn't happen. It also makes their love seem like it is unsupported by their families. These two representations of Romeo and Juliet are both correct. This allusion for the most part is accurate. However the reason that it isn't completely accurate is because it only tells you the happy part of the play Romeo and Juliet. It leaves out the death part of the story. This song also explains to its audience that Romeo and Juliet have no support whatsoever, when truly they had the Friar as well as the Nurse in the beginning of the story. The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift shows a pretty accurate portrayal of the story Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 02:02 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 84

May Freewrite

Look in the sky, it’s a bird, it’s a plane, no its SuperBlaise. Not only could he fly though he also had super strength and could pick up almost anything! Lastly he had amazing speed.

One day SuperBlaise was flying in Pennsylvania when a Curtis appeared. SuperBlaise saw the criminal holding a puppy hostage. SuperBlaise knew he needed to save this puppy from its crazy kidnapper.

Within seconds SuperBlaise was standing in front of Curtis and his victim. “Release that puppy now”, SuperBlaise commanded.

Curtis then proceeded to say, “Or what?”

SuperBlaise would not be talked to in this tone of voice. He grabbed Curtis by the britches and threw him into a lake. Curtis Stood back up, and yelled, “Now I’m wet!” Poor Curtis ran away crying, and went home to play with his stuffed pink unicorn. Now Curtis made up his mind he wasn’t going to be evil anymore. He would live at his house with his mom, and his puppy Steve.

Then at the end of all this SuperBlaise was the best superhero. This was because he destroyed all the evil in the world. It was official he was the greatest superhero ever, even better than Superman.

Later on that evening SuperBlaise found out that the puppy really was Curtis’. SuperBlaise and Curtis lived a peacefully happily ever after.

Dear Freshman,

To start off, I just want to say welcome to 9th grade. There are many fun events that you can do, and enjoy. Pep rallies and dances are just a few of these fun things.

My first bit of advice for you is to do your work on time. Also you should respect the teachers because when you do they are really fun and classes become easier.

My final piece of advice to you is to enjoy your freshman year, and make the most of it because it goes by fast.

Love,

Chris C

March Freewrite

One day long ago there was a very noble shark named Portable Shark. He didn't know what to do with his life so one day he decided to go on an adventure to a far away land. This far away land was called Canada. From what he saw in the movies Portable Shark thought Canada looked amazing, and had lots of fish to eat. This place would be perfect for him.

Portable Shark was soon off to this country ready to take on any danger. All of the sudden while Portable Shark was swimming at full speed a sheep fell into his way. The sheep started wiggling everywhere and making awkward noises.

"Baaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaaaaa", went the sheep as it fell to the ocean floor. Portable Shark had no time to waste, but he couldn't just leave the sheep to die. He dove down to the bottom, and caught the sheep right before he hit the bottom. As fast as he possibly could Portable Shark swam to the surface. The sheep gasped for air. "Thank you", quietly said the sheep.

Portable Shark couldn't wait any longer to know what happened so he asked. "The sheep confused said, "Don't you know about the sheep smuggling business". Portable Shark had never heard of this before.

"The Canadians smuggle us to places in Africa for a lot of money". Portable Shark did not want to be smuggled to someplace in Africa. He turned around leaving the sheep, and Canada behind him. The only question is where would he go now.

Awkward, silly, smart, and even crazy characters were all in the movie Finding Nemo. This is the reason that Finding Nemo compares with my friends so much.

Marlin-Lauren is like Nemo's father Marlin. She is very calm, and also sometimes very protective.

Dory-Curtis is like a Dory. He is Dory because he doesn't always know what he is doing

Nemo- Cody reminds me of a Nemo. The reason I say this is because he is also smart like Nemo as well as take on the world.

Bruce-Zach is like Bruce the shark. He looks mean and scary, but inside he is like a soft teddy bear.

Crush-Jessica is like Crush the turtle because of how she is laid back.

Jellyfish-Shane is like a jellyfish. He is cool looking, but at the same time he doesn't say much.

Portable Shark-Haley is like a portable shark. She has all the characteristics of a shark while maintaining a portable shark structure.

The boat that takes Nemo away is also symbolic. It represents the struggle actual fish in the ocean face from commercial fishing.

The Seagull that saves Nemo is also symbolic. It represents a superhero by saving the day.

Also the rock that Nemo uses to stop the filter in the fish tank when he is trapped is a symbol of hope.

Lastly the scratch on Gill the main fish in the fish tank represents the danger fish in the ocean face. The characters in Finding Nemo resemble people that I know in real life very much.

Try our video maker at Animoto.

February Free write: By Chris C and Jessica A

One day a while ago in a far off place called the Pacific Ocean swam a clownfish. This clownfish's name was Nemo. Nemo didn't like to listen to his father so one day Nemo decided to leave the reef. So that night while his father was still sleeping on the cave Nemo snuck out. He didn't know where he was going to go, but anywhere away from home sounded good.

After hours of endless swimming, Nemo was about to stop to take a break. Then out of nowhere came the Lochness Monster! Nemo was trying to swim away, but the beast was too fast. The monster took the small clownfish by his fin and picked him up to his face. Nemo was shaking, shivering, and was stunned like a squirrel in the headlights.

Nemo's is a very lucky fish however and right as the monster was about to finish him off a boat arrived out of nowhere. A person jumped into the ocean, and grabbed Nemo.

Nemo was finally safe, or so he thought. He was put in a plastic bag.

Days and days went by, and Nemo was never let out of the horrible bag. The next day however he was let out. He was let out into a small little glass box that he didn't know about.

Nemo looked out of the window and saw P Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney.

To read the rest of this story go to Jessica Ackley's February Free write Blog.

Miss Melanie Transue

English

9 January, 2012

Charles

Overcoming problems are hard, and sometimes dangerous. For a man named Charles Halloway in the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury this is very true. Thankfully for Charles however he has three very good personality traits to help him. He is wise, he is caring, and he is also heroic. Charles can be said to be wise because of the many good decisions he has made throughout the book. One of which happened when he knew how to save Jim from his death. Caring is also something that can describe him due to his caring nature towards his son, Will. Lastly he is very heroic, which showed mainly towards the end of the novel when he finally defeated Mr. Dark.

Throughout the book Mr. Halloway gave many examples of being wise. One time this happened was when Jim died on page 281, and Charles started laughing. Normally this behavior would be abnormal, but in this case it wasn’t. If he would have started to cry then the carnival would have won because they love tears, which Charles knew. Another times he showed himself as being wise was when on page 288 he was by the carousel after the carnival had died. He knew he could have hopped on it to get younger. The boys could have done the opposite, and became older. Fortunately Charles realized if they did this they would all want to keep coming back to the carousel. Eventually they would become something like Mr. Dark. Yet another example of Charles being wise happened on page 227 when he started laughing hysterically at the Dust Witch. He knew enough if he did this he would bring horror to her. Someone could possibly argue the fact that Charles is wise, but the argument wouldn’t be effective. Charles could have been lucky instead of wise when he started laughing when Jim died. This statement however is false. The hours of reading he had done in the library about evils from the past had finally become useful when he used that knowledge. In the beginning Mr. Halloway didn’t show his ability to care very much at all even though the trait was still there. An example of this occurred when on page 100 Miss Foley believed Robert (Mr. Dark) when he said that Jim, and Will had stolen from her. Instead of punishing them, Charles believed the boys, and helped them to fix the problem. When Mr. Halloway told Will that he used to be just like him on page 129 was another time he showed that he was caring. “How long has this gone on? No don’t tell. I did it too, your age”, stated Charles (Bradbury page 129). Telling Will about his young and reckless nature as a kid meant a lot to Will. Also if he didn’t care, he would have never said anything about him being like that at Will’s age. Finally at around page 274 the biggest example of all happened. This event was when Charles helped the boys defeat the carnival. He would have not helped them defeat the carnival if he didn’t care. After spending the amount of time in the library like Charles did, he might not care about anyone else. This attempt to diminish his caring trait can be easily argued. Just because he does all of the reading doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t care about anyone else. Especially considering the fact that all of the reading he did was to help his son, and his friend.

Towards the end of the book was when this next trait of Charles Halloway became apparent. This very important trait of Charles was his heroicness. One way that he was heroic happened on page 274. On this page Charles killed the biggest villain in the book; Mr. Dark. At one point the book even said, “There should have been a roar like a mountain slid to ruin”(Bradbury 274). Secondly he saved Will from Mr. Dark on page 252. Will was being held captive at the carnival when Mr. Halloway showed up. After the Dust Witch swallowed the bullet he ran into the back to save Will. After he led Will To the carnival he eventually saved Jim from death on page 285. This is the third way he advertises his heroicness. Finding a way to argue this heroicness would be a feat in itself however. An ineffective argument that can be made is that Charles maybe wasn’t that heroic. After all he didn’t do anything that heroic in the beginning of the novel. He didn’t even stop the boys from getting in trouble in the first place. He was unaware of the problems facing the boys or what they were to do though so there was no way for him to help. Charles Halloway was wise, caring, and heroic. All of these traits helped him to defeat the evil carnival. The ability to be wise had glistened throughout the entire book, especially when it came to saving Jim. Caring was also another noticeable trait that Charles exemplified, and did so through his son, Will. He also eventually turned out to be heroic, mainly towards the end of the book when he had taken down Mr. Dark, and the carnival.

Pick Me last!

Why was Charles Halloway so happy when he had killed Mr. Dark in chapter 52.