Copyright (c) 2014 by Blaise C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Blaise C -- Blogmeister

About me

class 2015

by Blaise C

teacher: Melanie Transue

FReSH 05/04/12
Romeo Your Boat 05/04/12
Turkey Hunting 05/03/12
Summer 04/16/12
Farming 03/07/12
Humanism 02/08/12
Blaise, Curtis, Jesse 02/07/12
Tractors 02/02/12
Planes 02/01/12
Snowmobiling 01/20/12

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:07 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 96

Dear Freshmen,

First year in High School. Is this year going to be hard? Is it going to be scary. They may be a few things you think about the ninth grade This year was pretty exciting.

First off this year is the first time you can go to Homecoming. I would recommend going because if you don't you may regret it. It is also the first year you get to go to pep rallies. Just remember the seniors always win.

Finally the teachers there are some teachers that are cool and some that aren't but I can't tell you the ones who aren't. Some of the cool teachers are Mr. Woolcock, Mr. Hein, Miss Transue and Mrs. Farr. These are the teacher. You don't want to get on their bad side.

In conclusion watch out do all your work and have fun. Also, good luck next year it is not as scary as you think.

Sincerely Blaise Cleveland

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 01:55 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 43

Sing It Out

Do you think true love is real? Has it ever happened to you? This is what happened to Romeo and Juliet in the book Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. The song that displays this is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. This song talks about two people who love eachother.

First of all the song displays this is in the song it says "That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles". This is talking about Romeo trying to get her attention and this is because he loves her.

This is not really accurate because in the book Romeo never threw pebbles at Juliet's window. Romeo just went and saw her on her balcony. So this isn't really accurate. Also, this is demonstrating how much he loves her and he is trying to get her attention.

In conclusion, Love Story by Taylor Swift displays that true love can happen. Also, how it is displayed in the song and the book.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 46

Turkey Hunting

Gobble. Gobble. The moon is still out. The stars are shining. This is spring turkey season in PA. This is the time of year that the foliage turns green. This is when all the hunters are out and hidden hoping to get the big gobbler. Some things I will tell you about turkey hunting is the things you need. Like guns, calls and camo clothing.

The first thing is the type of gun you need. In spring you need to have a shotgun. My favorite gun is a twenty gauge because it fits me comfortable. You can also use twelve gauges they shoot farther and are faster.

Another thing is calls there are many types. Some of the calls are mouth calls, slate calls and box calls. Hunters use these to call a turkey in close to shoot that big bad gobbler.

Finally the last thing you need is good camo. This is so the turkeys who hav amazing eye sight cannot see you. This betters your chances of getting that bird. There are many places to sit but the best is next to a tree.

In conclusion, some of the things you need are guns, calls and camo clothes. These will all help better a hunters chances of bagging that bird.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 03:08 PM GMT0 • comment (8) • Reads 41

April freewrite

The sun is shining. The temperature is nintey degrees. the birds are chirping. This is summer. This is my favorite time of the year. This is because there is no school, it is the perfect time to farm and it is a great time to be outside.

First of all there is no school in the summer. This is a long awaited part of the year for most people. Some of the things you can do are swim, fish, and go boating. These things you can do when you are in school.

Another thing is it is a great time for farming. This is the best time because all of the crops have the time and warmth to grow. This is also good because it is warm and you don't have to freeze your hands off while you are working.

Finally the summer is a great time to be outside. This is when all of the animals are out. This is the time you should be outside also. This is when you can smell the fresh cut grass. This time of year you will see farmers in their tractors out working their fields.

In conclusion, summer is the best time of the year. This is because there is no school, good farming weather and finally it is just a good time to be outside. The next time you are thinking about what your favorite time of year is give summer a thought.

The smoke is rolling. The engines are running. The month of March is the long awaited time for farmers. The farmers have the hardest life because they work countless hours, equipment breakdown and the crops should be planted.

First of all one reason why their life is the hardest because they work countless hours. They work on somedays for sixteen to eighteen hours a day. They do all this in the field and in the barn taking care of animals. This leaves them little time to sleep. Also, they have to watch the cattle to see if a calf is being born. The calf needs lots of attention in the twelve hour period where they can contract diseases.

Another reason why it is hard to make it as a farmer is equipment breaks down. On top of all the hours the cost and labor it takes to fix all the equipment they barely get by. The equipment takes a beating in the rough fields were the farmers spend most of their time. The time they spend in the field usually from May to September depending on the weather.

Finally the last reason why farmers have the hardest life is all the crops have to be planted. The crops farmers plant help the animals that they take care of. The crops they plant are oats, corn, alfalfa and many other types of crops. These crops will get sprayed with different chemicals to help them grow and make a healthy animal someday.

In conclusion farmers have the hardest life because the countless hours they spend in the barn and in the field, all the equipment that breaks down and all of the crops that have to be planted. That is why farmers have the hardest life.

Humanists would criticize the song "The Devil went down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels.

First of all they would criticize this for one because it talks about the devil. Also, it talks about how if the devil were to win he would get Johnny’s soul. Then if Johnny won he would get a shiny fiddle made of gold. This is a way that the devil would trick you. So the devil did not have good morals.

Another reason that humanists would criticize this song is because the devil tries to take advantage of Johnny. In the song it says you can not beat me I am the best there ever was. That is not how a Humanist would like the song to be about better morals.

In conclusion that is why Humanists would criticize the song "The Devil went down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels.

Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.

FRIENDS ARE LIKE TRACTORS

The dust is rolling. It is working time. the engines start. Tractors are like friends they are there for you.

1. Zach is like a John Deere because he is a good friend and a John Deere is a good tractor.

2. Chris is like a New Holland because he is also a good friend but he isn't like a John Deere type of friend because he is not always there.

3. Alex is like a Ford he is a sometimes friend. He will be there for you some times when you really do need him.

4. Curtis is an International the worst tractor because when you need an International it is usually in the shop.

In conclusion, that is why tractors are like friends.

The snow is falling one more inch to go. I get ready to go outside to go snowmobiling. I have waited all summer for this. You need a certain amount of snow, also you need the right gear and you need a snowmobile.

For one thing the right amount of snow means everything you need about six to seven inches. This is because it means for a better ride. The more snow you have you will sink in and it wont be rough. Also your machine will not heat up and break. The machine needs the snow to kick up on the motor to cool it.

Another thing is you need the right gear. There are many different types of gear. A helmet, snow pants, heavy jacket, and a pair of gloves and boots. The gear you get determines how much fun you will have when you are miles away from civilization. This gear will keep you warm even in the toughest weather conditions.

Finally you need the right machine for you. The manufacturers have many different brands of snowmobiles. Some of the manufacturers are Polaris, Skidoo, Yamaha and Artic Cat. The brand that is the right price for you and makes you fell comfortable when you are on the trail.

In conclusion the things that effect the best ride are the right amount of snow, the best gear and the right snowmobile. These factors will determine the ride for you.