Copyright (c) 2014 by Ashley S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ashley S -- Blogmeister

-

by Ashley S teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 25, 2012 at 04:43 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 186

Ashley S

May Free Write

Summer Fun

The school year is almost over. Everyone is trying to get there work done. We’re all getting ready for finals. I know that I am looking forward to summer because you don’t have to get up early, get to hang out with friends, and get to enjoy summer weather.

You don’t have to get up early to get ready for school. You get to sleep in as long as you want. You don’t have to get dressed really early. You wouldn’t have to eat breakfast early like you would have to on a school day.

You get to hang out with friends. You can stay up late at night doing anything. You can go to the mall. You can go to parks. You can go to the beach. You can just have fun and enjoy yourself.

You can get to enjoy the summer weather. You can go to the beach with family. Walk the bored walk. You can travel to different places. You can go outside an get tan or sun burn.

In conclusion this is why summer is fun. I hope you all enjoy your summer.

Ashley S

May Free Write

Summer Fun

Dear Freshy

Ashley Steele

If you're reading this then it means you made it to ninth grade. I'm very proud of you. I hope you all enjoy your year. I'm going to give you a few tips about what you should do to make sure you pass.

When trying to pass the ninth grade it's good to have you work done, make sure to study for tests because studying is very important. Always always pay attention. These are just a few tips I'm going to give you.

You should always have your work done. If you don't have your work done you get behind in class. When you get behind in class you start to get low grades. You never want low grades because then that makes you look bad and your parents are not happy. Plus you don't want to seem like a failure you want to show the teachers and your parents that you can do it. Please take my advice and make sure to have your homework done.

When it comes to studying you always should study for test. Not only does it help a lot because you get better grades but you learn more. Studying can be fun if you make it fun. This may sound shocking yes but studying can be fun if you make it fun. Plus it's very easy and it really does not take that much time out of your young life. Take these tips because believe me they will help a lot.

Why should you pay attention because if you don't pay attention you get lost. When you get lost then you don't know what is going on and that's never fun trust me. Plus paying attention is not bad it does not make you a nerd it just shows you actually care. It Is not bad to care about school you should always care. Its good if you care about school and work so always pay attention and you should be fine.

Freshmen I hope you enjoy this and I hope you enjoy your year. These tips will help you a lot so I hope you liked them. I hope you freshmen have a nice year and enjoy every second of it.

Sincerely, Ashley Steele

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 229

Ashley Steele

In all kinds of songs genres artists sing songs that have a connection to Romeo and Juliet. The song I chose for sing it out was “Love story” by, Taylor Swift. I chose this song because it can relate to the play Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Some artists use the name Romeo and Juliet when they speak of love. The lyrics to love story start with “we were both young when I first saw you”. These lyrics can relate to Romeo and Juliet because they were young when they first saw each other. “On a balcony in summer air”. Relates because Juliet stands on the balcony and Romeo comes to meet her. “See the party, the ball gowns I see you make your way through the crowd and say hello, little did I know.” That lyric relates because Romeo went to the party to meet Juliet for the first time. “So I sneak out to the garden to see you we keep quiet cause we’re dead if they knew”. This line relates because Romeo stayed the night with Juliet an there parents couldn’t find out. “I was begging you please don’t go”. Can relate because Juliet begged Romeo not to leave. “Romeo save me I’ve been feeling so alone I keep waiting for you never come is this in my head?” Relates because when she died Romeo didn’t show up on time. And said, marry me Juliet you’ll never have to be alone.” This can relate because when Romeo found out that Juliet was died he drank a poison to kill him self to. While the song does have a connection to Romeo and Juliet does it actually have an accurate connection to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet? After looking over this song I say it doesn’t have a accurate connection to Romeo and Juliet. It doesn't because it's just stereotyping Romeo as a boy who falls for a girl which is Juliet. In conclusion this is why” Love story” by Taylor Swift doesn’t really connect to romeo and Juliet.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 03:36 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 55

April Freewrite

Bunnies. Candy. Family. They are the first three things that come into my mind when I think of Easter. For my April free write I am going to write about Easter.

During Easter your family comes and gathers around. They come and spend the holiday with you. Some people only get to see their families on holidays. So Easter is a chance to see your family. The last time my family got together was Christmas.

Easter traditions are fun. You get baskets full of candy. Parents plan egg hunts and you find money or candy inside each egg. The little kids go and see the Easter Bunny. They sit on his lap and take pictures. Some kids are scared of the Easter Bunny and cry. I never did. Some people wake up in the morning and find their baskets because they get hidden. Family come an eat diner with them.

In conclusion, Easter is not my favorite holiday, but it is nice to have a holiday in spring.

Representin’

Ashley S.

9th Grade Teachers are Like Candy

Did you ever day dream during class while you are hungry? I daydream a lot and I think the ninth grade teachers are like different kinds of candy.   Just think about it and it makes sense.

Mrs. Farr is like a Sour Patch Kid because she will yell at you and say she is sorry at the end.

Mr. Woolcock is like a Blow Pop because he seems like a mean, strict teacher on the outside and is and he is funny and nice on the inside…just like bubble gum.

Mr. Hein is like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup because he always has a stash in his desk drawer.

Miss Transue is like a Smartie because she corrects you on grammar and writing.

Mrs. Rinker is like cotton candy because it looks like snow and she likes to ski.

That is why I think the 9th grade teachers are like different kinds of candy.  Don’t you think so too?

March freewrite

Swimming. Family. Cook outs. During summer we get out of school. I think is better to be out of school during the summer. You won’t have to sit inside and do work when it’s hot out there. It’s warm outside that you can wear summer time clothes.

You can go to the pool and go swimming. You can get sun burn or tan from too much sun. You can hang with friends can do a lot of things. You can go to cook outs. You can party with friends. You can go the beach. Ride four wheelers if you have any.

I like to hang with friends and go swimming. Eat a lot of popsicles. Drink a lot of water and juice. During summer I like to play outside in the dark and play man hunt with friends. We visit a lot of family during summer that we don’t really see that much. When we go visit them we most likely go swimming. We always have family cook outs. We don’t really see them because where in school and the parents work. That is why I like summer.

Ashley S.

Construction Theory-Deconstruction

“Rolling in the Deep”

By Adele

“There's a fire starting in my heart

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark

Finally I can see you crystal clear

Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave, with every piece of you

Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart

The scars of your love remind me of us

They keep me thinking that we almost had it all

The scars of your love, they leave me breathless

I can't help feeling”

These are the first three versus of “Rolling in the Deep,” by Adele. A deconstructionist would celebrate this song because there are a lot of symbols and connotations.

One reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has symbols. The first symbol I see is in the line, “There's a fire starting in my heart.” It symbolizes how she feels. She feels as if a fire has started in her heart because he broke it.

Another reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has connotations. The first connotation I see is in the line, “Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark,” because she doesn’t want to keep how she feels inside anymore. She wants him to know how she feels.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the song, “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele because there are a lot of symbols and connections.

Works Cited:

"Adele Rolling In The Deep Lyrics." Rolling in the Deep Lyrics. Web. 05 Mar. 2012. <[LINK]>.

Voice Recorder >>

Life Is hard and some people have it different. But you must always enjoy it even when you feel like you should give up and walk away. You don’t know one can knock you down but yourself.

Life

By ashley Steele

Life it’s like magic

Like a world you just get lost in

Like you’re floating on a cloud

Life is hard and

Makes us feel like we want

To break but

In the end we can’t break

We have to go on

We have to push our self’s through

Everything we have to

Overcome the world

We take it step by step

From the time were

Young till the

Time were old

We take life

Almost like we take

Reading or writing it

Comes hard when you’re

Young but as you grow

It gets easy

Then it hits you again

With a smack

It get’s hard again

And then you ask why

But its life

You can’t question it

You just have to go

With it

You have to try

Cause life in the end

Is always worth

The effort