Copyright (c) 2014 by Brittany S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brittany S -- Blogmeister

-

by Brittany S teacher: Melanie Transue

Construction Theory

Many feminists believe that young girls should have positive role models to follow. In the movie Spirited Away, Hitaro is just that positive role model. She is the main female character of this movie and feminists would celebrate it because she has a powerful mind and is very brave.

In the movie Spirited Away Hitaro has a powerful mind. She has a powerful mind by that in the movie her parents get turned into pigs because they wouldn’t stop eating the food that belonged to the spirits. So, she decides to work for Ubaba, the witch that cast the spell on her parents. However, Ubaba tries to trick Hitaro into thinking her name is Sen. So that way she wouldn’t remember the reason why she was there, to safe her parents, and work for Ubaba forever. However, Hitaro doesn’t fall under Ubaba’s spell because she keeps remembering her parents and that she must save them. This proves that Hitaro has a powerful mind because she never gave up and remembered the true reason of why she was in the spirit world in the first place.

Hitaro is also very brave in the movie. She was very brave because there are many spirits and creatures that don’t like humans. One incident in particular is when Hitaro meets a creature that had begun to eat everyone in the bath house where she worked. So, she gives this creature something to eat but in fact it’s a medicine that made the creature regurgitate the people that it had eaten. This proves that Hitaro is brave because while everyone ran away from the creature, she stood her ground and faced it.

Therefore, that is why feminists would celebrate Spirited Away. They would celebrate it because it has a positive female role model for young girls who has a powerful mind and is very brave.

Construction Theory – feminism

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Richard P.

A feminist would criticize the story, Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury because there are no positive examples of women in the story.

One reason a feminist would criticize the story is because the boys’ seventh grade teacher, Miss Foley, is weak and falls for Mr. Darks’ carnival games. She is warned by Will not to go in the carnival, but she goes in the carnival anyway. Then in Chapter 32 she gets on the carousel and gets turned back into a little girl. She is a very weak character.

Another reason a feminist would criticize this story is because the only strong female character is the Dust Witch and she is evil. She is Mr. Dark’s best villain because she almost stopped Mr. Halloway’s heart and she can feel souls and emotions and control people. She is a strong female character but she is evil.

In conclusion, a feminist would criticize the story,” Something Wicked This Way Comes,” by Ray Bradbury because there are no positive examples of women in the story.

Construction Theory - Marxism

The father from the story "Papi" celebrates marxism because even though he doesn't find it easy to make money, he doesn't let this get in the way of his family.

The family from the story "Papi" were originally from Haiti. The father barely raised enough money to send his wife to America, but still used the money to do so.

Even though the father couldn't afford to send his kids the America along with the mother, he still sent for them as soon as he raised enough money so his family could be together again.

Since the family of this story is in a dangerous town were ther are frequent crimes happening, the kids need to be watched by someone. One of the main reasons why the father chose to be a taxi driver is because he was his own boss. This allowed him to watch or come for the kids if he needed to.

Even though the father from the story "Papi" doesn't find it easy to make money, he doesn't let this get in the way of his family.

A humanist would criticize the show Beyond Scared Straight

One reason why a humanist would criticize this show because the show implies that young teenagers these days are making bad choices. When their parents put them through a journey when jail officers took the young criminals through a jail and let the real criminals talk to them.

Another reason a humanist would criticize this is usually when the teenagers are done with the journey they usually knows right from wrong, but half the people that are done with the tour go back to their own habits and don’t learn from anything. During the show some people learn from the problems that they cause, because they want to make a change in their lives.

For a conclusion, A humanist would criticize the show Beyond Scared Straight.

A feminist would celebrate the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The first reason a feminist would celebrate this show is because it has a large, diverse cast of female characters.  The six main characters have a variety of interests and personality traits, and while this occaisonally causes conflict, they all play off of each other nicely and have good chemestry, which is an important thing for making a show entertaining.  This is a large improvement over many forms of entertainment where female characters have the most importance when they are the love interest or relative of a male character- in fact, it seems to be the exact opposite in this show, as evidenced by the character Big Macintosh, who until recently didn't have much signifigance beyond being the older brother of Applejack and Apple Bloom, and when he finally got an episode where he had a signifigant role in the plot of an episode, it was the Valentine's Day episode (Hearts and Hooves Day) which was all about his love potion-induced romance with Cherrilee.  This show's large and diverse cast of female characters is one reason a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The second reason a feminist would celebrate this show is because the portrayal of female characters is positive overall.  While there have been episodes with female one-shot villans (like Boast Busters, which saw the one and only appearence of The Great and Powerful Trixie, who became a fan-favorite despite her arrogence and exaggeration), and episodes where the six main characters have made major mistakes (like Sweet and Elite, in which Rarity lied to the Canterlot upper-class in order to get accepted, and then to her friends in order to hide her ill-gained status), the overall message remains positive.  All the main characters are shown to be independent and able to hold a sucessful job relating to their special talent, and are willing to overcome their faults for those they love, as shown in Dragonshy, when Fluttershy, the quiet and meek pegasus,  yells at a dragon and gives him a death stare after he had assulted the other main characters, even though she's terrified of full-grown dragons.  This is another reason a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

In conclusion, a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

A feminist would criticize the movie She’s The Man.

First, feminist would criticize this movie because in the movie the girls soccer team gets cut and they try out for the boys team but the couch won’t let them play because they are girls. A feminist wants women to be treated equally, and this shows the womens rights being abused.

Second, feminist would criticize this because of how the guys treat the women and how they look at the girls. The guys dont treat the girls right they dont  give them the rights they should have. a feminist would not approve.

In Conclusion, A feminist would critize the movie She's The Man.

Miss Melanie Transue

Julia

9CP English

Construction Theory-Deconstruction

“Drops of Jupiter” by Train

A deconstrucist would celebrate the song, “Drops of Jupiter” by Train because there are a lot of details and connections. A deconstructist would look at the meaning of every detail in the song, and try to make connections.

One reason a deconstrucist would celebrate this song is because it has detail and symbolizes that she’s away from him. The lyrics have detail about her return to him when it says, “Now she’s back in the atmosphere.’’ He said she’s back in the atmosphere because she’s back in his world.

Another reason a deconstrucist would celebrate this song is because he describes her in many different ways. When he describes her he says, “She acts like summer and walks like rain,” he’s describing her as she’s bright and happy. When he says she walks like rain she’s calm and confident.

A deconstrucist would celebrate the song, “Drops of Jupiter” by Train because there are a lot of details and connections.

Mari H

CONSTRUCTION THERAPY- Feminism

Yeah and it go a little something' like this

Runaway love, runaway love

Runaway love, runaway love

Runaway love, runaway love

Runaway love, runaway love

Now little Lisa's only nine years old

She's trying' to figure out why the world is so cold

Why she's all alone and they never met her family

Momma's always gone and she never met her daddy

Feminism would criticize the song “Runny Away Love” by Ludacris. They would criticize Runny away love because the men beat the women.

Feminism don’t like when someone is being mean to a woman. One reason why they would criticize it is because the men thinks it right to hit a little girl because she won’t gave him what he wants. I think that if a guy hits a girl should go to jail because I feel that it is not right for someone to hit a little girl.

Another reason why they would criticize it is because what woman or little girl need to be hit by a guy. Guys should not hit a girl or a woman and I feel that it is right for a guys go to jail for hitting a child or a woman.

In conclusion, feminism would criticize “Runny Away Love” by Ludacris.

Ryan K.

Construction Theory – Marxism

"It's not about the money, money, money

We don't need your money, money, money

We just wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag

Ain't about the (uh) Cha-Ching Cha-Ching

Ain't about the (yeah) Ba-Bling Ba-Bling

Wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag.

Why is everybody so obsessed?

Money can't buy us happiness

Can we all slow down and enjoy right now

Guarantee we'll be feeling alright"

The song, "Price Tag" by Jessie J. has Marxism in it because it talks about how money does not buy everything, especially happiness.

The first example of Marxism is when she sings, “…we don’t need your money, money money…” because it says that we don’t need money and she just wants to forget about the price tag on everything because money is not important to her. A Marxist would criticize this song because they want money and think it is important.

The second example of Marxism is when she sings, “Money can’t buy us happiness…” It shows that money does not buy happiness. She says the way to happiness is to enjoy right now. A Marxist would again criticize this because they think happiness comes from money.

Finally, this is how Marxism is related to the song, “Price Tag” by Jessie J.

Works Cited

"Price Tag" Lyrics." JESSIE J LYRICS. Web. 26 Mar. 2012. <[LINK]>.

My Literary theory is historicism. Historisism is looking at the historical aspects of a story. For example, reasearching the time period in which the story takes place, then knowing whether the story in historically acurrate or not.

One story that a historisist would celebrate would be The Diary of Anne Frank. This book was written by a Jewish girl in hiding from the Nazis. This book is historically acuarate because it is a true story. It acually was written by a girl who didnt know everyone would be reading it.

Also, a historicist would celebrate this book because it contains true information on what the Nazis would do to people in those times. All the things that happen in this book acually happened in real life.

In Conclusion, The Diary of Ann Frank is one book that Historicists would celebrate. It is historically accurate and contains information about those times.

Ashley S.

Construction Theory-Deconstruction

“Rolling in the Deep”

By Adele

“There's a fire starting in my heart

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark

Finally I can see you crystal clear

Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave, with every piece of you

Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart

The scars of your love remind me of us

They keep me thinking that we almost had it all

The scars of your love, they leave me breathless

I can't help feeling”

These are the first three versus of “Rolling in the Deep,” by Adele. A deconstructionist would celebrate this song because there are a lot of symbols and connotations.

One reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has symbols. The first symbol I see is in the line, “There's a fire starting in my heart.” It symbolizes how she feels. She feels as if a fire has started in her heart because he broke it.

Another reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has connotations. The first connotation I see is in the line, “Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark,” because she doesn’t want to keep how she feels inside anymore. She wants him to know how she feels.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the song, “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele because there are a lot of symbols and connections.

Works Cited:

"Adele Rolling In The Deep Lyrics." Rolling in the Deep Lyrics. Web. 05 Mar. 2012. <[LINK]>.

Tim C.

Construction Theory: Marxism

“Toes” by Zack Brown Band

“I got my toes in the water, [rear]* in the sand

Not a worry in the world, a cold [drink]* in my hand

Life is good today, life is good today.”

This song by Zack Brown shows Marxism because money doesn’t mean happiness. He is happy exactly where he is.

The first example of Marxism is that he does not have a worry in the world because of money or anything else. He is happy with simple things like his toes in the sand and a cold drink. It says, “Not a worry in the world…” He is not worried.

The second example of Marxism is that his life is great because he is not worried about wealth. He does not worry about money and stuff. The song says, “Life is good today.” He is happy.

These are examples of lyrics that have Marxism.

*lyrics modified

A reader response theorist would celebrate the movie The Pagemaster directed by Pixote Hunt and Joe Johnston.

One reason why The Pagemaster would be celebrated is that it takes having an ‘emotional journey’ with your stories quite literally when the main protagonist is thrown into a fantasty world with three different genres of literature (Fantasy, Horror, and Adventure) in book form. You find yourself enjoying all that has to come with the quirky mannerisms of each and every character from Horror's understandalbe cowardice to Adventure's grizzly tough exterior, and you get caught up in their own little exploits.

Another reason why one would feel the need to celebrate this movie is that you get the authors purpose. Not only did you follow the characters on a magical adventure(and as children the realm of mae-believe is a grand way to leave things before you're to be subjected to the confinement and conformity of school), the purpse of the author was caught lie most inane top forty songs. You know that by the tranformation the protagonist underwent from meak mouse to fearless dragon slayer. You just knew that he had it in him the entire time, you knew that was the purpose of everything he ever went through on his journey, to bring out, as cheesey as it sounds, the bravery you had in yourself all along.

A reader's response theorist would celebrate the film The Pagemaster directed by Pixote Hunt and Joe Johnston.

A Marxist would celebrate the song "Cinderella Man" by Eminem.

One reason is because Eminem is talking about how poor he was and how people use to just shoot him down just cause he had no money before he became a rapper.

Another reason why they would celebrate this song is because Eminem is also saying all people have the same rights even though some people are not as rich as others. Some people can be poor and have an awesome life also its not all about money.

That would sum up why Marxists would celebrate the song "Cinderella Man" by Eminem.

Humanists would criticize the song "The Devil went down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels.

First of all they would criticize this for one because it talks about the devil. Also, it talks about how if the devil were to win he would get Johnny’s soul. Then if Johnny won he would get a shiny fiddle made of gold. This is a way that the devil would trick you. So the devil did not have good morals.

Another reason that humanists would criticize this song is because the devil tries to take advantage of Johnny. In the song it says you can not beat me I am the best there ever was. That is not how a Humanist would like the song to be about better morals.

In conclusion that is why Humanists would criticize the song "The Devil went down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels.

A Marxist would critize the song, "Runaway Love" by Ludacris.

One reason why Marxism would want to criticize the song is because of the lyrics, "plus she lives poor, so no money for abortion." You can tell that she is poor and has no money. She is lower-class. This affects them because they have trouble with the money that they have.

Another reason why Marxism would criticize this song because in the song it says, "alcoholic step-dad always wanna strike her." Her step-dad is blowing all their money on alcohol and they hardly have any money left over. With not a whole lot of money left they live in a lower-class society and not a higher-class society. This affects them in the story because they struggle with their money.

Therfore, a Marxism would criticize the song, "Runaway Run" because they are stuggling with the money that they have.

Historicism

A historicist would celebrate That 70's Show. One reason why they would celebrate this show is because the language used in it and the clothes and decor are much like that of the 70's. For example, in several episodes, characters may refer to the police as "the fuzz." This phrase was a very common one in the 70's. They also all wore flare pants. The whole house just screams the 70's.

Another reason why a historicist would celebrate That 70's Show is the interests of the teens. As many kids and teens were in the 70's, Eric, a main character, is in love with Star Wars. Many of them also love comic books, like kids of the 70's did. Also, though it is awful, the show exemplified teen drug use of the 70's, which is very accurate.

For reasons such as these, That 70's Show  would be celebrated by historicists.

Humanism: The movie Friday Night Lights has some things that humanist would celebrate.

When when the running back tore his acl understood and did the morally right thing by not letting him play injured .Humanist would agree with what the coach did becauses he didnt let his player suffer.

Also he the coach believed in his quarterback even when he screwed up and was the reason they lossed to rivaly who was undefeated and really good.Humanist would would aslo praise the coach for sticking by the quarterback through the whole season .

In conclusion that is why a humanist would celebrity the movie Friday Night Lights since the coach did the right thing to help his players.

What if you were a retard and you were treated like one? That’s why Marxist would criticize the short story Here's Herbie by Mike Feder.

The first reason why a Marxist would criticize this short story is because the narrator treats Herbie as a retard. For example “So this retard is now steering the train.”

The second reason why a Marxist would criticize this short story is because on the train the narrator is riding all of the richer people sit in the front of the train. For example “here’s this guy, a retard, a jerk, and I am so brilliant, I do well in school, I am handsome….”

In conclusion that is why a Marxist would criticize this short story.

Construction Theory: Marxism

A marxist would criticize the song "Money, Money, Money" from the movie Mamma Mia.

One reason why they would criticize it is because the song talks about how the lady wants more money. In the lyrics it says, "In my dreams I have a plan If I got me a wealthy man I wouldn't have to work at all I'd fool around and have a ball." Marxist think that everybody should be treated the same and everybody should have the right to have money. Also that everybody should have "a ball."

Another reason why would be because they would say that you don't need money to have a good life. In the lyrics it says "Money, money, money

Must be funny In a rich man's world Money, money, money Always sunny In a rich man's world." It's not always sunny in a rich man's world. They could also have some hardships too.

That is why in conclusion Marxist would criticize the song "Money, Money, Money" from the movie Mamma Mia.

A Marxist would celebrate the movie Little Orphan Annie.

A reason they would celebrate this movie is because in it says no mater how poor or rich you are you should always make the good choice. The movie shows this by showing the orphanage and how the lady that owns it is really mean but when Annie meets the rich man he greets her with open arms into his house. The rich man welcoming Annie and adopting her would be non-selfish with his money and is Marxism.

Another reason this movie is celebrated by Marxism is because the rich man is very non-selfish and gets Annie just about anything. Which shows that even though he did not know this girl the rich man was compassionate.

In conclusion, a Marxist would celebrate the movie Little Orphan Annie.

A feminist would celebrate the song “Who run the world” by Beyonce

One reason they would celebrate this text is because the song says that both men and woman are equal. Woman can do similar things men do, and that they do not have to be a man in order to do so. In the video Beyonce is acting like a guy and doing things guys would usually do. All she is saying is women are powerful and strong human beings as a feminist would say.

Another reason they would celebrate this text is because in the lyrics it says “Who run the world GIRLS” this quote states that they are the rulers of the world which indicates that we are independent and we could do things on our own.

In conclusion, A feminist would celebrate the song “Who run the world” by Beyonce.

“Where's the sense of riskin' the lives of the eight of us to save one guy?” Private Reiben

A historist would celebrate the movie Saving Private Ryan by Robert Rodat.

One reason a historist would celebrate Saving Private Ryan because this movie shows how war is hell, and what it can do to a man. Even though it may not be for a younger person, there is a lot of swearing because war is a place where no one wants to go. It is a great example of historicism because it really focuses on the story's setting.

Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before.                                                -Larry Reeves

Another reason a historist would celebrate Saving Private Ryan is because the setting of the movie is just like the setting of real war and what happened back then. This movie shows great historicism because it emphasized the importance of history and it was based on a true historical event. The movie was about a battalion who go to rescue Pvt. Ryan after all his brother were killed in action during the Allied invasion of Norway on June 6th, 1944.

In conclusion, this is why a historist would celebrate the movie Saving Private Ryan because the movie showed how war can effect someone. The movie also showed what happened on that day and it was based on a true historical event during World War II.

In the song “I need a dollar” by Aloe Blacc a Marxist would criticize the lyrics.

First, a Marxist would criticize the lyrics to this song because it is about a poor guy who is barely making enough cash to make his way through life and he cannot get any more money from anywhere. This person has a rich boss and He keeps asking his boss for help and the boss wont help him out what so ever. In the song Aloe Blacc even says “Please mister boss man, I need this job more than you know But he gave me my last paycheck and he sent me on out the door.”

Unfortunately Aloe Blacc is barely making ends meet and he really needs someone who has a lot of money to help him out. All of the rich people are all mean and stubborn though and won’t let him have any money. All Aloe Blacc wants is to make sure everyone has equal wealth and make sure that no one is too rich and no one is too poor.

In conclusion a Marxist would criticize the song “I need a dollar” by Aloe Blacc. They would criticize this song because everyone treats Aloe bad because he doesn’t have any money to live life and a Marxist is all for everyone having equal wealth.

A feminist would celebrate the New York Times Bestseller and Broadway musical: Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

First of all one reason why a feminist would celebrate Wicked because the main character is Elphaba. Miss. Elphie is an extremely inspirational, powerful females. Elphaba doesn’t care that from all of her actions everybody says that she is the ‘Wicked witch of the west’. From the moment she was born she was an outcast. Even her mother and father disgraced her. Elphie still rose up against everybody else and showed them all how even though she was a green girl she was so powerful. 

Another reason why a feminist would celebrate Wicked because of the song in the musical Defying Gravity. This song is the number one song from Wicked. It is Elphaba singing about how she is done with other people treating her like dirt just because she’s green. “I’m through accepting limits cause someone says they’re so. Some things I cannot change but till I try I’ll never know.” Elphie is an idol to girls all around the world. She doesn’t care about how everybody says she can’t do this and she can’t do that. Or even how everybody even her own father and sister say she’s a disgrace and an outcast. She’s just going to what she does best. Which is Defying Gravity.

In conclusion, this is why a feminist would celebrate the New York Times Bestseller and Broadway musical: Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

I'm through accepting limits

''cause someone says they're so

Some things I cannot change

But till I try, I'll never know!

Too long I've been afraid of

Losing love I guess I've lost

Well, if that's love

It comes at much too high a cost!

I'd sooner buy

Defying gravity

Kiss me goodbye

I'm defying gravity

And you can't pull me down

So if you care to find me

Look to the western sky!

As someone told me lately:

"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"

And if I'm flying solo

At least I'm flying free

To those who'd ground me

Take a message back from me

Tell them how I am

Defying gravity

I'm flying high

Defying gravity

And soon I'll match them in renown

And nobody in all of Oz

No Wizard that there is or was

Is ever gonna bring me down!

Bring me down!

Ahhh!

Construction Theory

A humanist would celebrate the book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because the main character Samantha learned from her bad choices to make a good choice.

To begin, in the book, Samantha died and tried to redo her life in a way that would safe her own life. She tried many times but each time she awoke to the day starting all over again and so she made each day better by doing things differently. Eventually she made good choices which are something a humanist would like.

To further my point, a humanist would like this story because she is rewarded for good deeds. Living that day over and over again began to be a burden for Samantha. In the end, Samantha just wanted to die happy with her choices. When Samantha was killed, she was rewarded with the happiness of the choices she had made that day and no longer having to live that day over. This concept of reward is something a humanist would like also.

In conclusion, a humanist would celebrate the book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because she makes goad choices and because she was rewarded for those choices.

Reader Response: Constructed Response

A person who is a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree and because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story.

First a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree because the main character Harry Potter has trouble making friends at first. When Harry first met Hermione he thought she was a brainy kid until they started finding things they had in common.  Also a reader response theorist would celebrate Draco Malfoy, Harry’s social enemy throughout Harry’s time at Hogwarts.  Harry and Draco always were butting heads throughout school, but Draco helped shaped Harry’s strenuous journey.

Also a reader response theorist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story like Harry’s conflict with Voldmort. Voldmort was the whole reason Harry became famous thus giving Harry a conflict and a journey.  

In conclusion that is why a reader response theroist would celebrate the book series Harry Potter because the theorist could relate to the character to a certain degree and because the theorist could depict the major conflict early in the story.

Constructive Response. Celebrate? Criticize? What one would you pick to describe how you felt about the theory Marxism?

One reason I would celebrate if the rich people gave food and money to the homeless and poor people. A way to celebrate would be Happy Feet 2 because the penguins land gets blocked off by a glacier that fell and happy feet and his son get stuck on the other side. The penguins get their food taken from them by the glacier because they had no way of getting to the ocean. The humans helped though instead of just watching them or capturing them, they help by chiseling the ice so it'll break so the penguins can get to the ocean again.

Another way to criticize would be Happy Feet where the humans took the penguin because he could dance and they've never seen a dancing penguin. They took him to make a profit off of him, instead of leaving him in his home.

In conculsion, I would celebrate if the poor people actually got reconized not just trampled on by the rich people. I would critizize if nothing ever changed between the two classes.

A humanist would criticize the song “Ain’t no rest for the Wicked” by Cage the Elephant because the it points out all peoples bad qualities and has no good morals.

In all the verses it takes situations of bad people. How they do things that are ‘wicked’. He encounters a sex workers and thieves. This song doesn’t show punishment for the bad, but says it’s just how people are. “I saw a preacher man in cuffs, He'd taken money from the church, He'd stuff his bank account with righteous Dollar bills” this line is the only proof of punishment for the bad.

Also, it shows no good morals. It mainly brings up all the bad ones. Thievery and prostitution are both part of what would be considered some of the worst things to do. The song mainly states people will do wrong and nothing can be done about it. In the song, after telling of all the bad morale people it states “Because I know we're all the same, Oh yes we all seek out to satisfy those thrills” Saying no one has good morals.

Thus why a humanist would dislike the song “Ain’t no rest for the Wicked” by Cage the Elephant.

This is how I would explain Feminism. First, Feminism can have a million examples. The example of feminism I chose is the song “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.” A feminist would celebrate.

First, this is an example of feminism because it’s saying how girls need to have their own lives and live it right. For example in the song it says “some boys take a beautiful girl, and hide her away from the rest of the world." This is saying that some guys take the most beautiful girls and don’t let them do anything. The girls want to just have fun like the boys. This is my example of feminism.

Second, example a feminist would celebrate is “Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge.” ~Andrea Dworkin People don’t think women are brave/strong enough to provide for themselves. They don’t think that women can do big things because they think the big adventures should be left to the men.

Last, this is how a feminist would celebrate..

A reader response theorist would celebrate the movie Johnny.

One reason they would celebrate this text is because this movie is emotional. It makes you feel something when you watch it. The main character has cancer, and he gets adopted several months before his predicted death. While he is living in his new home he has a sister and they go to the beach, and they have a good time. While those characters are smiling you are too because you feel for the boy. He does not have much time left and he is enjoying his life.

Another reason a reader response theorist would like this text is because they love stories you can connect to. This movie is a perfect example of that. Perhaps you know someone, or are related to someone who has cancer. There are times in the movie when the young boy is crying when he finds out just how short the rest of his life is said to be. You find yourself crying right along with him because you have grown attached to the character, and you do not want him to die.

Therefore, Johnny, is a text that a reader response theorist would celebrate.

Marxism!

Marxist would criticize the song "I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc.

Marxist would criticize this song because it’s about how a guy needs a dollar and wonders if anyone would give him a dollar to help him out but nobody does. In the song it says “And I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need. And if I share with you my story would you share your dollar with me." This example shows that the person is so desperate for a dollar that he would do anything just to get one. From the beginning of the song to the end he goes through struggles because he has no money and no one would give him money. Marxist would criticize this because they believe in the rich helping out the poor and Marxism is about how the poor people struggle from lack of money.

Another reason a Marxist would criticize this song is because in the song the guy finds a job to earn money and then the boss fires him. The song says, “Please Mr. Boss man I need this job more than you know But he gave me my last pay check and sent me out the door.” A Marxist would criticize this song because they believe that the poor work for their money and in the song the guy tried to work for his money but instead the boss fired him. Also this is an example of how the rich took advantage of the poor by not giving him the job when he needed the money the most. 

In closing a Marxist would criticize the song “I Need a Dollar “by Aloe Blacc

CONSTRUCTION THEORY – deconstruction

A deconstructionist would celebrate the book “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein.

One reason someone would celebrate this story is because the tree is a symbol.  The tree represents kindness. It gives off what it can until it can't anymore. It implies that you should be willing to help others with the skills you have. Helping others shows that your kind.

Another reason how people would celebrate this story is through friendship. The boy grew up with that tree and never forgot about it. The boy loved the tree and the tree loved it back. Therefore friendship is forever.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the book for the symbolism of “The Giving Tree”.

A feminist would celebrate the book ‘I am a solider to the Jessica’ Lynch’ by Rick Bragg.

One reason they would celebrate this story is because this 19 year old girl is in the military and it shows that the military isn’t just for men. It does this by saying how hard of a worker she was in boat camp.

Another reason they would celebrate this book is because this story shows that girls can fight right along side of the men. It does this by saying that when her convoy was attacked she was fighting right along side all of the men in the convoy.

In conclusion, a feminist would celebrate the book ‘I am a solider to the Jessica’ Lynch’ by Rick Bragg.

A TV show that represents humanism is Teen Mom 2. Teen Mom 2 is a show about teen girls who have children at a young age.

An example would be because Katelyn made this choice she has to share custody of her son with her ex boy friend. When Katelyn made this bad decision it made it so her son would never have a mommy and daddy who would get along. This is relates because Katelyn made a bad choice and humanism is about how you get punishes for bad choices.

Another example is when Janelle made the bad decision to have a child at a young age she was so stresses out she was doing drugs and her mom was now her son’s guardian. Janelle made these bad choices which sent her to court many times but also sent her to jail a few. This is also related because Janelle decide to drugs and got in lots of troulbe for it and humanism is about getting punished for the bad things you choice to do.

In colclusion, the TV show Teen Mom 2 is related to humanism because these young mom's mad a bad choice so now they have many problems to face.

Gianni F Ms. Transue English February 2nd 2012 Reader Response A piece of text that a reader response theorist would celebrate is the book Monsters of Men.

This book would be celebrated because the story has clear plot points and they are all used perfectly. What I mean by this is that none of the parts of the story feel too long or too short. This is pretty amazing considering that this is the final book in a series so you would expect there to be almost no exposition since you already know all the characters but that isn't the case with this book. The book outlines all the major event in the past books in a nice enough way that it didn't bother me even though I knew all the information already.

Another reason that this text would be celebrated is because of the response that it invokes in it's readers. This book is filled to the brim with twists and turns. Also the characters feel fleshed out and you honestly care for them when they are hurt or killed. By doing this the writer allows the reader to become so engrossed in the story that they feel like one of the main characters or a bystander to the events in the text. The final reason that this text would be celebrated is because all the characters experience an emotional climax. In this story all the characters change for better or for worse.

In conclusion, these are some reasons that Monsters of Men would be celebrated.

Deconstruction? (:

A Deconstrucion would critize the childrens show Spongbob.

First, what do you think of when you hear deconstruction? The TV show SpongeBob would be considered deconstruction because it doesn’t use good vocabulary it`s all, words that we know in our daily living of life. One reason I’m saying this is because when you sit down to watch SpongeBob, you think of this is a kid’s show, and you’re exactly right this is what they are showing your kids in the year 2012.

Secondly, they are showing your children something’s that they should not be showing them because one other reason is that it shows them how to do stuff they shouldn’t like lying to them and everything about how they aren’t being friends with everyone.

In conclusion, A Deconstruction would critize the childrens show Spongbob.

A feminist would celebrate the movie “Million Dollar Baby” .

One reason they would celebrate this text is because the woman (Hilary Swank ) wants to be a boxer. One of the greats but everywhere she turn she is being turned down by ‘big time hot shots’ trainers because she is a girl.

Until she was just about to give up hope she gave it another chance and put her better foot forward . She went to a trainer and demanded that they train her and that she has was it takes to be a boxer even though she is a girl she can keep up with the guys.

In Conclusion a feminist would celebrate the movie "Million Dollar Baby" because the girl can be like the guys and or could be better.

The TV show Cops is something a humanist would celebrate. They would celebrate it because the people who do bad things are caught and usually punished. First off the suspects are almost always caught. For example if a person is speeding and the cop tries to pull them over and they resist they have reinforcements come and block roads or corner them. If the cops do this the person has no choice but to give themselves up. In addition to being caught they are sometimes arrested. For instance when they catch a person doing drugs or something else illegal they take them to the police station. A humanist would celebrate this because it’s the bad guy getting punished. In conclusion a humanist would celebrate the television show Cops because the bad guy is caught and they are usually convicted for the crimes they have commited.

Construction Theory

A deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten by Jan Brett.

One reason why a deconstructionist celebrate the book The Mitten is because it has a lot of detail to it. The border to the story has what else is going on then what is on the page. The border is the story line then the actual page has a small fraction of the border to expand on.  A reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this book is because it has details. A deconstructionist looks for a text that has a lot of details and this book does.  

Another reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten is because it has a lot of symbolism to it. The mitten was like a home to the animals it gave them shelter and warmth, and to the little boy who lost his mitten it gave him warmth and protection to the snow. Another reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this is because the mitten symbolizes a house.  A deconstructionist loves a text with symbolism in it and this book has a lot of symbolism to it.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten by Jan Brett.

A deconstructionist would criticize the TV show Beavis and Butthead because of the unintelligence of their choice of word.

One reason they would criticize this show is because of the bad use of vocabulary. The two main characters do not use proper grammar very much. One thing they say a lot is “ They should have a name for this kind of music.” These guys do not use intelligent language at all.

Another reason they would criticize the show is because the things it teaches kids. If younger kids start watching this show, they could be influenced in the wrong way. The kids could start acting and talking like them.

In conclusion, a Deconstructionist would criticize the show Beavis and Butthead.

constructed response

a Marxist would critisize the book The Hunger Games

They would criticize this book because in this book the upper class people are making the lower class people compete in a death match and are watching it on televisions and laughing about it. A Marxist would criticize this because it should The wealthy and the higher class being better than the lower class people.

Another reason they would criticize this is because the rich people make the contestants do interviews and if they like you or think you should win more than others they will send you things like water or food or weapons. Only if you deprive yourself and do good in the interview.

A marxist would criticize the book The Hunger Games. Because the rich people are making the poor people do things that they do not want to do.

Construction Theory

The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response. Reader response focuses on the reader’s journey and the author’s purpose. The Percy Jackson books follow this theory because the reader can enjoy these books, the books are funny, and the setting is in modern day.

First, the reader can enjoy these books because it’s a good story. The story is well written and the reader will enjoy these books. Reader response also applies to this story because the reader can laugh while reading these books. The story’s setting is in modern day and this allows the reader to connect with the book. These three things focuses on the reader’s journey.

Second, the author’s purpose in this book is to give the reader a good story. The author’s purpose is also to give knowledge about Greek mythology. This happens because the story is about a kid who is the son of a god. The reader learns about Greek mythology because the author put a lot about Greek mythology in these books.

Finally, the Percy Jackson Books focus on the reader’s journey. These books also have a strong author’s purpose in them. The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response.

Construction Theory- Historicism

A Historicist would celebrate the book The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank because it was written in the same time period of the Holocaust, and they would also celebrate the book because it was wtitten by someone who witnessed the Holocaust.

One reason a historicist would celebrate this book is because the book is written in the same period of the Holocaust. It shows what Anne went through when she had to hide in the attic. It captured the setting of the book real well; historicist would like that because it brought the feel and agony to the book.

Another reson a Historicist would celebrate the book is because the book was written by someone who witnessed this horible act in our history. It's better than having someone who reasearched it write about it, than someone who auctally saw the stuff happen.

Finally a Historicist would celebrate the book The Diary of Anne Frank becuase it was written in the same time period and it was also written by someone who witnessed the Holocoust.

Do you think money is an important role in how people live? Do you think that people are treated differently depending on their classification in the world by money? Do upper class people get treated better than the lower class, or the poor?

Marxism criticizes texts and songs that judge and separate people because of money, but celebrate work that shows that all classes are equal. In the song, “Price Tag” by Jessie J she expresses that she believes that the world shouldn’t be judged by money.

Another reason, Marxists would celebrate this text because she is explaining why she thinks price shouldn’t be an effect on people and the world shouldn’t be separated by money. It states in the song, “It’s not about the money, money, money. We don’t need your money, money, money. We just wanna’ make the world dance, forget about the price tags.” She is saying money shouldn’t separate people in the world so you shouldn’t separate people by money amounts. Another quote from the song that Marxists would celebrate would be, “Why is everyone so obsessed? Money can’t buy us happiness.” She’s saying that you can’t buy happiness with money, so why is it the only thing people worry about.

In cocnlusion, Marxists would celebrate this text because it doesn’t judge others because of money.

Construction Theory- Historicism

A Historicist would celebrate The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank.

One reason Historicists would celebrate this book because it goes back to the Holocaust and it is very historically correct. This book is very accurate with the Holocaust because it is from the diary of Anne Frank who was actually in the Holocaust.

Another reason Historicists would celebrate this book because in the book it described the same setting as the setting that was really there during the holocaust. It is very important to Historicists that everything makes sense for the dates, times, and background in books and everything made sense in this book especially because it was from the point of view of a person that was actually there. An example of why historicists would celebrate this book would be how in the book Anne Frank and her family had to hide because they were jewish. If they didn't hide the nazi's would have found them and they would have been sent to a concentration camp. This is a good example because that part of history reallly happened and it was very historically correct

In conclusion, a Historicist would celebrate The Diary of Anne Frank.

Construction Theory: Historicism

Historicists would celebrate The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank because it is descriptive and accurate.

First, they would like this book because it provides details about her life and what it was like at the concentration camps, to live in hiding, in such close quarters with a minimum amount of space, privacy, and food to eat. It can also provide you with what Anne Frank felt and how she loved her family.

Secondly, Historicists would also like this book because it is very accurate at providing the correct information. For example is says how they rode to the camps and what it was like when they got there. It also tells what the ride to the concentration camp was like and how it felt to be there with all the other Jewish people. Finally, Historicists would like The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank because it is descriptive and accurate.

Construction Theory Feminist Feminists would greatly criticize the movie The Little Mermaid because she changes herself solely to please a man and endangers her life in attempt to snag his attention.

Ariel, the mermaid protagonist of the movie, changes her physical form exclusively to fit the shallow requirements of a human male. For example, she gives up her voice to change her body completely, to be able to be with Prince Eric. In the middle of the story Ariel gives her voice to Ursula so she can change from mermaid, to human. This would be greatly criticized because a girl changes herself for a man, which would make her lesser than him.

Now onto the next example of the issue. While trying to please Prince Eric, Ariel endangers her own life. This is due to the fact that she 1) gives up her voice, and 2) changes her physical form. This endangers her because she doesn’t have any way to communicate, and doesn’t know how to walk with legs. Feminist would criticize this because she seems helpless and deep in love, which most women are not.

As you can see, feminists would not like the movie The Little Mermaid due to the factors of her need to please a man and in the act, looking like a helpless child while doing so.

Construction Theory

Anyone who knows me probably knows my obsession with Pink Floyd. Also what better than for a blog than to use something by them. I chose the song "Waiting For The Worms" because I think that it has a lot to do with Humanism. Humanist experts would definitely celebrate this song.

My first reasoning behind why I believe it has examples of Humanism is the lines "Waiting to weed out the weaklings, Waiting to smash in their windows

,and kick in their doors, waiting for the final solution". With those lines, they're showing you the mindset of a powerful corrupt system or government. An example would be the Nazi party.

The second reason that actually without a doubt takes in through the eyes of the Nazi party is "Waiting to turn on the showers

And fire the ovens

Waiting for the queens and the coons

and the reds and the jews

Waiting to follow the worms". Those lines although some people interpret that as being supportive of the Nazi party, are in fact strongly against that way of thinking.

This song was about exposing that way of thinking and getting a message of how pointless and evil wars and governments and even people can be. Humanism experts would celebrate this song for trying to expel hateful thinking and advance towards more peaceful methods.

Feminists would not like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I am not a feminist.

Construction Theory

Feminists would frown upon the song “She Looks To Me” by Red Hot Chili Peppers because it implies that women aren’t as strong as men and the mentioned woman in the song supposedly needs a man to look up to.

In the song, the opinion that men are more enduring is projected; one verse of the lyrics says “who’s going to take you home when things aren’t so bright? She looks to me.” This verse, and almost all others in the song, implies that every woman needs a man to protect her when things get hard to handle.

Also in the song is the implied surmise that women need a man to idolize. The lyrics of the song say, “She’s searching for another light, she looks to me.” Feminists would most definitely criticize this, for it suggests that women are inferior to men; that women should look up to men.

Although it is, in my opinion, a wonderful piece of music by a magnificent band that has been making music for nigh on thirty years, feminists would not appreciate it so much because it generally implies that men are superior to women.

Deconstruction Blog.

A deconstructionist would celebrate the song “Where You Are” by Rascal Flatts because the speaker refers to himself and his girl as inanimate objects, which demonstrates deeper meanings.

One reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because when the speaker says, “You’re a waterfall, washing over me / I’m a thirsty man let me drink you in” he is saying that he wants to be with the girl and he wants her to let him love her. A deconstructionist would be in favor for this because he isn’t literally a waterfall, he has deeper meaning.

Another example that illustrates why a deconstructionist would approve of this song is because the speaker uses symbolism. He says, “I’m the frozen ground, you’re the warm sunlight.”  He is using a “frozen ground” and “warm sunlight” to symbolize how she makes him feel warm inside.

In conclusion a deconstructionist would celebrate the song, “Where You Are” by Rascal Flatts because he shows deeper meaning and uses symbolism.

Marxists would criticize the movie Hugo. They would criticize Hugo because money is unequal and because the main character Hugo struggles to survive because he has no money.

One of the many reasons that marxists would criticize Hugo because money is unequal and causes conflict in the story. Hugo was a clock maker’s son. Then, Hugo's father dies and he looses everything. After that, Hugo goes to live with his poor uncle who keeps the clocks running at a train station just to survive.

Also, marxists would criticize Hugo because Hugo struggles to survive when his uncle runs off and nobody notices. Hugo starts to steal food and drinks from vendors & people from the station. Hugo gets no money to live on. Also, Hugo lives in the walls of the train station.

In conclusion marxists would criticize Hugo because money is unequal & the main character struggles to survive because he has no money. This is why Marxists would criticize the movie Hugo.

The Readers Response would criticize the movie The Women in Black.

They would criticize it because it was very slow and had no point really.

When I was watching the movie I was pretty mad I spent my money on it to watch it because I thought it was stupid. It was ridiculously slow getting to the point and it really didn’t have a point.

This movie also didn't have a climax to it either. I’m not the only one who would criticize it. When we went to the movie there were only about 10 people in the whole movie theater, I don’t think they were impressed by the movie either. The person I went with did not like the movie also.

In conclusion, a Reader's Response would criticize the movie The Women in Black.

Historicism

I have a cycle of books that would be a great endeavor for people that use historicism. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paloni incorporates fantasy with actual information on medieval punishments, military tactics, armor, and sword making taken from how the medieval countries would produce them for their soldiers.

In the third book of the inheritance cycle a guy named Roran( Eragon’s Brother) disobeys his captain’s orders and takes 50 lashes. The other option was to take 30 lashes and leave the military. The very last punishment is one used more often than not is to be hung. The hanging was the most used method for this type of punishment at the time to instill fear in the ranks and make them listen.

Secondly, the armor making is described in these books on a few occasions. The instructions put in these books were used by Britain when sword and shields were used. It would describe taking the mail armor and how it was made ring by ring. It also explained if you did not link  the metal fast enough you would have to reheat the metal.

Then comes the sword making. In this book it tells you about the Japanese art of sword making. Swords made in this fashion were extremely valuable and took 24 hours of work to create it strong and durable. These swords were only given to high ranking officers. The swords were given to people in ceremonies of great importance.

In conclusion the Inheritance Cycle is a fantasy book series with actual historical knowledge on the making of armor and swords and battle tactics that were used and have been used, and the punishments used in medieval times.