Copyright (c) 2014 by Leah O Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Leah O -- Blogmeister

Leah's page!

class 2015

by Leah O

teacher: Melanie Transue

Chilumfin: 3rd times a charm

3rd person Omniscient

The narrator knows everyone’s thoughts.

The trees swayed in the breeze as the sun started to fall beneath the horizon, as if hiding from the rising moon. Lonely and drained of all life, a small man by the name of Chilumfin sat. He heard a ghoulish voice outside his window, seeming to be whispering his name. Then, the window suddenly shattered and Chilumfin sat up with shadows of fear in his eyes.

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. His evil mind was boiling with thoughts of wicked schemes. Chilumfin was horrified. As he let out a scream of fright, he steamed with anger. He intended to pulverize that psycho pappy once he got the chance!

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes, searching for someone to love her. She longed for a real friend. In that moment, something deep down in the heart of the previously isolated and secluded soul, Chilumfin changed. He was no longer burdensome and empty, but was filled with a mystifying sensation of complete cherishment.

Third Person Limited Omniscient

The narrator knows just some characters thoughts

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. It appeared as if he was unhinged from reality . Chilumfin was horrified. As he let out a scream of fright, he steamed with anger. He intended to pulverize that psycho pappy once he got the chance!

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes. It looked as if she had not had a real friend in her young pathetic life. In that moment, something deep down in the heart of the previously isolated and secluded soul, Chilumfin changed. He was no longer burdensome and empty, but was filled with a mystifying sensation of complete cherishment.

Third Person Dramatic

Tells no thoughts of any character

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. It appeared as if he was unhinged from reality . Chilumfin‘s face turned red as he let out a scream of fright.

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes. It looked as if she had not had a real friend in her young pathetic life. In that moment, the anger and hatred drained from the eyes of Chilumfin. From then on he no longer treated the old man and little girl as if they were a burden, but he treated them like a farmer treats his beloved pigs.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 08:00 AM • comment (4) • Reads 75 • see all articles