Copyright (c) 2014 by Leah O Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Leah O -- Blogmeister

Leah's page!

class 2015

by Leah O

teacher: Melanie Transue

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

As the air outside is getting colder, we can now get ready for the Christmas season. November is the last month of fall, and the holiday times are approaching. For me, Christmas is by far the best time of the year. The snow outside is heavenly. The Christmas tree gives off the aroma of peace and love. Christmas Carols are being  sung around the campfire by joyful families. The nativity scene is being displayed and the story is gently being explained to little ones. Soft Ginger bread cookies are cooking in the oven, filling the house with the scents of Christmas.

Coming with the Christmas season is snow! Snow is my favorite because I can go snowboarding. I love snowboarding because it is really fun, it is an awesome bonding experience to spend time with someone, and it is an activity that you can do almost everywhere that there is snow. You can go snowboard down your roof or go to Vermont. My winter sport is also why I love this season so much. I love swimming. I am very exited for my first year of being on the varsity swim team. These are only a few of the reasons that I absolutely adore this time of the year.                                   

Chilumfin: 3rd times a charm

3rd person Omniscient

The narrator knows everyone’s thoughts.

The trees swayed in the breeze as the sun started to fall beneath the horizon, as if hiding from the rising moon. Lonely and drained of all life, a small man by the name of Chilumfin sat. He heard a ghoulish voice outside his window, seeming to be whispering his name. Then, the window suddenly shattered and Chilumfin sat up with shadows of fear in his eyes.

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. His evil mind was boiling with thoughts of wicked schemes. Chilumfin was horrified. As he let out a scream of fright, he steamed with anger. He intended to pulverize that psycho pappy once he got the chance!

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes, searching for someone to love her. She longed for a real friend. In that moment, something deep down in the heart of the previously isolated and secluded soul, Chilumfin changed. He was no longer burdensome and empty, but was filled with a mystifying sensation of complete cherishment.

Third Person Limited Omniscient

The narrator knows just some characters thoughts

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. It appeared as if he was unhinged from reality . Chilumfin was horrified. As he let out a scream of fright, he steamed with anger. He intended to pulverize that psycho pappy once he got the chance!

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes. It looked as if she had not had a real friend in her young pathetic life. In that moment, something deep down in the heart of the previously isolated and secluded soul, Chilumfin changed. He was no longer burdensome and empty, but was filled with a mystifying sensation of complete cherishment.

Third Person Dramatic

Tells no thoughts of any character

`    “Cowabunga!” screeched a crazy old man as he crashed through the window. It appeared as if he was unhinged from reality . Chilumfin‘s face turned red as he let out a scream of fright.

Abruptly, the door creaked open. There stood an innocent child, tearstained, and ragged. She looked up into Chilumfin’s eyes. It looked as if she had not had a real friend in her young pathetic life. In that moment, the anger and hatred drained from the eyes of Chilumfin. From then on he no longer treated the old man and little girl as if they were a burden, but he treated them like a farmer treats his beloved pigs.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 01:54 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 56

DAsH FoR CaSh:October Freewrite

Your heart is pounding as you hear your name, pronounced slowly over the loudspeaker. You approach the starting gate, as your horse is rearing to run. It feels like  the whole world slows down when you start to run for the fist barrel, then second, then, when you turn the third barrel, the world seems to come alive again screaming for you to "bring her home!" and "GO!" My favorite thing to do is barrel race my horse, and I would never be able to live without it.

Ever since I was eight and had my little mini pony, I have loved horses. When l used to ride my pony he would buck me and I would fall off, but I would just get back on. I am still learning that you have to get back on after dissapointments. Last year I was in 4-H and made it to the State Horse show. I made it in only one event, so I was really nervous. At the big show, I kind of had an accident. I got my belt stuck around the horn of my saddle so I couldn't stop when I started running. And it pretty much ruined my run. I hurt my pelvis really bad, and also a couple of my fingers were hurting. It was really dissapointing. Now, in a week, I am going back down to Harrisburg to go to States again. I hope I do better this time!

September Free Write

Have you ever dressed up on Halloween? Have you ever thought it was creepy? Do you like Halloween? On Halloween little kids are encouraged to dress up as witches, vampires, and devils. Imagine how little kids would act if they dressed as devils. Should the little kids really be into such scary things, like they are on Halloween?I think Halloween should be a time for candy, carving punkins, and donuts and cider. Not scaring people. On Halloween people decorate their houses and they don't even look nice. They are just presenting themselves in a creepy way. When

I was a little kid, the worst part about Halloween was when you walked up to a house and an old lady in a witch costume was there. Why is she doing it? To scare the little kids! It's not very good for the kids to be scared like that. They probably have nightmares about it. I think the little kids should be dressing up as cowboys and princesses, not creepy things. Lets bring the scary out of Halloween and make it fun!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 01:43 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 51

Pay Attention to Me!

Who would you consider a hero? Is it someone who saves lives? Someone who is brave? Many people have heroes who have fought in a war or saved someone’s life. Do you think of teachers as heroes? I do not think that teachers are heroes because they are just normal people, they are just doing their job, and they don’t really save lives.

Imagine being part of a school with people who don’t really care for each other. They don’t know right from wrong, and don’t know any of their morals. This would lead to disrespect, hatred, and maybe even racism between the students in the school. I believe to prevent this from happening the teachers of the school should teach morals as part of their curriculum. They should teach this because some of the students do not get taught at home, it would reflect on their overall grades, and it would help improve the community.

"The Djin Who Lived Between Night and Day"

It is okay to lie.

In the  story, "The Djinn Who Lives Between Night and Day", Al-faq lies to the the father and tells him that his family would be alive if he ran away and never came back. Then, he lies to the village people and tells them and he was holy and that they should go feed him. In my opinion, it was ok for the man to lie because it was for the good of this man. He only did it to help him. This Myth story can be applied to real life situations, even though it has many fictitious characters in it.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 01:58 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

A Visual Representation of Me!

Hi! I'm Leah Joy Ofalt and I am a Freshman this year. For my first project of this year I decorated front of my English binder. It's a visual Representation of Me!

A meaningful quote that I put on my binder is by my Grandpa.

"In sports, as in life, you must give it your all. If you don't, you will fall. You must be strong in body and mind, listening and oveying the coaches command. In the end there is satisfaction in a game well played."

This quote means a lot to my because my grandpa said it. He is really supportive of me when he comes and watches all of my soccer games and swim meets.

One of my favorite things to do is barrel race. I am a member of the National Barrel Horse Association (NBHA) with my horse, Katie.

My favorite book is a book that I have loved since I was a little girl. It is called Little Bear, by Else Holmelund Minarik.

Something that I chose for a representation of my personality is a smiley face because I like being happy and I am most of the time.

For my last picture I chose to  have a couple pictures of my friends and family. I put them on my binder because they mean alot to me and I love them. It's really encouraging to know that someone is there for you all the time and that you are not alone.

That is my Visual Representaion and I hope you liked it.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries