Copyright (c) 2014 by Ryan K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ryan K -- Blogmeister

-

by Ryan K teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 04:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 147

May Free Write

Trip

How you ever wanted to go somewhere that you haven’t gone in a while? Well, I have. About a month ago I was released from the doctor’s care for my eye injury. After I was released from the doctor’s care I was able to do anything, so I went and picked up new dirt bike and went riding. I felt better than I had felt for about three weeks.

I wasn’t able to do anything after my eye injury, but now I can. I was so glad it was a nice day to go riding. I was riding for about three hours then finally went back to the cabin to hang out with our friends. That whole week I went all over that mountain. I was so happy I got a new bike and was able to go riding. I also was so thankful that I had my vision. Another thing is that I can see a lot better and I am thankful for that.

That whole week I wasn’t able to see was the worst I have ever felt before. Now I don’t take advantage of seeing. Another thing is that I have to be very careful about going outside in the sunlight because my eye is still very sensitive and all ways will be. About the air soft guns I got back into it about two weeks when I was released from the doctor’s care. But my doctor still tells me that I was very lucky because it could have been a lot worse.

In my experience I have learned to listen to my parents and not to get shot in the eye. With this I have never felt as good as this and never take advantage of my parents.

Dear freshy

The most important thing you will need to know when coming into 9th grade is to stay on top of things such as you have to blog once a month for English. If you stay on top of things such as homework and study for test you should turn out find. Science with Mr.Wolcock is fun you do a lot of experiments and other things that are fun. With Mr.Hein you learn a lot about how today’s world is going on and who is going to be elected and all your civil rights. With Mrs. Farr you will learn about the body and what not to do as in drugs and she shows how they affect the body. Also you would learn how you can stay away from alcohol, like if you are driving and you have a case of beer in the back before you take off think about what are you going to do with it. Also in English you will find out that you do lots of blogging and how it can be fun.

Now with the fun things you get to go on a class strip to Dorney Park. You can go to prep rails and they are the most fun you get to go and just have fun and see what people are in with sports.

Sincerely,

Ryan

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 08:50 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 53

Ryan Keough

Sing It Out

Do you think that Taylor Swift would write a song about a four-hundred year old play? She did.  She wrote a song called, “Love Story,” and it is based on the play called Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. These two have some similarities and one major difference

There are tons of things that are alike that are in the book and song. For example, when in the song it says,” We were both young when I first saw you.” This is exactly what happens in the play because they are both young at the party when they first saw each other.

Also, in Taylor Swift’s song she says, “I’m standing there on a balcony in the summer air.” It is the same as when they both are on the balcony and they didn’t want to say good night to each other.

Another lyric is, “See the party, the ball gowns, I see you make your way through the crowd.” This is similar to the play because when they both are at the ball they set eyes on each other. Another similar lyric is, “We keep quiet because we’re dead if they knew. “ This means that when they got married they kept it a secret because they didn’t want anybody to know.

The song by Taylor Swift and the book Romeo and Juliet have some differences because the song says, “I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress”. In the book it doesn’t say anything about taking to her father. 

The song, “Love Story,” ends with a happy ending, but the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, has a tragic ending. The song’s ending is not anything similar to the ending of the book. It just ends with, “Say yes”.  In the book, four characters die. It is a bloody and gory ending. Taylor Swift’s ending is better than the ending of the book.

In conclusion, there are some similarities and differences about the book Romeo and Juliet and the song by Taylor Swift  called “Love Story.” 

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 07:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 58

March Free Write

Ryan K

How you ever have been told that you couldn’t go to work because of and injury? Well I have and it is not fun. The thing that stinks about not doing the job you like is you sit there on your weekend at home doing nothing. let me tell you that is the worse part I couldn’t to go out on the nice days and hang out with friends. I just had to sit there and watch TV. Also when I heard my fire department had a call I was in the happit of grapping my gear and take off over to the station but I had to tell my self that I couldn’t go because of I was injured and I couldn’t go.

After about 2 weeks I was able to return to school and get the missing work that I missed but I was still unable to return to the fire department and I was getting ancy I had to do something I couldn’t sit there any longer. After a few days I went to the eye doctor and then he told me that I was able to return to work I was a free man. I could do anything that night I was sitting there and I notice that we had a call of a crash and then I did what I was trained to do.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 07:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 62

Ryan K

April Free Write

Ryan k

April free

Have you ever ignored advice from your parents? Using safety equipment is a good idea when doing dangerous sports. Here is what happened to me. My friend and I were outside having an air soft war. I came around the corner and turned to see where he was. Next thing I know, a bb hit me in the eye. All I saw out my right eye was red from the blood.

The next day I went to two doctors to look at my eye. They told me to do nothing over the weekend except rest. After a week of rest, doctor visits, and steroids I was finally able to come back to school. After about 2 weeks I finally saw fully out of my right eye. Then a few days later I was able to go back to work and do anything. I was happy I would not have to sit at home and do nothing. I was free. I still have my vision. Still, I have to be very careful about what I do because I still have a good chance that it could start bleeding again.

If I learned anything from this experience it is, wear your safety gear. It will help and stop you from getting shot in the eye and save you from not seeing and pain. Another thing I learned from this experience don’t give your friend a loader air gun. Tell him that he is bad at shooting because it might end up like me. Also don’t ignore your parents because they know what they are talking about

Ryan K.

Construction Theory – Marxism

"It's not about the money, money, money

We don't need your money, money, money

We just wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag

Ain't about the (uh) Cha-Ching Cha-Ching

Ain't about the (yeah) Ba-Bling Ba-Bling

Wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag.

Why is everybody so obsessed?

Money can't buy us happiness

Can we all slow down and enjoy right now

Guarantee we'll be feeling alright"

The song, "Price Tag" by Jessie J. has Marxism in it because it talks about how money does not buy everything, especially happiness.

The first example of Marxism is when she sings, “…we don’t need your money, money money…” because it says that we don’t need money and she just wants to forget about the price tag on everything because money is not important to her. A Marxist would criticize this song because they want money and think it is important.

The second example of Marxism is when she sings, “Money can’t buy us happiness…” It shows that money does not buy happiness. She says the way to happiness is to enjoy right now. A Marxist would again criticize this because they think happiness comes from money.

Finally, this is how Marxism is related to the song, “Price Tag” by Jessie J.

Works Cited

"Price Tag" Lyrics." JESSIE J LYRICS. Web. 26 Mar. 2012. <[LINK]>.

Februrary Free Write

Do you rember the time you went hunting? Did you get anything on your first day? Did everthing go as plan?

The first time that I went hunting was four years ago and it was the first time that I shot a bear. I remember the day clearly. It was a very cold day and we were sitting in the woods at our friend’s house. It was in the morning and we had to get up and walk around so the blood would move though our bodies. Finally we decided to go back to the truck because walking around didn’t help get us warm. We had about a twenty minute walk back to the truck.

While walking to the truck we saw a big black bear walking around. My dad stopped me and showed me the bear. Then I waited till the bear to come out of the woods. I waited calmly for the bear to walk between two trees. Then I put my gun up and shot. Then the bear turned around and came my way, so I put another bullet in my chamber. The bear dropped twenty feet in front of me. The most fun was trying to drag out a bear about four hundered fifty pounds up a huge hill by myself because my dad was waiting for a deer to come out where he can get a shot on it. Then one minute later he got the deer to. We had to drag the deer about three miles till we could get the truck to the trail.

I Am so glad my dad got me into hunting I hope to do it forever. I will pass it down to my kids and hope they like it as much as I do.

Why does the bulet kill the dust which?

Why would people want to ride the carousel?

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 01:46 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

What id the Dust Witch doing in part II of this book?