Copyright (c) 2014 by Mari H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mari H -- Blogmeister

-

by Mari H teacher: Melanie Transue

Mari H                                

Sheila Mant is mean                                                               

Do u want to hear a story about a 12 year old liking a 17 year old girl? Sheila Mant and the narrator are both stereo types because she is always talking about herself, friends, and not looking at the narrator.

Sheila Mant acts like a typical blonde. She always is talking about her, and her friends, and she doesn’t even looking at the narrator. The way she always is talking about herself is because on page 8 she is talking about Eric and how he said that “I have the figure to be a model”.  She is always talking about her friends and not asking the narrator things about him. On page 4 she was looking at Eric when he went by. She didn’t even look at the narrator when they were in the boat. She always had her feet in the water and had her back toward the narrator.

You may say Sheila Mant is not a typical blonde because she took the ride with him in the boat when she didn’t like boats or fishing. She is a stereotypical blonde because she didn’t talk to the narrator. When they were in the boat she didn’t look at him and didn’t talk to him. On page 10 is when she finally talked to him but all she said is that she was going home with Eric and that he was a funny kid, and different, and odd.

The narrator is a stereotype because he is fishing and not talking to Sheila Mant and not looking at her and he has a crush on an older woman. The narrator is fishing when they are in the boat and he is more worried about not getting the fish then talking to Sheila Mant. He is not trying to get her to like him and he is fishing even though she doesn’t like fishing. He asked her if she would like to go to the fair with him but she asked him what the noise was from the line was, he said it was a bat.. They were half way there and they weren’t talking. She was just talking about herself. When they got there she danced with him and later said that he was funny diffent, odd. She was really mean to him because she went home with another guy and didn’t go home with him. He let the fish go and it haunted him for a long time. The whole summer it haunted him because he let the fish go. [The reason why she went home with Eric is because he had a car and the narrator didn’t have a car because he was only 12 and she was 17.]

That is my story about a 13 year old liking a 17 year old girl. There are some reasons why they are both stereo types because she is always talking about herself, friends, and not looking at the narrator and the narrator is not talking to her and fishing.

Works Cited

Wetherell, W. D. "The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant" Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers. Logan, IO: Perfection Learning, 2008. 4-10. Print.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 07:35 AM • comment • Reads 113 • see all articles