Copyright (c) 2014 by Mari H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mari H -- Blogmeister

-

by Mari H teacher: Melanie Transue

Will Jim and Mr. Holloway

Ohh Ohh pick me

Mari H

What is Will, Jim, and Mr. Halloway's relationship like?

Will, Jim and the Carnival

Ohh, Ohh Pick Me!

Mari H

Will and Jim are so different…How are they such good friends?

Why is the carnival so creepy when it is actually suppose to be fun?

Mari H

November Free write

Did you know that you can't get a disease by hugging a kid that has the disease? Did you know that you can get it by kissing them? Did you know another way that you can get it is by an open cut?

According to Extreme Make Home Edition there was an episode that went and shows how you can catch a disease. The only way that you can get it by kissing but you can get it by hugging. Some people think that you can get it by hugging but you can’t. The people that think that you can get a disease by hugging you are wrong.

Would you like to be picking on if you had a disease? It’s not right they are kids just like you. They have something that they got from their mom or dad or they were born with it. You can hug then all you want because you will not get by hugging. If you know someone that has a disease doesn’t be scared to hugging them.

Another way that you can get it is by an open cut. If you don’t have an open cut or you don’t kiss them you will be fine and you won’t get it. Some people say mean things to the kids. If you know kids that are picking on the kids that have a disease. You see that they are picking on them ask then nicely to stop.

Mari H

3rd Time’s a Charm

3rd person Omniscient

The cat and the mouse were in the barn. The cat was thinking that the mouse was good to eat. The mouse was thinking that he wanted to run from the cat. The cat was thinking that he wanted the mouse for Thanksgiving dinner. The mouse was thinking that the cheese was Thanksgiving dinner.

3rd person Limited

The cat and the mouse were in the barn. The cat was looking at the mouse. The mouse was thinking about running away from the cat. The cat was licking his lips. The mouse was thinking that he wanted the cheese for Thanksgiving dinner.

3rd person Dramatic

The cat and the mouse were in the barn. The cat was looking at the mouse.

The mouse said, “I want to run away from the cat!” The cat licked his lips.

The mouse said, “I want the cheese for Thanksgiving dinner.”

The cat said, “I want that mouse for Thanksgiving dinner."

Mari H                                

Sheila Mant is mean                                                               

Do u want to hear a story about a 12 year old liking a 17 year old girl? Sheila Mant and the narrator are both stereo types because she is always talking about herself, friends, and not looking at the narrator.

Sheila Mant acts like a typical blonde. She always is talking about her, and her friends, and she doesn’t even looking at the narrator. The way she always is talking about herself is because on page 8 she is talking about Eric and how he said that “I have the figure to be a model”.  She is always talking about her friends and not asking the narrator things about him. On page 4 she was looking at Eric when he went by. She didn’t even look at the narrator when they were in the boat. She always had her feet in the water and had her back toward the narrator.

You may say Sheila Mant is not a typical blonde because she took the ride with him in the boat when she didn’t like boats or fishing. She is a stereotypical blonde because she didn’t talk to the narrator. When they were in the boat she didn’t look at him and didn’t talk to him. On page 10 is when she finally talked to him but all she said is that she was going home with Eric and that he was a funny kid, and different, and odd.

The narrator is a stereotype because he is fishing and not talking to Sheila Mant and not looking at her and he has a crush on an older woman. The narrator is fishing when they are in the boat and he is more worried about not getting the fish then talking to Sheila Mant. He is not trying to get her to like him and he is fishing even though she doesn’t like fishing. He asked her if she would like to go to the fair with him but she asked him what the noise was from the line was, he said it was a bat.. They were half way there and they weren’t talking. She was just talking about herself. When they got there she danced with him and later said that he was funny diffent, odd. She was really mean to him because she went home with another guy and didn’t go home with him. He let the fish go and it haunted him for a long time. The whole summer it haunted him because he let the fish go. [The reason why she went home with Eric is because he had a car and the narrator didn’t have a car because he was only 12 and she was 17.]

That is my story about a 13 year old liking a 17 year old girl. There are some reasons why they are both stereo types because she is always talking about herself, friends, and not looking at the narrator and the narrator is not talking to her and fishing.

Works Cited

Wetherell, W. D. "The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant" Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers. Logan, IO: Perfection Learning, 2008. 4-10. Print.

Mari

CP Science 3-C

Mr. Woolcock

5 October 2011

Mousetrap Racer Design Paper

For our mouse trap we will be using a victor mouse trap with spraining laude. The mouse trap’s measures base is 10cm by 4.77cm. The body of the mouse base measures 30co by 6cm. We will be using cd from home.  A wooden dowel for an axle. The wooden dowel will be hook by eye screws. The screws will be in the base. We will be using on old intent for the level arm. We will use fishing line to rap around the axle to pull the level; arm back. When you wind the fishing line around the axle will put the level arm back and will be potential energy when the level is releases kinetic energy will make the mousetrap move down the track.

My mousetrap racer has a lot in science it for an example friction, mass and acceleration. The friction 2 or more things object more past though each other. For the mouse trap racer we will friction because we need the mouse trap to go down the track. The texture of the surface will affect the friction and composition of the surfaces will affect. We are using four wheels to make it move. The mouse trap racer will allow my design because we are going to look at our design and make it move.  My care will be able to stop in the designated area because the level arm will hit the wall and go next to the wall.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 08:24 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 55

Mari H

October Free Write                           My Doll Elizabeth:October Freewrite     

Has anything ever meant more to you in one moment then meaning even more the next? My grandmother, who I am named after, gave her doll to me for Christmas. The doll’s name is Elizabeth. That doll means a lot to me because my middle name is Elizabeth. My grandmother asked my dad if she could give it to me because my dad gave it to her as a gift.   When she gave it to me, I cried because I was so happy.

The following summer in July, on the night between July 24 and July 25, my grandmother passed away.  Now the doll meant more to me than before. The reason why the doll means a lot more is because she passed away. I don’t get to see that doll now because my mom left my dad and my mom thinks that we forgot it. I think about my grandmother all the time and sometimes I think to myself I can’t wait to die because I get to see my grandmother and all of my other family members that I am named after. When July 24 and July 25 comes around I think of her more because that is when she passed away and I miss her a lot. Thank you for reading my story about the time I got my doll from my grandmother!   

Mari H

Pay Attention to Me

What is Capital punishment?  Is it something that bad people can go to?Knowing that some state support why they should have the death penalty. Capital punishment is necessary because it deters murders, saves money, and heals emotions. 

According to teens health you can watch basketball, baseball, track, gymnastics, tennis, aerobics, volleyball, and weight lifting on ESPN or you can get out and enjoy them by joining your school team. If you are not into team sports there’s French club, the debating team, chess club, student government, radio, newspaper, yearbook, environmental club, 4-H, drama, choir, photography, students against destructive decisions, jazz band, business professionals of America, computer club, and more. I supported a school policy that they should requiring students to join am extracurricular activity because the students will keep their grades up, they will get out more, and they will met more people.  

Mari H

The Djinn Who Lives Between Night and Day theme

Theme:  It’s not nice to lie. Some lies are good.

Story:  The guy says good things  to make the girl feel good.

Real Life: The story relate to real life is because I say that I am fat all the time and my friends says that I am not fat.

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 07:27 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 40

Mari H

September Free Write

Summer Road Trip:Septmber Free write

My summer was awesome because I went two different states. One of the states that I went to is Massachusetts and the other is Virginia.

I went with my dad and my friend. My dad bought us a lot of candy and soda. Then we went to Virginia. Jesse B. and I went to the fair and had a great time.  I met a lot of his friends. A girl that I met gave me free cake and ice cream for my birthday. Also, my dad took me out for my birthday. 

When I went to Massachusetts my dad spent $300 on me and my best friend. I could have gone to Louisiana with my dad, but I didn’t because I went to my mom’s for the weekend. While I was at my mom’s there was a fire next to my dad’s house and my best friend’s brother was in it.

If my dad was going to Alabama I could of have met my family that lives down there. I enjoyed the summer road trip with my dad. I hope I can go next year!

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries