Copyright (c) 2014 by Mari H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mari H -- Blogmeister

-

by Mari H teacher: Melanie Transue

Sing It Out- Allusions to Romeo and Juliet

Check Yes Juliet

Have you ever heard a song that reminded you of a story? Perhaps a fairytale your parents used to tell you at night or just a good book you picked up from the library? The song, “Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings, reminds me of the play Romeo and Juliet. It reminds me of this play because some of the story’s main ideas are in the lyrics and they are very accurate to the play.

Firstly, the song “Check Yes Juliet” has some of the main points of the play within the lyrics. An example of this would be the chorus in verse two when the band sings, “lace off your shoes…you and me.” What these lyrics of the song means is that Juliet should run away with the “Romeo” and that they’ll be together forever. Another set of lyrics would be “check yes Juliet…yours for the taking.” What this set of lyrics means is that the “Romeo” in this song wants Juliet to want him and that he would do anything for her.

Secondly, the lyrics of this song are very accurate to the play. The first lyric is very accurate because throughout the play Romeo expressed is love to Juliet, one of these expressions could be found in Act two (pg 29). Another way this lyric is accurate is that in Act five the Friar tries every way he can to get Romeo and Juliet to run away together so that they could love each other freely. The second set of lyrics are very accurate because all throughout the play Romeo sates that he would anything for Juliet, even die he couldn’t be with her. He says this in Act three scene three (pg 61) when he finds out that he his banished from Verona for killing Tybalt.

There, the song “Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings reminds me of the play Romeo and Juliet. The story’s main ideas are in the lyrics and they are very accurate to the play.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 57

The Quotes from "Love Story" by Taylor Swift match the book in the best way possible because as Taylor sings "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone, I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run, You'll be the prince and ill be the princess, It's a love story baby just say yes" contributes to Romeo and Juliet's play really well in one case is because Taylor doesn't use any other information in her song that isn't in the play, having it match really well.

line can contribute the same from Love Story  and Romeo and Juliet. Taylor says "Marry me Juliet you'll never have to be alone, I love you and that's all i really know." Romeo and Juliet's play relates to the song in the best way and is a really good song to compare it to..

The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift has the best contribuation to the play Romeo and Juliet. There are many relations between them both.

The song relates in many ways, when taylor said "We were both young when I first saw you" is just like the play because Juliet is only 14 when she first sees Romeo and 'Falls in love.' It's hard for Them to love eachother because of their parents, and the "rules." If someone is in love, let them love!

Sing it Out

The song "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings used to be a very popular song on the radio and is still popular today. they choose to use the name "Juliet" in their love song. Even though they use this name, they give absolutely no background of the girl in the song.

In this song, Juliet is given no background on what she is like. You can tell the guy in the song really wants her, as he says "Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I wont go until you come outside." This shows that he wants to see her so much that he is willing to stay in the rain until she comes out.

Even though this song does revolve around the story if Romeo and Juliet, it isn't very accurate. The writer probably doesn't have much background on the actual story of Romeo and Juliet, he probably just knows that the story of Romeo and Juliet is a love story, so he named the girl in his song Juliet to show his feelings for her.

Even though he did use the name Juliet in this is why I believe that this allusion isn't very accurate. I believe the songwriter just had the knowledge that Romeo and Juliet were part of a love story and thats why he used the name Juliet.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 52

Romeo and Juliet! I love them. I'm reading a play called Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespear and we have to do a blog about lyrics that annonce the real Romeo and the real Juliet. The song that I picked that announced them "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits.

The lyrics for this song refers to Romeo and Juliet, because in one part it says "Juliet says hey its Romeo, you nearly gimme me a heart attack." I think that part resembles when Romeo goes to Juliet's place on the balcony and Romeo comes up and starts creeping on her.

The lyrics use Romeo and Juliet accuratly and how I know that because in the song it says " He's underneath my window she's singing hey la my boyfriends back." I think that quote from the song depicts Juliet thinking about Romeo and when they kissed and met at the party. Then Romeo appears at the balcony at the Capulet's house and Juliet is thinking to herself that hes finally back I missed him so much.

To conclide, the song "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits is an accurate allusion about the real play Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespear.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:06 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 59

Courtney B.

Sing It Out

“Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings

Do you think that “Check Yes Juliet” is a good song for Romeo and Juliet or is it very different from the story? I think it’s different from the story because Juliet doesn’t “check yes Juliet” she falls in love with Romeo. Do you think that Romeo in the song “Check Yes Juliet” is taking her away from her parents for the same reason as the play Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare? Why in the song “Check Yes Juliet” does Romeo want to run away but in the play Romeo and Juliet he does not want to run away, he just wants to be married to Juliet?

“Check yes Juliet” are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I won’t go until you come outside”. The first reason why I think the song is different from the story is that it isn’t raining on the sidewalks and Romeo is on the balcony with Juliet. “Check Yes Juliet” kill the limbo I’ll be tossing rocks outside your window”. In the book Juliet isn’t riding in a limbo and Romeo does not toss rocks at her window. In the story the Capulet’s do hate the Montague’s so Romeo and Juliet don’t tell there parents that they are getting married. Romeo wants Juliet to leave and do not say a word to her parents Romeo and Juliet.

In the song “Check Yes Juliet” Romeo leaves and Juliet is all upset and I think the count down 3…2….1 means that she’s going to leave and die and Romeo is going to die next. The next reason is that they would run away together to get away from all the people. They think it would be much better if they didn’t because probably all the argument would go away in the family. In the song “Check Yes Juliet” they just want to run away but in the book she wants to kill herself and be with the wild bears instead of getting married to Paris. In the story Romeo and Juliet Juliet’s parents aren’t forcing her to get married to somebody she doesn’t love.

In conclusion there are many differences from the song to the book. I think that songs and movies have used parts of William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet in their songs, movies, and cartoons.

www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/romeocinderella.htm <-The translated lyrics I used for this and an imbed of the song.  Warning- the song... isn't exactly school appropriate, and I'll just leave it at that.

Dozens of songs make reference to the story of Romeo and Juliet, one of the most famous love stories of all time.  One such song, with fairly accurate references as well as references to various fairytales, is "Romeo and Cinderella" by Doriko ft. Miku Hatsune (yes, more Vocaloid.  I think you were all expecting that though).

The story of Romeo and Juliet is a consistent metaphor in the song “Romeo and Cinderella”.  In the song, the narrator compares themselves and their significant other to Romeo and Juliet (one line translates to “I'm the ‘Juliet who likes to run away’” and another set of lines translates to “Just take me away, oh my Romeo, /To afar, until they scold us”) because their “love” (which seems to be more lust) is forbidden by the narrators parents (“But papa doesn't seem to like you that much”), but wishes for a more happy ending like Cinderella got (the first half of the first chorus is “The Cinderella that yearned for love all this time /Begins to run with just her dress/ The magic shall stop the time/ Or else the bad guys might get in our way”).

In addition to being consistent, the comparison the narrator of “Romeo and Cinderella” makes between their own life and the story of Romeo and Juliet is also fairly accurate. Like Juliet, they are in love (or, quite possibly, in lust) with someone their family doesn’t approve of, which is the main thing that leads to their problem, is moving too fast in their relationship (the last line of the first chorus is “Hey, won't you come live with me?”), and suffers because of it (the last five lines are “The Cinderella that had lied too much/ Is said to have been eaten by the Wolf/ What should I do? At this rate, even I/ Will be eaten someday/ Before that happens, come to my rescue, 'kay?”).

In conclusion, the allusions to Romeo and Juliet in the song “Romeo and Cinderella” are very accurate and fitting to the story.

Sing it out

Are Romeo and Juliet portrayed in different way than the book? Do they use Romeo and Juliet the same way as the book? To me song writers use Romeo and Juliet as symbols of love but the use them in the right way.  For instance the song "Love Story "by Taylor Swift uses Romeo and Juliet in the correct way.

First, song writers I feel use Romeo and Juliet as symbols of love for instance in the song "Love Story"by Talyor Swift she says "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone I’ll be waiting all there’s left to do is run you'll be the price and I’ll be the princess it’s a love story baby just say yes." she uses how the story goes and ties it into her song. It describes how Romeo had to get banished and Juliet wants to run away with him.

Second, they use the correct way of Romeo and Juliet’s love. The reference to Romeo and Juliet is accurate because in the story Romeo gets banished and Juliet is willing to run away with him. She also wants to spend the rest of her life with him. Taylor uses them saying that they are in love and that Juliet wants to run away with him.

In conclusion, song writers portray Romeo and Juliet in the correct ways. They are accurate in comparison of the book.

Julia D.

Sing It Out

Did you ever think Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet connects to some stuff in our life time now? I have given this some thought.  I realize that stuff in our lifetime now connects to the story, especially if you compare it to modern day songs.  The song I picked to relate to the story, Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare, is “Love Story,” by Taylor Swift. I chose this song because it has many allusions to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Some allusions are accurate and some are not.

In the song, “Love Story” Taylor Swift is singing, “We were both young when I first saw you…” It compares with the book, Romeo and Juliet, because Romeo and Juliet were young and they met at Lord Capulet’s party.

Another way the book and the song compare is when Taylor Swift sings, “…I’m standing there on a balcony in summer air...” It compares to the story of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare because Juliet was on her balcony, and Romeo was down at the bottom of the balcony listening to her tell the secrets of her heart.

A third way the story and the song are similar is when Taylor Swift sings, “See the party, the ball gowns, I see you make your way through the crowd…” In the story Romeo and Juliet, that really did happen. Romeo made his way to Juliet and she saw him and they met and kissed.

One of the differences in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift and the story Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare is when Taylor Swift sings, “Romeo you were throwing pebbles…..” and in the story that never really happened. Romeo never threw pebbles when he was with Juliet.

Another difference in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift and Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is when she sings, “Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel….” Lady and Lord Capulet don’t really tell Juliet how to feel, but they want her to marry Paris when really Juliet does not want to because she’s in love with Romeo.

Another difference in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is when she sings “I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress…” In the story, Romeo never really went to Lord Capulet and talked to Juliet’s dad.

In conclusion, this is why the song, “Love Story,” by Taylor Swift and the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare are alike and different. Most people hear the song and relate it to their own feelings of being in love, but I know there are some differences between the two. I chose the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift because it has a lot in common with the story, Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare. I hope you enjoy all enjoyed my Sing It Out!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 05:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 51

Mari H Sing out- Allusions to Romeo and Juliet Did you know that the song “Love Story” is likes Romeo and Juliet because it’s like the real story but has a different ended? Did you know that the song Love Story is like real life? Did you know that Romeo and Juliet are like real life? Did you know that is has some things the same?

Some of the things that were different are that she didn’t sit on the staircase and she was not crying. Romeo was not throwing pebbles. Things that are like the real life is that some of the things can happen in life because some parents don’t like their son’s girlfriends or their daughter’s boyfriends. They try to tell their children who to date but their child doesn’t listen to them because she or he is in love with the girl or guy that they are with.

There are same things about the song and the book. Romeo did make his was through the party to say hello. They are both young in the song and in the book. The book is somewhat like real life because guys can be sweet and other guys can be mean. Sometime the father can say to the guy stay away for his baby girl if the parent does not like each other. Sometimes the daughter will not listen to her parent and go out with the guy that she is in love with. In the book Juliet doesn’t listen to her parent and goes out with Romeo and gets married to him.

In conclusion that is why the song “Love Story” is like Romeo and Juliet is because it’s like the real life thing.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 08:50 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 52

Ryan Keough

Sing It Out

Do you think that Taylor Swift would write a song about a four-hundred year old play? She did.  She wrote a song called, “Love Story,” and it is based on the play called Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. These two have some similarities and one major difference

There are tons of things that are alike that are in the book and song. For example, when in the song it says,” We were both young when I first saw you.” This is exactly what happens in the play because they are both young at the party when they first saw each other.

Also, in Taylor Swift’s song she says, “I’m standing there on a balcony in the summer air.” It is the same as when they both are on the balcony and they didn’t want to say good night to each other.

Another lyric is, “See the party, the ball gowns, I see you make your way through the crowd.” This is similar to the play because when they both are at the ball they set eyes on each other. Another similar lyric is, “We keep quiet because we’re dead if they knew. “ This means that when they got married they kept it a secret because they didn’t want anybody to know.

The song by Taylor Swift and the book Romeo and Juliet have some differences because the song says, “I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress”. In the book it doesn’t say anything about taking to her father. 

The song, “Love Story,” ends with a happy ending, but the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, has a tragic ending. The song’s ending is not anything similar to the ending of the book. It just ends with, “Say yes”.  In the book, four characters die. It is a bloody and gory ending. Taylor Swift’s ending is better than the ending of the book.

In conclusion, there are some similarities and differences about the book Romeo and Juliet and the song by Taylor Swift  called “Love Story.” 

Romeo <3 Juliet

Ahhhh. Young love. Love at first sight. Rebellion. Suicide for love. Deception. This is the story of Romeo and Juliet, the most famous Lovers in all of The Universe. So famous that people write songs about them. One song about Romeo and Juliet is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. From the perspective of Juliet, the song is not accurate to the actual story, but a few parts.

Yes, the first line is correct. "We were both young when I first saw you." Juliet was only fourteen when she met Romeo, and the song goes on to describing a party where Romeo confronts her. This actually happens in the story. The next stanza isn't so accurate.  "That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet." He actually didn’t throw pebbles. "So I sneak out to the garden to see you" Romeo snuck into her garden. "But you were everything to me, I was begging you, "Please don't go"", Juliet actually did beg him to stay in her room.

In the end of the song Juliet and Romeo get married. Romeo says that he talked to her dad go pick out a white dress. This isn't what happened at all. Romeo didn't talk to her dad; he married her behind his back. She never picked out a white dress; she didn't even have a real wedding. Really the end of this song is so inaccurate because it is happy and the end of the book is death and sad.

Few Romeo and Juliet references are actually like the real Romeo and Juliet. Mostly, they are used to describe a young, passionate, and romantic relationship. The song "Love Story" is a good example of one of these songs.

Do you like country music? Do you think a country song would be the same as an old-fashioned play? Have you ever heard the song "Romeo" by Dolly Parton? In the song (Romeo" Dolly's Romeo in her song is the same as the Romeo in the play.

The artist that wrote this song uses Romeo correctly, it's semi like the play just turned into a song. The writer is in love with him and wants him to come dance will her. She doesn’t want Romeo to leave her. The writer wants to be his Juliet.("Romeo, Romeo, I want to be your Julie", "But I'm one step away from love

So don't step out on me")

The deception of the characters are not the same as the play though. It a cross between a movie star and a super hero in a book. Romeo is a cowboy in jeans and not a Montague and not in tights. It doesn’t explain Juliet or Dolly at all though.("A cross between a movie star

And a hero in a book")

Though Romeo by Dolly Parton isn’t just like the play it’s very close. She explains Romeo as her only lover, and she doesn’t want him to leave her.But together, if this song was added into the play it wouldn't sound good since, Romeo is a cowboy in Dolly's song.

Have you ever heard a song that has had the reference of Romeo and Juliet in it? Have you ever read the story to Romeo and Juliet? If you’ve ever listened to a song like that and read the book, have you wondered how the song has anything to do with the book? If you have then you should listen to the song '"Hey Juliet". This song has Romeo and Juliet in it but it doesn’t really any significant meaning of the story in it.

The song "Hey Juliet" is about a guy who just wants to date a girl named Juliet. He says "Hey Juliet hey hey Juliet" over and over and thats all the song says. In the real Romeo and Juliet Romeo is completly head over heals in love with Juliet and he even killed himself out of shere love. Romeo in the song and Romeo in the story are different and the real book Romeo tells Juliet he loves her, he worships her, he'll do anything for her. the song Romeo says "hey Juliet come to me" and thats all. Those are a few ways the song and story are different.

In the song "Hey Juliet" and the story Romeo and Juliet the two men are both thalking about there love life girls. The Romeo in "Hey Juliet" says he loves her and he wants her to be with him. Just like the song the story Romeo tells Juliet the same thing almost. Both Romeos say they love the Juliets and one says he wants to marry her. They also say the same things over and over, story Romeo "I love thee" then song Romeo "I love you girl". That shows how they are alike.

In conclushion, the song and story are different and it dosen't really have much to do with the real Juliet but  "Hey Juliet" is a good comparison to Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 185

Ashley Steele

In all kinds of songs genres artists sing songs that have a connection to Romeo and Juliet. The song I chose for sing it out was “Love story” by, Taylor Swift. I chose this song because it can relate to the play Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Some artists use the name Romeo and Juliet when they speak of love. The lyrics to love story start with “we were both young when I first saw you”. These lyrics can relate to Romeo and Juliet because they were young when they first saw each other. “On a balcony in summer air”. Relates because Juliet stands on the balcony and Romeo comes to meet her. “See the party, the ball gowns I see you make your way through the crowd and say hello, little did I know.” That lyric relates because Romeo went to the party to meet Juliet for the first time. “So I sneak out to the garden to see you we keep quiet cause we’re dead if they knew”. This line relates because Romeo stayed the night with Juliet an there parents couldn’t find out. “I was begging you please don’t go”. Can relate because Juliet begged Romeo not to leave. “Romeo save me I’ve been feeling so alone I keep waiting for you never come is this in my head?” Relates because when she died Romeo didn’t show up on time. And said, marry me Juliet you’ll never have to be alone.” This can relate because when Romeo found out that Juliet was died he drank a poison to kill him self to. While the song does have a connection to Romeo and Juliet does it actually have an accurate connection to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet? After looking over this song I say it doesn’t have a accurate connection to Romeo and Juliet. It doesn't because it's just stereotyping Romeo as a boy who falls for a girl which is Juliet. In conclusion this is why” Love story” by Taylor Swift doesn’t really connect to romeo and Juliet.

Haley T

Sing It Out

A lot of love songs include the names "Romeo" and "Juliet", to symbolize the love they feel for someone. I think that they are just describing what they think Shakespeare's story, Romeo and Juliet is about; a pair of lovers who kill themselves just to be with eachother. That is only a breif desciription. The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, is basically the play of Romeo and Juliet, put into a song. Just without the tragic ending.

The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift is about Taylor seeing a boy for the first time and falling in love, "We were both young when I first saw you."  Then in an instant, she has this dream of her being like Juliet and him being Romeo, "I close my eyes and the flashback starts I'm standing there on the balcony in summer air." Then she describes how she is at a party and he is there trying to make his way through the crowd to say hello, but little did she know, she thought he was Romeo and he was throwing pebbles, and then she heard her father "Stay away from Juliet" and she was really upset so she and him made a plan to meet up together.

The second verse is about her and the boy sneaking out to a garden, and keeping quiet so they dont get in trouble.  Then she describes again how he was he was Romeo and she was a scarlett letter, and how her daddy said to stay away from Juliet.   The song says Romeo meant everthing to her so she was begging him not to go. She wants Romeo to take her somewhere they can be alone, how she'll be waiting and all they have to do is runaway, and Romeo would be her prince and Juliet would be his princess, and how their relationship is a love story and all Romeo has to do is say yes. This verse describes how Romeo and Juliet were gonna make plans to get married. I guess Taylor thought that was too sudden and she just wanted to hang out with him first.

The bridge is about how Juliet wants Romeo to save her because everyone is trying to tell her how to feel.  In the story everyone tells Juliet how to feel and they tell her what to do and how to do it. "It's a love story baby just say yes." Juliet gets tired of waiting, wondering if he was ever coming around, her faith in him was fading. Execpt in the story, Juliet never doubts Romeo and his love for her.  Then the lyrics say she saw him on the outskirts of town, and says "Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone." She kept waiting for him but he never came, next thing she knows he was kneeling on the ground and he pulled out a dimond ring and he said "Marry me Juliet you'll never have to be alone I love you and that all I really know I talked to  your dad go pick out a white dress, it's a love story baby just say 'Yes.'"

In conclusion, Taylor decided to repeat the introduction. "We were both young when I first saw you." That is why I believe this song is similar in many ways, except for everyone dies in the play and in the song, everyone has a happily ever after. 

Thew

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 57

"Love Story"-Taylor Swift Shakespeare(original) vs. Taylor Swift(modern) Have you ever heard of the play Romeo and Juliet? Better yet... Have you read it? A story of two young people who "fall in love", and in the end take their lives. In reference to the modern song Love Story by Taylor swift... How accurate is the song? The Timeless love story of Romeo and Juliet has been used throughout time in poems, plays, music, and books. “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is one of many songs which are great allusions to Shakespeare’s original play of Romeo and Juliet. “Marry me Juliet, you’ll never have to be alone. I love you, and that’s all I really know.” In both the play and song Romeo asks Juliet to marry him receiving the answer yes. Though, in the play Juliet’s father doesn’t know about the marriage. It was a secret. It was love at first sight. “We were both young when I first saw you.” Romeo made his way through the crowd of people to say hello to Juliet. “I’m standing there on a balcony in summer air.” In both the play and song Juliet was out on the balcony. It was when Romeo was creeping on Juliet before he climbed up to her. The play Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare and the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift have their comparisons. Though, the song is still a good allusion of the original play of Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 05:51 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 93

Tim C

Sing It Out

Most people have heard of Romeo and Juliet. The first time I heard about it was last year. Most people have heard about it when they were younger. The song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is extremely similar to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet; in some ways, but different in others.

In both the story and the song, Romeo and Juliet are teenagers. Taylor Swift’s song says, “We were both young when I first saw you.” This is an accurate allusion to Shakespeare’s story, Romeo and Juliet.

The second similarity is that Romeo and Juliet are on a balcony. The lyrics are, “On a balcony in summer air.” So far, I think that Taylor Swift read Romeo and Juliet when she was making this song.

The third similarity in the Taylor Swift song is that they are at a masquerade party just like the Capulet’s party. The lyrics are, “See the party, the ball gowns.” Both the song and play have similarities because of the masquerade party.

The major difference between the play and the song is that the endings are different. In Taylor Swift’s song the ending is good. Her song says that Romeo meets with Juliet’s family and works it out. “I talked to your dad go pick out a white dress…” Everyone lives happily ever after. Shakespeare, on the other hand, his play ends horrible. Basically everyone dies.

In conclusion, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, and the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift are both alike and different in the ways that I told you.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:21 PM GMT0 • comment (12) • Reads 59

Sing it out "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone." This quote is from the song “Love Story” by Taylor swift. This relates to Romeo and Juliet because they have to go some where, where it’s just them so no one finds out. I think this song matches Romeo and Juliet by the lyrics in the song. Not all songs can compare to Rome and Juliet's relationship, but I think this one does a very good job.

First of all this song relates to Romeo and Juliet by many different lyrics in the song. One of the first would be, "We were both young when I first saw you." This relates to the story because Juliet was only about 14 when she had met Romeo.

Another lyric line would be, "On a balcony in summer air." This relates to when Romeo climbed up the tree to see Juliet. "See the lights; see the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd, and say hello. Little did I know that you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet." This compares to when Romeo and Juliet had met at the Capulet party Romeo and snuck into. It also relates that Juliet’s dad doesn't want Romeo (a Montague) anywhere near Juliet. This is a pretty accurate for an allusion.

Almost every single line has the ability to be compared to Romeo and Juliet. There may be one or two lines that don't relate to them, but the rest do. This is probably one of the best songs to compare the story to.

"Marry me Juliet you'll never have to be alone. I love you, and that's all I really know.” The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift relates to Romeo and Juliet in so many different ways.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:28 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 63

In our lives, I have to believe we were all subjected to listen to MANY horrid and sappy love songs. I also believe that many also enjoy the mushy the filled your ears to the brim, and the sticky and gooey substance probably feel…well good to you, and if that’s the case, good for you. Personally I hate love songs that are only meant to appeal to the ‘Top Forty’ crowd.  The  one thing though that well-done love songs and laughable love songs have in common is this: both are at fault for creating some sort of reference to Romeo and Juliet, not all of them, but good and bad have both done it. The difference in that though, is that good love songs are accurate with their references to one of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies. The song that first comes to mind is one that has been stuck in my head all day called ‘Goodnight Moon’ by Go Radio. It is granted, only a small piece of the song that makes the reference to Romeo and Juliet that makes you know it was about the two star-crossed lovers, but it is very accurate.

Again, whether this band meant to or not, the allusion is actually spot on.. However, I believe all is in order to first say where the allusion is at the very and of the song, he refers to object of admiration as this ‘And there you were, as I saw my Juliet come graceful down the stairs/It’s hard to miss the way her eyes light up the room and steal the air’. Whether or not this was the intent of the song or not, Go Radio did a very good job at this. The song depicts entirely only the romantic side of Romeo and Juliet. When I say this, they exempt the suicides, the murders, and the fact that they were really just hormonal teens. Instead they show two people whose infatuation with each other is pure and meant to be innocent saying in the chorus ‘Sit in our bedroom and read aloud, like a passage from 'Goodnight Moon'’ (Yes! They even make an allusion to the beloved children’s novel), which once you really start to read in between the lines, this is actually extremely sweet. It’s just giving you an image of the euphoric joys you have as a child, except these feeling of bliss were brought on by another, and that’s all you really want, in a sickly sweet and adorable sense, them.

Also, even more surprising of Go Radio’s successful go at even making me go ‘awwww’ at their cutesy lyrics, they also did a fabulous job of making sure their allusions were a correct ones. In Romeo and Juliet, Romeo sneaks away to see his beloved so early in the mourning, it was almost the day before, and they talk for supposedly a few hours (but only bout ten minutes in play time), and Goodnight Moon opens up with these lines And don't go to bed yet, love,/I think it's early,/And we just need a little time to ourselves./

If my wall clock tells me that it's four in the morning,/I'll give it hell. Possible unintentional reference to the famed ‘Balcony Scene’? I think so. This scene also has Juliet sort of not quite bashing, but scolding Romeo for being far to romantic and near the very end of the scene she tells Romeo not to swear his love for her on anything (accept thy gracious self). The next two lines show us feelings Romeo may have felt about Juliet’s comments 'Cause I've been trying way too long,/To try to be the perfect song,/When our hearts are heavy burdens,/We shouldn't have to bear alone. The last part I’m going to dissect from the song for you is one that I already did in the paragraph before. The only little reference to Romeo and Juliet. In the play, Romeo ‘fell in love’ with Juliet instantly, and hit the ground before he even knew what was coming next. ‘And there you were, as I saw my Juliet come graceful down the stairs/It’s hard to miss the way her eyes light up the room and steal the air’. This shows the infatuation Romeo felt when he first laid his eyes upon Juliet’s fair features. I would also like to mention, that the son does not makes references to the whole play, just from us discovering Romeo’s insane loneliness to when he an Juliet agree to marry, neglecting the fact that the play was actually a tragedy, however, many do enjoy the innocence of the song.

If I were given the stomach to handle all of it, I could name hundreds of songs with references to William Shakespeare’s tragedy Romeo and Juliet, good and bad. The difference though is that the good ones get the allusions correct, much like the song 'Goodnight Moon' by Go Radio.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 01:55 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 54

Sing It Out

Do you think true love is real? Has it ever happened to you? This is what happened to Romeo and Juliet in the book Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. The song that displays this is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. This song talks about two people who love eachother.

First of all the song displays this is in the song it says "That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles". This is talking about Romeo trying to get her attention and this is because he loves her.

This is not really accurate because in the book Romeo never threw pebbles at Juliet's window. Romeo just went and saw her on her balcony. So this isn't really accurate. Also, this is demonstrating how much he loves her and he is trying to get her attention.

In conclusion, Love Story by Taylor Swift displays that true love can happen. Also, how it is displayed in the song and the book.

Sing Out assignment "That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet, and I was crying on the staircase begging you please don't go!" This part of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift is just one example of how Romeo and Juliet is correctly portrayed. Even though the usage of this historic story isn't perfect in this song it is pretty accurate. Taylor Swift does a good job of portraying the famous story of Romeo and Juliet. It depicts Romeo and Juliet as love that shouldn't happen. It also makes their love seem like it is unsupported by their families. These two representations of Romeo and Juliet are both correct. This allusion for the most part is accurate. However the reason that it isn't completely accurate is because it only tells you the happy part of the play Romeo and Juliet. It leaves out the death part of the story. This song also explains to its audience that Romeo and Juliet have no support whatsoever, when truly they had the Friar as well as the Nurse in the beginning of the story. The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift shows a pretty accurate portrayal of the story Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 06:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 156

O Romeo. Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Im prett sure you have heard those lines one or twice in your life. Those are one of the famous quotes from Romeo and Juliet. The song I pick the depicts Romeo and Juliet is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. The lyrics in the song are, "We were both young when I first saw you." At the time both Romeo and Juliet were about 14 or 15 years old. The song is for the most part accurate because in the song they have lyrics like, "see the party, the ball gowns." They both meet at the Capulets party. "And my daddy said stay away from Juliet" The Montagues and Capulets hate each other. "I got tired of waiting wondering if you were ever coming around." Therefore I think the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift represents Romeo and Juliet because there are a lot of similar comparisons through out the song.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:22 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 53

Romeo and Juliet: The Killers

Who do you consider to be the most famous couple ever? No, not any of those Jersey Shore couples or Disney princes and princesses. The couple that wasn't allowed to be together, but broke the rules to do it: Romeo and Juliet. There is a lot of pop culture that refers to this great tale of those famous lovers. One of these is the song "Romeo and Juliet" by the Killers.

This song describes what Romeo and Juliet would be like in modern times. "A lovestruck Romeo sings the streets a serenade...He finds a streetlight and steps out of the shade/And says something like, 'You and me babe, how about it?'" This exerpt from the song shows how Romeo might ask Juliet to be his own in today's time. It shows them as any other teenagers with a romance going on.

This slightly differs from the real story. In the story, Juliet asked Romeo instead. Of course, when she asked, she spoke as they did in Shakespearean times. The song does represent the love and how they felt for each other well though. The song says, "I can't do everything but I'd do anything for you / Can't do anything except be in love with you." Romeo and Juliet seemed to have a love as strong as this, and I believe these words would definitely apply to them.

Many songs and spoofs and modern movies were made based off of the classic tale of Romeo and Juliet. Some were rather accurate and some were not. This song, "Romeo and Juliet" by The Killers, was slightly inaccurate, mostly becasue it was in simpler, modern language, but hey, we can't all write like Shakespeare!

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:29 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 54

"Love Story"

By Taylor Swift

Your heart is pounding!! You can’t wait to see someone and your dad won’t let you see them!!! The song that I choose was “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. I think that the two people in this song are really in love.

This song is about two people really in love and Juliet’s dad won’t let Romeo talk to her, but she really likes him. Then Juliet sneaks out to the garden to see Romeo.  For example “So I sneak out to the garden to see you.” Also, they are quiet so Juliet’s would not here them “We keep quiet cause we’re dead if they knew.”

This song is an excellent representation of the play Romeo and Juliet  because in the play they have only been together for five hours, and in the song they met at a party and they have not known each other for very either. Also in the play Juliet’s father does not know about Romeo, and in the song Juliet’s father does not approve of Romeo. That is why I think this song is an excellent representation of the play Romeo and Juliet.

In conclusion there are many songs and people that take after the play Romeo and Juliet. Also, if the word “love” is mentioned anywhere in everyday life they immediately think of the play Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 02:21 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 44

Sing It Out

Do you know a song that relates back to the story Romeo and Juliet? The song that I picked is called "Hey Juliet" by LMNT. This song talks about Romeo and Juliet, but do you believe this song has an accurate allusion of the passage?

This song talks about a guy who loves a girl who doesn't really notice him, but he wants to be her Romeo. He says how he's begging her to be with him, how she's so fine, and how he wants to run away with her. She doesn't even acknowledge him when he says "hey hey Juliet."

I believe that this song doesn't have an accurate allusion of Romeo and Juliet at all. He says how he wants to run away with her, which does some-what resemble the passage, but it says how she doesn't even notice him. In the passage Juliet loves Romeo and wants to be with him all of the time.

Do you agree why I believe that this song doesn't have a good portray of Romeo and Juliet? I believe that it doesn't at all. Now it's your turn to find a song that has a good or bad representation of Romeo and Juliet.

Thump, thump, thump. Hearts beating faster and faster. Palms sweaty. A flush of red in your cheeks. True love? The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift speaks of love and romance just like Romeo and Juliet but is it really portraying Romeo and Juliet’s relationship correctly. I believe that this song is completely incorrect about Romeo and Juliet’s relationship. The song implies that Juliet ran away with Romeo, and that Romeo finally got permission to marry Juliet.

The song depicts the people mentioned in it to be Romeo and Juliet. The song may allude to the fact that the people are Romeo and Juliet but the song does not quite represent the relationship between Romeo and Juliet. Romeo and Juliet only let a few select people know that they were together and in the song it makes it seem like the families knew they liked each other. This song completely tells the whole story wrong. Sure Romeo and Juliet fall in “love” and so do the people in the song but almost everything else in the song is incorrect.

In the song it say that Juliet told Romeo that she will meet him somewhere so that they can run away together and that never happened in the really happened in the play. In the original play Friar Lawrence set it up for them to meet up in Juliet’s tomb and run away but Romeo had no idea about the arrangement. In the song Romeo and Juliet were just suppose to meet up but in the original play Juliet was playing dead and Romeo went to go see her because he was so sad that she was dead.

In the song is says that Romeo got permission from Juliet’s father to marry her and that never happened in the play. Lord Capulet never knew that Romeo and Juliet were together until the end when the two bodies were found together. It implies in the song that Lord Capulet told Romeo to stay away from Juliet but in the end gave up and told Romeo that he could marry Juliet and that she needs to pick out a dress.

In conclusion the song “Love Story” does not properly allude to Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 89

Love Story <3

All this talk about equality. The only thing us people have in common is that we are all going to die period point blank. The song “ Love Story” by Taylor Swift. Although it really doesn’t talk about the death of Romeo and Juliet it is a constant reminder of the love that they shared with one another, but the way it was perceived was completely different from the actual tale.

Although the song was on point with the whole Romeo and Juliet infatuations with each other. They didn’t quite seem to have Juliet or Romeo act like themselves like they did as I read. In the song Taylor said “daddy said stay away from Juliet” well see I remember Juliet’s father saying Romeo was a good kid to all of the people in Verona he was absolutely no harm. Another pet peeve was when Juliet was waiting for Romeo on the balcony. They never had Juliet waiting, he just showed up and BOOM they hit it off from there.

“Love Story” is borderline accurate. It did strongly represent the love between the two, but it was like based off in a high school and then it went to a castle. It was like a dream almost but it actual happened. that’s what made it inaccurate. Another accurate thing was that they both fell in love at first sight.

In conclusion the song was somewhat related to the book Romeo and Juliet. “Love story” by Taylor Swift was a song mainly about love not death.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

Sing Out!

What song refers most to Romeo and Juliet. "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straights? "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace? or "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult? In my opinion the song "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace is a good description of Romeo and Juliet.

Most songs just use Romeo and Juliet to say their love for each other, but this song actually talks about Romeo and Juliet's love and not just a boy and girl in love. Just like a boy and girl in love; it describes two people in love, but in the song it uses parts of the book to show how they describe Romeo and Juliet.

Out of the list of songs to choose from, I think this one was the most accurate of "our Romeo" and "our Juliet" because in some parts it uses lines from the book. It also mentions other parts of the book (not openly stated like some lines) if you know what their describing. The accuracy is very good for this song using quotes from the book and you can tell they are showing the real Romeo and Juliet.

That is why I think, out of the songs given to us, that "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace is the best descrition of Romeo and Juliet and is also very accurate.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

How you ever sat down and thought how a lot of songs have lyrics about Romeo and Juliet. How about when you listen to a song and it doesn’t use either Romeo or Juliet in it but they’re singing about the concept of Romeo and Juliet.  In the song “Not Good Enough for Truth and Cliché” by Escape the Fate they use lyrics that have to do with Romeo and Juliet. In this blog I am going to explain them.

In the lyrics of “Not Good Enough for Truth and Cliché” by Escape the Fate Ronnie the lead singer sings “Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger for my dear Juliet, out from the window see her back drop silhouette, there’s blood on my hands it’s something I cannot forget.” What these lyrics mean is Ronnie the lead singer is sitting in a room thinking of how if he can never see his girlfriend (Juliet) again he will kill himself.

This song does a great job depicting Romeo and Juliet. It depicts Romeo and Juliet well because he is basically describing how Romeo felt when he couldn’t see Juliet anymore like the suicidal thoughts, sadness, and anger. Listening to this song you can tell how depressed he is that he can’t see the one he loves.

In conclusion the song “Not Good Enough for Truth and Cliché” by Escape the Fate is a great song that has to do with Romeo and Juliet. When you get a chance you should really take the time to listen to it. I promise you, you will enjoy it.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:38 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 177

Sing It Out

The Truth About Romeo and Juliet Songs

In all kinds of song genres artists sing songs that have references to Romeo and Juliet. Think about itare they accurately depicting Romeo and Juliet or are they just stereotyping Romeo as a boy in love and Juliet as a girl in loveWell it’s time we took a look into one of those songs.

In the song “Juliet” by Bee Gees it says “I was a Romeo

I knew the art of romancin'”
here it says how Romeo was a smooth talker. It says how Romeo loves Juliet: “On and on ,our love is like the sun / It keeps going strong throughout eternity / I wanna love you in my life , sweet Juliet / Livin' without you in my life , oh my girl Juliet”. This song also says, “Juliet, oh,Juliet,/ This kind of lovin' you don't forget / Juliet, oh Juliet / You know you taught me to fly / You take me clear to the sky / And all the people around the / world can stand aside / Juliet , oh Juliet / This kind of lovin' you don't forget / Juliet , oh Juliet , Ah... / Juliet , oh Juliet”. These lyrics are just more that say how he loves her.

While the song does have a reference to Romeo and Juliet does it actually have an accurate connection to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet? After looking over this song I say that no it does not have a accurate connection to Romeo and Juliet. It is just basically stereotyping Romeo as a boy or man who is in love with a girl who is referred to as Juliet.

Many songs have references to Romeo and Juliet. this one does also but it is not an accurate depiction of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. 

There's a girl or boy you like. You spend time after time waiting for them. Always wanting to be with them never knowing if it will ever happen. That's what the song "Check Yes Juliet" is about.In the paragraphs I'm goint to talk about how Juliet is used in the song and is it used right.

Juliet is used in the song as there is a boy who likes her and wants her and he wants her to date him. Like it's used in the song "Check Yes Juiet kill the limbo i'll keep tossing rocks at your window theres no turning back for us tonight." It's saying he wasn't leaving until she agreed to come out and date him. That's how it's used in the song.

Juliets character is used the right way in this song. Juliets character is wanted by Romeo in the play and he would do anything to get her. Like the song said how he would wait forever t'ill they were together. Pretty much the song and the play are the same thing but somewhat different.

In conclusion that's how the Juliet's character is the same and how her character is used the right way.

For years the tale of Romeo and Juliet has been a well studied piece of literature. It has been referenced in many stories, poems, and even songs. Their strong love has broken through lots of people’s emotions and has become a way of expressing their love. The song “Check yes Juliet” by We The Kings has used the allusion of Romeo and Juliet not in a very effective way.

The song “Check yes Juliet” depicts a guy who is love with a girl and is trying to get her attention by showing her affection. The song says " Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I won't go untill you come outside." The guy in the story is pretty much telling her that he will stay in the rain waiting for her even if it takes forever.

This song is not very accurate to the story because we do not know anything about the girl. Her name is Juliet and thats pretty much it. We know that they guy is deeply in love with her but after that, we have not a clue who she is. The song " Check Yes Juliet" is not accurate to the story Romeo and Juliet.

The Song "Check Yes Juliet" was a song about a guy falling in love with the girl of his dreams but didn't correctly potray the allusion of the story Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 131

Romeo and Juliet. What a timeless tale of star crossed lovers stricken with the horror of forbidden love. Who doesn’t know the tragic ending to such a popular story? I’m sure all of the song writers in the world know the story as well. It’s always used as an allusion in songs about love, but are they alluding to Romeo and Juliet affectively? Are the characters in the song the infamous Romeo and Juliet that we all have grown to know, or are the characters just a symbol for love in songs?

In the song “Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliché” by Escape the Fate, it refers to Juliet as the love one of the narrator. The story line of the song infers that the narrator, who can be assumed, is Romeo, kills Juliet by saying “Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.” It also says how the narrator cannot forgive themselves for killing Juliet by saying “This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget.” It infers the tragic ending of the actual novel Romeo and Juliet, but instead of Juliet killing herself by sword, this song depicts Romeo killing Juliet by gun.

The accuracy of the song “Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliché” by Escape the Fate is very little. It is true that Juliet dies in Romeo and Juliet because of Romeo, but Juliet kills herself, Romeo never kills Juliet. Also, because of the time period of the novel, Juliet’s death was by sword. The song is more modern and says that Juliet was killed by a gun which is inaccurate. Although the song is somewhat accurate, it is not completely accurate. The main idea of the novel is present in the song, but the details about the tragedy of Romeo and his love Juliet are incorrect.

The truth is revealed; the songs don’t always tell the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet the way it actually happened. Although the song may appear to be singing about Juliet and her love Romeo, it isn’t singing about the characters in the novel. They are characters of their own with their own individual stories, not the story Romeo and Juliet.

Lyrics were cited from: http://www.metrolyrics.com/not-good-enough-for-truth-or-cliche-lyrics-escape-the-fate.html

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:38 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 60

The timeless tale of Romeo and Juliet is used in many stories, poems, and even songs to show and express love between two people, accurately or not. I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

First, the song “Love Story” depicts the girl and the boy in the story as young people in love. The first line in the song says “We were both young when I first saw you.” Also another line from the song says “That you were Romeo you were throwing pebbles”, which means he was her true love and he was trying to get her attention.

The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift describes the people in the song being in love at their first sight at a party at the girl’s house. When Romeo and Juliet first met Juliet’s parents were throwing a party that Romeo attended and when Romeo first saw Juliet he instantly fell in love.  Also it says they meet each other in the girl’s garden after the party also like Romeo and Juliet did.

In conclusion that is why I think that the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift uses the allusion of Romeo and Juliet correctly.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 60

Romeo! Romeo! Where is my beloved Romeo!? Do you like the story Romeo and Juliet? Do you know that even songs reference to the famous story Romeo and Juliet. The song I’ve noticed them reference to Romeo and Juliet is “Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings”. I’ve known this song for awhile but never recognized its reference to Romeo and Juliet until we read it as a class. In the song Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings it’s referencing to the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare by when they say "I’ll keep tossing rocks at your window cause there's no turning back for us tonight" and when they sing "run baby run don’t ever look back they'll tear us apart if you give them the chance". They might not be actually talking about the Romeo we’ve been talking about in class but they way they talk about him tossing rocks at her window sounds just like our Romeo because he would do anything for Juliet because she was his Juliet and he loved her, Romeo would never give up on Juliet. Now the second part sounds just like something our Juliet would say telling Romeo to run and never look back because if he came back the king would kill him. Juliet in the song is telling him to keep running never turn back because if he did they would get torn apart. Just like when Juliet wants Romeo to leave so she didn’t lose him by the king killing him because he was in Verona where he is banished.

In conclusion the song "Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings" is a really good reference to the famous story by William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:45 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 64

Sing out 

“Hurtful words, from my enemies of the last five years, what’s it like to die alone?” Escape the Fate wrote a song called “Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliché”. This song intertwines an almost modern version of Romeo & Juliet. They loosely take details from the traditional Shakespeare play and they do accurately use Juliet’s name in the song.

The song actually is written as if Romeo had written it. He is speaking about his dear Juliet. They are mainly portrayed as a daring couple. “Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet…” This like shows how they are risky kids. Romeo and Juliet were a risk taking pair who would (and did) die for each other.

When using Romeo and Juliet as a base for this song, they do that pretty well. The whole song mainly speaks of how he is without his Juliet. “This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget, something I cannot forget.” ‘Romeo’ finds it his fault she died, because he had to leave. It strays with some details making it a bit inaccurate, but for the most part this song is about Romeo & Juliet.

Many songs have used Romeo and Juliet and odd ways, but this song uses them quite accurately.  This song is a divine tale of a pair of risk-taking kids in love. “Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliché” is a lovely modern day collaboration of Shakespeare and Escape the Fate.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 59

You are dating someone who nobody likes. Everyone tells you your boyfriend/girlfriend isn't going to be worth your time. They try and change your mind. This is what I think of when I hear the song "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings.

They use a reference to Romeo and Juliet by saying Juliet in the song. The lyrics do express the play Romeo and Juliet. “Check yes Juliet Are you with me Rain is falling down on the sidewalk

I won't go until you come outside” this is saying that Romeo is waiting for Juliet. That’s what it says in the book. Another example of how “check yes Juliet” relates to the book is that the song says “I'll be waiting wishing wanting yours for the taking just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye”. Juliet really wants to run away to Romeo in the play.

Does this song really interpret Romeo and Juliet the play? I would say it does. The play is about a guy Romeo and a girl Juliet. They fall in love very fast. Everyone tells Juliet that she deserves better and Romeo is a bad guy. Juliet doesn’t listen to them she listens to her heart. The same went for Romeo. “Run baby run, don't ever look back They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be Run baby run, forever will be You and me” In the song it basically said the same thing. That people will always want them not to be together. Don’t throw away what we have because it only comes once in awhile.

Are the references that accurate? The song does have a very good reference of how the play and the song are the same. It also has things that are not in the play that happen to “Juliet”. This is how I interpreted the song “check yes Juliet” by We the Kings.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:39 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 69

Sing it Out!

“O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?” There are the Romeo and Juliet we all know from the play by Shakespeare. Then there are the Romeos and Juliets of the world that are referred to in songs of love. Most music artists use the names Romeo and Juliet when speaking of a boy and girl who are in love. However the relationship between the Shakespearean Romeo and Juliet and the music world Romeo and Juliet are slightly different. The song “My Kind of Party” by Jason Aldean uses the names Romeo and Juliet, and it is crucial to determine whether the allusion is correctly representing the two characters.

The song I chose makes a reference to Romeo and Juliet. Romeo, in the Shakespearean play, is depicted as a young man of about sixteen who is lovesick over a girl he does not know. The Romeo in this song is displayed as “your Redneck Romeo.” The Juliet in Shakespeare is a kind, young lady of about fourteen who falls for a boy she has barely met. The Juliet from this splendid song is said to be “my tan-legged Juliet.”

The question is how accurate are these depictions? This “redneck Romeo” is not the proper type whereas the boy from Shakespeare happens to be. The depiction is also true because like the Shakespeare Romeo this music world Romeo sneaks away to see his Juliet.  This depiction of Juliet is false because regardless of her skin tone the song says nothing about Juliet’s age or personality as the Shakespearean play does.

Like other famous works of literature the names of the characters Romeo and Juliet are used as names of lovers in many songs. In the song “My Kind of Party” by Jason Aldean there is a reference to Romeo and Juliet. The question proposed was whether the reference was accurate or not. This song had several false references but also a few correct references. That is the interpretation of this song that I had.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 56

Sing it out allusions!

“Stuck in the Moment” by Justin Bieber

Do you ever feel like you’ve had feelings for somebody that you can’t even describe?   You don’t think anyone else in the world feels the way that you do?  A lot of young teenagers who have boyfriends/ girlfriends think that they have feelings for each other that a lot of other people don’t.  In the song "Stuck in the Moment" by Justin Bieber he writes a song about how he feels for someone and thinks no one else feels or has felt the way he has.

How the song depicts Romeo and Juliet: 

The main line that this song uses that deals with Romeo and Juliet says, “Now Romeo and Juliet, bet they never felt the way we felt.” This song mostly uses the message that love isn’t perfect but he is willing to do whatever it takes to be with this girl and fight for their love. In Romeo and Juliet they had to break the rules of falling in love with the enemy just to be with each other. The song talks about wanting to have another moment with the one he loves and being able to see each other again. In Romeo and Juliet they were very impatient about waiting for the news of the other and they always wanted to be with each other. 

“Just because this cold, cruel world said we can’t be, Baby we both have the right to disagree.”

How accurate?

This allusion is not very accurate because they talk about no one in the world has felt the way he feels not even Romeo and Juliet. Romeo and Juliet were teenagers who got married! In this song it sounds of just more of a teenager crush and not a serious and intense relationship like Romeo and Juliet had. What the song describes sounds like some kind of crush were they think they will do whatever it takes just to be with this person but in reality they will probably move on in life. Romeo and Juliet died for each other. They literally loved each other that much.

Conclusion:           

In conclusion teenagers who think they are truly in love are not usually as in love as Romeo and Juliet were.  The song "Stuck in the Moment" by Justin Bieber references to the love of Romeo and Juliet but not effectively.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 04:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 54

Sing it Out

Taylor Swift plus Romeo and Juliet equals awesome. Think about it the classic play and the popular country star, it’s amazing. In her song, “Love Story”, when she talks about Juliet, is that the same Juliet as in the play? Let’s find out.

The song says "Stay away from Juliet" and Romeo didn’t in the story or in the song. He came back for her in both the song and play. I think the song did a pretty good job depicting Romeo. The rest of the song pretty much refers to how Juliet (Taylor Swift) feels about Romeo having to go away. “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” That line is true because when Romeo had to leave in the play, Juliet’s parent for forcing her to marry and love Paris. Again, the lyrics depicted Juliet positively.

Now, the depiction of the characters where accurate but the overall plot between the play and the song were completely wrong. In the song Juliet waited for Romeo to come back and when he did then they married. In the play they got married then he had to leave. Another BIG thing the song left out was that Juliet died in the play but not in the song. Overall the plot depiction was incorrect.

Even though Romeo and Juliet with Taylor Swift sounds amazing, the song is all wrong. I love the play. I love the song. Together it’s just wrong.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 01:40 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 45

Sing It Out, "Love Story" Ever find someone that you thought was your one and only? In the play Romeo and Julie by William Shakespeare and in the song Love story by Taylor Swift, they are both saying the same thing about love.

In the song it says Romeo and Juliet`s name in it, and talks about how Juliet can’t be with Romeo, and it also says in the book how they can’t be together because of their parents arguments with each other and how they don’t like the other family. Also how Romeo is not banished from Verona and that is making an impact on their relationship.

“Love story” by Taylor Swift has a lot of allusions, as does the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. One allusion that sticks out to me the most is they are both talking about how they are in love with someone. Also how they are willing to do anything for each other. To think that Juliet would kill herself just to be with Romeo is very thoughtful and romantic of Juliet.

In conclusion the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, and The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift they are both similar in the same way.

Sing it out!

Have you ever heard of the play Romeo and Juliet? Have you ever heard something that referes back to their love? Has their reference been accurate? In the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift she sings about Romeo and Juliet.

In this song she compares her relationship to Romeo and Juliet’s. She sings about how she was young when they met. She also says about how they were at a party. And in the play they first met each other at the Capulet’s party.Towards the middle of the song Taylor says about how her dad said told her Romeo to stay away from her. She mentions how she was waiting for him and she was wondering if he would come for her. This can relate to the play because Lord Capulet wouldn’t want Juliet to see a Montague.

All of these references are corret. They are correct because the thing that she sings about happen in the play.

In conclusion almost all of these comparisons made with her and Juliet are correct. This song is a good representation of the play Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 01:19 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 48

Sing it out:

There are so many new songs coming out every year. Theres country, pop, rock, hip hop, dub step and many more. Every song that someone writes and performs has meaning to it. Some are about love, having fun, and some refer to famous stories. Such as "Check Yes, Juliet" by We the Kings.

This song depicts the story very well. One example is the lyrics " Run, baby, run; don't ever look back; they'll tear us apart". This referring to the book by saying that Romeo and Juliet want to run away together. Another quote would be " I won't go until you come outside". This is showing how Romeo would never stop waiting for her.

I feel this song refers to the love of Romeo and Juliet, but not the actual story. Only because the lyrics don't match up with the actual things that happen in the story.

In conclusion, Romeo and Juliet is a very famous love story that some song writers like to use.

Sing It Out Do you know any love songs? Do you have a favorite love song? Do you know any love songs that have Romeo or Juliet in them? I found a love song named "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.

This song uses Romeo and Juliet to show that they are in love but can’t be together because of their parents. Also this song used Romeo and Juliet to tell use that it’s a tragic love. These are some examples of how she uses Romeo and Juliet.

In conclusion I think that this song uses Romeo and Juliet’s names correctly except for one part that only her dad doesn’t like her Romeo. Also they both don’t die in the end of the song. This is my blog on how this song uses Romeo and Juliet’s names. And how correctly their names are used.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 05:22 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 48

Sing It Out

Some point in your life you have probably heard of Romeo and Juliet. There are many songs referring to them and their story. The song I chose is “Check Yes Juliet” by We The Kings. This Song has many references to the story.

The first example is the line” I’ll keep tossing rocks at your window; There’s no turning back for us tonight”. This line is talking about Romeo at Juliet’s balcony at night trying to get her attention. This line depicts a very important part of the story.

I think this song gives accurate allusions of Romeo and Juliet. It tells about them at her balcony at night and him talking to her. In the passage this is exactly how this happens. The song depicts the story well.

I believe that this song has a good portrayal of Romeo and Juliet. It has many lyrics to back me up. If you agree write about this song too.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 42

Sing it Out

Did you ever notice how many references are made to the story of Romeo and Juliet? Romeo and Juliet have been the influence of many songs and movies. One of these songs is “Love Story” by Taylor Swift.

This song relates to Romeo and Juliet in many ways. The song says “see the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say Hello.” This relates to the story because this is how Romeo and Juliet met. The line “So I sneak out to the garden to see you.” In the book Romeo snuck into the Capulet’s orchard to see Juliet. The line “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” In Romeo and Juliet; Juliet was being forced into marrying someone.

This story creates the allusion of Romeo and Juliet. This story creates an accurate allusion of Romeo and Juliet by saying these three lines. “See the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say Hello.” “So I sneak out to the garden to see you.” “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” These lines are all references that can be directly referred to Romeo and Juliet.

This is just one song that makes a reference to the story Romeo and Juliet. This is a great song and it makes a lot of accurate references to Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 99

Sing it Out

What's the first thing you think of when you hear the word love? Is it romance, date night, Romeo and Juliet? In the song "Love story" by Taylor Swift, Taylor represents them as two lovers living in our world. Romeo and Juliet are both depicted in this song real well.

In this song it shows that a young boy & girl think that they are in love, but they really arent,there just kids and don't know what love is like in the song it says "We were both young when I first saw you". They were only young.

"Love story" is a very good comparison & allusion to the story. It shows how much they are in love. "Marry me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone, I love you and thats all I really know" Romeo does this same thing in the story he ask's Juliet to marry him and they say yes.

Finally "Love Story" is a great comparison to Romeo and Juliet. It shows that they are in love in all the right places.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 51

Sing Out The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is a good example of an allusion towards the tale of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. In “Love Story” it says many things that remind me of Romeo and Juliet, not just by using their names but by using things that are related to the novel. In “Love Story” is says “On the balcony of summer air”. This relates to Romeo and Juliet because Romeo climbs up a tree to see Juliet, who is hanging off her balcony. In “Love Story” it also says “So I sneak out to the garden to see you; we keep quiet ‘cause we’re dead if they knew”. This line relates to Romeo and Juliet really well. Since Juliet isn’t allowed to see Romeo because he is a Montague, she snuck out of the house onto the balcony to see him. Both are good examples of how the play “Romeo and Juliet” and the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift are connected. Also in “Love Story” by Taylor Swift it says “Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel; this love is difficult, but it’s real”. In “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare, Juliet’s parents tell her that she is going to marry Paris, when she really is in love with Romeo. Romeo and Juliet get married without her parents knowing, in “Love Story” it says “And said, marry me Juliet you’ll never have to be alone I love you and that’s all I really know”. These quotes from “Love Story” are also related to “Romeo and Juliet”. The song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift can connect to the novel “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare. In “Love Story” it uses Romeo and Juliet as examples of the play. “Love Story” and “Romeo and Juliet” relate in many ways.

Love Story

Have you ever read the story or play Romeo and Juliet By Shakespeare? If so, have you also heard the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift? Do you think that according to the play, the song is accurate? It is.

The song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift shows that Romeo and Juliet met at a party. Then after that they fell in love. They couldn't see each other because Juliet's father told Romeo to stay away from Juliet. Even after that Romeo came back to Juliet and asked her to marry her. Of course Juliet said yes after that.

One example would be in the song where it says "We were both young when I first saw you." In the play and in the story both Romeo and Juliet were young when they first met. Another example is the part of the song that says " See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns." That part is accurate because Romeo and Juliet first saw each other at a party at Juliet's house. A third example would be when the song says "My daddy said stay away from Juliet" That part is accurate because Romeo and Juliet's family disliked each other very much so Juliet's father didn't want Romeo around his daughter. A fourth example in the song is when is says "Marry me Juliet, you never have to be alone, I love you and that's all I really know." This is accurate because in the play and in the story Romeo did ask Juliet to marry him.

In conclusion, the song "Love Story" is accurate to Romeo and Juliet the play and the story.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 06:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 44

There is no end, no limit, measure, bound, In that word's death; no words can that woe sound."(William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, 3;2) In the drama Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare, both Romeo and Juliet are deeply in love with each other. With some minor miscommunications they both end up dead. In the song "A Change of Pace" by Prepare the Masses explains as accurate allusion about the love story between Romeo & Juliet.

Throughout the song the love between Romeo & Juliet is portrayed. In the line "Let's not forget about this tale of love replay the story as it's told to us, life is precious but worth giving away for ideals of beauty and better days" Romeo & Juliet both thought that giving up their life to have better days with each other was better than a precious life without one another. They're so deeply in love with one another that they'll kill them self if they can't be together. This song depicts Romeo & Juliet’s love.

Also accurate allusion of the song in portrayed. In the line “Two star-crossed lovers married looking for regrets by daybreak I’ll be gone and searching for your kiss". It means that Romeo & Juliet families hate each other, but when they first meet the fall deeply in love with one another, even though their families hate each other. With knowing that they still get married and then keep their love a secret. Also from the song “I’m killing cousins, revenge I seek In fair Verona I will lay him down, down to sleep. In desperation, poison becomes this story's ending in a tomb of lover's trust, trust" After Romeo & Juliet married, Romeo went to Verona only to fine that Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) and Mercutio were sword fighting. While trying to stop the fight, Romeo gets in the way and Tybalt stabs Mercutio. Mercutio dies and Tybalt runs away, filled with anger Romeo runs after Tybalt and kills him. As punishment Romeo is danned from Verona. One thing leads to another and Juliet takes poison and falls asleep, but Romeo thinks she’s dead so he kills himself. Then Juliet wakes up to find Romeo dead so she kills herself. Overall the song “A Change of Pace” is a very accurate song.

Even though this play is very old, it still has some meaning to the real world. It’s played in songs, stories ect. This song is accurate and sums up the tragic love of Romeo & Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 09:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

We hear the phrase Romeo and Juliet more than we know, whether it's on T.V, in movies ,or even in songs. Is it being used the same way it was used in the play? In the song "Hey Juliet" by Lmnt it is used correctly. That is because in the play and the song they love each other but neither Juliet wants anyone to know.

The song depicts Romeo and Juliet because it shows that Romeo loves Juliet very much. For example" Girl you got me on my knees Beggin' please." This shows that Romeo loves Juliet very much and he would even beg for her to love him.

The song does have and accurate allusion of Romeo and Juliet because they love each other but neither "Juliet" wants anyone to know that they are in love. I know this because the song says "Cause I know you really want me I hear your friends talk about me." That shows that she does love him but she doesn't want anybody to know about it.

The song does depict the play because in both the play and the song Romeo and Juliet love each other, but Juliet doesn't want anyone to know. The song does have an accurate allusion for the same reason above.

Have you ever looked at a song based on a book and thought, do they depict the characters correctly? I don't know about you but I sure haven't.

For this blog I chose the song Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings. I chose this song because I think it is has good accuracy when compared to Romeo and Juliet.

In the song they depict both Romeo and Juliet. Romeo is depicted as a boy, creeping outside of Juliet's home trying to get her attention. Then he tells her to run away with him and to not let anyone change her mind. He also tells her not to “sell her heart”. They don't exactly depict Juliet as much. This is because the singer is supposedly Romeo. The reason that Romeo creeping outside of Juliet's window and telling her to run away with him is accurate because that's pretty much what he does in the play.

In the play Romeo and Juliet made plans to get married and run away after she caught him outside of her window. The allusion of Romeo telling her not to sell her heart is also accurate because in the play she may have to get married to Paris. By telling her this he is saying run away with me and don't marry him just like he tells her in the play.

I think that the accuracy is very good in this song when compared to the play. In the play Romeo wants Juliet to run away with him and not marry Paris. He also says this in the song when he says,

"Lace up your shoes

Here's how we do

Run baby run

Don't ever look back They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be

Run baby run, forever will be

You and me”.

In these lines of the song Romeo is telling Juliet to get her things and run away with him because they’re meant to be. This is accurate when compared to the play because in the play Juliet fakes her death to run away with Romeo.

Those are some example of how the song depicts Romeo and Juliet. Also there is whether or not the depictions were accurate to the book.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 06:02 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 54

For this our love has ever been so groomed, so smooth? What if this is a lie and our love is not so groomed so smooth? This is not just a romance, but a journey into my life. The song “this one’s for you – Of Mice and Men” the meaning of this song is about two lovers that describe their love like Romeo and Juliet.

Saying “I’ll be the Romeo and you play the Juliet.” The song describes how he will be nothing without her, and that it’s not just a book he read, its reality, and that she will forever be in his heart. That she is so beautiful “so bright so bright.” That he’ll show her a heart that will never fail.

I agree that the allusion is clear in the song “this one’s for you – of mice and men” it does make you see what the song is talking about. It does catch your emotions, your eye in the song. The accuracy was dead on.

This was a amazing song to choose as a allusion, and relate the play Romeo and Juliet, by taking quotes from the play and putting them into their song, and also putting their names into the song. It also really described them, their love for each other, and also making it emotional, and visual.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 05:22 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 72

Singing In My Sleep

Sing It Out blog

Just about everyone is forced to read that well known classic Romeo & Juliet in high school English. Many have also heard references to those famous characters in multiple songs. One song that I’ve heard such an allusion is in the song “Singing in My Sleep” by Semisonic.

Specifically, it is Juliet that is being referred to in this song. The lyrics say, “I’ve been living in your cassette/ it’s the modern equivalent/ singing up to a Capulet/ on a balcony in your mind.” The author of this song, Dan Wilson, guitarist and songwriter of Semisonic, is not the first to make such allusions to the famous tale of Romeo & Juliet. He, like most all others, uses the reference to tell a story of love. This is not quite fully correct depiction.

I think this song by Semisonic, while a good song, is an inaccurate description of the real story of Romeo and Juliet. This song paints a picture of a modern teenage romance, with no tragic twists, which is very different from the real story. The song starts out sounding very similar to the story of Romeo & Juliet, but it pretty much then stops there. It is only similar to the beginning, when Romeo and Juliet are convinced they’ll live happily ever after with their new married-life that isn’t so different from their old unmarried lives. The song says nothing of any real problems, tragedy, or, most importantly, death. A lot of Shakespeare’s tragedy plays are characterized by the quantity of death in them. The song mentions nothing of any of those.

In conclusion, though “Singing In My Sleep,” by Semisonic is a wonderful song, it’s allusion to the famous story of Romeo & Juliet is not a very accurate depiction.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 05:09 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

Sing It Out: Initial and Final.

“Kick off your shoes, Ay Oahh Ay Oahh!” The song “Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings contains allusions to Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. The song depicts the love story and does a good job comparing the song to the story.

"Check Yes Juliet" illistrates the love story Romeo and Juliet. It mainly focuses on the two lovers running away so that they can freely be together. In the story Romeo and Juliet are not allowed to be together because their families are enemies so they must run away in order to be together. In the song the narrator is convincing the girl to run away with him by saying, "Run, baby, run/ Don't ever look back/ they'll tear us apart/ If you give them the chance." It depicts the book in an effective way.

The allusion in this story is pretty accurate. The narrator of the song says, "Just sneak out/ And don't tell a soul good bye." That is exactly what Romeo and Juliet's plan is. He also says that he will throw rocks at her window and wait for her to come outside, which is kind of like what Romeo said to Juliet. Instead of throwing rocks he climbed to her balcony, and instead of waiting for her to come out, he went in.  The song portrays the story perfectly. Almost exactly the same.

In conclusion, "Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings is based on a story by William Shakespeare called Romeo and Juliet. They compare very well and the song illistrates the story effectively and correctly.

“Romeo and Juliet” is about two lovers who are very serious about each other and would do anything for each other, and We the Kings has a song called “Check Yes Juliet” It’s is also about two lovers who are very serious about each other and don’t let anyone else tear them apart.

In Romeo and Juliet they have family’s that hate each other but they don’t let that tear them apart. In the song “Check Yes Juliet” he says “I won’t go until you come out side.” What he means by that is I love you too much and I’m not leavening until I get to see you. He also says “I’ll keep throwing rocks at your window, there’s no turning back for us tonight.” What he’s saying by that is I’m going to get your attention and then you’re going to come with me and no matter what anyone has to say about it, were not going to go back and get separated. The song says “Don’t ever look back, they’ll tear us apart.” When they say that, they mean we’re not going to go back because they don’t want us together and they will take us away from each other. Something else that they say in the song, “Forever it’ll be you and me.” When they say that there saying there serious about their relationship just like Romeo and Juliet were.

In Romeo and Juliet it’s almost the something no one wanted them together, and everyone was trying to pull them apart. When they wanted to see each other they would have to sneak of or be sneaky about it. Also Romeo and Juliet wanted to be with each other forever; that’s why they got married.

I think the song “Check Yes Juliet” is a lot alike the book Romeo and Juliet because they have just about the same relationship.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 03:31 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 44

Fever by Peggy Lee' 1958

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/peggy-lee/fever.html

this song makes a great reference to romeo and juliet the lyrics say.

Romeo loved Juliet

Juliet she felt the same

When he put his arms around her

He said, "Julie baby you're my flame"

Thou givest fever when we kisseth

Fever with thy flaming youth

Fever I'm on fire

Fever yea I burn forsooth

This song is about love and how firry and hot it can be.  It says how many people fall in love are consumed by its burning fire of passion. It also represents the way love makes the mind fevered. Fevered means that is all consuming and takes over your life.

This song is music to thy ears it speaks of Romeo and Juliet a couple famous for more than 400 years. The play showed love now portrayed in song through through allusion. Every few lines has many meanings all depending on how you think. The song is about love and how powerful it can be. The allusion shows love in deeper meaning not necessary to the song. The accuracy is also correct for the allusion to be used properly and in the best way possible.

The allusion in this song is representing Romeo’s and Juliet’s love. The line "Julie baby you're my flame" shows that they love each other with a burning passion but also flame shows life and if Juliet’s goes out he will not have a life worth living. Secondly the line "Thou givest fever when we kisseth" show how much they loved each other and that when they kiss it was All consuming and gave them love from there on. This refers to the party when they first kissed because it is when they fell in love.

IN conclusion this allusion is correct because they do end up killing them self’s because they think each other is dead, and when they met they were instantly in love when they kissed. This song also states how they would be all consumed by their love and they were because when one was thought to be dead they killed them self’s.  their love was strong so strong that if they lost the other they would die from their own hand.

Lets face it..."Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings is a catchy song. Lets also face it I only thought of this song because its the only song besides Love Story that I knew with Romeo and Juliet mentioned. Basically when it comes between a Taylor Swift song and a random catchy song...I chose the one that alternates guitar chords in there songs. Now away from dissing Taylor (shes not that bad) I'm going to critique "Check Yes Juliet".

One, there were no letters to check yes on...there was a perverted nurse with a low I.Q. but I don't think she'd be appreciative if Juliet checked yes on her. Two "Check yes Juliet kill the limbo I'll be throwing rocks at your window."

Where would Juliet get a radio to play Limbo? When was that even popular?? I know it wasn't during the time the story we are reading is based on. Another thing...why do all songs involve Romeo throwing rocks at the windows? What is it Romeo is suddenly rude now? I don't remember shattered windows in the play I remember a balcony but not a window with hurt feelings.This song also never mentions Romeo... it took me awhile to figure out which Juliet he is singing about.

I basically beleive that its a great song for a modern time Romeo and Juliet but for the time period now its just a tad bit confusing. If you are singing about Romeo and Juliet there also should be a mention of tragedy since the story is a tragedy. Now I will stop complaining about the song. It involves a forbidden romance and catchy verses so if you haven't you should listen t it.

To conclude my drone I will say that the song is good to party to but not the best to compare to Romeo and Juliet. It has it's unique twist to the story but when it comes to it you should stick with the original. Especially after you say check an answer on a person ;)