Copyright (c) 2014 by Julia D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Julia D -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Julia D

teacher: Melanie Transue

Julia D.

Sing It Out

Did you ever think Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet connects to some stuff in our life time now? I have given this some thought.  I realize that stuff in our lifetime now connects to the story, especially if you compare it to modern day songs.  The song I picked to relate to the story, Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare, is “Love Story,” by Taylor Swift. I chose this song because it has many allusions to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Some allusions are accurate and some are not.

In the song, “Love Story” Taylor Swift is singing, “We were both young when I first saw you…” It compares with the book, Romeo and Juliet, because Romeo and Juliet were young and they met at Lord Capulet’s party.

Another way the book and the song compare is when Taylor Swift sings, “…I’m standing there on a balcony in summer air...” It compares to the story of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare because Juliet was on her balcony, and Romeo was down at the bottom of the balcony listening to her tell the secrets of her heart.

A third way the story and the song are similar is when Taylor Swift sings, “See the party, the ball gowns, I see you make your way through the crowd…” In the story Romeo and Juliet, that really did happen. Romeo made his way to Juliet and she saw him and they met and kissed.

One of the differences in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift and the story Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare is when Taylor Swift sings, “Romeo you were throwing pebbles…..” and in the story that never really happened. Romeo never threw pebbles when he was with Juliet.

Another difference in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift and Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is when she sings, “Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel….” Lady and Lord Capulet don’t really tell Juliet how to feel, but they want her to marry Paris when really Juliet does not want to because she’s in love with Romeo.

Another difference in the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is when she sings “I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress…” In the story, Romeo never really went to Lord Capulet and talked to Juliet’s dad.

In conclusion, this is why the song, “Love Story,” by Taylor Swift and the book Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare are alike and different. Most people hear the song and relate it to their own feelings of being in love, but I know there are some differences between the two. I chose the song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift because it has a lot in common with the story, Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare. I hope you enjoy all enjoyed my Sing It Out!

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 74

May Free write

I’m writing this poem about confusions. I picked this poem because you may never know what you want in life. Everything is hard and sometimes life throws things at us we may not like but in the end it may get better. I hope you enjoy this poem.

Confusion

It’s hard it makes you think

It takes a lot

To get things off

Or in your mind

It’s hard when you

Don’t know what you want

Or where you might want

To go in

Life but not only

Is that hard everything is

Thinking you love someone

Not knowing

What to do about it

See life throws stuff

At you that

You have to handle

It may be hard

But it’s worth it all

It’s what makes us stronger

In the long run

Love, life it’s all very hard

But you don’t ever have to

Worry

You will

Always have someone

There for you

Confusion

Don’t let it over power you

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 92

Julia D.

Dear Freshy

Welcome to ninth grade! I hope you all enjoy your year. If you want to make sure you pass and do good just take a few tips I’m going to give you. You need to study, follow instructions, and get your work done on time.

It's always best to study it will help you a lot and make you go far and get good grades. Getting good grades is always a plus it not only makes your parents happy but it will make you happy it will show that you can do it. I know when I study and do good on a test I always get good grades and it makes me feel good and my teachers are proud of me it’s a nice feeling. I hope you take this advice I give you because studying is always a plus it can never go wrong getting good grades is good.

Follow instructions why should you follow them because if you don’t you will upset your teacher and trust me you never want to do that. Another reason why is because then you will know what is going on and you wont be lost. I’m sure you have probably had that happen to you and you didn’t really enjoy it and like all kids well young adult I know the feeling because it happens to the best of us. But if you follow instructions you won’t have to worry about it happing again.

Getting your work done on time is a big must. Its always good to have your work done on time so then you get full credit.Trust me full credit is always better then only getting a few points. If you get your work done on time or even early you wont have to worry about missing it or losing it and rushing to get it done. Plus it takes a lot of weight of your shoulders and makes your life a little bit more easy which is nice.

I hope you enjoy ninth grade and if you follow these tips you will pass. Passing is very important just follow these tips. Study a lot always follow instructions and make sure to get your work done on time. I hope you all enjoy the ninth grade.

Sincerely, Julia Doyle

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 06:44 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 77

March Free Write

I’m writing this poem to tell about how you should never give up if you really love or have faith in something. I think everyone should always have faith and never give up because being positive is always good so I hope you all enjoy my poem.

Never Back Down

By: Julia Doyle

Never back down

Never give up

Love friendship

Nothing is ever worth

Giving up on

You

Can always do what

Ever you want

Giving up does

Not make

Things better

If anything it makes it harder

Why do we give up

The ones who don’t

Give up are strong

Were not feeble minded

Were not weak I can show you

I can prove to you that

I am no the weak

I can show you

I’m not the feeble

Minded

I’m strong and tough

And I know where

I stand

I won’t ever back down

I won’t ever give up

I know there’s time’s

When we all feel

Like running

But we don’t we stand there

And say

I’m stronger then you think

I’m not backing

Down

I’m not letting

You take me

Away from my

Dreams I know I can

Make it

I know backing down

And giving up

Is not where I stand in

My life

I’m not one

To back down

I’m one to stand

Up and fight

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 06:49 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 61

April Free Write

"She Was Sixteen"

By: Julia Doyle

I wrote this poem because there’s a song called, "Sixteen" and it made me think. I came up with this because all I know to the words of the song is, "She was sixteen." I thought I would try and write something like it and more inspired.

"She Was Sixteen"

By: Julia Doyle

She was sixteen

Filled with dreams

Had a mind of her

Own that nobody

Could stop

She knew what

She wanted

She knew were

She was going

She was just sixteen

But had it all planned

Out

She was

Ready

Ready for anything

She had spunk

And flare

She had her wild thoughts

She was outgoing and

Care free

I wrote this poem because not only do I love to write but its nice to care about people. When I wrote about this poem I though about how it's nice having people care for you sometimes. It's not always bad its good it's actually a good feeling. I hope you enjoy my poem.

Care for You

May I say your

Beauty fills the room

With longing

And love and joy

And Happiness

May I love you

For a thousand miles

More

May I care for you

Till the night sky goes a blur

May I hold you till my arms can’t bear

May I tell you how sweet you are

May I whisper sweet nothings in your ear

The love you bring

It makes me feel so free

The joy you make me have

The little things in life

I feel when you’re near me

May I say you’re as radiant as

The sun in the early morning

Miss Melanie Transue

Julia

9CP English

Construction Theory-Deconstruction

“Drops of Jupiter” by Train

A deconstrucist would celebrate the song, “Drops of Jupiter” by Train because there are a lot of details and connections. A deconstructist would look at the meaning of every detail in the song, and try to make connections.

One reason a deconstrucist would celebrate this song is because it has detail and symbolizes that she’s away from him. The lyrics have detail about her return to him when it says, “Now she’s back in the atmosphere.’’ He said she’s back in the atmosphere because she’s back in his world.

Another reason a deconstrucist would celebrate this song is because he describes her in many different ways. When he describes her he says, “She acts like summer and walks like rain,” he’s describing her as she’s bright and happy. When he says she walks like rain she’s calm and confident.

A deconstrucist would celebrate the song, “Drops of Jupiter” by Train because there are a lot of details and connections.

Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.

Love may be hard but down the line it may get better. You can have so many feelings about love but you may never know. I hope this poem helps you all.

Feeling of Love

By Julia Doyle

There’s a feeling you get

When you think

You’re in love

It’s mushy and gushy and

Makes you so frustrated

But in the end when you think

About it it’s not getting you

Mad it’s throwing

Out these signals

Saying you’re in love

Sometimes we don’t listen to them

We just play by what we

Think is right

Love can be over

Powering and make you

Think more then anything

Else it can hurt

And tear you down

But in the end it’s just

Building you

Up

It’s getting you ready

And making you

Strong it’s the feeling

Of love and it’s so over powering

We never know it