Copyright (c) 2014 by Courtney C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Courtney C -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Courtney C

teacher: Melanie Transue

3rd Person Omniscient

Cat and mouse are in the club house. Cat was thinking eating the mouse. Mouse was thinking about running away from cat. Cat thought about how delicious that plump mouse would taste. Mouse looked at the cheese in the mousetrap and thought it looled like thanksgiving dinner

3rd Person Limited

Cat and mouse in the club house. The cat looking at the mouse. Mouse was thinking about running away from the cat. The cat started to drool. Mouse looked at the cheese in the mousetrap and thought it looked like a thanksgiving.

3rd Person Dramatic

Cat and mouse are in the club house. The cat was looking at the mouse. Mouse walked around the mousetrap. He said, “That cheese looks like thanksgiving dinner!” Cat said, “That mouse looks like dinner!”.

Socratic Seminar Peruasuasive Essay

Ms. Transue

CP English9 A-1

24 October 2011

Rachel Howells killed Brunton for the jewels

by Conan Doyle

Have you ever met someone that kills people? Have you ever been so in love with someone you would do anything for them? Would you steal something for the person you love?     Rachel Howells killed Brunton on purpose. Rachel was neither crazy nor a calculating murderer; she was an opportunist.

Rachel did not plan to kill Brunton, but the wood slipped and the stone shut Brunton into what became his sepulcher. She was sneaky and took advantage of the situation because she could have helped Brunton get out, but instead she took the jewels and went off without helping him. She is mean and does not care about him because he did not want to be with her anymore. “Brunton hook up with another girl instead of Rachel, who was a good girl, but had an excitable Welsh temperament” (Doyle 5). She wanted the jewels and not him.

Rachel Howells ran off with the jewels. Rachel was ill for two days and needed a nurse to sit up with her because she was delirious and hysterical she then vanished on the third night. “Rachel threw the jewels in the mere at the first opportunity to remove the first trace of her crime” (Doyle 5). She got away with the jewels and murder. Rachel was never heard from or found after she disappeared. They found her footmarks at the edge of the mere but when they dragged it no body was found.

Some people might say that Rachel did kill Brunton or take the jewels. They were fighting, but there is a big difference between fighting and murder. 

Rachel acted a little crazy and perhaps angry that Brunton did not choose her to settle down with but instead chose Janet Tregllis. The story says, “Rachel had a sharp touch of brain- fever that left her like a black-eyed shadow of her former self” (Doyle 5). Rachel was not really crazy, she acted crazy to make everyone pay attention to her instead of the jewels and the fact that Brunton was missing.

These are some reasons that Rachel Howells is an opportunist. Rachel Howells took the jewels and put them in the mere and hid them from the police. Rachel Howells didn’t really kill Brunton, and she wasn’t really a murderer. She was a lady who took the chance to take the jewels and get rich while getting even with her ex-fiancée, Brunton.

Courtney C

The Djinn Who Lives Between Night and Day

Courtney C.

Theme: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Story:  The woman believes that her children are alive but they are not. 

Real Life: Don’t fall for tricks.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 07:49 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 53

September Free Write

Camping, Ebbtide Boat, and Family Fun

September Free Write

Courtney C.

Did you ever go camping?  I went camping at Lake Raystown. We had fun on the boat, sleeping in the camper and in the water park.

The boat’s name is Ebbtide. The boat holds four but we sneak five people. My brother invited a friend and his name is Bailey T. My brother and Bailey went and jumped off a cliff and they said it was fun. Blake and Bailey were swimming for fun and they saw a tree with a rope on it.  So they were holding the rope and they were swinging into the water. They did it a couple of times. The last time they did it they saw a snake and they swam back as fast as they could to get in the boat.

While sleeping in our camper one night, my brother and Bailey were fighting about something. I could not get to sleep.  It was almost an hour. They were fighting and they kept the light on. I told them to turn it off so they said, “No!” So they stopped for a few minutes, but then they were fighting again.

I went to the water park. I went on the dark slide about five times. There was a ride called, “Lazy Susan.” I will not go on it because when I go on it the inner tube stops at the hump in the beginning, when I want to go. The tube wants to go down but I am not on the tube. Then the tube goes down the water slide without me and I am stuck at the top with no tube. It was not fun going down on my rear end.

We made good memories on our camping trip to Lake Raystown.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 07:57 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 86

Shoes, Twilight and Jacob: A Visual Representation of Me

A Visual Representation of Me

Hi! I am Courtney and this is a representation of me.  My quote is, “Don’t assume it’s going to get done – it’s only going to get done if we help”.  The quote is by Rihanna, and I found it in American Cheerleader Magazine. I chose it because I like Rihanna and she said this after hurricane.

The first picture I choose was a picture of Twilight characters; it shows Bella and Alice talking.  The second picture I choose was Jacob Black from Twilight. The third picture I choose was a picture of a cheerleading squad. It shows my personality because I want to be a cheerleader.

My favorite reading memory is reading the book Twilight and talking about it to my friends. The fun picture I choose was shoes because I like shoes.

Thank- You for reading about me.  If you are a Twilight fan…let’s talk!

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries