Copyright (c) 2014 by Courtney C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Courtney C -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Courtney C

teacher: Melanie Transue

Courtney C.

Dear Freshy,

I hope you get through the year like a fly. If you do not do your work they will say, “Is your work done?”  This year will be easy if you do you work. Here is a chance for you to meet the teachers.

Mr. Hein teaches Civics.  All you need is a notebook and a pencil to take notes.  You take a really lot of notes.  If you do not study for tests, you will fail.  This class is easy.  He does not give much homework at all, but when he does, you need to do it.

Mr. Woolcock teaches science.  He does a lot of labs.  You have to take notes, but not overly like Mr. Hein.  Mr. Woolcock lets you use your notes for the test.  If you do not copy the review sheet in your notebook, you will not be able to use it.

Mrs. Farr teaches Health.  You do projects.  She gives you a date that the project is due.  One time I actually did set the project aside, then the date was really soon.  I suggest getting the projects done and over with before the due date.  You take a lot of notes.  You learn a lot.  Sometimes the tests are hard. 

Ms. Transue teaches English and Reading.  Every Wednesday you go to the computer lab and do blogging.  You have to do the blogging or you will fail.  You have to do a free-write every month.  There are also new assignments that you have to do.  You read in her class.  Some examples are short stories, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Romeo and Juliet, the Odyssey.  Every marking period you have to read a book and complete a book packet.  You take few notes.  The tests are hard.  Usually there are two essays on a book. 

All the teachers are nice, but when Ms. Transue has to tell you to stop talking she will get mad.  Just pay attention, and I hope you will like this year!

Good Luck and Have a Great Year!

Courtney C.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 06:11 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 83

Courtney C.

April Free Write

Bomb Threats  in Pittsburgh

If you ever had a brother or sister away at college thought everything was ok. If you were going to college beware of bomb threats.    

Did you know there are 99 bomb threats in Pittsburgh? By the time you read this there will probably be over 100 bomb threats. They have all been at the University of Pittsburgh.

The bomb threats started happening February 13, 2012. Many people had to be evacuated several times. The bomb threats have been happening all hours of the night. Some dorms had to be evacuated at 4 a.m. in the morning. It takes several hours to evacuate and clear each building. They bring dogs in to sniff the dorm to evacuate ever dorm.

This is not only school buildings and libraries; students are also living in dorms that have been evacuated. All of the students that are being evacuated need a place to go.

Pitt is a 132 acre campus. It is a city in itself. There are 34,000 students and 12,000 employees. It has been hard for the FBI, Pitt police, and the Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force to catch the person making the threats.

This is where I got my information if you are interested in checking it out http://pittnews.com/

March Free Write

Courtney C

Dreams               

Have you ever got a phone call or email saying that you won $10,000? Do you ever dream about winning $10,000? What would you do if you were the one to get that call?

Well I was the one to get that call. I filled in an on-line survey to win $10,000. It was for a teenager magazine agency. The agency said I could pick up the money at the Steam Town Mall in Scranton, Pa.  My mom is going with me along with my friends, Emily and Jenny, to pick up the $10,000. The people from the magazine will be there to take my picture, which will be in the magazine at a later date.

I meet the magazine agency at the food court. They hand me one-hundred $100 bills. When they give me the money I will take the money and go buy a pool for my family. Everyone in my family swims and would enjoy a pool.

The pool will be an in-ground, and it will be 3ft to 8ft deep. There will lights in the pool for night swimming, and it will also be heated. My family will be able to have pool parties with friends. My dad and I have wanted a pool for a long time. I wanted a pool for our house because so I do not have to keep asking my mom and dad to go to the lake to swim. My dad wants a pool to do some exercise.

This is my fake idea. I hope you enjoyed sharing this dream with me!  I really would buy a pool for my family if I could!

Courtney

CP English 1

Miss Transue

1 February 2012

Free Writing February

Giving Me A Chance

Did you ever try something new that you never did before? This year I tried out for cheerleading and I made the squad. I almost did not make it. My coach said, “I am going to give you a chance to do this…but you better put effort into it.” Trying out for cheerleading was risky and scary. It was risky because I could have gotten cut and scary because the judges watch you during try outs.

Now the basketball team only has four games left. We have one Friday-home, Tuesday Feb. 7 away- Friday, Feb. 10-away, and Tuesday Feb 14-home. Coach Nicky is having a baby boy. She decided to take the squad somewhere after cheerleading is done. She wanted to go to Olive Garden then to the mall. She would hang out with the cheerleading squad next Wednesday for the end of the season get together. The whole basketball cheerleading squad is so excited to go to the mall and Olive Garden.

I want to be able to cheer for the boys’ basketball team again next year. The boys like for us to cheer for them because they tell us how nice we did and they like some of the cheers. I hope I make it for the cheerleading squad next year and I am so glad Nicky took a chance on me this year. You should take a chance and try out for something you want to do. You never know how good it could turn out.

What did you do for christmas.This Christmas my dad’s brother’s wife is bringing her daughter’s baby. She brought the baby on Christmas day, Bylynn got to sit and eat dinner with us. Then she got to open her gift up. We went into the living room, we all sat down and she came to me. When my Aunt Kathy left the room and Bylynn got mad, I took her to Aunt Katy and she was fine. The day after Christmas my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kathy went to the mall in Pittsburgh and bought us gifts.

Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kathy did not know what to get my brother and I for Christmas. So they take us shopping the day after Christmas. They give us so much money and we get to pick our own gifts. We went in the stores that we wanted to go in. After we were done sopping for what we wanted. My Aunt Kathy said that we had $10 left for my brother and I. My bother said “do you want Aunt-Ann’s pretzel and drink”? So we did, we sat down and ate it.

My brother gave Bylynn a piece of pretzel and Bylynn dropped it. Bylynn pick it up and was going to eat it and my Aunt Kathy said “NO”! then Bylynn through it on the floor. My brother gave Bylynn another piece of pretzel and I said “you should not give the pretzel to Bylynn. My Aunt Kathy picked Bylynn up and put Bylynn in the stroller and we left the mall.

C.C.

OOPML

Courtney C.

What do you think the gypsy symbolized?

Would you change your age to younger or older ,if you had the chance like Jiim and Will?

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 01:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 40

November Free Write

Courtney C.

Homework, Cheerleading & Christmas

I do not like 9th grade because I always have homework every night. I do cheerleading every night Monday thru Friday 5:00-7:00. Then I come home and eat and do homework then go to bed. I hate when all the teachers give a lot for homework in one night. I have a spot to do my homework. I do cheerleading for basketball. I hope my math teacher does not give me homework on Thanksgiving break because Wednesday I have cheerleading.

On Thursday I have thanksgiving with my mom’s mom and dad for Thanksgiving. I am going to my mom’s mom and dad for Christmas. I had Christmas early because my mom’s mom and dad always go out to Arizona before the winter comes. For Christmas I got SpongeBob headphones. I also got Just Dance 3. I also got clothes, two shirts and pj’s. I like to have two Christmases. I go to my dad’s parents for Christmas.

In conclusion, I like 9th grade most of the time but not when I have a lot of homework. I need to spend more time on math to stay on the team. I can’t wait for Christmas.

Courtney C.

How is the relationship between Will and his dad changing?

How is the relationship between Will and his best friend Jim changing?

Courtney C.

November Free Write

Courtney C.

Homework, Cheerleading & Christmas

Courtney C.