Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily B -- Blogmeister

Emily and the Wierd Things She Likes (With Whatever Else Miss Transsue assigns me)

class 2015

by Emily B

teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear class of 2016,

I’m here to give you some advice for your upcoming year. The first thing to take note of is that there is a lot of homework. I know you’ve probably heard this all before, but for most classes, you probably won’t pass if you don’t do most of the homework.

Second, you won’t be picked on just for being a Freshman. I saw a bunch of letters from the freshman class before mine that said that was a common thing, but it’s just not true. The older grades are actually pretty nice for the most part (but I won’t deny that there aren’t some bad seeds… which may be more prevalent in my class than in others…). I think that’s it for now.

Hope you all have fun next year.

Sincerely,

Emily

www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/romeocinderella.htm <-The translated lyrics I used for this and an imbed of the song.  Warning- the song... isn't exactly school appropriate, and I'll just leave it at that.

Dozens of songs make reference to the story of Romeo and Juliet, one of the most famous love stories of all time.  One such song, with fairly accurate references as well as references to various fairytales, is "Romeo and Cinderella" by Doriko ft. Miku Hatsune (yes, more Vocaloid.  I think you were all expecting that though).

The story of Romeo and Juliet is a consistent metaphor in the song “Romeo and Cinderella”.  In the song, the narrator compares themselves and their significant other to Romeo and Juliet (one line translates to “I'm the ‘Juliet who likes to run away’” and another set of lines translates to “Just take me away, oh my Romeo, /To afar, until they scold us”) because their “love” (which seems to be more lust) is forbidden by the narrators parents (“But papa doesn't seem to like you that much”), but wishes for a more happy ending like Cinderella got (the first half of the first chorus is “The Cinderella that yearned for love all this time /Begins to run with just her dress/ The magic shall stop the time/ Or else the bad guys might get in our way”).

In addition to being consistent, the comparison the narrator of “Romeo and Cinderella” makes between their own life and the story of Romeo and Juliet is also fairly accurate. Like Juliet, they are in love (or, quite possibly, in lust) with someone their family doesn’t approve of, which is the main thing that leads to their problem, is moving too fast in their relationship (the last line of the first chorus is “Hey, won't you come live with me?”), and suffers because of it (the last five lines are “The Cinderella that had lied too much/ Is said to have been eaten by the Wolf/ What should I do? At this rate, even I/ Will be eaten someday/ Before that happens, come to my rescue, 'kay?”).

In conclusion, the allusions to Romeo and Juliet in the song “Romeo and Cinderella” are very accurate and fitting to the story.

“Please Ollie, don’t be so formal! You may look like you’re living in the past, but you don’t have to talk like it.”

Living in the past? He thought about his clothing- and yes, they did seem like they were from an era long gone… but what was so bad about that?  Never mind that, he had much more pressing matters to worry about than outdated fashion.

"I can't help it, that's how I was raised- but never mind that.  Why did you call me Ollie?"  It pained him a little to repeat the pet name given to him by a girl he had just met.

"I give all my younger family members cute nicknames.  It's my unofficial job."

How dull can her life be if she has an unoffical job of giving people pet names?  I had heard that she was unpopular and was difficult to work with... but is it really this bad?  "...I'm sorry, but did you just say 'family members'?  And does that include me?"

"Of course!  All the Vocaloids are my family members- and you have officialy taken the prize of 'most adorable cousin' from Piko."

Oliver smiled nerviously.  Oh joy.  I'm cuter than the robot boy who wears a dress.  ...I have to get rid of her before her wierdness rubs off on me.  "Look, Sonika, about the welcoming..."

"Did I do a good job?  I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomftorable, it's only my first time.  I promise-"

"Miss Sonika, you did a fine job.  Much better than most of the others.  But that's not what I was going to say.  I was going to ask you why you do this."

"That's actually a very interesting story.  A few years back, when Meiko was released, Leon and Lola decided to invite her over to a little party.  I don't know what they did, but it was so fun that they decided to try to do something similar for all the new Vocaloids released from all the companies.  Over the years, it's become a chore to some of us, which is one of the reasons why we take turns... but I didn't feel that way today Ollie."

"That is a very sweet story... as for this meeting being exciting to you: I figured as such.  Your bubbliness seemed much more genuine than anyone else's, and you actually made an effort to have a conversation with me.  Barring some sort of unforseen circumstances, I think we could be really good friends."

She smiled.  "That was my goal Ollie."

And thus ended the first meeting of Oliver and Sonika.  True to their hopes, they are quickly becoming good friends, and hopefully will sing a duet together in the near future.

Anyone who has ever been to a city knows that pigeons run rampant. You can’t go anywhere, save for wherever you happen to be staying, without seeing pigeons. However, the pigeons most people are familiar with are just one kind of pigeon, also known as the Rock Dove. Today, I’ll be comparing the many kinds of pigeons to a few of my best friends.

1. My friend Brynn would be a Dresden Trumpeter. Trumpeter pigeons are known for their distinctive voice, and anyone who knows Brynn knows that she is fairly hyper and talks a lot. Also, Dresden Trumpeters have a noticible dark red coat, that kind of looks like Brynn's hair.

2. My friend Justin would be a Sverdlovsk blue-grey mottle-headed pigeon (wow that's a mouthfull).  Look at the pigeon below.  At first glance, it seems like a very plain bird, nothing really special or out of the ordinary.  However, it is actually a highly valued show breed with a long list of impermissable "defects".  Justin is similar to this breed because at first he seems like the average introverted bookworm, but once you get to know him, there's so much more to him.

3. My friend Antwon would be a German Nun.  This breed requires much less care than other breeds, and Antwon is a very self-sufficent person.

4. My friend Naomi (who doesn't go to this school, so you'll just have to trust my description) would be a Cumulet.  The Cumulet is the breed of pigeon that most closly matches the white dove, which is very common in fiction, but isn't often seen in person.  Likewise, Naomi fits the description of a steryotypical "dumb" blonde (which she aknowledges and seemingly embraces... even though I think that "absent-minded" is a better descriptor for her most of the time), which is often seen in jokes, but not in reality.

In conclusion, many of my friends have traits that match up to traits of breeds of pigeons.

A feminist would celebrate the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The first reason a feminist would celebrate this show is because it has a large, diverse cast of female characters.  The six main characters have a variety of interests and personality traits, and while this occaisonally causes conflict, they all play off of each other nicely and have good chemestry, which is an important thing for making a show entertaining.  This is a large improvement over many forms of entertainment where female characters have the most importance when they are the love interest or relative of a male character- in fact, it seems to be the exact opposite in this show, as evidenced by the character Big Macintosh, who until recently didn't have much signifigance beyond being the older brother of Applejack and Apple Bloom, and when he finally got an episode where he had a signifigant role in the plot of an episode, it was the Valentine's Day episode (Hearts and Hooves Day) which was all about his love potion-induced romance with Cherrilee.  This show's large and diverse cast of female characters is one reason a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The second reason a feminist would celebrate this show is because the portrayal of female characters is positive overall.  While there have been episodes with female one-shot villans (like Boast Busters, which saw the one and only appearence of The Great and Powerful Trixie, who became a fan-favorite despite her arrogence and exaggeration), and episodes where the six main characters have made major mistakes (like Sweet and Elite, in which Rarity lied to the Canterlot upper-class in order to get accepted, and then to her friends in order to hide her ill-gained status), the overall message remains positive.  All the main characters are shown to be independent and able to hold a sucessful job relating to their special talent, and are willing to overcome their faults for those they love, as shown in Dragonshy, when Fluttershy, the quiet and meek pegasus,  yells at a dragon and gives him a death stare after he had assulted the other main characters, even though she's terrified of full-grown dragons.  This is another reason a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

In conclusion, a feminist would celebrate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Make your own slide show at Animoto.

“James! Wait up!” Sonika yelled, realizing that the bird likely didn’t understand her. “Oh, we’ll never find Ollie at this rate…”

“James! Ja-ames~! Where did he get off to this time? And... who is that?!” He saw his bird flying at nearly top speed towards him being followed by a green-haired girl. Now why would Gumi be here? I thought I told her to leave me alone…

"Ollie, there you are!  I didn't think I'd ever find you.  You're good at hiding."  And so much more adorable in person, she thought.

"And here you are... whoever you are."  This obviously isn't Gumi... the voice is completely different, and this girl is much taller.  But who is she?

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself!  I'm Sonika, and I would like to welcome you on behalf of the Zero-G Vocaloids!"

Oh no, not another one.  "Well miss Sonika, it's a pleasure to meet you, and, uhm, thank you for bringing back James," he said, trying to hide his disinterest and annoyance. Now how do I get rid of her?

With the story finished, it's obvious that happiness is the greatest weapon against the carnival. Why is that? At what point was it most powerful?

I promised you guys that I would write the full version of this eventually, so... here it is. Part 1 anyway. Copy-paste from last version: "One thing to keep in mind with VOCALOID fanfiction like this is that the author is writing the VOCALOIDs how they see them. My portrayal of Sonika is largely based on her official twitter account maintained by Zero-G staff members, and I made up most of Oliver's characterization as I was writing." So... hope you all enjoy this.

Sonika wandered around the halls of the (abnormally for how few of them there were) large house that all the English Vocaloids lived in. She had the honor of welcoming the newest Vocaloid, Oliver, on behalf of all the Vocaloids from the Zero-G company. As excited as she was, she was also very nervous. So nervous that she had to keep repeating her speech in her mind so she didn’t forget it. Hi, I’m Sonika, and I would like to- Wait… was that… “James!” she called to the small bird. “Can you show me where Oliver is?” The goldfinch, giving no sign of truly understanding her, flew in the opposite direction, and Sonika, who didn’t have a lot of other options, started following him.

Oliver sat at his favorite hiding place, the windowsill in his bedroom. As much as he liked his new “family”, they could be a bit overbearing at times (actually most of the time), so he enjoyed having a place to be alone with his thoughts and his bird. But mostly his thoughts as James, his pet American Goldfinch had a habit of flying around the house randomly. Not that any of the others seemed to mind. "Where is he anyway?" He figured that he had been sitting and thinking long enough and went to find James.

http://cdn.widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertWidget.js"> type="text/javascript">if (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('7dc3122c-27bf-4982-bd38-c343829068b5');

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 03:43 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

How does Mr. Halloway fight the Dust Witch?  Why do you think this works?