Copyright (c) 2014 by Courtney B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Courtney B -- Blogmeister

My binder

class 2015

by Courtney B

teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 06:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 139

Courtney B

May Free Write

My Best Friends

Do you have Best Friends that you care about? Do you have best friends that go to different school like Towanda? I do I have four best friend that I care about so much that go to Towanda. Their names are Karlie M, Amber B, Caroline K, and Cassidy H.

My friend Karlie M she is one of my best friends since first grade at Towanda School. I remember when I first stayed at her house and we were jumping on the bed and bumped heads. I also remember when we down in the basement at her house playing hiding go seek and playing other games down there it was fun. We also watched the Amanda show with each other a lot. We also went sled riding over this big bump at her house and we landed face first in the snow it was so fun. I am so glad I can still hang out with her sometimes and even at the Dunn Hill 2 Speed WayJ.

My next friend is Amber B she is also one of my best friends. I also remember when I stayed at her house for her birthday party it was so fun. She also invited me to Knobbles with her and it was so fun to hang out with her and her sister and her mom. When she first went to Towanda I got to show her around and tell her teachers names and everyone else to. When she got use to everyone and started talking to everyone we were best friends to and she was friends with all my other friends to. I am so glad we still talk to each otherJ.

My next friend is Caroline K she is also my best friend. Her and I and our friend amber use to hang out all the time together. We also went to the movies together and our friend Amber did to and every weekends sometimes I would hang out with them. I also remember when I went to her house to hangout for the day. I also remember when we use to make up these crazy games at recesses with this girl Logan S and we use to play follow the leaders we did it was fun. I am also glad that she is still my best friend and we also talk to each other sometimes tooJ.

My last best friend is Cassidy H she is also my best friend. I use to live by her and I always use to hang out with her it was fun. I remember when she always use to ask for me to stay at her house and she would stay at my house. She also use to walk to school with me before and she always use to hang out with me every day. I am so glad were still friends and talk to each other a lotJ.

Incunclution

I am so glad these girls are my best friends they help me get through the rough times. Sometimes I never get to see them or talk to them but we are always there for each other.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:06 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 65

Courtney B.

Sing It Out

“Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings

Do you think that “Check Yes Juliet” is a good song for Romeo and Juliet or is it very different from the story? I think it’s different from the story because Juliet doesn’t “check yes Juliet” she falls in love with Romeo. Do you think that Romeo in the song “Check Yes Juliet” is taking her away from her parents for the same reason as the play Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare? Why in the song “Check Yes Juliet” does Romeo want to run away but in the play Romeo and Juliet he does not want to run away, he just wants to be married to Juliet?

“Check yes Juliet” are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I won’t go until you come outside”. The first reason why I think the song is different from the story is that it isn’t raining on the sidewalks and Romeo is on the balcony with Juliet. “Check Yes Juliet” kill the limbo I’ll be tossing rocks outside your window”. In the book Juliet isn’t riding in a limbo and Romeo does not toss rocks at her window. In the story the Capulet’s do hate the Montague’s so Romeo and Juliet don’t tell there parents that they are getting married. Romeo wants Juliet to leave and do not say a word to her parents Romeo and Juliet.

In the song “Check Yes Juliet” Romeo leaves and Juliet is all upset and I think the count down 3…2….1 means that she’s going to leave and die and Romeo is going to die next. The next reason is that they would run away together to get away from all the people. They think it would be much better if they didn’t because probably all the argument would go away in the family. In the song “Check Yes Juliet” they just want to run away but in the book she wants to kill herself and be with the wild bears instead of getting married to Paris. In the story Romeo and Juliet Juliet’s parents aren’t forcing her to get married to somebody she doesn’t love.

In conclusion there are many differences from the song to the book. I think that songs and movies have used parts of William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet in their songs, movies, and cartoons.

Dear Freshy,

My first advice would be to get along with a lot of people.

1.  Do your work

2.  Don’t ever sleep in class

3.     Never argue with the teachers

4.     Don’t act like your perfect it doesn’t get you anywhere

5.     Some teachers are fun to joke with and some are actually serious

6.     Be active outside of school

7.     DO YOUR BLOGS ALL THE TIME

9.     Your going to get made fun of for being a 9th grader

10. Don’t ever stress over work

11. Don’t be the lame 8th grader anymore make your self a better person. (:

I hope you have a wonderful year in 9th grade and hope you enjoy it. (:

Courtney Burdick

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 03:06 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 142

March Freewrite

Easter is coming up and all the desserts are so good. Have you ever wondered how to make banana cream pie? I did.

I’m going to tell you how to make banana cream pie step by step. So the 1st thing you do is the ingredients for the custard. First thing is 2cups(475ml)whole milk. 2nd thing to do is 6 large eggs. The 3rd thing is 107 g (1/2 cup packed) light brown sugar, pressed through a sieve. The fourth thing to put in it is 38 g (1/3cup) cornstarch, sifted. The 5th thing is 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. The 6th thing is 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg. The seventh thing to put in it is a pinch of salt. The eighth thing to put in it is 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. 9th thing is 3 tablespoons (42 g) cold, unsalted butter, cut into bits. 10th thing is 3 ripe but firm bananas.The last thing is 1 9-inch single pie crust, fully baked and cooled.

Now for the topping the first thing you need is 1 cup (238 ml) cold heavy cream. The next thing is 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted. The 3rd thing is 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and the last thing for the topping is 2 tablespoons sour cream.That’s how you make banana cream pie which I really like. Have you ever wondered how banana cream pie was made? I always liked banana cream pie since 4th grade. On the way to get my tonsils out was the first time I ever had banana cream pie. It’s so good that I hope my parents would make it for me for Easter and my birthday party.

Conclusion: I like banana cream pie because it’s so delicious, but it could upset your stomach if you eat a lot of it.

Courtney B

Have you ever wondered about having a 16th birthday party? I had always wished that my parents would throw me a 16th birthday and everything and my wish came true? My birthday is April 25th and I will be 16 and I can’t wait till May 5th that’s when my birthday party is.

My Birthday party will be at a park and I get to see all my family and cousins. I get to invite 2 friends to my birthday party. I also will be getting an I pod for my birthday which I’m so excited about. I always wanted and I pod and I will be getting money from my aunts and uncles because they won’t know what to get me. One of my family members has the same birthday as me. We are going to have cake and ice cream and other good stuff and I can’t wait because my mom keeps telling me about. It sounds like it’s going to be fun. My mom also has my birthday party planed out and everything and she always tells me in the car that a lot of my family is coming and that my grandmother is coming and I was so excited when she told me all this. I also get to do anything I want to on my birthday party because it’s my day. For my next thing about my birthday party is that we have to be there early before everyone to set up for the birthday party. For my next thing about my birthday party is that I get to hang out with all my family which I can’t wait because it’s going to be so fun. I also can’t wait for my birthday party because I’m going to have my mom make banana cream pie for my birthday. Which is really good and plus cake and I’m going to be so excited because it’s going to be so much fun.

My birthday party is also going to be at the Wyalusing Park behind the dandy mini mart and its a little play ground for the little kids and there’s also a ballpark there to play baseball and my aunts and uncles and older cousins and sometimes the little kids try to play baseball. Which is funny because they really don’t know how to play baseball but they try?

Do you ever wonder what represents teachers here are some things that I think can represent teachers?

For my Representing’ Blog, I am connecting teachers to funny cars.

Mr. Hein is the hot dog car because he is always eating. Mr. Woolcock is the horse and buggy car because he likes horses. Ms. Transue is the cat car because Mrs. Koloski said she likes cats. Mrs. Rinker is the telephone car because she likes to talk on the telephone when she constantly gets me out of study hall. Mrs. Koloski is the big red high-heel car because it matches her personality. Mr. Bart is the Hello Kitty car because he looks big and tough but he is a kitty on the inside.

In conclusion, I think that teachers can represent to funny looking cars.

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 04:33 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 46

Voice Recorder >>

February free write

Have you ever seen the movie Matilda? Have you ever wanted to have special powers? I want to have special powers.

One of my favorite movies is Matilda. I like the movie because she can do things with her eyes and she is a really smart girl. Matilda was written by Roald Dahl. Matilda is played by Mara Wilson her mom is played by Rhea Perlman her dad is played by Danny DeVito.

Matilda uses her powers with her eyes a lot. Matilda also likes to read books finally her parents let her go to school. Matilda was very good in school she knew her times tables and when the teacher would shot out a big number she would know the problem without using a calculator. The principle is really mean to the kids and the kids don’t like her. Mrs. Honey, the teacher is very nice to the kids.

Matilda has telekinetic powers she can use her powers when her father yells at her or when her brother is mean to her. This is how she uses her powers she can make a bowl of cereal she can make the spoon feed herself. Likewise she can slam her door when her dad is yelling at her she uses her powers. Matilda and her teacher went to the principle; Miss. Trunchbull’s house when she left her car was acting up so she picked it up and turned it around. Then Miss. Trunchbull went back to her house, and Matilda and Mrs. Honey where in the house. Matilda used her powers to hide up under the table, Mrs. Honey went to the front door and Miss. Trunchbull got up and ran to the door. Then Matilda ran out from under the table and ran down to the basement with Mrs. Honey.

In conclusion Matilda is a funny movie everyone should see it! I wish I could have the mad telekinetic powers like Matilda does.

Courtney B

Try our video maker at Animoto.

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 06:22 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 41

October Free Write

Dedicated to my deceased cousin, Ashley

Courtney B

Have you ever lost a cousin at a young age? Do you know what it feels like to lose a cousin? Did you ever think what your cousin would be doing as a growing up?

The saddest thing I did over the summer was go to my Cousin Ashley funeral. It was so sad because she committed suicide.   

It was really sad we were best friends and she was my favorite cousin and she was always there for me we always made each other laugh and we always would hang out and texts each other and we always would go to her house to hang out and ride four wheelers with her.

The next saddest thing was since we were always closet together I’ve always wanted to go to her house which her parents are my uncles and aunt and their names are Pattie and Tony and she has to little sisters there name are Trisha and Kimberly and she has two other brothers and their names are Nathan and Ryan.

The other saddest thing was the last time I seen her was April 6th 2010 or 2011 that was the last time I saw my cousin Ashley we were really good friends and really close when I went to her house we hung out with each other it was really fun.

For my next thing I went to my grandmother.s. I went to the races in Dunn Hill and I saw her brother which he is also my cousin and the on the next day which it was a Saturday I went shopping with my grandmother at Hurley’s in Towanda and I saw my aunt and her little sister at the store.

Then the next day on Sunday I went back to my house and I went to church and then my little brother came down and told me and my cousin Tonya and my other two brothers that we had to go up to the house so we went up to the house and my mother told my cousin and I that my cousin Ashley came committed suicide and I was really shocked and I was really upset.

My cousin Ashley will be missed a lot!

Theme The Djinn

Don’t always believe what other people say to you.

The genie lies to the woman and tells her to go away and she can't speak to her kids again and she agreed and the kids never came back and he never gave her a signed that the children returned.

If someone said to you they would give you 1 million dollars if I did die my hair hot pink I wouldn’t believe it because I knew this person wouldn’t probably come up with 1 million dollars.

People say that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow would you believe it and walk all the way to the end of the rainbow to get the gold?

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 07:32 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 41

Summer Fun

September Free Write

Courtney B

For my free write, I am going to remember my summer because it was awesome.  I had a great summer and I want to tell you about it.  My favorite cousin, Tonya, came and stayed with me for the whole summer. The other thing my cousin Tonya and I both did was work with my mom and got paid 10.00 dollars every week.

The next thing I did over the summer was go to a graduation party for my cousin. At the party I got to see all of my cousins and hang out with all of them.  I played football with my cousins.

Another thing I did over the summer was go to a race in Towanda.  It's called Dunn Hill II Speed Race.  Next summer I would like to buy a sweater from the race because my two uncles race. 

The other thing I did over the summer was go to my aunt’s house.  I went swimming with all my cousins and it was really fun. The last thing I did was go to my grandma’s house and we went to Dickson City and I got to see my cousins Junior and Crystal.  It was so fun. 

I really enjoyed my summer!

Anything: Visual Representation of Me

Hi my name is Courtney and this is a representation of my binder my quote is from the Dailey Review and it says ‘Anything you’re good at contributes to happiness and it was bye Bertrand Russell . My second picture is a heart and it represents me because I love my family. My third picture is a picture of me and my cousin and it represents me because she is one of my favorite cousins.  My fourth picture is a bear and it represents me because of a bear when he was all alone. For my fun picture was a picture of me and my friend and it represents me because we were really close together until she moved I hope you liked my binder.