Copyright (c) 2014 by Logan A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Logan A -- Blogmeister

-

by Logan A teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 128

April Free Write

Even though there are a few plus sides to school, most of the sides are negative. You do get to see all of your friends and are given a good education, but I would rather hang out with my friends a couple of times a week than sitting in just one class for about 45 minutes while taking notes.

Since there are many students who probably couldn't see their friends on a weekday, it is nice for them to go to school and see them. Even though you're only supposed to talk to your friends during lunch, you can still talk to them during many other parts of the day such as before school, after school, on the bus, or in between classes.

Even though the education is pretty boring, it still is very helpful. Without a good education you probably won't go very far in life. Even if you don't want or need your education for the rest of your life, it is still nice to be able to know things when it comes to solving a math problem or reading something important. There are many other plus sides to a good education.

Even though there are some times in the day to hang out with your friends during school, I would much rather hang out with them outside of school. There are many places you can choose to hang out at. A few examples are the movies, you or your friends house, or in town. These are only a few examples. You can hang out with your friends wherever you want. You could even hang out by the school if you wanted to.

Even if you are limited to the places you can hang out at, you are still given more time to choose from. At school you only get about six hours out of the total school day. Even though you get only get six hours, you don't have nearly that much time to actually hang out with your friends. When it comes to weekends, you get all day and all night to be with your friends without school getting in the way.

Even though there are a few plus sides to school, most of it is pretty negative. You are given a good education, but it would be much easier to hang out with your friends outside of school. Even though there are some times during the school day you can hang out, you are given much more time on the weekends.

Sing it Out

The song "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings used to be a very popular song on the radio and is still popular today. they choose to use the name "Juliet" in their love song. Even though they use this name, they give absolutely no background of the girl in the song.

In this song, Juliet is given no background on what she is like. You can tell the guy in the song really wants her, as he says "Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I wont go until you come outside." This shows that he wants to see her so much that he is willing to stay in the rain until she comes out.

Even though this song does revolve around the story if Romeo and Juliet, it isn't very accurate. The writer probably doesn't have much background on the actual story of Romeo and Juliet, he probably just knows that the story of Romeo and Juliet is a love story, so he named the girl in his song Juliet to show his feelings for her.

Even though he did use the name Juliet in this is why I believe that this allusion isn't very accurate. I believe the songwriter just had the knowledge that Romeo and Juliet were part of a love story and thats why he used the name Juliet.

March Free Write

Even though winter is my favorite season in the year, I also like summer. You can do so many more things than in the fall or spring because you have a break from school for two months. Your free to do almost anything you want, like going on vacation or riding dirt bikes with your friends. Summer is also fun because theres a few sports I enjoy more than the sports our school offers. Not only can you race dirt bikes or go swimming whenever you want, but you can also do many other activites like going to a water park or taking a jog through the woods.

The nicest thing about summer is the vacation you get from school for two months. It may not seam like a long time off of school, but two months give you a decent amount of time to do some of the things you want to do. Most people choose the take a vacation during the summer. There are many vacations to choose from. Many people choose to go the beach, but you can also travel the world, visit family members or other amazing sites, or whatever else you can think of. Even though there are many families who choose the beach, there's usually a family member who doesn't like something about the beach. Even if you're that family member, there's a lot of other things to do while you're there. You can find a friend and hang out with him/her for the vacation. Usually families visit stores and resteraunt when they go on vacation, so you can always appreciate this if you cant find a friend to hang out with.

This is why I like summer more than the fall and the spring. Not only are there many more activities you can do but its also a great time to go on vacation while your out of school for two months.

Representin'

Have you ever thought that colors mean something? I know I do. There are many colors in the rainbow, some visible while others aren't. Here are a few of the colors and what they represent.

• Red - This is a color of war. It represent the blood lost for our country.

• Gold- Gold is the color of money. It represents our currency.

• Green - This is the color of life. If it wasn't for the green grass, plants and trees, we wouldn't be here.

• Black - Black is the color of death. There is no color to black just like there is no color to the deceased.

Red, gold, green and black are only a few colors that represent different things. There are many colors to the rainbow. If you think hard enough, you can find a meaning for each color.

Construction Theory - Marxism

The father from the story "Papi" celebrates marxism because even though he doesn't find it easy to make money, he doesn't let this get in the way of his family.

The family from the story "Papi" were originally from Haiti. The father barely raised enough money to send his wife to America, but still used the money to do so.

Even though the father couldn't afford to send his kids the America along with the mother, he still sent for them as soon as he raised enough money so his family could be together again.

Since the family of this story is in a dangerous town were ther are frequent crimes happening, the kids need to be watched by someone. One of the main reasons why the father chose to be a taxi driver is because he was his own boss. This allowed him to watch or come for the kids if he needed to.

Even though the father from the story "Papi" doesn't find it easy to make money, he doesn't let this get in the way of his family.

February Free Write

Even though winter is my favorite season, there's something fun to do in each one. If you don't like the snow, you might like the rain. If you don't like the rain or the snow, you might like the warm and dry weather in the summer. If you don't really care about how the weather is, you might like the way fall looks when the leaves fall.

I love being able to go outside with my snowboard and build jumps on my hill to mess around on all day. The only reason I like the summer at all is because we have school off. I love the cold and hate the heat. Even though you have off in the summer, you might get a snow day every once in a while in the winter. I love waking up in the winter to find out there's a two hour delay or that school is canceled. Even if neither of these happen, I still like getting up and looking outside to see a lot of snow.

Even though winter is my favorite season, I also like spring. I like being able to see the green grass again. I also like how it starts to warm up so you can go outside without a coat or mabye even a sweatshirt. It's also nice because the rain will cool you off it it gets to warm. One of my favorite things about spring is that it's track season. Track is my favorite school sport. You have to be commited though because it involves a lot of training and work. Once you get past all of this it is a great feeling, though.

Summer is my second favorite season. There's many things going on in the summer. My favorite thing that happens in the beiginning of the summer is how school ends. It's a amazing feeling walking out of the front doors to get on your bus knowing you wont be back for a few more months. Summer is also when my family goes on vacation. We usually go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina were we meet a lot of new people that we have a great time with at the beach.

Even though fall is when school starts all over again, I still like it. Not only does it look really cool outside but it's cool and dry enough to ride my dirt bike. It's also a fun season because towards the end of it you know deer season is getting really close. Fall is also the time of the year were alot of paintball parties go on. Usually these parties are hosted by my friends.

Whether you like the heat or the cold or the dry or the wet, the chances are there is a season just right for you. Even if you aren't interested in how the season weather is, you can always find fun activities or sports to do during the seasons.

January Free Speak

Voice Recorder >>

Winter is my favorite time of the year. Not only is it nice and cold, but there’s so much stuff to do, such as skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and snowball fights. My favorite of these activities is snowboarding. Snowboarding is much more fun when you go with your friends. Me and my friends go with the school to many mountains such as Montage Mountain, Camelback Mountain, Greek Peak Mountain, Jay Peak Mountain and Windham Mountain. My favorite mountain is Greek Peak Mountain so far, but March 2nd through March 4th will be my first trip to Jay Peak and I’m guessing it will be really good. My cousin and a few people who went on the trip last year all told me that all of the out-of-state mountains are really fun. We also get a suite to stay at in a nice hotel. I’ve never tried skiing, but some of my friends who do ski try to convince me to ski with them. Snowmobiling is another fun winter activity. It feels a lot like four wheeling except for a few differences. You can go very fast with a snowmobile, especially in ice. If you’re more on the dangerous side, you can try taking a snowmobile across a pond that isn’t frozen, but you have to make sure you get a lot of speed. If skiing, snowboarding or snowmobiling doesn’t interest you then you can always just build forts with your friends and have a snowball fight. You can make these as fun as you want. Some people choose to build huge forts and little features for the snowball fight, while other people just choose to throw a snowball at one of their friends. If none of these activities interest you, I’m sure you can find a way to have fun in the winter. One of my favorite things about winter is that you can pile yourself with a lot of blankets at night without being very hot. You can usually only use one blanket in the summer without getting hot. These are a few reasons why winter is my favorite time of the year.

Logan A

Miss Transue

English 9

9 January 2012

Many people think of Mr. Halloway from the story Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury as a grumpy person. Even though Mr. Halloway sometimes can be grumpy, he can also be very calm and mysterious.

Mr. Halloway can be a grumpy man, but this happens mostly because he feels he is too old. He explains this to his wife, Mrs. Halloway the night Will finds out about the carnival (chapter 8). Mr. Halloway was also grumpy when Will and Jim came running home late in the night, just like any other father would (chapter 11). Mr. Halloway was also grumpy when he was trying to harm the Dust Witch (chapter 44). Even  though Mr. Halloway was laughing a lot of the time, he was truly in an unhappy mood and didn’t  know why he was laughing. Even though Mr. Halloway was in an unhappy mood when he harmed the Dust Witch, he was happy when he killed her, as he tells Will that he replaced the bullet with his own “smile” (chapter 49). 

Even though Mr. Halloway is sometimes grumpy, he can also be calm. For example; when he talks to Will about how he shouldn't have stayed out so late (chapter 7). This not only shows that he cares, but it also shows he was calm for talking to Will in a calm manner. Mr. Halloway was also calm when he was going through the mirror maze with Will to find Jim (chapter 49). Will was worried most of the time (such as with wanting to light the match for light) while Mr. Halloway was completely calm, as he asked Will to put out the match he lit. Another example of how calm Mr. Halloway can be is when Will and Jim explained the carnival people to Mr. Halloway (chapter 23). While Will and Jim seemed to be worried, Mr. Halloway was completely calm.  Even though he seemed completely calm when Jim and Will were explaining the carnival people to him, he did seem a little worried when the boys were hiding during the parade and Jim and Will told him about it. Mr. Halloway was completely calm when the Illustrated Man questioned him, though

Mr. Halloway can also be a mysterious man. A good example of this is when he was about to kill the dust witch (chapter 49). While Will seemed to be a little worried that something would go wrong, Mr. Halloway sounded as if he was excited about what was happening. Another example is when he kept the boys from being found from the Illustrated Man (chapter 41). While Will and Jim were worried they might be found, Mr. Halloway was pretending he didn't even know the boys. My final example of how mysterious Mr. Halloway can be is when he starts explaining information about the carnival people to Will and Jim (Chapter 37). Even Will, Mr. Halloway’s own son mentions how he didn't know he could be the way he was. Mr. Halloway can be predictable though, such as when he started to change in the mirror maze while trying to find Jim like Will expected (chapter 49). Mr. Halloway did recover from this, though.  

Even though Mr. Halloway can be grumpy, he can also be very calm and mysterious. At one point he can be upset with his son for coming home late, yet he later on laughs uncontrollably at the Dust Witch, then later kills her by switching the bullet with his own.

In your opinion is Jim good or evil?

December Freewrite

Do you like spending time with your friends while doing a fun activity? Even though the school has some pretty boring activities for students to do, they do have a few fun ones. One of the most fun activities in my opinion and allot of other people I know is the Elk Lake Ski/Snowboarding Club. The Elk Lake School provides you with a charter bus for sixteen dollars, unless you participate in the fundraiser. If you sell twenty-five items (chocolate/cheese/meat), you get the bus ride for free. For every item you sell over twenty-five, you get three dollars in credits towards a mountain. Not many people go over twenty-five though, because the club already gives you an amazing discount on the mountains.

Once you get on the charter bus with all your friends, you have a great time the whole way down to the mountain. You get to watch movies, hang out with your friends and much more, while being in a comfy seat instead of an uncomfortable school bus seat. Once you get to the mountain, the club usually sits around for awhile in the lodge and talks about what they’re going to do until they get there lift ticket that lets you snowboard as much as you want for the rest of the night. The rest of the day is amazing; the lift, the long trails you can just mess around and have fun with your friends on, the terrain parks you can do tricks in, and the lodge where you can buy as much food as you want and just hang out with your friends. Since you arrive at the mountain at 4:00pm and leave at 9:30pm, you have over 5 hours to snowboard or ski. That is unless you go with the club to an out-of-state mountain, such as Camelback, Jay Peak, or Windham. The Elk Lake Ski/Snowboard club is an amazing opportunity for all students to enjoy and have a great time while being with there friends!