Copyright (c) 2014 by SA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SA -- Blogmeister

Simen's Awesome Blog!!!!!!!!

5D

by SA

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5D Cultural Foods (01/25/12)
Description: Why do some countries have foods they are famous for?

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 367

Question: Why do certain places have foods they are famous for?

Answer: Well, it depends on what the places are famous for, like trees, sea, animals etc. If you are famous for trees, tropical places, then probably the food that they are famous for has fruit. This also includes climate, how the weather is. If the weather is cold then you will have rarely anything from sea food or from fruit because it is cold and it will be hard for them to grow.

It could also be because of how rare the things grow there. Like if you are not next to the sea, your food will not be part of sea food, if you are next to the sea your food will almost be all sea food.

That’s why I think all countries have some kind of special food.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 87

Question: Why do certain countries have foods they are famous for?

Answer: I’ve always been interested in different cultures and foods, so many countries have different ingredients for them, for example……..

The pine nuts, the thyme and olives are ingredients to Lebanese dishes. For example, pine nuts are used in the traditional Lebanese dessert baklava. Thyme is used in a universally loved dish loved all over the world, manoushe. One bite of manoushe makes you forget all of your problems and makes you feel like you don’t have a care in the world. Finally, olives are mostly eaten with a cheese and bread. The climate, location and landforms are all important for the ingredients that lie within a dish. Climate is extremely important, because if the weather was cold, delicious fruits and vegetables could not grow properly. Thankfully, Lebanon’s weather is somewhere in the middle, so we don’t have any problems with the climate. The location is also pretty important, for example, if you are near the seaside, you get a lot of water for your crops, which are the ingredients in your dishes, but if you live in a desert, you would have problems in trying to water your crops. Also, the animals are very important to dishes, because they are the protein.  

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 93

I think that every country is famous for a certain food because it shows how there tradition is.

Money, land, nature, weather and animals are all important factors of food. For example, Japan. Japan is famous for sushi because the country is closer to the sea then to nature, Japanese peoples traditions are to eat sushi because they are the ones who created sushi.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 91

There are many reasons why certain places are famous for a certain food.

Weather, land, and natural resources can all be the reason why places are famous for their foods. For example Japan is famous for sushi because they are right next to the pacific ocean, while Africa are known for Dry Mangos because the climate is really hot in Africa.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 98

Certain countries have famous food because some people who are Muslim don’t eat pork because of their religion. Also in the Philippines and in Thailand they eat a lot of seafood because they are next to the sea. Another reason is because of the weather. Like in Norway it is really cold so they don’t grow many different fruits there. In other places like here in Lebanon or in America cows aren’t walking around so you don’t get fresh milk in Beirut. But there is on farms.  So you order it from somewhere else.

Another true thing is that in some countries the weather doesn’t change so they can’t plant certain kinds of food, and they don’t have ingredients/recourses.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 82

I think the reason that certain places have special foods because their resources their historic reasons and religion. For example Lebanon makes food with no pork because most are Muslim. I have another example like Scotland is really close to the sea so they get a lot of fish. I have one more example they Norway don’t grow much crops because it is really cold. Those are my reasons!

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 106

Why do certain places have foods they are famous for?

Certain places have foods they are famous for, because they have many different resources. Some countries have a lot of trees, some have a lot of animals, and some countries are warm. If you live in a country that is always cold, you will not have a lot of fruits because trees can’t grow when there is snow. For example Norway, in Norway it’s very cold so they do not have a lot of trees to grow fruits. Also Japan’s certain food is sushi, because in Japan the sea is close by.

That is why certain places have foods they are famous for.

Why do certain cultures have famous food?

All cultures have special food, but why are some cultures more famous for their food than others? Sushi is probably the most popular food in the world. It is mainly consisted of seafood. Now everybody knows that Japan, sushi’s home is an island, meaning that the Japanese have a lot of fish, clams and other sea creatures at their disposal. Britain is also an island, meaning we receive plenty of seafood. Not a day goes by next to the seaside when I don’t walk past a Fish’n’Chips shop. However, Lesotho is a landlocked country, meaning they don’t have as much seafood as other cultures may have. Lesotho, like many other African cultures raise cattle, sheep and many other red meat animals. This shows how worldwide culture can be, and that exotic food stretches over all four corners of the Earth.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 92

Countries have deferent kinds of food because of their climax resources and sometimes their religion. For example Africa is famous for bananas because it is considered a delicacy, it is used in many African dishes and is grown there because of the tropical resources and the hot climate.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 149

One reason why Arabic countries don’t eat pork is because many of those people are Muslims and in Islam pork is banned. People in central Africa  don’t eat shrimps like the Philippines is because Philippines is really close to sea unlike central Africa so the people of that area eat mangos and coconuts because they have trees and it is very hot over there.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 83

Why do certain places have food they are famous for?

Argentina has lots of beef because there is good temperature for the cows. Another reason why Argentina has good beef is because that there is much grass to eat for the cows on the pampas.

Norway doesn’t have beef because in Norway it’s too cold for the animals. Another reason why Norway is not famous for beef is that the cows need to stay inside when its winter, so then the cows can’t run around. The last reason why Norway is not famous for beef is that the cows need to eat dried grass which makes the beef taste less.

I am in 5. grade. I come from Norway. I like football. My favourite subject is art.