Copyright (c) 2014 by TC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TC -- Blogmeister

{Soccer Freak}

5C 11-12

One to One computing room

by TC

teacher: Matt McCartney

For the I am showcase I chose to do it on soccer. I chose soccer because it is my favorite sport, and I love to learn all the different moves or techniques that you can do. Scoring your first goal is really fun because when you score, you can hear the crowd chearing you on. Plus it's really fun to showoff afterwords. Soccer tournaments is a competition between many cities or towns that are in the same state. In a soccer tournament there is more than one game. Plus usually you can win metals, or sometimes even trophes!

I found a wedding picture of my great grandparents. This picture was taken on November 24, 1937 in Rogers, Minnesota. It was a winter wedding, and the bride wore a blue velvet wedding dress. The picture was made in black and white so you could not tell that the dress was blue. The style back then was big bouquets for the bride and the maid of honor. This picture was taken during the Great Depression, and because of that the weddings were smaller.

There are many fun, and interesting things to learn about soccer equipment. When you’re playing soccer you can wear some different things. During soccer you can wear shin guards to protect your shins. Plus, what are some different types of soccer balls? What to wear when you are playing soccer. When you are playing soccer I would recommend that you wear shorts, and a t-shirt. I think you should wear shorts and a t-shirt because they will keep you from getting too warm when you are running on the grass. You should also wear cleats (A certain type of soccer shoes) because it makes it easier for you to different things to the ball. What are shin guards? Shin guards are protectors that protect your shins. For youth ages there are three different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large. You can get shin guards at about any soccer store. There are many different types of soccer balls. Here are a few of them: Adidas, Diadora, and Nike. The sizes are 1-5 (5 being the biggest) for all ages. To get air into the ball you can use an air pump which you can get at a soccer store. Soccer equipment can be fun and interesting to learn. There is even more things that you can learn about soccer equipment. Soccer equipment is easy to get more information about. Just go out and look for it.

I think the thing that impacted me the most was when everybody wrote down what they think the worst thing is that is happening at our school. It impacted me the most because it made me realize that things are happening at my school that should NOT be happening at all. It shows me that we can improve, and that we need to make a change. What do you think we can do to make things better?

For Thanksgiving Dinner I had: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, Jell-O, stuffing, and a very delicious salad. Before my family started eating, we were so hungry because it smelled so good. We could almost taste the smooth potatoes with the yummy gravy on top, the juicy ham and turkey, the tasty Jell-O, the stuffing so warm, and the cold delicious salad. That is why it was such a relief when we could finally just dig in.

Article posted December 29, 2011 at 06:10 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 71

During Christmas I had a blast! For Christmas my grandma that lives in Florida came to be with us for Christmas. She came because it was her first time that she was alone because my grandpa past away last summer. Anyway, the first thing that we did once she got here was we made cut-out Christmas cookies. It was so fun because we made a huge mess on the table, and on the floor.

That Christmas Eve we watched the movie "The Christmas Story". After we were done we put out milk and cookies, and then we went to bed. In the morning we opened all of our presents, and got ready to go to my aunt's house to see the rest of my family.

When we got to my aunt's house we had steak, and lasagna. Then we opened the presents, and I got everything that I wanted. I got an american girl doll bed that was soo cool. I think my cousin liked it to because he kept on crawling in it. Plus when I kept pulling him out of it, he just kept crawling back in it. This Christmas was totally awesome.

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

Put first things first is a habit that I have been working on. I put first things first by doing my homework right away when I get home. My family has taught me to always put first things first whether it is at school, or outside of school. Like at home when I do my chores first, and then I get to play. I’ve learned how to put first things first by writing reminders in my planner, and by practicing with my family so that it can become a normal thing for me to do. A benefit for putting first things first is that I don’t get a lot of lates because I finish the things that I have to do right when I get home. That is how I put first things first.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:50 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

In the season after fall, the snow is glistening, and the snowmen are getting together to keep cool. The trees are covered in bright white snow, and the kids are playing games while building snow forts.

The snow is falling like the little snowflakes in a big round snow globe. The wind is cold all winter long, but the sun still remains in the sky. The kids open up their mouths, and let the tiny sparkling snowflakes fall on their tongues. Soon it will be the most wonderful time of the year. Soon it will be Christmas, and everybody is getting together to celebrate these wonderful days. The kids are getting anxious to open there presents, until finally . . . . . . . it’s Christmas.

I’m thankful for my family. I’m thankful for my family because they help me with all that I need, and they care about me. They love me very much, and they would never let me down. I’m glad they’re with me. I could never let them go.

I’m thankful for my house. I’m thankful for my house because if I didn’t have my house I would probably be living in the streets. My house keeps me warm when it’s winter, and keeps me cool when it’s summer. My house lets me do things that I can’t do outside. I can sleep peacefully during a storm in my house.

I’m thankful for food. I’m thankful for food because if we didn’t have food we could die. If we didn’t have food we probably would not be here. Unless of course we ate bugs or something. But I would not like to eat bugs. I’m very greatful.

And last but not least I’m thankful for my friends. I’m thankful for all of my friends because they are always there for me, and they are always kind to me. They help me feel better when I’m down, and they try to help me get back up. Plus they inspire me to try and do new and fun things.

Wednesday: I woke up at about 6:15-6:30 to go to Washington D.C. for MEA break. The plane ride from Minnesota to D.C. was about 2 hours long but instead of landing in D.C. my family and I were going to arrive in Baltimore, Maryland. Once we got to Baltimore we had to wait for about an hour for our shuttle to come pick us up, and bring us to our hotel. My family’s hotel that we stayed at (which is located in Maryland) was right across the street from the hotel that the DK’s family was staying at! The K’s and my family would meet up every day outside our hotels and we would ride the subway to D.C for the day to see some different monuments. After my family and I got settled in our hotel, we went looking for some place to eat around our hotel. Once we got outside and started walking it felt like we were walking forever because we couldn’t agree on a restaurant to eat at, until we finally came to this Italian restaurant that wasn’t very good. Since the Italian restaurant that we ate at wasn’t very good, my family and I went to this awesome frozen yogurt shop that was right next to the restaurant. I had chocolate frozen yogurt with M&M’s and Oreo crumbs on it. Then my family and I went back to the hotel to swim, have popcorn, and get a good nights sleep.

Free Widgets