Copyright (c) 2014 by KD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KD -- Blogmeister

The Armored Reptile's Blog-

One to One computing room

by KD teacher: Matt McCartney

Weathering Park KD

My weathering park shows the three forces of weathering. They are; temperature, water, and wind. See if you can find examples. In the picture it shows that the cliff is tall and is standing normal. But the rock is slowly eroding away. The trees on the cliff are growing and so are the file:///C:Usersdkeller1AppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image003.jpg" o:title="MP900427592[2]">roots.

In the second window it shows that the cliff is getting weathered. The cliff is breaking down and the rocks are falling down. It could be caused by; an earthquake shifting the cliff and making it fall down, it could also be the roots of the tree digging into the rock and weighing it down, it could also be the wind and rain strong enough to blow down the trees eventually weighing down the rock.

On the third window it shows the cliff is smaller and the ground is higher. The cliff is smaller because of all of the rocks that fell off of it. The grass is higher because of all of the fallen rock broken up into soil and sediment.

My weathering park window shows how different broke down the cliff. It did this with rain, plants, gravity, and earthquakes. Weathering is a powerful agent that changes the Earth’s surface.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 01:12 PM • comment (2) • Reads 33 • see all articles