Copyright (c) 2014 by KD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KD -- Blogmeister

The Armored Reptile's Blog-

One to One computing room

by KD teacher: Matt McCartney

In April I went to a Minnesota Timberwolves basketball game vs. The Oklahoma City Thunder. I invited my two friends Carson DeKam and Mason Rhoades. Our seats were nice and we were sitting 2 rows behind my favorite player Kevin Durant’s Family. At halftime Mason’s Parents who were also at the game let us sit in their courtside seats. It was so fun; the referee let us hold the game ball for a full timeout and in the 4th quarter Kevin Durant Dunked right by us and he saw me cheering and so he gave me a high five!!! After that I was interviewed by 2 reporters and I was on my favorite show SportsCenter and NBA.com. That is why I loved the game. 

mso-bidi-font-family:David">

Ration books

What was Rationing? Rationing was a system that provided everyone with the same amount of scarce goods because so much was sent out to the war. This was created to keep prices low and to make sure people still had what they needed. Some things were scarce because they were needed to supply the army like gas, oil, metal, meat and other foods, for example. Some things were scarce because they normally were imported from other countries. Sugar and coffee were very low. They didn't make Coca-Cola during the war BOO! Because the sugar was so low. Other things disappeared entirely as well, like silk stockings. New things were made of wood instead of metal or rubber. But rationing made sure no one went hungry. Everyone was given a ration book. Each book had a bunch of ration stamps in it. It was your decision you to decide how to spend your stamps .Ration books became a way of life for everyone at home during World War II. Ration books were about the size of a postcard. Each one was filled with ration stamps. Ration stamps themselves were very small.

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

copy and paste the links

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 92

I think the kindness retreat has impacted my life by showing how I can have a better life and how I can help others' live better. I think that ICI showed me what to do in a bad situation. I think all of the strategies can help our school be better.

I saw this first at gifted and talented first and I could not believe Theo Janson form Holland

Article posted December 22, 2011 at 05:34 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 95

On Thursday it was Thanksgiving! My family cruised to a friends’ of ours house, and I gobbled up a lot! I had 3 root beers, and a lot of pie and turkey. On Friday I drove to the Minnesota Wild game, and they had an 18 game win streak against Edmonton (who they were playing against) but the Wild lost 4-2. After that I went to Waseca to see Parker, an old friend that moved away last summer. Parker’s dad is the AD (Athletic Director) and the Head basketball coach of Waseca High School. We watched the first “Blue vs. Gold” and it was awesome! On Saturday I got to go to the Minnesota Gopher football game, and I went with my friends Matt and Zander. Before the game Mt friends and I went to Goldy’s Locker Room, and while we were there we saw our old neighbors the Polens! The game was great, and the Gophers Won 27-7. They finished the season with 3 win and 9 losses. My dad has also been to all 3 wins!

KD

Article posted December 22, 2011 at 05:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 105

Thankful by KD

I am thankful for my family and everything they have done for me. My awesome dad has helped me with any work I have ever had, gets a lot of sports stuff and lets me go to sports games. My mom helps me through my highs, lows, cleans, and gives me food!! .My brother is always… well most of the time there for me, and my sister. My mom always told me that if you are not going to say anything nice do not say anything at all about my sister. So that is why I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful for my turtle Scooter. He is very small, and very squirmy. I got him at the 2011 Steele County Free Fair. I did not win him there, but I still have Scoots. He has a nice tank and a nice owner (me). That is why I am thankful for my beast turtle Scooter.

I am thankful that I have a free public school to go to. I like school because you can meet new friends and learn new things for the future. I am doing well in school like right now I am typing pretty fast because I learned to type fast. This year I have made a lot of new friends like A.N. and Luke from Durham, NC the blog. That is why I am thankful for my school.

I am thankful that I live in a safe place. I love living in a safe place because you do not have to worry about any danger so you can focus on other things. In the Middle East people seem to always worry about war or anything along those line and we do not have to thanks to the military. That is why I am thankful for being in a safe environment.

Article posted December 22, 2011 at 05:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 90

I have been working to improve on habit 3; Put First Things First. Habit 3 has motivated me to get my work done; like right now I have no late assignments in the 2nd trimester. It also helps me for when I get home I have to sweep the floor and write a paragraph for my family Christmas card. Most of all it has helped me set goals, now I get almost my entire math homework done at school so I will not have anything to do at home. That is how habit 3 has changed my life!

In my Winter Wonderland There is a 500 person snowman army that is aiming to take over the world to make every day be winter. So my colleagues and I have to go into an igloo for the rest of the day. But then I remember “We have school tomorrow!!!” But just as it was stated a COLOSSAL avalanche comes through and is heading straight for the school and demolishes most of the snowmen on the way! Everybody in the igloo praised; since it would be the 3 week in a row without school! The only setback was that we were out of hot coco.

To be continued… or is it?

I went to Washington D.C. over M.E.A. break with my family and TC’s family. My favorite part was the National Air and Space Museum. They had the Apollo 11 Columbia capsule. The Apollo 11 “bug” that landed on the moon first. The first time I saw it I thought it was a 5th grade project. I saw a lot of space ships from all over the world, (old and new). I saw the Wright Flyer from 1903, and other gliders the Wright brothers made. I also saw a Tomahawk cruise missile from the 1970s and some of the first passenger planes. I also liked the Spirit of St. Louis and what was heard on the plane. Even a Japanese Zero which is a suicide WWII plane, a real Red Barron and 23 different honor medals from various countries. But my favorite part was a flight simulator where you go through time and ride a lot of different planes.

I am a leader in…

1. School (everything!)

2. Sports (basketball and soccer)

3. Music (trumpet and choir)

4. TURTLES (Scooter)

5. Helping

by: KD