-

by teacher: Jim Ellis

How does excess Co2 effect the earth? We release Co2 and it absorbs a lot of heat. When it heats up the earth it melts things like polar ice caps. When polar ice caps melt it raises the oceans and floods places. Only the lowlands will get flooded and the highlands will stay dry but that’s only if the oceans don’t flood lots. When the places get flooded it kills trees by knocking them down. We need trees for oxygen and plants need Co2. That’s what I learned about Co2 and what its causes are.

This summer I am going to go to track camp to practice my track. It runs for 5 days in Saskatoon and the school suggested it for me. I might go to Canada Day with dad and little sisters. I’ll take my little sisters swimming and I might play some volleyball with my cousins. We’ll have a barbecue with hotdogs and hamburgers with cheese. Then we will watch the fireworks and go home. I also might go to visit my cousins in the reserve too. My sister and I are going to the fair on the last day to go watch the derby and go on the rides. My favorite ride is the Orbiter it goes up fast with little spaceships. The scariest ride I went one last year was the Zipper with my cousin. I am to have a great summer and I hope you have a great summer too.

Kids from all over the world came to Youth for Everest to clean up all the garbage that the campers left. Campers have been using wood to heat their water to take baths because they are dirty. Forests have been used to heat that water. They have been leaving garbage in the crevies because they don’t want to take it all the way up. They didn’t notice this till Youth for Everest came and started saying something. They can’t have highest mountain peak in the in the world filled with garbage.

I am a poor environmentalist. I take long showers when I’m only suppose to take short ones. I litter sometimes but not all the time because I can’t wait real long to take it to the garbage or don’t want to take it either. My mom gets newspaper and doesn’t do anything with it either and I don’t want to do that either. I recycle sometimes when my mom takes me to the sarcan for my bottles that I collected. I walk for long distances but only sometimes because I either have a sore muscle or don’t want to. I want to improve myself by helping the planet. Like taking short showers not too short but short either. Whenever I find a bottle or a piece of garbage I can pick it up and throw it away or take the bottles to the sarcan. I can recycle a lot of things like glass, paper, plastic bags and cans. I am going to try be more green and help the environment.

I am a poor environmentalist. I take too long of showers when I’m only suppose too take short ones. I litter sometimes but not all the time because I can’t wait real long to take it to the garbage or don’t want to take it either. My mom gets newspaper and doesn’t do anything with it either and I don’t want to do that either. I recycle sometimes when my mom takes me to the sarcan for my bottles that I collected. I walk for long distances but only sometimes because I either have a sore muscle or don’t want to. I want to improve myself by helping the planet. Like taking short showers not too short but short either. Whenever I find a bottle or a piece of garbage I can pick it up and throw it away or take the bottles to the sarcan. I can recycle a lot of things like glass, paper, plastic bags and cans. I am going to try be green and help the environment.

What do we do with the garbage of the planet? We put the garbage in the landfills but the landfills are getting to full. The garbage men put this dirt thing over it. They have this thick plastic in the dirt under so none of the garbage gets into the water below it. In North Battleford here ours is right by our battle river and some garbage can fall into the river so we won’t pollute. We should put it all in a canon and shot it out to the sun. When we recycle they sort out all the plastics from the glass and paper. Paper comes from trees, they make glass and make plastic. Garbage is bad for the planet and we can’t burn it or we’ll pollute the ozone layer. We can’t bury it all the time or we will have bad water. That’s why I suggest we shot it out to the sun.

What I like to do on rainy days? I like to go and finish reading my books. Right now I am reading Shiver. I also like to invite a friend over. When my friend comes over we usually watch a movie with my mom or make a cake for fun. On a rainy day once I dyed my hair red and I am going to dye it again. Sometimes my sister comes over with our nephew. When she came over with nephew we went outside and played in the puddles. On school days I like to stay inside and play on the computer. One time we went into the gym to do high jump and I am good high jumper. I like to do a lot of stuff on rainy days.

Kevin Conway in his story Gaia: A Medical Report suggests two reasons to why the planets in trouble. The first reason is the cause of the Industrial Revolution when humans started burning fossil fuels and polluting the air. Secondly, the world is overpopulated with humans. We cause toxic waste, garbage and sewage. There are too many people on the earth. That’s why Kevin Conway suggested two reasons to why the earth is in trouble.

I like to eat red peppers and I like to eat them more in stir fry. Stir fry is like a salad with meat, peppers, and rice. The reason that I like it so much is because my mom makes it all the time for me and my sister. The red peppers are not hot either and they are just juicy and sweet. I like potato patties and cutlets. Potato patties are made from potatoes and cutlets are from chicken. I like to eat them with ketchup. I also like chicken fingers and honey garlic wings. I love chocolate so much especially chocolate icing with cake. Chocolate is not a food it’s more like a treat. I don’t like all the seafood but only shrimp. Fries are my favorite because I like potatoes except mashed. When I’m at home I usually make rice because it is very good for you and taste good. I like cookies and my most favorite is m and m. I don’t really eat at fast food restaurants only sometimes. I really like a lot of foods that I can’t right it all or name most of them.

No it will not make a difference in my life because I don’t use it all the time. I usually use the dollar or toonie. Like it’s good to have for the correct change or to collect to see how much you can get. I don’t really collect them or anything like that I just like to use them for the correct change. I think we will Do just fine without the pennie.