-

by teacher: Jim Ellis
Caring About The Earth 06/01/12
05/18/12
Youth to Everest 05/17/12
Average Environmentalist 05/16/12
The Garbage on Earth 05/11/12
Global Warming 05/09/12
What I Like To Do On A Rainy Day 05/04/12
Kevin Conway 05/03/12
My Favorite Food 04/27/12
The Penny 04/20/12
Grandma's Personality 03/30/12
Gone With The Wind 03/28/12
Blu Panda 03/23/12
Three Things Im Grateful For 03/16/12
Life in Space 03/16/12
03/16/12
My Awesome Vacation 02/17/12
my Groundhog's day prediction 02/03/12
My Most Fun Thing to Do 01/31/12
01/20/12
01/13/12
12/16/11
12/02/11
12/02/11
11/25/11
11/25/11
A New Candy 11/04/11
10/28/11
Friday Writing/ Antarctica 10/21/11
10/17/11
10/07/11
09/23/11
09/21/11
no smoking 09/09/11
Eating Healthy 09/09/11
09/01/11

There are lots of reasons why we should care about the environment. If we don’t care about the environment the earth could stop working properly and there is a possibility that we could all die if we keep treating the earth the way we do. There are lots of ways to save our planet and make it a better place is instead of throwing trash on the ground you can put it in the garbage can or riding a bike or walking instead of driving a vehicle. Use less electricity for the things you need. Another thing that we can do that will really help is to reduce, reuse, and recycle.

I don’t know what I am going to do for the summer. I think that I might not do anything this summer. I might just stay at home and eat 5 pound gummy bears while wearing a Panda suit and riding a mini bike while giving a midget a piggy back ride

This story is about a group of people from all over the world that call them selves Youth to Everest go on a trip to get rid of the garbage in the Himalayan foot hills. The tourists like to explore the mountains and all the sights around there but lots of the people are too lazy to bring back the garbage that they brought with them so they throw their garbage on the mountains and in the crevices. But garbage isn’t the only problem. There is a constant demand from tourists for hot baths. The reason why is because the only way to heat the water is from wood from the trees. There are a lot of people who want to have a hot bath because they have been camping and climbing the mountains for weeks and when you’re all dirty from the camping and mountain climbing it’s very hard to not have a bath. But the team really tries to clean up the garbage. That is the story about Youth to Everest and what they do to help around the Himalayans.

I am about an average environmentalist for a few reasons. I know a few things about the earth. I also recycle a bit. But I also have a few faults. I litter sometimes, I also use too much electricity and water. What I can do to be a better environmentalist is put garbage in its place, filling up the sink instead of letting the water run, or turning off the lights when I leave a room. I can also make a recycling bin and put recyclable items in the bin. Those are a few reasons why I am a average environmentalist.

What we do to the garbage that we have is put it in landfills, burn it, and recycle it. The effects of burring it is the garbage starts to pile up and all of the diseases from the insects and rodents and the horrible smelling fumes become a serious health hazard to the people living near there. Burning the garbage makes a bad cloud of smoke and as it rises up to the sky it ruins a thin layer in the sky called the ozone layer. The ozone layer is one of the most important things on the planet. It protects us from many things including the sun’s harmful rays. The ozone layer lets the sun shine on the earth, but it doesn’t let the sun shine a whole lot so that we get a good amount of sun. When we burn our garbage the cloud of smoke wears away at the ozone layer. If this continues over time the ozone layer may become weaker. If the ozone layer gets weaker the sun will shine on the earth more which will burn the planet and the people living on it and that would be fatal. Recycling helps get rid of the garbage and it allows us to reuse things into things that we will need .So that is a good thing. I think it would be a very good thing if we could launch the garbage into space and have the sun burn it. But that would be very difficult to do because it would be very expensive too travel into space and time consuming. So what should we do to get rid our garbage?

What some people believe that the earth is going through global warming. What people believe global warming is when the world is getting warmer like a green house. This is also known as the greenhouse effect. What happens is people are polluting the earth with garbage, over population, and cutting down trees. Humans breathe out carbon dioxide. Plants need carbon dioxide to live. Plants release oxygen and humans need oxygen to live. But when we cut down trees it upsets its balance then the earth fills up with carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide molecules absorb heat which causes global warming. Some people say it’s a myth and others disagree. The debate continues.

What I like to do on a rainy day are reading books. I also like to play board games. I really like to go to go fishing when it’s rainy. I also like to relax and watch television and movies. It’s also very nice to relax by the fire. Then after all of that I like to go to sleep while listening to some smooth jazz. That’s what I like to do on a rainy day.

Kevin Conway in his story Gaia the Medical Report suggests two reasons the planet is in trouble. The first reason is the industrial revolution. The industrial revolution started burning fossil fuels for machines, factories, and vehicles. This ruins the ozone layer. Secondly, there are too many people on the earth. This causes garbage, sewage, and toxic waste problems. That is two reasons why the planet is being ruined suggested Conway.

My favorite food is perogies. Perogies are dough packets filled with anything you want.My favorite kind of perogies is stuffed with potatoes and cheese and covered with bacon and sour cream.It doesn’t matter where I eat them .They taste the same. They come from the Ukraine. That’s my favorite kind of food.

I think that losing the penny will not be such a big deal. I think no one will be sad because the penny is gone. Not having the penny might change some things but it won’t change a whole lot.

Grandma has a kind and mean personality. She steals stuff like pumpkins and pecans witch is mean then she turns around and makes pies for the town. Or when a tornado strikes the town Grandma goes around the town and helps her own enemies out of the wreckage. She also doesn’t like nosy people but she is nosy too. For instance she doesn’t like when people stick their nose in her business but she tries to make an artist marry who she wants him to marry. Grandma is a country gal but she is very smart. She has never been outsmarted and her plans always work.

Article posted March 28, 2012 at 03:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

A tornado struck the town and Mary Alice dashed home to Grandma. After the tornado, Mary Alice and grandma search for people who need help. They help Old Man Nyquist out of the wreckage of his house. They kept searching. Grandma and Mary Alice find out that Effie Wilcox’s privy is gone and she wasn’t in her house either. So they thought that Effie was blown away in her privy. She wasn’t. When summer came Mary Alice wanted to stay with Grandma but grandma said she wanted Mary Alice to go back to Chicago. Grandma told Mary Alice that her door is always open.

Article posted March 23, 2012 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 40

Blue is one of my favorite colors.

Laser guns YEAH!

Urban ninja.

Pandas and penguins.

Apples make me sick.

Never boring.

Derp is my favorite word.

Awesome at almost everything.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 35

1. being alive

2. Gravity

3. Bagels

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

Life in Space

What I would do in if I lived in space is play moon soccer or jump up and see how many front flips I could do until I touch the ground. I would live in a mansion that has a gravity chamber. I would eat everything that I would eat on earth. For transportation I would drive a portable space ship that can fit into your pocket, then when you want to get in you put I on the ground step back then if it recognizes your face it will ask you if you want to get in then you say yes then it will grow to the size of a regular space ship then you get in. It also doesn’t have a steering wheel. You have to control it by mind. Then when you want to get out you park the ship you say eject the spaceship will ask you if you want to eject then you say yes or no the if you say yes it will float you out then it will shrink back to normal size. That would be life in space for me.

My favorite DR. Seuss book is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The reason why I like that book is because it’s funny and it has a good story. That’s my favorite DR. Seuss book.

If I could go anywhere it would be ZombieLand. How I would get there is in my UFO that used to be a aliens,but I jacked it.So it's mine now. Anyways I would bring my friend HappyMeal with me. The weapons I would bring is a doulble barrol sawed off shotgun, few variaties of machine guns, a few ray guns that I also jacked from the alien,a minigun, and a flame thrower. When we get there we would use our jet packs with unlimited fuel and blast up all of the zombies there and after we kill them all we would go on all the rides. that would be the best vacation ever!

I think that this year will have an early spring. The reason why is because it is warming up and the grass is growing. I also think that from now until the end of next week it will still be cold. I think that because it is a steady temperature and it still dropping. I think it will be dry outside because the snow is melting quickly and there isn’t much water around. That is my groundhog’s day prediction.

When I was five to ten years old I liked to play soccer in the back yard with my dad. It was fun whenever I got to play a game because I always know I would win.

On a cold weekend

What I like to do on a cold weekend is keep warm and play video games. That’s what I like to do on a cold weekend.

I think technology in 20 years will be computers that are so advanced that if you are playing one of those games that sometime require real money to buy coins on the game instead of having to pay with a credit card there is a slot on the computer that you can insert your cash into a slot. Then the money goes through a tube and transfers to the company.

All I want for Christmas is 5 dsi ware cards. The reason why is because you can download points onto the dsi shop and then you can use the points to buy games and then you can go anywhere and play the games you downloaded. Plus with 5 cards you can buy a lot of games. That is all I want for Christmas.

Oak Island Treasure

I think that there is treasure on Oak Island. Some reasons why is because there was inscription on the flagstones that were in the hole and why would someone dig such a big hole if they weren’t going to burry treasure in it. There were also coconut husks in the hole how could they get in the hole if they didn’t put it in the hole. Plus it is possible that the pirates could have sailed over to Nova Scotia. Those are some reasons why I think that there is treasure on Oak Island.

Oak Island Treasure

I think that there is treasure on Oak Island. Some reasons why is because there was inscription on the flagstones that were in the hole and why would someone dig such a big hole if they weren’t going to burry treasure in it. There were also coconut husks in the hole how could they get in the hole if they didn’t put it in the hole. Plus it is possible that the pirates could have sailed over to Nova Scotia. Those are some reasons why I think that there is treasure on

The CFL

The teams competing in the CFL today are The BC Lions vs. the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I think that the BC Lions will win the game. I think that the score will be 28 – 34. The name of the CFL cup is the Grey Cup. It was named after Earl Grey.

The CFL

The teams versing in the CFL today is The BC Lions vs. the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I think that the BC Lions will win the game. I think that the score will be 28 – 34. The name of the CFL cup is the Stanly Cup.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 05:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

If I could make a new kind of candy it would be called the insane bar. It would be every single kind of chocolate bar combined and it would have a cotton candy coating and in the middle there would be a gooey cherry lemon and lime center. That would be the kind of candy that I would create.

What I Will Do for Halloween

For Halloween I will not go trick or treating because my family does not believe in that stuff. I have never gone trick or treating before. So when everyone is having fun trick or treating I will be sitting at home alone doing nothing. That is what I am doing for Halloween.

Friday Writing/ Antarctica

We could go to Antarctica. Some reasons why our class should go to Antarctica is because there are huge mountains and glaciers, that we could climb and we could take very nice pictures. We could also go sledding and skiing on the mountains and that would be very fun! With all of that frozen water, we could go ice fishing and you could catch lots of tasty fish. Then after we are done fishing, we could go have a sleep in our igloo. Those are some reasons why our class should go to Antarctica.

What I am thankful for

I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for my family. They take care of me. They give more than what I need like video games and stuff like that and I am thankful for that too. I am also thankful for my dog Charlie. He is a small dog but he is very loyal. He is very fun to be around with. I am thankful for the talents that I have. I am pretty good at beat boxing. I am also good at badminton. These are some of the things why I am thankful.

How to stop a bully

Some ways to stop a bully is to stand up for yourself .Standing up for yourself will tell the bully that you’re not scared and the bully might back off. Another thing you can do is stay in groups. Staying in groups helps because if you’re with your friends and the bully sees you with your friends, he probably won’t bully you because there are more people than him with you. The last thing you can do is avoid the bully. Avoiding the bully helps because if the bully doesn’t know where you are he can’t bully you.

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 09:16 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

Seven random facts about me

1. Penguins are my favorite animal.

2. I like to beatbox

3. I have a dog named Charlie

4. I have blue eyes

5. My favorite soft drink is sprite

6. My favorite sport is soccer or badminton

7. My favorite number is 62

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 37

no smoking
ool-cartoon-3692718.png' border='0' width='450' alt='no smoking' title='Click to View Full Size Image' >

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 06:37 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

You should eat healthy because it helps you live longer. Some things you can eat to stay healthy are to eat lots of vegetables. Vegetables can keep you healthy because they are full of vitamins. Carrots have vitamin C in them. Vitamin C is good for your eyes. Another thing that helps you keep healthy is water. Without water you can get dehydrated and get sick. Several days without water and your body could shut down and you could die. You should drink about eight glasses of water each day. The last thing you could do to keep healthy is to eat junk-food in moderation. You can still eat junk-food but too much can make you sick. Eating healthy helps you live longer.

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more