We are a 4th grade classroom at Naches Valley Intermediate in Washington State, USA. Our class is learning with technology! We like to video conference with other classrooms. Email: lblack@nvsd.org

teacher: lblack

Today at school I went on khan acadomey . Then I got 8 new students 12 students . I have more than I million class energy points.

Town of Naches - small town living at its finest

look !!!

Historic Spire Building is a Naches landmark

now famos peaple =http://!

Famous People from Washington

History | Symbols | Interesting Facts | Famous People

Randy Couture (1963 - ) Is a retired American mixed martial artist, Greco-Roman wrestler, and actor. During his tenures in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Couture became a three-time UFC Heavyweight Champion, two-time UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, an Interim UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and was the UFC 13 Heavyweight Tournament Winner. Couture is the first fighter to hold two UFC championship titles in two different divisions (heavyweight and light heavyweight). Born in Everett, WA (1688)

Darren McGavin (1922 - 2006) Actor with the title role in the television horror series Kolchak. Born in Spokane, WA (1051)

Paul Gardner Allen (1953 - ) Is an American entrepreneur and philanthropist who co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates and is one of the wealthiest people in the world. Born in Seattle, WA (1014)

Herman Carl Andersen (1897 - 1978) Was a U.S. Representative from Minnesota; Born in Newcastle, WA (1237)

Bob Barker (1923 - ) Former host of the popular television show The Price is Right. Born in Darrington, WA (623)

E. L. "Bob" Bartlett (1904 - 1968) Congressman for Alaska that fought for Alaskan statehood; grew up in Fairbanks. Born in Seattle, WA (16)

Glen Beck (1964 - ) Is an American conservative radio and television host, political commentator, author, and entrepreneur Born in Everett, WA (1015)

Bruce Bennett (1906 - 2007) Was an American actor and Olympic silver medalist shot putter. Born in Tacoma, WA (1016)

Barbara Berjer (1920 - 2002) Was a well-known American television actress. Born in Seattle, WA (1017)

Josie Bissett (1970 - ) Is an American actress best known for her role as Jane Mancini on FOX-TV's Melrose Place. Born in Seattle, WA (1018)

Linda B. Buck (1947 - ) Is an American biologist best known for her work on the olfactory system. She was awarded the 2004 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, along with Richard Axel, for their work on olfactory receptors. Born in Seattle, WA (1019)

Dyan Cannon (1937 - ) Is an American film and television actress, director, screenwriter, editor, and producer. Born in Tacoma, WA (1020)

Jerry Fulton Cantrell (1966 - ) Is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter best known for his work with the grunge band Alice in Chains, as lead guitarist, backing and co-lead vocalist, and co-lyricist. Born in Tacoma, WA (1021)

James Patrick Caviezel, Jr. (1968 - ) Is an American film actor, sometimes credited as Jim Caviezel. Born in Mount Vernon, WA (1022)

Carol Channing (1921 - ) is an American singer and actress. Born in Seattle, WA (1023)

Dale Chihuly (1941 - ) Is an American glass sculptor and entrepreneur. Born in Tacoma, WA (1024)

Louis Chirillo (1961 - ) Is an American actor and voice actor. He was born in Seattle, Washington. He is famous for voicing Keefe in Zoids: Fuzors. He has also voiced Shaman in Pucca. His most famous role is in Johnny Test, where he voices Dukey the Talking Dog. Born in Seattle, WA (1025)

Erika Jane Christensen (1982 - ) Is an American actress whose film appearances include Traffic (2000), Swimfan (2002) and The Perfect Score (2004), among others. She also co-starred in the short-lived drama Six Degrees on ABC. Born in Seattle, WA (1026)

Chuck Thomas Close (1940 - ) Is an American painter and photographer who achieved fame as a photorealist, through his massive-scale portraits. Though a catastrophic spinal artery collapse in 1988 left him severely paralyzed, he has continued to paint and produce work which remains sought after by museums and collectors. Born in Monroe, WA (1027)

Kurt Cobain (1967 - 1994) Grunge rock icon, guitarist/vocalists/song writer of Nirvana. Born in Aberdeen, WA (624)

Judy Collins (1939 - ) Is an American folk and standards singer and songwriter, known for her eclectic tastes in the material she records (which has included folk, show tunes, pop, and rock and roll); and for her social activism. Born in Seattle, WA (1028)

Chris Cornell (1964 - ) Born Christopher Boyle, is an American rock musician best known as the lead vocalist for Soundgarden. Born in Seattle, WA (1029)

Fred Couples (1959 - ) Professional golfer on the PGA tour; Also known as "Boom Boom" for his long drives when he golfs. Born in Seattle, WA (620)

Bing Crosby (1903 - 1977) Singer and actor who became one of the first multi-media stars. Born in Tacoma, WA (615)

Howard Green Duff (1913 - 1990) Was an American actor of film, television, stage, and radio. Born in Charleston, WA (1030)

John Elway (1960 - ) Famous Denver Broncos quarterback. Born in Port Angeles, WA (57)

Frances Elena Farmer (1913 - 1970) Was an American actress of stage and screen. She is perhaps better known for sensationalized and fictional accounts of her life, and especially her involuntary commitment to a mental hospital. Farmer was the subject of three films, three books, and numerous songs and magazine articles. Born in Seattle, WA (1031)

Kenny G (1956 - ) Born Kenneth Bruce Gorelick better known by his stage name Kenny G, is a Grammy winning American, smooth jazz, saxophonist. Born in Seattle, WA (1032)

Nathan Gamble (1998 - ) Is an American child actor who made his feature film debut in Babel (2006), for which he was nominated for a 2007 Young Artist Award. Born in Tacoma, WA (1033)

Bill Gates (1955 - ) Chairman and Chief Software Architect of Microsoft Corporation; Ranked as the richest person in the world. Born in Seattle, WA (617)

Cameron Joslin Gigandet (1982 - ) Is an American actor, perhaps best known for portraying the character of Kevin Volchok on the FOX television series The O.C., and Ryan McCarthy in the film Never Back Down. In 2008, Gigandet starred as James in the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's novel, Twilight. Born in Tacoma, WA (1034)

Vernon Van Atta Greene (1908 - 1965) Was a prolific cartoonist and illustrator who worked on several comic strips and was best known for his artwork on Bringing Up Father. Born in Battle Ground, WA (1035)

Ivar Haglund (1905 - 1985) Was a Seattle folk singer and the "flounder" of Ivar's. Born in Seattle, WA (1036)

Jimi Hendrix (1942 - 1970) Rock & roll guitarist who is considered one of the greatest guitarist in rock music history. Born in Seattle,, WA (616)

Frank Herbert, Jr. (1920 - 1986) Was a critically acclaimed and commercially successful American science fiction author. Although a short story author, he is best known for his novels, most notably Dune and its five sequels. Born in Tacoma, WA (1037)

Steven Hill (1922 - ) Is an American film and television actor. Born in Seattle, WA (1038)

Peter Horton (1953 - ) Is an American actor and director. He is perhaps best known for his role as Prof. Gary Shepherd on the popular television series Thirtysomething. He left the series in 1991 to pursue an interest in directing. Born in Bellevue, WA (1039)

Frederick Charles Hutchinson (1919 - 1964) Was an American professional baseball player, a major league pitcher for the Detroit Tigers. He also was a manager for three major league teams. Born in Seattle, WA (1040)

Charles Martin Jones (1912 - 2002) Was an American animator, cartoon artist, screenwriter, producer, and director of animated films, most memorably of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts for the Warner Bros. Cartoons studio. Born in Spokane, WA (1043)

Henry King "Hank" Ketcham (1920 - 2001) Was an American cartoonist who created the Dennis the Menace comic strip, writing and drawing it from 1951 to 1994, when he retired from drawing the daily page and took up painting full time in his studio at his home. He received the Reuben Award for the strip in 1953. The strip continues today in the hands of other artists. Born in Seattle, WA (1045)

Gary Larson (1950 - ) Is the creator of The Far Side, a single-panel comic strip which appeared in many newspapers for fifteen years until Larson's retirement on January 1, 1995. Born in Tacoma, WA (1046)

Gypsy Rose Lee (1911 - 1970) Was an American burlesque entertainer, famous for her striptease act. She was also an actress, author and playwright, whose 1957 memoir was made into the stage musical and film Gypsy. Born in Seattle, WA (1047)

Kenny Loggins (1948 - ) Singer, songwriter; Known for his soft rock and adult contemporary music. Born in Everett, WA (618)

Phil Mahre (1957 - ) Skier, 3-time World Cup overall champ (1981-83); finished 1-2 with twin brother Steve in 1984 Olympic slalom. Born in Yakima, WA (625)

Kerwin Mathews (1926 - 2007) Was an American actor best known for playing the titular heroes in The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad (1958), The Three Worlds of Gulliver (1960) and Jack the Giant Killer (1962). Born in Seattle, WA (1291)

Kevin McCarthy (1914 - 2010) Was an American actor. Born in Seattle, WA (1048)

Mary Therese McCarthy (1912 - 1989) Was an American author, critic, and political activist. Born in Seattle, WA (1049)

Apolo Anton Ohno (1982 - ) Is an American short track speed skating competitor and an eight-time medalist (two gold, two silver, four bronze) in the Winter Olympics. He is the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time. Born in Federal Way, WA (1052)

Janis Paige (1922 - ) Born as Donna Mae Tjaden, is an American film, musical theatre and television actress. She began singing in public from the age of five in local amateur shows. She then moved to Los Angeles after graduating from high school and then got a job as a singer at the Hollywood Canteen during World War II. Born in Tacoma, WA (1053)

Pamela Reed (1949 - ) Is an American actress. Born in Tacoma, WA (1055)

Jimmie Rodgers (1933 - ) Is an American singer. Born in Camas, WA (1056)

Francis R. (Dick) Scobee (1939 - 1984) Astronaut who died in the Space Shuttle Challenger crash; Enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and received a purple heart after his death. Born in Cle Elum, WA (626)

Dick Scobee (1939 - 1986) Was an American astronaut who was killed commanding the Space Shuttle Challenger, which suffered catastrophic booster failure during launch of the STS-51-L mission. Born in Cle Elum, WA (1057)

Kyle Ivan Secor (1957 - ) Is an American television and movie actor, best known for his role as Detective Tim Bayliss on the crime drama Homicide: Life on the Street. Born in Tacoma, WA (1058)

Quintin Sondergaard (1925 - 1984) Was an American actor principally active on television westerns from 1957-1970. Born in , WA (1059)

John Stockton (1962 - ) Is a retired American professional basketball player (NBA) who spent his entire career (1984-2003) as a point guard for the Utah Jazz of the NBA. Stockton is regarded as one of the best point guards of all time, holding the NBA records for most career assists and steals by considerable margins. Born in Spokane, WA (1060)

Julia Anne Sweeney (1959 - ) Is an American actress, comedian and author best known for her Saturday Night Live career and autobiographical solo shows. Born in Spokane, WA (1061)

Brian Thompson (1959 - ) Is an American actor. Born in Ellensburg, WA (1062)

Blair Underwood (1964 - ) Is an American television and film actor. He is perhaps best known as headstrong attorney Jonathan Rollins from the NBC legal drama L.A. Law, a role he portrayed for seven years. Born in Tacoma, WA (1063)

Adam West (1928 - ) Is an American actor best known for his lead role in the 1960s TV series Batman and the film of the same name. He is currently known for portraying eccentric versions of himself, as well as his voice work on animated series such as The Fairly OddParents and Family Guy. Born in Seattle, WA (1064)

Sammy Charles White (1928 - 1991) Was a Major League Baseball catcher and right-handed batter who played with the Boston Red Sox (1951-59), Milwaukee Braves (1961) and Philadelphia Phillies (1962) Born in Wenatchee, WA (1065)

Bernie Whitebear (1937 - 2000) Birth name Bernard Reyes was an American Indian activist, a co-founder of the Seattle Indian Health Board (SIHB), the United Indians of All Tribes Foundation, and the Daybreak Star Cultural Center. Born in Nespelem, WA (1066)

Richard Karn Wilson (1956 - ) Is an American actor and game show host. He is probably best known for his role as Al Borland, the sidekick of Tim Allen's character, on the sitcom Home Improvement (1991-1999) and also known as the host on Family Feud (2002-2006). Born in Seattle, WA (1044)

look

Zip code 98937 (Naches, Washington) real estate house value trends

">click here . this is bill .

name gender country
    Redington Jr, Ray M Wasilla      
    Lanier, Jim M Chugiak      
    Pinkham, William M Glenwood Springs      
    Thurston, Tom M Oak Creek      
    Bailey, Jodi F Chatanika      
    Marrs, Wade M Wasilla      
    Smyth, Cim M Big Lake      
    Petit, Nicolas M Girdwood      
    King, Jeff M Denali      
    Baker, John M Kotzebue      
    Maixner, Kelly M Big Lake      
    Suprenant, Michael M Chugiak      
    Zirkle, Aliy F Two Rivers      
    Moon, Pat M Park Ridge      
    Herbst, Trent M Anchorage      
    Jonrowe, DeeDee F Willow      
    Mackey, Lance M Fairbanks      
    Cooper, Travis M Big Lake      
    Griffin, Kelley F Wasilla      
    Smyth, Ramey M Willow      
    Santos, Mike M Cantwell      
    Willomitzer, Gerry M Whitehorse

Martin Buser

Bib Number: 41

Hometown: Big Lake, AK

Website: http://www.buserdog.com

Biography

Born in Winterthur, Switzerland in 1958, Martin became fascinated with sled dogs while still a teen. He came to Alaska in 1979 to enhance his knowledge of care and training of sled dogs. He began working and training with long-time Alaskan mushers Earl and Natalie Norris and ran his first Iditarod in 1980. Martin, wife Kathy Chapoton, a retired teacher, and sons Nikolai and Rohn (both named after Iditarod checkpoints), formally reside in Big Lake, Alaska, where the family owns and manages Happy Trails Kennel. Nikolai recently graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle. Rohn is pursuing college courses and commercial fishes in Bristol Bay with Mike Jonrowe. Rohn completed the 2008 Iditarod.

Martin spends a large percentage of his personal time speaking with youth on the humanitarian care of animals and the spirit of the Iditarod. A favorite celebrity of the children of Alaska, Martin treats them with surprise visits from his dogs and puppies during many of these appearances.

Martin runs the race each year with his dogs to test the success of their breeding, training and physical endurance. He regards his racers as true competitive athletes and prides his team on their longevity and spirit of competition. Says Martin, “I run the Iditarod to prove that my dogs, bred, trained and raced by Happy Trails Kennels, are the best amongst the world’s long distance athletes.”

As tribute to his treatment of his racers, Martin was awarded the coveted Leonhard Seppala Award in 1988, 1993, 1995, and again in 1997 for the most humanitarian care of his dogs. The award was named for the most famous Alaskan musher who ran the longest and most dangerous stretch of the 1925, 674-mile diphtheria serum run from Nenana to Nome, which saved hundreds of lives.

Following Martin’s 2002 Iditarod victory, the process for his becoming a naturalized citizen of the United States was completed under the burled monument. He then turned around in Nome and made the trip from Nome to Big Lake with his family by snow machine.

Upon completion of the 2005 Iditarod after a woodworking accident 4 days prior to the race start resulting in the amputation of a part of his finger; he was awarded both the Sportsmanship and Most Inspirational Awards by his fellow mushers.

Martin is an honorary member of Rotary. He is always involved with some project around the kennel or house. While he and Kathy moved into the retirement home that Martin built, they are still working on finishing all the details, your typical Alaskan self-built home that is never quite finished.

In the summer, Martin and his family give tours of their working kennel. The tour begins with a DVD trip from Anchorage to Nome narrated by Buser and includes his unique anecdotal stories gathered over 23 Iditarods. Visitors are offered a glimpse of a mockup of the Cripple Checkpoint complete with campfire and wall tent. Veterinary and dog care topics are discussed and of course, there's the cuddling of puppies. The tour ends with a riotous symphony of dogs barking as a team is hooked up and taken on a demo run to show folks the dogs in action.

Sprocketheads, LLC produced a DVD featuring the unique lifestyle made possible by training and racing sled dogs. The DVD captures a sled dog’s life from puppyhood to racing and Martin’s interaction with his athletic friends.

Mile by Mile: Martin Buser’s Iditarod is a new release DVD. In partnership with Jeff Schultz and Sprocketheads, LLC, a unique journey from Anchorage to Nome with some of the most spectacular imagines ever assembled in a DVD was created. With a combined 54 years on the trail, Jeff’s photos and Martin’s trail stories make it possible for you to “be there” on the back of the sled!

Martin is currently the musher with the most consecutive Iditarod finishes, 26 races completed in row, 28 total finishes. “We are looking forward to many more and working diligently toward a fifth Iditarod win. While the race is always the final exam, the year round interaction and relationship with the dogs is the most valuable aspect of this lifestyle. On a daily basis, we are amazed by the stamina, loyalty, honesty, and joy of our dogs. Author Brain Jacques went on a ride with Martin and the team many years ago and described the dogs as “eternal children.” We couldn’t agree more. It is our good fortune to be able to take care of them.”

this is my avetar on khon academy.

click here . i like this.

click here.  you should watch this.

http://www.infoplease.com/images/timezones.gif