We are a 4th grade classroom at Naches Valley Intermediate in Washington State, USA. Our class is learning with technology! We like to video conference with other classrooms. Email: lblack@nvsd.org

by teacher: lblack

Article posted December 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 60

What is "Knights News Today?" A newspaper! Why am I bringing it up? Because I'm part of it! "Knights News Today" is now available to all of 5th grade. It will be going out every two weeks. I'm not doing it alone, though. I have a whole group that's helping me! Two people are drawing/writing a Comics section, three people will be giving me information for a sports section, and so on. If your interested and you have a brother/sister in 5th grade, you can ask them to pick one up for you! I must give credit to the person who made this all possible: Mrs. Switzer. She is the most amazing person EVER! Anyways, thank you for reading!:-)

P.S. You guys have your own blogs now! How awesome! And did I tell you that it is cool that the Intermediate now has Art? Didn't have that last year...... how exciting for you guys! I have art, but my teacher is Mrs. Antles. She's not only an art teacher, but an actor! You guys will love her...

Article posted November 15, 2012 at 02:24 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 35

Hi! So, you guys will be in 5th grade soon, so I want to give you some info on stuff you heard is hard.

1) Finding your way around the school seems hard at first. But after a while, you know the halls like a pro:-)

2) Opening a locker was hard for me at first, but after a while it gets easier. When you try to open it, make sure to go slow, but not too slow.

3) You may think the school work is hard, but it is pretty easy. Well, the writing homework is the easiest for me.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll try to add more later. Anyways, now I want to tell you some things NOT to do. EVER.

1) DO NOT give your locker combonation to ANYBODY. Not even your best friends. If you need help opening your locker, there is a key that a teacher has, or ask someone for help. If you ask someone for help, try doing your combo yourself, then have them open it. If your locker still doesn't open, ask someone you know will not remember the combo for help. I told one of friends my combo because I needed help, and he went behind my back, opening my locker when I didn't know:-( I had to change the locker combo.

2) Try not to be late for class. If you are late almost everyday in math or reading class, you get a tardy slip which is NOT GOOD. I have not gotten one yet, though:-)

3) (I think you guys all know this one) DO NOT interupt the teacher when they are talking! Even if you want to be funny.

4) DO NOT go to the bathroom at recess without asking a teacher first! (the principal most likely. He's almost always out there) If you go to the bathroom without asking a teacher first, there could be a fire while you are going and nobody would know where you were!:-o

That's all I have for now!:-) Bye, and I hope that the info I gave you taught you some stuff about 5th grade!:D

Article posted November 13, 2012 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

It's that time of year again! That's right...... IT'S CHRISTMAS! Well, not yet. Anyways, I want to tell you some of the things from my Christmas list.

1) ITunes Gift Card

2) New Phone(wich I probebly won't get)

3) The whole Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series

4) An IHome docking station

5) Warm Pajamas( I get cold in the winter:-(

Well, I think that's the main stuff. Bbbyyyeee!:D

P.S. Comment telling me what YOU want for Christmas!:-) If you want to;-)

Article posted September 20, 2012 at 09:36 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 43

First of all, hello Mrs. Black! I hope you have had a wonderful year so far! 5th grade is going smooth so far! My teachers are Mrs. Switzer and Mrs. Raglin. They are both very nice teachers. I am learning lot's of new things in technology. I remembered that we promised you that your class last year would keep on updating on Blogmeister, so here I am, writing about 5th grade so far. Some things I should tell you........... I can type 49 words per minute, I am making some new friends, and I am trying so hard to remember the twists and turns of this new school. Well, goodbye!:-)

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

We do a fun little thing in 4th grade, in Mrs.Black's classroom.(This is actually my first time doing it) We had 8 teams, and a host. We were team four.(Just in case you were wandering, our secret city is Naches, where our school is) My group,(I was team captain)tried to quess what Secret City #2 was. Sadly, we got it wrong:( But oh well!!!:) It was fun anyway! Well, I have to go now, so if you want to know more about Secret City, you'll have to comment! Bye! See you next time!:)

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 05:27 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 37

Scientists. What would we do without them? More importantly, what would we do without the well known shipwreck, The Titanic. It sank fast. How could the people ON the Titanic, maybe have made it sink slower? More time to get to safety. Well, I`ll tell you. Scientists went down to the shipwreck of the Titanic and found portholes, doors, and stuff like that OPEN. Maybe they flew open while the ship was sinking into deep, dark water. Or maybe, just maybe, the passengers on the Titanic LEFT them open. You see, the water flows in more faster through open things like windows or doors, making the object(ship) sink more faster. That could have been what happened to the Titanic, if the passengers left the portholes, and doors open. Today, ships are safer. They have more lifeboats. And safety rules. But, you have to know this VERY important fact I left out. I found this information in a magazine. A National Geographic magazine:-) Oh and one more thing. If you want me to make more blogs about, The Titanic, leave a comment saying you want me to. Thanks, and have a nice day! P.S History is fun to learn IF you like it:-)

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

First, let me tell you about a place called Melody Lane. Melody Lane is a place where you get to sing, dance, and act. I'm in it, and so is my sister and her friend. Not just us are in it though. Other kids are too. But guess where we get to go this year for Melody Lane? We get to go to...HAWAII!!! Next year we get to go somewhere else, but I don't know where yet. But this will be my FIRST time to Hawaii and I'm really REALLY excited=http://! That's all for today. Bye=http://!!

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 04:02 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

Hi it`s Kailey and i`m going to tell you about Wheat Week. Someone called Mrs.Heart comes in and teaches you about wheat and lot`s of other stuff. Some interesting facts are....1.Wheat make`s sugar. 2.You can eat the wheat stem when it get`s long enough. And 3.The wheat will be green when it grows, but it will turn kind of a gold color when fully grown. Mrs.Heart also teaches you about the sun and water. My class made a model of a city(or town what ever you want to call it)out of paper. The city sat on an island. We drew buildings, plants, animals, lakes, rivers, and waterfalls. Then Mrs.Heart sprayed water on our city. We were either evil city planners, okay city planners, or great city planners. I was an evil city planner because my bird and 2 buildings drowned in water. But my school and my bush survived!! Anyway, I`m done with this blog soooooo...........Bye! See you next time!!

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 05:08 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

When it snows you can do LOTS of things! I`ll name some stuff you can do. 1. You can build a snow person! Wouldn`t that be cool?! 2. Build a snow fort! Snowball fight=http:// 3. Build BIG snowballs or small snowballs! Watch out, snowball coming through!!! One time me and my family made a snow person! It was really fun! We put a hat, scarf, and gloves on the snow person. By morning the hat, scarf, and gloves were still not dry but it was worth it!! Can you think of other fun stuff you can do when it snows?? Just remember, DO NOT EAT YELLOW SNOW ONLY EAT WHITE SNOW=http://=http://

I have to clean the cat boxes at my dad`s house so I learned something silly about two of the cat`s we have at my dad`s. My silly cat Tux is silly because, after I clean the cat boxes I check if the cat`s food bowls are empty. If they are almost empty, I will take a container and pour some cat food in the food bowl`s. Once Tux hears the cat food being poured into the food bowl`s, he races to where the food and cat boxes are and he will plunge his head into the food bowl and eat, eat, eat, eat. The other silly cat`s name is Oops. What is silly about him is that, once I clean the cat boxes I pour some new litter into the cat boxes. When Oops hears the new litter being poured into the cat boxes, he will walk over and make himself do his thing in the cat box. I don`t know why but sometimes I get mad at Oops because I have to find what he dropped and I have to get it out of the cat box. Well, that is what was so silly. See you later!!!