We are a 4th grade classroom at Naches Valley Intermediate in Washington State, USA. Our class is learning with technology! We like to video conference with other classrooms. Email: lblack@nvsd.org

teacher: lblack

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 05:38 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

This is a fun video, come and watch  this  sience  video!!!!   watch this!

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Dallas Seavey's wish for his brithday was to win the Iditirod Race, and his dream came true! He was very happy!  At first my class thought that Lance Mackey was going to win, but we were wong...Dallas Seavy was the champion.  I was going to pick him as a musher, but someone else got him.  Then Ally Zirkle was my second choice. Colleen Robertia was the   21st musher to come in, and next to her was Lance Mackey.  Other mushers are still in the race.  Mrs. Black told us that Alaska is one hour behind us, so when it is 9:00 a.m. in Washington, it is 8:00 a.m. over there.

I like Wheat Week because it is so fun to learn about how the soil feels, and we also learned how to plant wheat .  When you touch the soil it feels smooth.  Ms. Hart is very nice; she gave us snacks that were made with wheat--they tasted good. She also taught us that after you plant wheat, you need to water it a lot.  My plant  is growing. You can have your very own wheat plant.  My  friend Kalaina's plant is like 5 inches long!  Wheat plants are nice because they grow up looking pretty.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 06:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

This bear is a cutie!

whatch this

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

What I want for christmas is an IPod because I want to listen to music in my noisy bus! 

Today we played our second game 4 in a row game Kansas =VS= Washington.  The First game they won must be beginners luck, but  today we made a come back and won  the second game.  We knew we were in a tied break who will win spring forward.  One week it  was a tie because we won. It  was longest game I can remember Kansas really tied to stump us , but in the end, we prevailed.

We worked on our monster in groups.  In my group we had Candace, Kenzie, Dillon, Cody, and me.  We worked on one hand and we made it look good.  We did a lot of suff to the hand.  Our goup made up a hand shake, and we call ourselves the Seattle Sharks.  We work hard on the hand.  The people that worked on the head worked the hardest because the teacher gave them a big piece of paper to make the head.  Mrs. Black picked ours to work with; she helped us how to make the tatoos on our monster's hand.  My group also made a bracelet for our monster.  We had fun with everything we made!               

I love animals because they're sweet, but  I do not like cats because they scratch you.   Sauturday when I was at my aunt Betty's apartment and I went to take out the garbarge outside to put in the garbage can, a cat jumped and I  was very scared.  I told my aunt and she laughed, but I was still scared.  My  sister Denise was laughing too.  My aunt said to go check the laundry and the same cat jumped again, and it scared me again!  The laundry room was outside in a little room.  I told my uncle Juan and he was laughing too.  I was very nervous because I had to go to the laundry room again to check the laundry, but I did not see the cat anymore.  When I told my mom she also laughed, and I turned red.  My sister Ana was laughing too.

Forconia has a lot of  trees.  Their mountains are little.  The schools are big and there are lots of houses.  The park is very big and nice.  There is no garbage in their school or park.  The farms are very nice.  The hotels are big.  There was and earthquake in 1995.  They also have a hill that is named Sugar Hill that has a nice swimming lake.  They have five churches and a beach at Echo Lake.  Forconioa is very cool place to live because they have cool things to do.  They have many horses in their big farms.  I wish I lived there!                                                                                                 

I have lots of friends, and I can 't  choose who's going to be my best friend because it is hard to choose.  I had a best friend, her name was Stephanie but she moved to Californa, and I miss her a lot!  Now my best friend is Manny.  Stephanie moved but came back and we have been best friends since 1st grade.  Manny has been in my class since 3rd  grade.  I still miss Stephanie; her mom knew my mom, and my dad is Stephanie's uncle's friend.  She came to my house many times, and we also got to go to her house.  She lives with her aunt and uncle.  We got to go to her aunt's and uncle's wedding.  It was a good party and Stephanie was very happy to see her aunt and uncle get married.                                               

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 02:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Differences between our class and Mr. Ferguson's class.   We play soccer - kickball - 27 students 200 students4 classrooms of 4th grade

We get to eat Cheese Zombies and at home we use Mr. Butterwoth's pancake syrup.  Differences from Mr. Ferguson class is that they get to ski and snowboard at school once a week, and we don't get to do it.  They  have 120  students in their whole school;  one class is fourth grade.  We have 200 students, and four Fourth grade classrooms.  We go skating at Skateland at Halloween.  My name is Wendy.                         

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 07:44 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 38

Hi my name is Wendy.  I love  dogs. I have two dogs named Blackey and Cookie.  I also have four horses. I like Mexican food.  My Mom and my Dad are very nice.

My favorite place to go is Seattle. I like to go to my Grandma's house, and to my Aunt Betty's house too. I have four sisters, and one brother.  Their names are: Denise, Brenda, Ana, and Brisa; my little brother's name is Francisco. When we go on long trips, my sisters and I sleep in the car. This year we went to Seattle to celebrate my birthday, and we stayed in a hotel.  We went swimming in Enumclaw; we got wet and I had lots of fun.  We invited my cousing Melvin to go swimming with us, and he had a fun time too.  My Dad took pictures of us. The second day we went to my aunt Maria's house.  I was very happy.

I like to walk and run.  I like my sisters a lot.  All of the members of my family are very nice.  Juan Gonzalez is my neighbor; his mother is my mom's friend.  Juan's sister is friends with my sisters; they are in 6th grade.  My best friend is Manny.