Article posted May 21, 2012 at 12:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 141

Well, that was fun. I think our class was successful in improving public speaking skills. On the other hand, I am still terrible at grammar. In the eighth grade, I would like to do something besides poetry and public speaking. Because, it seems as if that’s all we ever do in Language Arts classes. I learned that when making a movie, people who are completely in their character can be extremely dangerous. To all the new seventh graders wanting to know a trick to survive the seventh grade: there is none. Just deal with it, and do well on your World History Fair project and you’ll be fine.

That was fun. I was a customs agent, so the best part for me would be working as a peacekeeper. That was definetly the highlight of my day. I learned that if you work as a customs agent, there is always work. My hands were full with passports and making change for purchased items. If I could change anything, I would give us more time. The day felt extremely rushed, which hindered me from enjoying the experience.

World history definitely impacts the world of today because we look to the past to plan our future. For example, our form of government is a lot like the form of the Roman republic. We base things that we do from the past. I think the most interesting part of the World History Fair project was making the visual representation. It challenged people to make the most creative and interesting things possible.

I learned from one of my fellow 7th graders how Roman aqueducts work. He told me how gravity would push water from a lake, over the aqueducts, into Rome. I found that very interesting. Also, his visual representation helped me understand how the aqueducts were built.

Well, I would say that Seedfolks was an interesting book. My favorite character would probably have to be Curtis. I like how he thinks he’s so big and strong and yet, he can take care of his tomato plants. I find that humorous. My favorite Seedfolks activity would have to be in Mr. Howard’s class. I liked the different things you could do as well as the break from math itself. The “big idea” of Seedfolks would probably be that communities could be families.

My World History Fair Project is coming along fine. My research paper is finished along with my works cited and 3d project. I have a rough draft going for my answer to my guiding project and my procedure. I still have to finalize that though. As for the poster board, I should probably get started on that. So all in all, I am doing pretty well, hope I can finish off the year strong with this project.

So, it looks like I am going to have to blog another random statement. Since it is spring, I guess I will talk about spring. It is nice to finally see some green grass and blossoms on the trees. I don’t know about you, but I am definitely hoping for spring to just end so we can just move on to summer. I am going to hike up a bunch of fourteeners this summer, so I can’t wait to get school over with.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

My experience with the chicken wing dissection was very fun. Except for the fact that I was grouped with two vegetarians. Well, they did all the paper work, so I guess I can’t complain. I learned how the chicken can move and that fat was actually rare on the chicken we dissected. All in all, it was a very educating experience.

My Mild Mood

I am excited

Not anxious

Not spazing out in anxiety excited

Not like I am passing out with excitement

But I am mildly and contently excited

Excited about a movie I am going to go see

Excited that I am going over to a friends house

Excited that I can write about my excitement

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

Honestly, I was horrified. The very thought that these white people would hurt, threaten, and even wish to kill the Little Rock Nine just because they look different is outrageous. It is scary that Americans would be so insensitive. I would not have had the guts to do what the Little Rock Nine did. I would have no courage when faced with the problems they faced. I think that the Little Rock Nine had a lot of guts to be the first to integrate. Even with mobs of dangerous people, they kept on going through the hardships. I admire the Little Rock Nine for their courage, and I wish I could be as courageous as they are.