7 Facts 09/02/11

I love being able to do science with cells. The absolute best part for me is that we get to work with microscopes. I’ve only been able to work with them once and we did not get to do the fun things such as find the cell our self. Learning a little bit more than I’ve ever had before.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 03:46 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

Learning about cells has been really fun, all because of the different labs. Not only do we get to interact with other students during the labs, but instead of just reading a textbook and looking at a picture, you get to see it for yourself.  I’ve learned a ton about photosynthesis, osmosis and anything else you need to know about the parts of a cell. My favorite of all the labs was using the microscope. Now I can see what all living things are made of, and not just that, but now when I look out the window I see a completely different world with millions and millions of organisms everywhere!

This statement is true. We are working on cells in science. Personally I find this subject really hard. I guess the labs are kind of cool though. There was a lab on eggs. We put them in three different liquids to see what would happen. It was actually really cool. That was probably my favorite part of this subject. My least favorite part is the test that is coming up. I’ll just have to study a lot!

I thought it was really cool of what the cells look like. I remember discovering that the letters are really made of color dots. The part that fascinated me the most are viruses. They cling onto a cell and the cell makes copies of them destroying the cell. Everything else is alright. I wonder what else I’ll learn from science.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 03:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

It has been interesting learning about cells and how little they are and even litterer stuff in the cell, to function. The best part of this experience is to know that if you take care of your body it will take care of you. The not so great parts are the notes and lectures, I no they will make you more prepared for the test but its boring. The labs are fun and I'm a person who is a visual and the labs really help me out.

In science I learned about eukaryotes and prokaryotes. Eukaryotes have a nucleus and prokayotes don't. I also learned that viruses are a lot like parasites. My favorite lab was the one about photosynthesis. I enjoyed it because of the color changes and it was unpredictable.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I think that seeing little things move in a microscope was weird and kind of creepy but it was still cool to see different things like the Brine Shrimp in the microscope but for the most part I guess it was kind of fun.

Article posted March 10, 2012 at 06:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In my opinion, I think it kind of gross when it’s moving and all creepy. But, it’s still cool to see the cells under a microscope. But, the best lab out of all we did was the one with microscopes. The coolest organism was, the Brine Shrimp. The Brine Shrimp was big enough to see it, but not really the details on it.

I liked the Cell Unit in science.  It was cool to learn all the different types of cells.  Some of the things I learned were how cells live, how big they are, and how they rank in size.  It was cool to find out that the Rhinovirus is smaller than the Dust Mite.  I didn't like learning about plants that much, because I am just not into plants.  I thought this part was boring.  We did a lab that let us look through the microscope at different cells.  We learned which cell was from a plant, an animal, and bacteria.  If I had to choose a unit in science to learn more about it would be the cells.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 01:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

In science we are studying different types of cells. I think it is sometimes fun and sometimes disturbing. I liked looking at different cells in our cells lab. I was enjoying drawing pictures untill I saw one move. I freaked out! Even though that wasn't a very pleasant experience, I really like making the help wanted cells poster.

The cell unit in science hasnt been my favorite... but I have learned quit a bit about them! If I had to choose my favorite lab we've done over this unit, I would have to say it was looking into the microscopes at real, living, MOVING cells! :D It really was a more realistic experience rather than just glancing at a picture someone else took. Onto the human body :)

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

This unit in science class, we've been learning about cells. We learned the parts of the cell and their functions. For example, the vacuole, found mostley in plant cells but sometimes in animal cells, stores the water, waste and other products like these for the cell. We also got to look under microscopes. We looked at a variety of single-celled organisms, like amoebas.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Our cell unit in science has been very cool. I have never been fond of textbooks, so my favorite part has been using the microscopes. Isaac and I always knock out classwork promptly so we can go use the microscopes. The best thing I've seen so far was a direct comparison between a living plant and one that was dying. There was a big difference in the chloroplasts. I definitely hope we get to use the microscopes more often.

I've been seeing and learning about the basic structure of a lot of types of cells like bacteria, plant cells, animal cells, and even a little about viruses. The best thing I have done in the class is do a lab were we look through microscopes. We looked at different unicellular and unicellular organisms like some shrimp. The worst part is that we do too much work and too little labs. Most of the time were just sitting and writing all the time and it does not make it much fun. My science journal is almost full were my math journal isn't even half way.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 04:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

There are many cells in a living body; in fact, the Cell Theory states these three things:

1. Cells are the basic units and functions of life

2. All living things are composed of cells

3. All cells are produced by other cells

I have really enjoyed this unit, and found it interesting to see that these cells have even tinier parts inside them!! I have always been interested in the medical field (I want to become a doctor when I grow up), so as we learn these small things, they really build up. I wouldn't say I had a famous part, because I honestly liked the whole unit, but if I had to choose, it would be when we looked up tiny things under microscopes...IT WAS SO COOL!!

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 03:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I think the cell unit is pretty cool. The worst part has been worksheets and journal entries, but other than that, I like all of it. I think the best lab we've done has been one where we put one egg in vinegar, one egg in salt water and one egg in regular water and leave it there for a few days. What was really cool was that the one that was left in vinegar was almost transparent.

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

In science we’ve been learning lots of things about cells. At the beginning of the unit I knew almost nothing about what the cell is, and what it looks like. Now I know a whole bunch. For example plants don’t have a cell wall, but animal plants do. Also, I know that viruses are non-living. One of the best parts is when we get to look at the cells in the microscope. It’s really cool to see them up close. My least favorite part is definitely taking notes. It’s just so boring sitting there writing forever. At first I thought I wasn’t going to like this unit, but it actually turned out to be really interesting.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In science we've been doing all sorts of crazy science-y stuff and learning about cells. If you ask me there weren't really any "down sides" the whole unit was just awesome! We got to do a bunch of cool labs involving microscopes and I even saw a 100% real, Grade A, genuine amoeba. Also I learned about a cell's innards. At first I knew very little about them. Heck. For while I didn't even know about the organelles.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Cells are very small, so small that you need a microscope to see them. Some cells are hard to find especially when they are moving it is hard to observe them because they are hard to catch. Some cells are not hard to find and some stay still. We have a test this week on cells and the study guide really helps. There are some things about cells that are hard to understand but it isn't as hard of a concept as I thought it would be.

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 05:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

One thing I remember is how Cancer starts. It is caused by cells growing, uncontrollably! When the cancer cells keep growing, and growing, and growing, they finally make a huge bump. This is also known as a "tumor." When people get tumors they usually get them removed. Not all tumors have cancer though. I liked actually knowing now how cancer starts.

Lately in science we have been studying cells and we have been looking at them under a microscope. Its been really fasinating to see them so big. I always thought that they would be easier to find, and easier to see. But, it's actually really hard to see because the are so small, and some of them move. I have enjoyed this microscope unit in science because we have done a lot of labs. We have gotten to do a lot of "hands on" work where we get to control the experiments. This has been a really fun and exciting unit!

Article posted February 25, 2012 at 04:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

We have learned a lot in Science about cells. I learned a lot about photosynthesis and all the other cells that support our body. I think the best part has been actually learning with the plants in the labs, to show how the H2O and things change. We have done a couple labs, which were pretty interesting to see the outcome for the results. Like, for plants we put them in some liquid that changed colors if it had oxygen or not. We put a plant in the sun and in the dark, to see which one lived longer. We also had one without the plant in the sun as our original.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 02:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

In science we have been learning about cells. It's ok... WE have learned about plant cells, animal cells, and bacteria cells. I have learned what a nucleus is and what it does. Bassicily it is the control center of the cell. This is not my favorite subject, but I am excited to learn about organs in the human body. The best part probably would have been the egg lab because it showed me what are the parts of the cell. The worst thing has been taking notes. I mean no one likes to take notes. I am just glad it's almost over.

Learning about cells in science.

All living things are made up of cells, parasites even. Parasites are very bad. The main part of the cell is the nucleus or the nucleon. The best part was the microscopes. Seeing cells under a lense was so amazing. The worst would be taking notes I think. I am not much of a note taker. Also, Bacteria can be healthily for your body! I never knew that! We did a lab with microscopes so that was even more cool. I love this unit so much!

The best part of the labs in science is looking at things under a microsope.I looked at this little insect things. It was awsome.

becauseyouaresoboredofseeingthesametitleoverandover,hereisadifferentone-mary(:

SCIENCE IS REALLY HARD=http://!! Ugh, um, cells are the living unit of all living organisms, and you can’t live without them, and they need water. Also, there is a disease called cancer in which the cells multiply and divide uncontrollably and thus damaging the surrounding organs and tissue. There are different types of cells, and they need energy from food to function.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 111

We have been doing a little microbiology and cells in science and it has been very eye-opening. I didn’t realize that our world was practically ruled and governed by cells and tiny organisms. Definitely the most interesting part was the idea of stem cells and basically a miracle cure for everything. Humans could even regenerate missing limbs. Imagine the possibilities of that. War would become obsolete and humans would become invincible. This would be perfect and it would cause a heap of corruption.

I truthfully really don't like learning about cells at all but I think it is better doing labs instead of just reading out of our books.I have learned mostly all of the parts of the cell and what they do.I think the best part of learning about cells is looking at them through the microscopes but the worst would be just reading out of our books sometimes.These labs have tought me a lot more than I knew before.

Article posted February 25, 2012 at 02:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

So far it has been fun indeed but I am the worst at science so if I get something wrong, we learned about osmosis and the parts of cells etc. My favorite part of the cell would be the nucleus because that resembles the brain more than anything in a cell. My brother studies neuroscience so I can ask if he also knows about the nucleus. I feel confident but still worried about when the test is!?!?!? All in all, this has been one of my favorite topics in science.

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

In science we are learning mostly about cells. We did a lot of labs involving microscopes. We've learned about protists, animal cells, plant cells, and bacteria cells. We learned about the parts of cells and their functions. It was hard remembering all of the long and confusing words!!

In science class, we are exploring cells. Some of the topics we are exploring are the organelles and their functions and how the cells reproduce. My least favorite part of this unit is how we have to memorize all the complicated cell organelle names and the organelles’ functions. I thought it was cool to look through a microscope and see a whole new world of living things that I haven’t seen before. I also enjoyed the hands on aspect of the labs that we did. My favorite was the Cells Lab where we examined all different types of cells. Plant, animal and bacteria cells are all different from each other, and we are starting to discover the differences between them. Finally, we are learning about viruses as well. They are not cells or living things, but they attack cells. Science is really fun when you get to explore just like we are doing now.

In science we're learning about cells. Animal cells, plant cells, and bacteria cells are the main types of cells we studied. We looked at all these types of cells under a microscope. I'm really not a fan of science but looking at the cells was actually pretty fun. It was cool seeing how the cells looked like up close. But, I really don't like all these new words we have to study and know. In my opinion, there are too many words!!! In general, I liked the cells unit this quarter.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

This chapter has been fun, but not my favorite. I know a few things such as, definitions of words, the functions of what the objects do, and a few other things. The best part has been the labs and seeing how things change over time(which is why I chose my title because of the egg experiment we had). Also, the worst part has been getting ready for the test because I am not as good with this unit, but I am still pretty good. We have done some labs and they were all fun.

The cell unit in science has been very cool. We learned about plant cells, bacteria cells, and animal cells. Each of the cells has their own unique feature. We learned about all of the parts of each cell that help it grow and live. We also learned the functions of each part and what would happen if that particular cell doesn’t have that part. The best part of the unit has been getting to use the microscopes. In my opinion, I can’t think of a part that I didn’t like in this unit. This upcoming test is going to take a lot of studying!

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 02:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

In Science class we've been learning about cells and what they do in a living body. Some cells are good but others can be bad, like cancer cells. We did an egg lab, where we measured the outside of the egg and put it in different liquids. This lab taught us about the cell membrane. The job of the cell membrane is to either keep things inside the cell or keep other things out. One thing I've learned that is really neat is how cells multiply. They kind of just cut in half but both new cells are the same as the original cell.

I think that the microbiology is coolbut, I think the best part is looking at the live things under the microscope. Under the microscope things look cooler. Because you see the things that make up the big picture. for example the letter E printer in black is acutely a combination of colors. I also enjoyed looking at the elodea and truly seeing what a plant cell looks like. Also, I thought the little shrimps were going to look cool but I got sick. In conclusion I think the microbiology unit is cool.

I know about prokaryotes and eukaryotes and what they do and I also know about flagellums and how they help cells move. The worst part about learning about microbiology is reading out of the textbook and taking notes. I think that sometimes what we learn can be cool but science isn't exactly the subject that I'm the best at.

In science we are learning about cells. We used microscopes and we looked at different types of cells in it. Some cells we looked at were: animal, plant, and protest. We also took the DNA out of strawberries. That was really fun but for me it was REALLY gross!!! How we took the DNA out of strawberries was we took a strawberry. Put it in a plastic Ziplock baggie with a little bit of water and smashed it. Then, we got just the liquid parts out and we put soap in it. After that, we stirred the soap and strawberry “juice” together. Then you took some cold alcohol and put it in with the soapy strawberry “juice” and we had to make sure that the alcohol was put in VERY slowly so it wouldn’t just mix together. Lastly, we watched the DNA float up and we took it out with an eye dropper thing. We ended up putting it in a plastic cup in the sunlight so it would evaporate and Mrs. Kosters said that we would do something with it later. One other thing we did was take a test on cells. That is about all we did in the past few weeks in science class.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I learned some new things about micro biology this unit but some of it has gone in one ear and out the other. Things like the functions of all the organelles have kind of scrambled in my mind, if you’re picking up what I’m putting down. My personal opinion is that micro biology is not the greatest. You can do whatever you want with that information. The best part has probably been the activities on the side like the vocab word search and the comic creating. The worst parts were probably the microscope days because those microscopes are frustrating to use and because I am just not interested in life science.

In Science, we have been learning about cells. Science has gone so far that we are able to see those cells in our own classroom. We have been learning the functions of a cell and the traits that give a cell it's name. Such things include the nucleus, mitochondria, golgi body, chloroplast, and even the cell wall. We know about anything that has to do with cells. We are doing more interactive things and getting some hands on learning experience. We have been doing many labs that give us a closer look at protists and bacteria. It takes a lot of work but it is interesting to see how they relate to a factory. Every time I walk in to Science know I know it will be fun.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

In science, we are learning about cells and their functions. We have also used the microscopes A few times. The best part about this whole unit is the fact that we get to use our notes for the test. Just Kidding! The besst part is that Ms. Kosters does a great job explaining what each vocabulary word means. The part that is kind of annoying is the fact that there is no ryhme or reason to things in Science, you just have to memorize them!

Our cell unit in science has been very cool. I have never been fond of textbooks, so my favorite part was the microscopes because they are very fun to use to look at. Sometimes the microscopes liked to turn off on me and my partner. I liked the lab where we got to look at crab fish(I think). The mircoscopes come in good handy when we need to look at something up close. The best was working with partners on the lab where we got to look at real cells

Article posted March 14, 2012 at 01:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

These days in science, we are reviewing the parts of cells. I know a bit about the parts and what each one does. I like the word 'osmosis' best. The best part so far into this unit was when we wrote the answers on whiteboards. The worst was when... hmm, I don't think there really was a down. I have learned that cells have to have water to perform certain functions, and that only certain things can leave and enter the cell. Also, viruses are considered nonliving, or parasites, because they can't do anything for theirselves unless they're inside a cell. As far as labs, we have done a gummy worm lab, an egg lab, and an elodea plant lab by observing them in different situations and environments. I just took the test on Monday and I feel I did very well. I hope I can finish this unit up by rounding my great A up to a perfect +A. That would be just the way to finish it up.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Science class these past couple of weeks has been very fun!! This year was the first year I have ever looked under a microscope. I’ve seen a lot of different shapes and sizes and all are very interesting. I’ve learned that many germs are very bad for you but some are good. The best part of this lab is being able to learn about all of the germs and being able to look at them. The past couple of weeks were really great!!

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Science has been really fun with learning about micro-science. Looking at the different cells under the microscope was probably the best part because you got to see the cells moving around but it kinda sucked that we had to document everything right after we enjoyed seeing it.

In science we have been doing a cells unit. I know that a cell is the basic unit of life. They need food and water. I think the best part was making the osmosis comic strip. I don't think there was a worst part. I have learned what osmosis is and how cancer cells become dangerous. I don't think there were any labs but there were experiments.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

In science we have been learning a ton! We're learning so much it's hard to cram it all in my head! It's been very fun doing the labs and partner work.Some of it was fun and some of it was just plain boring. But I liked how we all got a chance to look at different cells and organisms up close by using a microscope.If I could do this unit again I would probably would say yes.I wish every unit was like this!

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In science I have learned a ton! latley we have been learning about cells. Everything about cells is in our notes and now stored in our brains thanks to all the fun labs!!! My favorite part about science right now is all the labs and fun competetions we have been having to get ready for the test. My least favorite part has been the notes.

Science has been fun lately. We have been doing a lot of experiments ,which I, like and I have learned a lot. I have learned how many types of cells there are and how important they are. There are so many types of cells, skin cells, braiin cells, nerve cells, animal cells, plant cells and bacterial cells. Cells are the building structures of all life and even though they are very small. The only part about this unit that I do not like is all of the vocab.

I honestly do not like the whole microscope thing. I know a cell has a nucleus and there are many dogs with different traits.The best part has been the warm ups. Basically the whole study part has been the worst. I don’t like learning about small things because I am not going to see them every day and plus it’s really gross. I have nothing against science it’s just creep looking at hair and water because there is a lot of gross things in it. Well there you go.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 01:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

We are working on cells in science. I think that this subject really hard. I guess the labs are kind of cool, but it is really confusing. We did an “egg lab”. We put the eggs in three different liquids to see what would happen, it ended up being really cool.

I have been learning lots in science lately. A few things I know are the structure of a cell, three different types of cells, bacteria, plant, and animal cells. The best part is the comic strips and drawings we get to do in class. The worst part has been taking notes. We have learned many things but some things are photosynthesis and cells. The labs we have been doing are eggcpirement and Elodea plant. Microbiology is very fun to learn and imp glad I have the opportunity to learn it.

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

We have been studying cells all quarter. I have learned a lot from it, and it was interesting. We got to actually look through a microscope to see the cells. And when we learned about cancer, I thought totally different than what I do now. I used to think it was a scary disease, but now I know the truth! This was a very interesting unit.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 04:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

We have been doing a lot of micro biology and we have learned a lot. I learned that all cells need to have water to survive because almost all chemical reactions with in a cell need water. We also did a lab that involves a bunch of micro scopes and focusing them in to see. We saw a bunch of really small things.

I love microbiology! Science has always been an interest of mine and now that we have started the microbiology unit in science I have gained a higher level of love for science! Microbiology can be confusing at times but what isn't? I have gained a higher higher level knowledge of how magnificent animals and plants are ans how they work. We have done a lot of labs but my favorite was were we put gummy worms in a jar of varied liquids to see the effects of osmosis and diffusion. I also enjoy being able to talking to my mom and dad (both with degrees of medical science and microbiology) about the anatomy of cells and other microorganisms.

In my science class we learned that an plant cell has all the different parts of a cell unlike a animal cell which only has a few of all the cell parts. I also like the osmosis lab because in the oil the gummy worm grow and then it srounk because there was a little water which caused the gummy worm to dissolve. I think the worst part of the cell unit was all the notes we had to take over the weeks.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

Science is good. We have been studying cells, their functions, and all that jazz. Honestly, it's kinda slow. I know enough for the test; but not all of it. The coolest thing was being able to see all those protists. I would rather study physics and other things like that.

Cells are really boring. I know that they are super small, there are many different kinds, they can be harmful or help you, and much more. I don’t like cells because cells aren’t interesting to me. If we learned about cells in a different way it might be more fun. The labs were cool! I didn’t like how Mrs. Kosters did all of it for us and we sat and watched.

These last few weeks in science class, we have been studying cells. I have learned quite a bit from this subject. For instance, did you know, that cancer is caused by infected body cells multiplying uncontrollably, and spreading to vital parts of the body? Also, some bacteria is naturally needed needed to make anti-oxidants to kill other germs. I am sure that all of us have learned at least something from this unit in science like I did.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I really like learning about cells because I love the work we have been doing to study them. I also like the diagrams we use and the hands on experience that we’re doing with the microscopes. I like looking at the cells in focus. Things are so much cooler in focus! I also thought that learning about the cell’s main functions was cool too. I learned that the nucleus is the control system and the Golgi Bodies are a place to store proteins.

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

In science, we have learned many many things including interesing stuff about bacteria and the different parts of a cell. We have learned that the cell membrane allows certain substances into the cell. We also did an experiment with eggs and tested 3 variables and found out that certain substances entered the cell membrane and enlarged the egg. The best thing in science is that we have gotten to use microscopes to observe the cells closely. The worst thing so far is that there is alot of info to take in and to memorise.

In this science unit we have been learning about cells and their functions. My favorite part in this unit was when we looked at cells under the microscope. I found it very cool seeing such small organisms move under the microscope but not seeing them with your plain eye. I also found it interesting about how things change over time. We did an experiment and we kept track of how much bigger or smaller it grew. Lastly the worst part of this is the test. I’m ok at science but there is a lot of vocabulary in this unit. Over all we have a lot of experiments and we used microscopes.

In science we are learning about cells and that each cell has a different function. For example, the cell membrane is made to control what enters and leave the cell. This is only a small idea of what we learn in science. In science, we are doing a lab in which shows the concept of the cell memebranes job. One of the labs is with a paper bag. This paper bag is in a cup of dye and has only water in it. During this lab we discovered that the water inside the bag began to turn colorful because of the water entering. Overall, science can be really boring because cells can be boring but also some of the labs are fun to see how our results very from other classes.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 04:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

We have been studying micro biology for a while now. This includes single celled organisms and cells themselves. There have been a few fun things, like microscopes, and a bit more…less intriguing things, such as worksheets. We have also had a few labs like the membrane lab, the microscope lab, and the osmosis lab. The labs were fun too. We have learned about organelles and their functions. All in all we have had an interesting unit.

In science this quarter we have been learning about micro organisms. It has been a lot of fun but some parts were pretty disgusting. For example, the tiny shrimp we looked at was probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Studying single celled organism was really interesting and I learned a lot!

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 02:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

In science, we have been studying micro-biotic life. We have done experiments on how things survive, grow, and affect our world. For example, we put plants in different conditions to see how they survive and what chemicals they produce. My favorite of these experiments was when we studied things under microscopes to see their cell structures. My least favorite was when we experimented with plants to see what chemicals they gave off. Now I know how micro-biotic life functions and affects our world.

In science we are learning about cells. It is interesting how tiny little organisms make up our bodies. The best part, I think, was when we got to look at all the organisms under the micro-scope. The wors tpart was the test, but hey, all tests are not very fun.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Microbiology and cells in science have been really awesome to learn about. The best part is interacting in the labs like using the microscope to see all the cells. Learning things like osmosis and photosynthesis. It’s amazing to know that everything is made up of cells and all have important things to do. Learning about this whole thing has been really enjoyable and I can’t wait what’s next.

I didn't really study cells before, so this is something new to me... I mean, I knew about cells, but I never got to STUDY them... The best part about the cell labs are looking through the microscopes and finding the cells. The worst part about it is that we always have to write a conclusion. Its sort of annoying having to write conclusions for minor labs too. I've learned quite a lot, actually. I find cells very intresting because I will most likely be using cells and other things for my future career...

So far, I have actually enjoyed the science unit, mainly because all of the labs. I’m more of a hands on learner, and with all the labs and seeing the small cells, it amazes me. The one thing I don’t like is all the notes we have to take. Other than that, it’s truly a fun unit.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Recently, we have been learning a lot about tiny little creatures called cells that make up our bodies in science. My favorite part about learning about cells is that we can see them under microscopes. We were even aloud to take out a peice of hair and look at it under a microscope. We could see all of the dead skin follicles! It was awesome! I love learning about all of the little organelles in the cells and how they function. This is why science is my favorite subject.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 04:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

So we have been learning about microbiology in science. It’s been fun. We’ve learned how a cell works, and their organs, organelle, what they do, and how they get their food, and their life circle. It was fun learning about how they work, and what they look like. It was very fun to look at them through the microscope, and learning what different cells look like under the microscope. it was weird to learn about cancer and genetic mutations.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 03:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Learning about cells has been really fun I think. We have been learning about the cell structure, the worst part is that I keep getting animal cells and plant cells mixed up. My favorite part about this is how the cells work and what parts of the cells do what. Also I think that learning about bacteria cells is really cool there a lot different than plant, and animal cells.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 03:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

From the classroom to the blog, I am here to give you the scoop on the microbiology session in science. In science, we have learned a lot but the thing that intrigued me the most was the information about cancer. We hear about cancer in every-day lives and it is nice to know the science behind cancer. The most interesting part about this session was using the microscope. Seeing all the organisms up-close and personal. When you use a microscope the hardest part was drawing the organism. The microbiology session was also very enjoyable because of all the labs we got to do. Overall this was a great session in science.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Our cell unit in science class has been pretty cool but I'm not very fond of science but it becomes fun because my friends makes it fun. My friend and I also have a contest between Alec and Isaac to see which group can get done the fastest. So far we have done a lab where we put two plants inside a tube with a color changing water, it turns blue when exposed to oxegyn and yellow when there is no oxegyn. We put one of the plants where sunlight is and one in the dark and see which one will turn the water blue again. There was a big difference in the chloroplast. With this experiment I've been having a lot of fun.

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 05:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

The cells unit in science is pretty hard for me. I know the parts of a cell well but the other parts I am really fuzzy on. I didn't really like working with the microscopes because I kept breaking the cover slides. Learning about cells is not my favorite thing to do but it is still fun.

Article posted March 3, 2012 at 03:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Science has been really fun. The coolest thing that’s happened is learning how cells reproduce and the reason why I thought this was interesting is because they split in half and that is how they get duplicates of the cell. Another interesting thing is that cancer is when cells divide and reproduce uncontrollably. I also know that bacteria cells don’t have nucleoid and viruses are like parasites because they both require a host to survive. Antibiotics are useless against viruses. One more thing, a prokaryote lacks a nucleus and a eukaryote has a nucleus.

Even though I sometimes don't like science I think that it's very important because, today we learned about germs and if we didn't have science we wouldn't know about germs and how they get spread.

With out science we would not have all the medicine and anti-bacterial things to keep us safe. Without science we would still be dieing at the age of 30. Thanks to science we have medicine and we live to the age of 80-98.

We have been studying microbiology and cells for a long time now and now it's the end of this unit. I know that all of these cells are composed of cells and they can't reproduce without another cell and that all living things contain cells. I think the best part of this unit was playing with the playdough because we got to learn and have fun, but the worst part was when we had to take notes. There were lots of labs and they were fun because we got to look through the microscopes. This unit was so fun!

So far in this unit we have seen protists and multiple other micro-organisms the best part about this is that we can have as much fun with the labs and other things we have seen instead of just read about it in text books. The worst thing is that we don't get to do the labs very often. What I have learned about this unit is that seeing the organisms in the microscope have made me very interested in the subject of micro-science.

Article posted February 25, 2012 at 12:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

We have been learning a lot lately in science. We have been learning about cells and bacteria. We have learned the parts of the cells and how some cells are protected by a cell wall and a cell membrane, but bacteria has a capsule and a cell wall. Also plant and animal cells have a lot of similarities but they don’t have much in common with a bacteria cell. During this unit we have done a few labs. One of my favorite labs was the one where we looked through the microscope and looked at different types of protests. Protists are organisms that are hard to classify in one group. My friends and I enjoyed looking at the brine shrimp, which are a type of protists; we thought they were so cute and so fast. Overall I enjoyed this unit, even though I didn’t really care for the reading and note taking part.

Article posted March 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I have learned how to figuer out how to determent if it is a plant cell or a animal cell. The best part is when we are doing a lab. The worst part is looking in the book.

In science, we have been studying cells. Also, we have learned the parts of a bacteria cell, plant cell, and an animal cell. We used microscopes to look at certain things and their cells. While looking through the microscopes, we had to draw what we saw. Also, looking at protists through the microscopes was probably the best part of the unit! The worst part of the unit was taking notes. Anyway, the test should be somewhat simple.

I think the cell unit is awesome. Learning what makes cells work in organisms is cool. The only problem is that we have to learn a ton of vocabulary. We also used microscopes which was very fun. We have a huge test coming up on the unit. The website that Mrs. Kosters put on the wiki is rather helpful to study for my test. I have been studying a lot so I think I will do good on the test.

Science is one of my favorite subjects (math is the other). The cells and microbiology unit has been another example of this. Part of my love is the labs I get to do. So far we have done a ton of labs, with the most memorable being the protists lab.  I actually got to look at live organisms under a microscope. That was my first time being able to look living organisms up close and in detail. Plus, I have learned a lot about how cells work and the parts of them. Through this I have increased my knowledge of prefixes and root words as well as why certain things happen the way they do in cells. I also learned why viruses can be so potent. They feed off of other cells and use them to multiply themselves. Cells are what make up you and me. We should know what makes them thrive and be deprived so we can keep ourselves healthy.   

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Cells are made up of different parts just like our body except they have different names for the body parts and they work in a different way. So far in this unit I have had some trouble memorizing the meaning of the part of the cell but since I have been studying I’ve been doing better. A good thing in this unit so far is I get to learn how cells work and what they do to help the body. Also in this unit we looked at some things under a microscope and seeing the cells in it.

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 08:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

In science, we are learning about cells and what are in them. There are little organ-like things called organelles. They do functions in the cell a lot like organs do for our bodies. Also, we learned the differences between animal cells, plant cells, and bacteria cells. For example, plant cells have little things called chloroplasts which exchange solar energy and water for air and sugar, which the plant uses to feed itself. The best part of the cell unit was looking at the protists from under a microscope. What I didn't like doing was taking all those notes. We wrote two or three pages of notes for the test. We learned a lot about cells.

Science has been very interesting lately. The parts of cells and what they do are very interesting because who would have thought that something so small could be so complex. The names of cells and what they do sometimes get very confusing but the comparison to a factory has helped me very much. For example, the mitochondria is the power house for the cell. Using these little tricks, I should be fine for the test.

Yes, 'tis true, we are going over cells in science. Even though I went over cells in my old school, I still have learned a couple things, and have refreshed my memory about many things. The worst part about all this is going over this stuff AGAIN. The best part is, the teacher is coming at it a different way than my old science teacher, so I get a new perspective on all this. We have learned about Osmosis and diffusion. We have done a couple labs concerning that subject, like our "egg-speriment!!", involving different eggs in different solutions. I look forward to doing more labs and rejuvenate my mind on cells and their ways.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

Learning about cells and such has been interesting, because it's been interactive. We've done many labs, which helps with learning about it. The best part was probably doing the labs, because we have gotten to see many different kinds of cells, and learn about of each one of them. I've learned about animal cells, plant cells, and bacteria cells. I learned that you don't actually just have them in science class, but their actually everywhere!

In science I am learning about cells and all the different types of cells.I am also learning about all the parts of cells.I Know that each cell has a nucleus except a bacteria cell.The worst part is the amount we have to write down in our notebooks and there are some labs involved.one lab we did was involving a chemical that when given co2 it turns greenish.