ASU Fear the Fork

Poetic Tools
Poets like to use different tools in each of their writing pieces. These tools can be used for emphasizing on something, or maybe to make the poem fun. One of these poetic tools is rhyme. Rhyme is where words at the end of a line have the same-sounded ending. It can make poems fun or just easier to understand. There is also alliteration. Alliteration is where the poet uses the same consonant sounds in words. This can emphasize on a certain topic the poet is talking about. There are also onomatopeias. Onomatopeias are words which are sounds too. For example, 'moo' is the word for the sound cows make. It sounds just like how cows make it sound. The point is, poets use many tools to change their poem into something meaningful, or just something silly. It may be as simple as rhyming 'cat' with 'hat', but it can really change the feel of a poem.

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM • comment • Reads 38 • see all articles

I like to play football.